s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

3) I didn't understand the whole, "Anubis would have to use his ancient powers to leave the base and then they'd get him." He was floaty all on his own, and, if he's like the rest of the ancients - and he sure appears to be (except for being dark) - floating out of the atmosphere and into space wouldn't being using any unreasonable powers, it seems. I don't get it.
    Also, we've seen other ascended beings go through the Stargate. Why did Anubis need a body to go through?

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Howdy Shipper Family,

I'm reading Imzadi, a Star Trek Next Gen Novel. It is the story of Riker and Troi's romance/connection and what went haywire. I found a paragraph that spoke to me of Jack and Sam. I've snipped it and adjusted the names for our thread....

snip.....
      Sam walked slowly across to the door, looking out at the thundering rain. "What else did you guys discuss?"

Daniel was looking at Jack's coffin. "Truthfully?"

"That's usually the best way."

"We talked about how dumb you were to be just friends with him when you could have been so much more."

......skipping some sentences.......

Letting out a heavy breath, Sam said, "For what it is worth, Daniel, ....we were so much more. If we made any mistake....if I made any mistake....it was allowing myself to take too much for granted. Like that he would always be there, Old Reliable. Like that, if I wanted the nature of our relationship to change, I could do so anytime. That was probably my biggest presumption."

snip

My apologies to Peter David (the author) for hijacking his work.

But reading those words I wanted to shout 'Wake up, Sam!" "Wake up, Jack!" The end could come too soon.....

Do you think we could get Riker and Troi to talk to Sam and Jack???? Tell them what they are missing??

Or at least talk to SG PTB?

Night, y'all,

Happy Dreams

Happy
      Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Happy
        Howdy Shipper Family,

I'm reading Imzadi, a Star Trek Next Gen Novel. It is the story of Riker and Troi's romance/connection and what went haywire. I found a paragraph that spoke to me of Jack and Sam. I've snipped it and adjusted the names for our thread....

snip.....
        Sam walked slowly across to the door, looking out at the thundering rain. "What else did you guys discuss?"

Daniel was looking at Jack's coffin. "Truthfully?"

"That's usually the best way."

"We talked about how dumb you were to be just friends with him when you could have been so much more."

......skipping some sentences.......

Letting out a heavy breath, Sam said, "For what it is worth, Daniel, ....we were so much more. If we made any mistake....if I made any mistake....it was allowing myself to take too much for granted. Like that he would always be there, Old Reliable. Like that, if I wanted the nature of our relationship to change, I could do so anytime. That was probably my biggest presumption."

snip

My apologies to Peter David (the author) for hijacking his work.

But reading those words I wanted to shout 'Wake up, Sam!" "Wake up, Jack!" The end could come too soon.....

Do you think we could get Riker and Troi to talk to Sam and Jack???? Tell them what they are missing??

Or at least talk to SG PTB?

Night, y'all,

Happy Dreams

Happy
        That's really good shippy novel. Lots of angst! Too bad there are no novels out there like that of Jack and Sam. Something that sold reeeeaaallly well to indicate to TPTB that romance (aka sex) sells! You would think they would recogize that by now!

Have to keep writing fan fic!

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
          LOL! I am talking about the one you already have!!

I have only chapter one done for that one... Of course chapter one could be posted by itself. It is extremely shippy... Starts and ends in the same place... (Mei Mei issues an evil laugh!) Of course it's NC17!
          OOOOHHHHHHHH just a quickie...hehehehehe and I am reading NC-17 stuff...I crack myself UP!!
          I am almost there then
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            OOOOHHHHHHHH just a quickie...hehehehehe and I am reading NC-17 stuff...I crack myself UP!!
            I am almost there then
            Now, Tame, you should know by now that I can't write anything short! How dare you call it a quickie!!!

LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
              s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

I agree except that I didn't like the "Daniel's awake" line. It made her seem to familiar for somebody so new. As I think I said before, almost like she was saying lines written for Janet.
              You know, I didn't even notice the new doctor other than to say, "Oh, that must be the new doctor." I think of her character much like Dr. Warner. He was there when the plot needed him.

And since we're on the subject of Lockdown, here are a few other things I found questionable or interesting:

1) Daniel was shot by every member of his team in this episode. I don't know why I found that funny or of note, but I did. <g>
              I loved the whole Jack and Daniel banter about shooting him. I wonder if Teal'c would have zatted Daniel again if Jack hadn't shot him.

2) I didn't understand the business with Carter jumping up when Jack entered the room. Previously, he was a Bird Colonel and she was a Major, two ranks beneath him, and she never came to attention. Now he's a Brig General and she's a Lt Colonel - still two steps under him in rank. Why would she suddenly start jumping up? Unless there's a military thing I'm not aware of where Generals are treated differently by their underlings than Colonels do, I'm confused.
              I don't know the exact regulation, but I know if a senior officer comes into the room you are to come to attention. Sometimes we saw it when Hammond entered a room for briefings. I think since Jack was part of SG1, he had long ago told Sam to be "at ease". I found it to be just like by-the-book Sam. Until she was given permission and ordered, she was going to follow the rules. I also think it was a way to "have a moment" between Sam and Jack. That was my take on it.
              3) I didn't understand the whole, "Anubis would have to use his ancient powers to leave the base and then they'd get him." He was floaty all on his own, and, if he's like the rest of the ancients - and he sure appears to be (except for being dark) - floating out of the atmosphere and into space wouldn't being using any unreasonable powers, it seems. I don't get it.
              Yea, that was a "stretch" for me too. I think that comes under the heading of "don't question your SciFi".
              4) Loved the actor that played young Hammond being back, and hope he's a regular.
              That was cool and weird at the same time. I kept saying, "There's Hammond."

I'm adding one:
              5) Anyone find if strange that Sam could disengage the autodestruct by HERSELF. In "Message in a Bottle", both Hammond and Carter had to enter there code. That really stuck out at me.

And this doesn't have anything really to do with Lockdown, but with next week. I know the preview didn't indicate this, but the TV Guide listing says that O'Neill doubts his abilities to run the SGC. I like that idea, because Jack is rarely shown questioning himself where his job is concerned. Seeing him uncertain and with self-doubt will be an interesting experience if it's done well. Of course, given last year and this, I'm not sure I can count on that. :-(
              This one does look good. Ba'al is back. There will be lots of eye candy. There is a good pic of Jack on the SciFi page for this Friday's episode.

Token ~

Comment

I will have to dedicate chapter one to Marimba and Caty! I wrote it with over two hours of their vids playing in the corner of the screen for inspiration!

LOL!

Comment

It has taken me FOREVER to catch up on all these posts. Way to go, shippers!

I just wanted to say welcome to all the brave lurkers who have stepped out to support the cause.

Kri-I just love your pictures. It looks like you had a lot of fun! You have a beautiful smile.

The t-shirt idea is really great! I like #'s 8, 9, and 10. We'll be shippin' in style! Thanks, Ship Sistah, for taking the time to do this!

Okay, that's all for now. You've probably posted at least 2 pages while I typed this out.
                  Tasha
                  JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarae64
                    Delurking for the first time on this new forum...so forgive me if I mess this up. Could the story you're looking for be Kaleidescope by Audrey Richardson? You should be able to find it at the SG1 Fan Fic Awards site (it was nominated this year).
                    :-)
                    Sarae
                    Welcome Sara. Pull up a chair and help yourself to some shipper cookies. Glad you decided to join the fun. You did just fine.
                    Ship Nana

Comment

G'Nite, Happy!!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                        Oh, Caty!!! I forgot this pic!! I have the Rolling Stone that it was on the cover of!!! (Okay, so I'm a geek) Wouldn't it be SOOOOOO cool for Rolling Stone to do a Stargate shoot like this!!! Major Thunkage for all the Rick and Amanda droolers!!!
                        The problem with this plan - as much as I'd adore seeing it - is that I don't think Amanda would *pose* for such a pic the way that David and Gillian did. She'd much rather have one taken with DDL.
                        - Mary
                        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                          Welcome Sara. Pull up a chair and help yourself to some shipper cookies. Glad you decided to join the fun. You did just fine.
                          Welcome, Sara! Ship Nana makes the best shipper cookies.

Ship Nana, that latest batch of pink ones are working really well! Typing, typing, typing... really gets the fingers moving on the latest fic!

Comment

Now, Tame, you should know by now that I can't write anything short! How dare you call it a quickie!!!

LOL!!
                            You said short! OOPS, I just fell into the shipper Gutter....

Comment

Welcome, Sara! Ship Nana makes the best shipper cookies.

Ship Nana, that latest batch of pink ones are working really well! Typing, typing, typing... really gets the fingers moving on the latest fic!
                              Yes, Mei Mei! Keep typing! I am eagerly awaiting your next installment.

Ship Nana-We need special cookies for all of the authors in our shipper family to help with creativity and production.
                              Tasha
                              JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                                The problem with this plan - as much as I'd adore seeing it - is that I don't think Amanda would *pose* for such a pic the way that David and Gillian did. She'd much rather have one taken with DDL.
                                What would make you say that? I get the impression from talking to her that Amanda adores RDA and thinks he is *quite* good looking. And if her Femme Fetale pics have any say in the matter, I don't think she has any problem posing seductively

Comment

Working...
                                X