This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtLisa
    yeah, where is everyone? Shipper family, come out and play with us!!!!
    I'm here. I got back from my vacation late last night and couldn't catch up so I've been trying to catch up with all the posts written while I was gone for the last hour or so.

By the way I think the idea of a T-shirt is just great. Putting the cookie list on the back would be perfect. It would be fun to wear it out and see how many people comment on it. Bet we'd get alot of comments on them.
    Ship Nana

Comment

Ok, here is my vote for Shipper Day and this was not easy.

Broca Divide
      Solitudes
      Point of View
      Entity
      Paradise Lost
      Grace
      Heroes 2
      Ship Nana

Comment

welcome back Ship Nana! yup, lots of posts to catch up with. And I've spent my day reading fanfic...realized a little while ago that I'd been at it for 4 hours...oops. I'm kinda stuck at the field station for now...I don't have my car (and Kel'sha says theres no Tok'ra rings or ships around) and no one with a car's really doing anything. I passed on a trip to the National Arboretum (sine I'm LIVING at the state arboretum and would've had to be up before 8am on my day off...) so I'm hanging out in the computer room, hoping my roommate (not you Kel'sha...my other roommate ) wants to go to town for dinner when shes done with field work (some lucky people work weekends too..). So, I'm around for a while...I could be doing something useful, like looking for grad schools, but I don't feel like it.

wow, that was long...only 2 more hours till I can watch Stargate!!! No ones in the VIP room today, so I can watch Smoke and Mirrors!!!

oh, and Dad (not ship dady, RL Dad...) is taping for me! (((Dad))) who I owe big time as he's not a Stargate fan (yet ) So I will eventually get to watch S8 and Atlantis...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
        ~Imzadi
        describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
        Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

I feel your pain LtLisa.

I was out of the country and definitely going thru shipper withdrawal (didn't bring enough shipper cookies with me and ran out). I had to find a computer and when I did the keyboard was all different. Talk about frustration and then I didn't have enough time to read all the posts, double frustration.

Apparently, we've only heard from Marimba once, is that correct. And there really hasn't been anything new at this point from what I gather.

Oh and I want to say

to all the new family members that have joined us while I was gone.
          Ship Nana

Comment

I hope Marimba was able to give AT the package!!! Lets hope she likes the letter and the videos... maybe she can pass them along to TPTB and show them what we're seeing!!!!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
            MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              I feel your pain LtLisa.

I was out of the country and definitely going thru shipper withdrawal (didn't bring enough shipper cookies with me and ran out). I had to find a computer and when I did the keyboard was all different. Talk about frustration and then I didn't have enough time to read all the posts, double frustration.

Apparently, we've only heard from Marimba once, is that correct. And there really hasn't been anything new at this point from what I gather.

Oh and I want to say

to all the new family members that have joined us while I was gone.
              yup, thats about it...

you were around for the last thread's insanity and Joe Mallozzi's visit right?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
              ~Imzadi

Comment

*hears crickets chirping* WAKE UP!!??! I think we need to come up with a good S/J topic to get everyone's brain awake (or atleast their fingers typing the brain doesnt need to be coherant )

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  So here's the current tally for the ship episodes:

Broca Divide-6
                  Paradise Lost-6
                  Evolution 1&2-3
                  100 Days-0
                  Nemesis/Small Victories-3
                  Grace-8
                  Out of Mind-8
                  Solitudes-12
                  Point of View-11
                  Heroes 2-6
                  In the Line of Duty-4
                  Entity-15
                  Lost City 1&2-10
                  Metamorphosis-4
                  Singularity-1
                  Emancipation-0
                  Desperate Measures-1
                  2010-1
                  Death Knell-4

And with that I'm off for the day. I'll see y'all tomorrow.
                  Add "Shades of Grey". That was the second Stargate ep I really watched, the first being "Fifth Race" one week earlier (I know, I can hear the yells now. "Fifth" was in syndication. I didn't get Showtime at the time, so I had a friend tape SOG the following Friday--and immediately picked up Showtime after watching SOG, because the show had remembered a thread from a year earlier ("Fifth")!). When I watched SOG, I was not thinking about ship in the series, having only seen two eps. When Jack says that line--which was clearly a slip. He was playing an Earther firster type and the appropriate response to Sam's question would have been something like, "I haven't been myself since I joined this bunch of bleeding heart liberals who let their stinky alien 'allies' walk all over them"--I sat up. Sort of, "Whoa, *that* was an interesting thing to say."

J.
                  "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Nice to see everyone back to happy, shippy thoughts. It was pretty angsty there for a while. Meanwhile, here's my list for Seven Shippy Episodes. In truth the deletions got kind of arbitrary toward the end. I tried to pick episodes where there one or the other of them said or did something to reveal how much they cared. I know "100 Days" and "2010" might not be on most shippers' lists, but in "100 Days" it was clear how much Sam cared by how hurt she was, similarly, "2010" showed Jack as similarly hurt by Sam's desertion.

Bucky

Paradise Lost
                    100 Days
                    Grace
                    Heroes 1&2
                    Entity
                    Lost City 1&2

Comment

yup, thats about it...

you were around for the last thread's insanity and Joe Mallozzi's visit right?
                      I was one of the many insane in that last thread but I missed entirely Joe's visit.

What happened? Did he come on this thread? If he did about what number post was the thread at? Or just a highlight of his statements would be great too.

Thanks. Oh, I was up all night baking shipper cookies so we have plenty for the move to Thread X.
                      Ship Nana

Comment

I know you all have gone over and over what JM said but I just found it in the other thread. I know he meant well by coming on our thread but I just have to say this about that:

"All I have to say is don't jump to conclusions. Or, more precisely, jump to small conclusions - but don't assume that they'll necessarily lead to a big conclusion. Or, better yet - watch all of season 8 before you start consider giving away all your wordly possessions and moving into a commune in Southern California. Its going to be a rollercoaster year for our gang."

I mean could he be any more vague? Does he mean that it's ok to jump to the small conclusion that there will be a small Sam/Jack resolution but it won't lead to the big resolution that we would like to see?

Or

Does it mean because Pete offers Sam the ring and maybe or maybe not she takes it doesn't mean that they will end the series together?

What?

And like we didn't know that we were on a rollercoaster ride? Why does he think we have Motion Sickeness Shipper Cookie which when eaten prevents motion sickness from TPTB shipper rollercoaster ride and also stops queasiness due to Pete.

Well at least one of TPTB knows that we are upset and does seem to care enough to take his time to come post here.

So after careful analysis of this situation I think that this was probably a very positive event.

Never-the-less I am definitely gonna fasten my seatbelt alot tighter on the rollercoaster, bake alot more shipper cookies for us all and last but not least I am not canceling my reservations at the Southern California Commune for Wacko Shippers just yet!!!

Sorry for the regression of topic! Back to where you were!!
                        Ship Nana

Comment

I know you all have gone over and over what JM said but I just found it in the other thread. I know he meant well by coming on our thread but I just have to say this about that:

"All I have to say is don't jump to conclusions. Or, more precisely, jump to small conclusions - but don't assume that they'll necessarily lead to a big conclusion. Or, better yet - watch all of season 8 before you start consider giving away all your wordly possessions and moving into a commune in Southern California. Its going to be a rollercoaster year for our gang."

I mean could he be any more vague? Does he mean that it's ok to jump to the small conclusion that there will be a small Sam/Jack resolution but it won't lead to the big resolution that we would like to see?

Or

Does it mean because Pete offers Sam the ring and maybe or maybe not she takes it doesn't mean that they will end the series together?

What?

And like we didn't know that we were on a rollercoaster ride? Why does he think we have Motion Sickeness Shipper Cookie which when eaten prevents motion sickness from TPTB shipper rollercoaster ride and also stops queasiness due to Pete.

Well at least one of TPTB knows that we are upset and does seem to care enough to take his time to come post here.

So after careful analysis of this situation I think that this was probably a very positive event.

Never-the-less I am definitely gonna fasten my seatbelt alot tighter on the rollercoaster, bake alot more shipper cookies for us all and last but not least I am not canceling my reservations at the Southern California Commune for Wacko Shippers just yet!!!

Sorry for the regression of topic! Back to where you were!!
                          like I'd forget post #721...was just about to send it to you <g>

yeah and I've had a shipper cookie in one hand and a barf bag in the other since I heard rumor of Chimera...

and I just watched Smoke and Mirrors...<sighs in stargate and shippy bliss>

~Imzadi

Comment

yeah, where is everyone? Shipper family, come out and play with us!!!!
                            Whoops! Sorry! I slept in, and had my friend Christy over for a while this afternoon (while her car was in the shop), and we watched Atlantis together. We were both over at another friends house having a girls night last night, so I didn't end up parking my butt in front of the tv all night like I had planned. Anyway, then I spent about an hour in WalMart getting reprints of con pics from last weekend.

My thoughts on Atlantis....
                            S
                            P
                            O
                            I
                            L
                            E
                            R
                            S
                            I am gonna give it a shot. So far, it was enough to keep my interest, but it isn't SG-1. I think I'll watch this season to give it a fair shake. I really like Sheppard, but will be highly annoyed if they instantly put he and Teyla together. I adore the brunette Weir much better than the attempt last year. Don't care for Teyla at all right now. McKay could be good comic relief if he doesn't overact. Lt Franks is hilarious and so is the Scottish guy. Although I thought that was an extremely poor ripoff of Scotty from Star Trek, and hope the critics don't rake Atlantis over the coals for that particular casting. As for the Wraith.... in my opinion, they aren't the Goa'uld. No where near as entertaining. Just plain ugly and yucky. I'll have to wait to be impressed by them. Unfortunately, my favorite scenes were the helicopter scenes with Sheppard and O'Neill. Crap.... I just might not be able to ever like it as well as SG-1 just because it isn't an RDA based show But I am willing to try.

Comment

Kel'sha says thats no laughing matter...we're afflicted with that!
                              Good. I mean...I'm sorry Token, kiwigater. We can't help you. At least not with your breakables. This high heat and humidity cuases our symbiotes to spasm our nerves. We're really sorry.

Hey! I heard that Kel'dor! He says I was already a spaz before the blending!! I wouldn't talk if I I we're you Mr. When-I-was-in-my-previous-host-I-spilled-water-into the-console-on-the-tel'tac-and-electrocuted-myself!!

Comment

I'm here. I got back from my vacation late last night and couldn't catch up so I've been trying to catch up with all the posts written while I was gone for the last hour or so.

By the way I think the idea of a T-shirt is just great. Putting the cookie list on the back would be perfect. It would be fun to wear it out and see how many people comment on it. Bet we'd get alot of comments on them.
                                ((((((((((((ShipNana)))))))))))

WELCOME BACK!!!!

Have ya read that Boston Herald article that has the "shipper alliance" in an uproar ready to pounce on the reporter that wrote the article??

Don't know how much longer I'm gonna be on here cuz it looks like there may be a storm rollin' in and it looks to be a nasty one. I saw a couple bolts out of it already!

Comment

Working...
                                X