This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    Your husband is a wise man! Is he a shipper? Yes, BtS just oozes ship!

TheNewestFan!!

My husband is wise

I am not sure how much of a shipper he is, but I am sure he would rather see Sam with Jack, than with you know who...

Comment

actually i was thinking of asking if people wouldn't mind putting spoiler space ahead of any season 8 related things too. i know i've missed out on some spoiler space myself recently, but i learned a tad more about new order than i wanted to (ie the end bit, among others). which is also partially my own fault. all i really want are the pete spoilers, so that i can be prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNewestFan
        Hello everyone!

As my nickname suggests, I am the Newest Fan. My husband introduced me to Stargate a few months ago and I am HOOKED!!!

I have seen and/or read lots of episodes and I love it how the relationship between Jack and Sam has grown and shaped. I think one of my most favorite episodes has been Beneath the Surface. Kinda cool to know that Jack remembers feelings ...

Anyway, just wanted to say HELLO to everyone!
        Hi sweets! Great Hubby you have-- he's a keeper. But was he hiding his love of Stargate while you were dating?

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
          Y'all are depressing me! I kept away from spoilers and came home from the con with happy feelings about season 8. Can we talk more ship now please?
          wasn't season 4 the best!?!
          how's that?

Comment

(((((((((((SaharaGate))))))))))))

I know what you mean about spoilers. I didn't want to be spoiled either, but I decided that I enjoy my shipper family more than not being spoiled. However, sometimes that is hard to say that when the spoilers are bad. Whatever spoilers I accidentally read are from this thread, and I don't go looking for them.

I'm glad you popped in to let us know you are ok. Come by when you can, and remember that once you're in the family there's no leaving it.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
              Hi sweets! Great Hubby you have-- he's a keeper. But was he hiding his love of Stargate while you were dating?

ship sistah

We didn't have Sci-Fi before...

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                i figure if people ask if she's going to be directing enough, they'll get the idea and let her.
                i seem to recall her saying that part of the reason she wasn't likely to direct for SG-1 was because they had fewer episodes this season. and yet they can find so much time for pete. not enough episodes for amanda to direct, for s/j ship, for anything ya like, but plenty of room for random non stargate related man to have some random soap opera time. GREAT!
                Stargate barbie, tell us how you really feel about non-Stargate related story arcs.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                  Y'all are depressing me! I kept away from spoilers and came home from the con with happy feelings about season 8. Can we talk more ship now please?
                  Here we go:

*Chevron guy and Daniel walk into the control room to find the blast doors closed*

CG: That's funny. I didn't hear about the blast doors being closed.

Daniel: Sam and Jack wanted to practice their Irish jig for the SGC talent show tomorrow in there and requested some privacy. Let's see how they're doing and open the blast doors.

*CG opens the blast doors and both CG and Daniel have their jaws on the floor as they watch Sam and Jack dancing a jig, but most certainly not an Irish one, since they ain't even vertical for this jig*

Daniel: Holy sh--! Close the blast doors! *CG closes blast doors*
                  Daniel: That wasn't any jig I know of, at least not an Irish one!!
                  CG: Yeah!! I think that jig is best left in the bedroom!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShahaGate
                    <snip> One of the first things I did was start visiting the forum regularly. I mainly lurked, trying to get caught up on everything. I lurked on the latest shipper threads a couple of times but unfortunately, every time I dipped my toe in the water, I got spoiled.
                    I have been trying REALLY hard to avoid spoilers, so for me, that was more than a little frustrating.
                    While the shipper thread isn't the only place it has happened to me, very many of my spoiler accidents have occured here. So unfortunately, I've decided I just can't risk posting and visiting here regularly anymore. At least not until the season is over.
                    I don't expect people not to talk about spoilers...far from it. I don't take issue with spoilers unless there is no adequate spoiler space or the season/ep isn't indicated.
                    But just so you know, I haven't stopped enjoying the sam/jack dynamic. Far from it. In fact, now that I'm spending less time here, I have started my first couple of fanfics.
                    I just thought I'd come and explain, in case any of you thought I'd become anti-ship or something. I'll certainly be checking back in after the spoiler-danger has passed.
                    And yes, I am as annoyed as everyone else about certain recent spoilers. Though not as annoyed as I am at being spoiled in the first place...
                    THWACK to MG AND Keldor

YES we remember Our Beloved Ship Cookie Monster !!!!!!
                    Our heartfelt and deepest apologies that you got *spoiled* because many of us got carried away over some issues and forgot spoiler space. For that I am truly sorry!!! We do miss you and your insights.

Hopefully we will remember in the future and ANY SHIPPERS that do not want to be spoiled can feel free to roam the thread this goes for us here in the US as well as our Overseas Shipper Family who have yet to see anything yet...

Sooooooooo SHipper Family a friendly reminder that there are LOTS out there that don't want to be spoiled BUT STILL want to be part of the thread and express opinions so DON'T FORGET SPOILER SPACE!!!!!
                    Here is one you can grab any time just copy and paste or just make your own by clicking a smilie and hitting enter and smilie, enter, etc

SPOILER SPACE

besides it is really cute too
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                      I think that the convention has prompted me to want to talk to more shippers. The fans were pretty well split in half ... either wanting Jack and Sam together, or not wanting them together. And those who didn't want them together insisted on rooting for Pete and Sam. Ticked me off a bit, but I had a blast there nonetheless.
                      Half? Really? yuck!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater

Daniel: Holy sh--! Close the blast doors! *CG closes blast doors*
                        Daniel: That wasn't any jig I know of, at least not an Irish one!!
                        CG: Yeah!! I think that jig is best left in the bedroom!!
                        Thanks! And yes to whoever said season 4 ROCKS!

Am I allowed to share a non-ship related behind the scenes story?

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                          Stargate barbie, tell us how you really feel about non-Stargate related story arcs.
                          i secretly love them
                          seriously though, i wouldn't mind nearly as much if they didn't dedicate entire episodes and big segments of episodes to it.

i do understand that i'm sounding like a broken record though. but i'm a tad frustrated about they whole thing. ggrrr.

who thought prodigy was a bit shippy?

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            THWACK to MG AND Keldor

YES we remember Our Beloved Ship Cookie Monster !!!!!!
                            Our heartfelt and deepest apologies that you got *spoiled* because many of us got carried away over some issues and forgot spoiler space. For that I am truly sorry!!! We do miss you and your insights.

Hopefully we will remember in the future and ANY SHIPPERS that do not want to be spoiled can feel free to roam the thread this goes for us here in the US as well as our Overseas Shipper Family who have yet to see anything yet...

Sooooooooo SHipper Family a friendly reminder that there are LOTS out there that don't want to be spoiled BUT STILL want to be part of the thread and express opinions so DON'T FORGET SPOILER SPACE!!!!!
                            Here is one you can grab any time just copy and paste or just make your own by clicking a smilie and hitting enter and smilie, enter, etc

SPOILER SPACE

besides it is really cute too
                            *blinks away stars*

Hey! What was that for?! I was just kiddin' of course I remember SaharaGate!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SaharaGate))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                              What's "Beyond the Gate?"
                              It is a DVD special feature. RDA's in on the UK Volume 31 (US version doesn't have it). Amanda's is on the UK Volume 36. "Beyond the Gate" follows and interviews the actors about their life on and off screen. They are great!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                                Thanks! And yes to whoever said season 4 ROCKS!

Am I allowed to share a non-ship related behind the scenes story?

oooooo, YES! (loooove the behind the scenes info (some of the best stuff on the DVD's is behind the scenes!)

Yep, season 4 ROCKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X