This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26
    I know this is off-topic, but I just felt the need to post this great quote from this morning's Austin American Statesman--

On the toughest stretch of road, during the toughest stage of what is arguably the toughest sporting event in the world, Lance Armstrong put the hammer down and roared toward the top of L'Alpe d'Huez. It was a move of such breathtaking power that most of his rivals would have had trouble matching it while driving a car, let alone pedaling a bike.
    It was also the stuff of legend.
    It was Muhammad Ali floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee; Tiger Woods devouring Augusta National with his "A" game; Michael Jordan eyeballs-level-with-the-rim at his gravity defying best; Jim brown hauling a scrum of would-be tacklers into the end zone; Babe Ruth calling his shot.--Jim Litke, AP

It sort of reminded me of the perseverence we will need to survive the roller coaster ride. So--

((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm glad we all have each other to get through this (and all that pesky RL stuff too)

GO LANCE GO!!! SIX IN A ROW!!!!
    ((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))

If we all stick together we can make it through to the end of Season 8..or 9 or 10 and then celebrate together when Sam and Jack finally get together!! (Which they will!!)
    We all have to think positive and eat lots of Nana's ship cookies to keep us very ship happy

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      I suggested a shipper information office for lurkers and newbies. If it's here on the list I apologise, if not...please add it!

A newspaper is needed! The Carter/O'Neill engagement and wedding stories and photos should be in a newspaper!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
        A newspaper is needed! The Carter/O'Neill engagement and wedding stories and photos should be in a newspaper!
        LOL! Great idea! Shipper Town News, The Daily Ship, The Shipper Times....
        It would be great to have a newpaper with all the latest shippy news from the New episodes!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Hmmmm....is there a school yet? Jack and Sam's little ones will need somewhere to go to further their education. I'm almost a teacher, so I could volunteer for that. Although, Sam's brains with Jack's attitude...that could be a little scary from an educator's point of view.
          Tasha
          JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

That's a great idea!!!

I sense a new sg1 ezine arriving soon....
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
              LOL. Wow you guys post fast!

And yes, there IS a story behind my name. I've always been really into math and science, and especially space science (which explains my relentless science fiction addiction). And I also have this big fascination with planes, spacecraft, etc. So, I like aerospace, math, and since I'm a big academic competition person, I guess I could say I'm a "mathlete," so that's where the name came from. I'm starting college this fall in the general L.A. area (If I happen to see any actors, I'll let ya know), majoring somewhere between aerospace engineering, astrophysics, or applied math. So sue me, I want to be an astronaut. Something along those lines. I'll just have to wait and see what I like best.

And I'm likewise enjoyed to have made it in time for Ship day! LOL. Roller Coasters and all. Sam is my "academic idol", if there is such a thing, and Jack is well...just YUMMY.
              I'm a math major, though not a very good one. I used to be really good at math in HS, but when I got to college the math was a lot harder. I've even had to retake quite a few of the math classes. I do OK with number crunching classes like calculus and numerical analysis, but I do kinda crappy in math classes that involve math theory, which means math proofs, which I hate. But I think you'll get a kick out of my "shipper math." I have 3 shipper equations and the fundamental theorem of shipper calculus:

Sam + Pete = see chaos theory
              Sam + Jack = infinite happiness
              Jack + Pete = instantaneous fury, as Jack will kill him

Fundamental Theorem of Shipper Calculus (slightly modified from before): In the xy-plane, when you measure Sam's happiness curve over time, the first derivative of this happiness curve with respect to time will allow you to find her local maximum and local minimum points of happiness. Setting the first derivative of Sam's happiness curve equal to zero will allow you to find these critical points in time where these maximums and minimums occur. Upon inspection, you will find that:

There is a big local maximum at time t = 0 (time measured in years at the SGC), when Sam joined the SGC and met Jack, boy did those sparks fly.

There is a large local minimum at time t = 3 (3rd year) when Jack went missing for 3 months and she thought she lost him for good.

There is another big local maximum at time t = 4 (4th year at SGC) when they finally admitted their mutual feelings for each other under the Za'tarc detector test.

There is a large local minimum at time t = 6 (6th year at SGC) when Sam thought she lost Jack again when he got trapped with Maybourne off-world for a month.

There is a very small local maximum at time t = 7 when Sam started dating . This is followed by a downward trend in happiness at time t = 8, where she is doing a rethink of her current relatioship with , hopefully coming to the conclusion that she got much more happiness when she met Jack than when she met . And that she realizes that her lowest points were those when she thought she lost her soulmate, aka Jack. Hopefully she examines this curve and sees that her life is much more linked with Jack's than it is with 's.

Phew!! *wipes sweat off forehead*

That was one long post!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater

Phew is right. Very impressive. I even understand and agree with your shipper math. Maybe you can be a math teacher at the school in Shipper Town
                Desperate Thunker

Comment

I'm a math major, though not a very good one. I used to be really good at math in HS, but when I got to college the math was a lot harder. I've even had to retake quite a few of the math classes. I do OK with number crunching classes like calculus and numerical analysis, but I do kinda crappy in math classes that involve math theory, which means math proofs, which I hate. But I think you'll get a kick out of my "shipper math." I have 3 shipper equations and the fundamental theorem of shipper calculus:

Sam + Pete = see chaos theory
                  Sam + Jack = infinite happiness
                  Jack + Pete = instantaneous fury, as Jack will kill him

Fundamental Theorem of Shipper Calculus (slightly modified from before): In the xy-plane, when you measure Sam's happiness curve over time, the first derivative of this happiness curve with respect to time will allow you to find her local maximum and local minimum points of happiness. Setting the first derivative of Sam's happiness curve equal to zero will allow you to find these critical points in time where these maximums and minimums occur. Upon inspection, you will find that:

There is a big local maximum at time t = 0 (time measured in years at the SGC), when Sam joined the SGC and met Jack, boy did those sparks fly.

There is a large local minimum at time t = 3 (3rd year) when Jack went missing for 3 months and she thought she lost him for good.

There is another big local maximum at time t = 4 (4th year at SGC) when they finally admitted their mutual feelings for each other under the Za'tarc detector test.

There is a large local minimum at time t = 6 (6th year at SGC) when Sam thought she lost Jack again when he got trapped with Maybourne off-world for a month.

There is a very small local maximum at time t = 7 when Sam started dating . This is followed by a downward trend in happiness at time t = 8, where she is doing a rethink of her current relatioship with , hopefully coming to the conclusion that she got much more happiness when she met Jack than when she met . And that she realizes that her lowest points were those when she thought she lost her soulmate, aka Jack. Hopefully she examines this curve and sees that her life is much more linked with Jack's than it is with 's.

Love your theory!!

I'm terrible at Maths! I got a grade 3 for my Standard Grade (equivalent of a C at GCSE. I don't know any other equivalent)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sgt.siler
                    then good afternoon to you and thank you.
                    I take it you like Siler. He's an OK guy too. I think there was a little shippy type line from Jack in "48 hours." It was when Jack was asking Sam if she was sure she wanted to be in there when they removed the control crystal from the Russian DHD. He was concerned for her. How sweet!!!! It was funny when Siler piped up saying "not really, sir!" And Jack said, "I wasn't talking to you!" I also thought that zinger Siler threw at Jacob in "Evolution part 2" was kinda funny, where Jacob was putting on the kull warrior armor and Siler asked him if they had helmets in those days when Jacob said the armor reminded him of his old football days.

Comment

Is there a nice,dark peacful spot with a telescope anywhere in Shipper town???
                      I love astronomy and we can't have a town without a telescope and nice dark skies for me to continue my search for abydos

And of course if Jack and Sam ever visit Shipper Town they need a place to go where Jack can teach Sam the constellations and where she can baffle him with science about what stars are made of and how they work

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                        Hi Shippers!! (waves)

No sooner do I get caught up to page 20 of thread 11 than you’re halfway through thread 12! How do you do it???

A few quick things:

 Token, you are a genius!!! (throws Token a bunch of roses). Since I’m a librarian in real life, I would like to add the Shipper Library where sugarshaker archives the vast DVD and fan-fiction collections and helps each shipper find just the right S/J story to fit his mood. (Hope the job is still open!)

 Marimba and Kiri welcome back and thanks for the great con reports and pictures!

 Mala (awestruck) the TV schedule was too funny! I cut out your potato head Annubis and put it up on my refrigerator, and now I crack up every time I go into the kitchen.

 Mad_gater: I was at “our” Outback Steakhouse yesterday and the place still resonates with a slight shipper buzz from your recent visit!

 I will be going to the Creation con in NJ Aug 7/8 and would like to meet other shippers. If anyone’s going and wants to meet up, please pm me or email me at [email protected].

Can’t wait till Shipper Day!!!
                        Are you sure i was from my visit? How many drinks did ya have there? Maybe the buzz was from your drunkeness!!

Comment

I think there was a little shippy type line from Jack in "48 hours." It was when Jack was asking Sam if she was sure she wanted to be in there when they removed the control crystal from the Russian DHD. He was concerned for her. How sweet!!!! It was funny when Siler piped up saying "not really, sir!" And Jack said, "I wasn't talking to you!"
                          I love that scene!! Shippy and funny! Siler is great

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                            I love that scene!! Shippy and funny! Siler is great
                            Lol. That scene was lovely. I'll need to watch that ep again soon.
                            sigpic

Comment

I take it you like Siler. He's an OK guy too. I think there was a little shippy type line from Jack in "48 hours." It was when Jack was asking Sam if she was sure she wanted to be in there when they removed the control crystal from the Russian DHD. He was concerned for her. How sweet!!!! It was funny when Siler piped up saying "not really, sir!" And Jack said, "I wasn't talking to you!" I also thought that zinger Siler threw at Jacob in "Evolution part 2" was kinda funny, where Jacob was putting on the kull warrior armor and Siler asked him if they had helmets in those days when Jacob said the armor reminded him of his old football days.
                              i don't know what it is about that character that i like so much. dan shea has such an innocence about him. i like how they always put him in the background with the giant wrench!
                              i'm a bit embarassed to say that i haven't seen a single episode of s7 i will look for that. i'm not bothered by spoilers though. i can't wait until the dvd comes out! OCTOBER 19th.....i'm there! due to a lack of satellite i'm unable to watch s8 too! i did see the first hour which only makes it worse! being denided my stargate is unbearable!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                                Thanks re: the fic. The next is not done but Tame has approved Chapter One to be posted for Ship Day! It is appropriately shippy for the event!

Don't feell bad about the end of the last thread, I stopped to answer an email and missed it! They move real fast around here!!
                                sweet! can't wait to read it!

yeah, really fast...barely managing to read it all, much less respond...but I'm determined; I will get post #1000 at some point <g>

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                                ~Imzadi
                                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Working...
                                X