This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Critter
    I am laughing out loud and my daughter keeps asking me what is so funny. Dare I tell her?
    well now I would have to say THAT depends on you and her age
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
      oooo, treasures! I can't wait (it's kinda like Xmas... ).

Yes, hmmm, hours...... it's so much fun to lie around in here, stretched out on the divan by the pool, shipper cookie in one hand.... Jack clone in the other... er, I mean, Jackowacko cocktail in the other....
      Too funny.......

all the shiplets playing
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        well now I would have to say THAT depends on you and her age
        Oh, she's old enough (seventeen) but you know what? I really don't want to share my new family with her.

My RL family gives me a lot of loving grief over my fairly new obsession with Stargate, Jack and Sam and just plain Jack. I think I'll keep my new family all to myself. Hubs has tried to watch it but just can't get into it. The few shows he has seen, he has most definitely seen the Ship between our two lovebirds (Sam and Jack Forever) even through all of his grief giving.
        Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          AWESOME SONG!!!!!!!!!!! I think I sent Marimba the whole Clay Aiken CD....... must ask her NOW!!!!!
          UNCLE!!! I'll put that one on the list too! How's that? Only one condition though--you guys have to keep me apprised of everything I miss on thread! Deal? Okay!
          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Thanks to those who directed me to "Understandings and Misunderstandings" by Su Freund as the facfic story I was trying to remember. I went to the site and was able to read the end part of the series--well, I think I did read the ending, 'cause for some reason I couldn't access the last line or two of the story. I also read some other shorter stories on the site and had the same problem. It was either the site, my computer--or me!

Someone said "Kaleidoscope" by Audrey Richardson could have been the story I was looking for. That's a very good one too, and in it Sam has a similar thing happen as in "U and M."

And speaking of fanfic, I liked , "The Best I Ever Had" by Noda. It on the SG Fan Awards site. It's earth based. Twin Cities. Well, I like lots of them, but just happened to reread it. Looking forward to the new stories by those posting on here, too.

And finally, why do we start anew after 1000 posts? The regs?

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
              UNCLE!!! I'll put that one on the list too! How's that? Only one condition though--you guys have to keep me apprised of everything I miss on thread! Deal? Okay!
              Will definitely keep you apprised to have a vid with that song. *sighs dreamily*

Comment

Criminy! You guys are all posting fiends! I take a day off to do chores, come back to schmooz a bit and *bang* we're knee-deep in thread XII! Wow! But I've still got to catch up on #XI!

Originally posted by Kri
                Ya know, I must have just needed a good cry tonight. I watched the special Trading Spaces, where they redid some Habitat for Humanity homes, and sat there bawling at the end. I also do that once a week with Extreme Home Makeovers.
                Don't feel bad, I did the same thing. Sat there trying not to let my husband see me sniffling and dabbing my eyes. "Oh look, they got a trip to Ireland along with getting a nice house make-over," :::lower lip quivers::: "Waaahhhhhh! That's so nice!"
                Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received. - Lorien

Comment

Oh, she's old enough (seventeen) but you know what? I really don't want to share my new family with her.

My RL family gives me a lot of loving grief over my fairly new obsession with Stargate, Jack and Sam and just plain Jack. I think I'll keep my new family all to myself. Hubs has tried to watch it but just can't get into it. The few shows he has seen, he has most definitely seen the Ship between our two lovebirds (Sam and Jack Forever) even through all of his grief giving.

Mine said one Monday night when we get multiple episodes, " Is that 0n 24-7?"
                  Last edited by Gatetrixer; 25 July 2004, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                    Thanks to those who directed me to "Understandings and Misunderstandings" by Su Freund as the facfic story I was trying to remember. I went to the site and was able to read the end part of the series--well, I think I did read the ending, 'cause for some reason I couldn't access the last line or two of the story. I also read some other shorter stories on the site and had the same problem. It was either the site, my computer--or me!

Someone said "Kaleidoscope" by Audrey Richardson could have been the story I was looking for. That's a very good one too, and in it Sam has a similar thing happen as in "U and M."

And speaking of fanfic, I liked , "The Best I Ever Had" by Noda. It on the SG Fan Awards site. It's earth based. Twin Cities. Well, I like lots of them, but just happened to reread it. Looking forward to the new stories by those posting on here, too.

And finally, why do we start anew after 1000 posts? The regs?
                    There are some really good stories on the fan awards site. I've read just about all of the nominations now. My eyes are crossing just thinking about it. There is a good one on the general fic page called Soul Senses. Not shippy but a GREAT team story. And I love Counterbalance. REALLY good!

Comment

Critter, I'm with you! My hubs just groans and moans about me being on-line all the time. I had been a casual viewer of Stargate until Season 7, and now he thinks I'm obsessed. He doesn't understand that talking to you guys is just like talking on the phone to good friends. He is outnumbered 'cuz I have already brainwashed the 4 and 5 year old kidos. It's three against one, and he needs to get on the shipper train to Shipper Town. LOL!

Token ~

Comment

Show him "Window of Opportunity" (hilarious) or "Lost City" (lots of explosions)--and be patient, it takes time. I hooked mine with Window and he's gotten more involved since. I've watched from almost day one and he was with me for all but a year of that and has only gotten really hooked since season 7. He has now joined the fandom and plays SG-1 RPGs. He also posts here at GW and makes vids. He's well and truly hooked.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                          Mine said one Monday night when we get multiple episodes, " Is that at 24-7?"
                          If only...

Though I'm beginning to think sci-fi would like it to be. *and that works for me--not much else on anyway*

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                            Will definitely keep you apprised to have a vid with that song. *sighs dreamily*
                            k then--signing off to make vids...no fair putting up 300 posts tonight

Comment

Marimba, "Cold Case" just came on and was playing "You Gotta Have Faith" (I think) by George Michael. It's a old one, but wouldn't it be GREAT if TPTB would give us the material to make a vid with that song! *sigh*

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                                Critter, I'm with you! My hubs just groans and moans about me being on-line all the time. I had been a casual viewer of Stargate until Season 7, and now he thinks I'm obsessed. He doesn't understand that talking to you guys is just like talking on the phone to good friends. He is outnumbered 'cuz I have already brainwashed the 4 and 5 year old kidos. It's three against one, and he needs to get on the shipper train to Shipper Town. LOL!

Hey, you must be my twin!!! My hubby is behind me now grousing that I need to eat now...(whatever!!). My five year old is hooked too. She loves Sam.

Well, I guess I'll sign off and wait for the thirty thosands posts tomorrow!!

Night all!!

Comment

Working...
                                X