This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another quick observation....

As I scrolled through the posts I did get a laugh where we were all complimenting Sal on her wonderful "The O'Neills" series sigpics...... and except now those posts have it show up as the rotating wooden skull cube! (since the forum is set up to insert the current sigpic in the old post when you go back to view them)

Oh, BTW Sal.... I saw your rotating skull from the get-go, no little red x's (& believe me from my earlier adventures w/getting here through AOL I know all about those nasty little critters!) Thought your sigpic was (& still is).... quite interesting!

Anyway.... gotta go do something else (non-SG related!) for an hour to get all of those scrolling posts outta my brain before I get to bed...
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
      <snip>
      I am still going to stay in my own little shipper cookie induced fantasy world and believe that they will get together in the end - no, BEFORE the end so we can get some good smoochin!!! I have dreamt about them the past two nights and if my dreams could only be put on screen....well, let's just say they would not be airing in prime time!! (Never read smutty fanfics right before going to bed!)
      You didn't know that the shipper induced fantasy world was called the Happy Place, did you? Each Shipper has their own spot to daydream about whatever floats their boat. BTW... Can you guarantee that if I read smutty fanfics before bed my dreams will shall we say be more loving?
      Anyway, just wanted to put my two cents in cause...well, I'm annoying that way and I missed talking to everyone. <snip>
      Your two cents are always worth at least a dollar!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen12
        I am new also but I don't think anybody but AT and TPTB wanted the bf. Sad thing is that it could have been done in a way that accentuated the Jack & Sam ship rather that diminish it.
        Or at least not threaten it -and us- to the point of depression and extinction.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
          Flings mud off clothes & wipes mud off eyelids….. Realizes left flash light back there.... oh well! Sheew-weee that was quite a trek. (Kind of like the one when I went SmileyStealing… errr…. SmileyHunting…. through our threads!)

<snip>

Now I need to be off to bed......G'Night.....
          Thanks for you effort, ShimmeringStar!! Watch where you sling that mud, and don't track it into the Happy Place! You better jump in the tub before bed. I heard Jack has the water all warm.

G'Night....Sweet Dreams!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            Or at least not threaten it -and us- to the point of depression and extinction.

Sally
            I would like to add an "Amen!" to that.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
              I wanna see it. I want equity for my ship! After waiting so long and being forced to sit through her blanking , we want a Jack blank. Subtle ain't gonna do it.

ship sistah

p.s. "blank" meant "kiss"

sure it did
              ROTFL!!!! hehehe.."kiss".....Yeah, Right!!!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                It is pretty sad because there is more ship going on behind the scenes that on screen. The behind the scenes stuff from Death Knell is a good example. There were two separate occasions that Amanda was kissing RDA. Of course, it's just friendship, but it's fun to watch.
                thats some friendship...I generally don't kiss my platonic guy friends...unfortunately in some cases

Note: not implying anything bad about either AT or RDA...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                ~Imzadi
                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                  I suppose my friend and I are kinda like Sam and Jack in a way! LOL!

Of course the issues keeping me from dating her are financial in nature! No regs, just constantly short on finances!

And the fact that I have no license (or a car for that matter) even though I'm 23 doesn't help either. And as she's handicapped, I do kinda need a car to be able to take her off campus.

Although unlike Sam, my friend seems to have a lack of offers in the guy department. Which I find strange since she's very pretty. Maybe her being handicapped is putting off most guys.

But like Sam, she's very smart in her field. Makes me look like a dumba$$. Of course she's kind of a dunce in the computer world, so that's one thing I'm smarter than her in.

She's going for a doctorate in Chemistry. Doctorates! Oy! I'd shoot myself before going for one of those! But that's why I admire her so much. She puts up with the fact that doctorates are stressful enough for able-bodied people, let alone for handicapped people, but she's going through with the program anyway! What's not to love about her when you see all that? I'm half tempted to slap the rest of the guys on campus here upside the head and say: "What's wrong with you?!?! Can't you see that you'd be lucky to have a girl like her?!?!?! She's going through a doctorate that's stressful enough for the non-handicapped, let alone her! And she still has time to give of herself to others! What's not to love?!?!?!"

Oy! Long-winded OT rantings about the friend I'd like to be more than friends with! Ignore me!
                  awwww...don't let the $$ stop you...most girls I know don't expect much (I certainly wouldn't expect a guy to pay my way more than a couple of times...first date is a must though...I'm old fashioned enough for that).

are you a grad student? (Kel'sha says stop asking everyone I meet who's in their 20's that question...can't help it...applying to grad school this year )

oh, yeah...on topic....aren't Sam and Jack just perfect for each other? I love the chemistry

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                  ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                    I guess. Maybe they're tryin' to play it like she always picks the wrong kinda guy! I don't know! Ignore the guy who thinks he knows it all! I hear you snickering in my head Keldor! Are you trying to imply something?!?!?!
                    Kel'sha and I find this funny too...

Kel'sha: they need to stop playing that angle...it hurts her character...

LtLisa says Mom always said "no man is EVER old enough to know beter"

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                      I'm not sure if I'd say Shippers took comfort in what was or wasn't said in JM's cryptic post. But I can tell you as a SG fan, I really do appreciate that a Power that Be actually took the time to get on (I know what my RL is like & how hard it is sometimes to find the time to lurk or play here... I can only imagine what his is like) and I know what that would lead me to hope... that he (or others on his or TOPTB's behalf) does lurk throughout all of the Threads & knows how most of us (no matter what our view of the show) feel. In that respect, I'll admit that I do take comfort.
                      me too :~)

~Imzadi

Comment

Thread 8, #953 ses110
                        With all of Sam's Man Friends I am not sure who is number 2.It is easy to lose count when just about every male guest star is falling for Sam.Even Replicators can fall for Sam.Swimsuit Models do not get the attention Sam is getting.They way Sam has been treating him Jack is more like #10.
                        LOL! You know, I realized today ses110 that I read JM's quote wrong on monday night. I guess I was so stirred that a PTB was here I did exactly what he said not to do and jumped to the wrong conclusion. Maybe I just read what I wanted to read into it or maybe I was just tired. I thought he said not to jump to any big or small conclusions from the spoilers we just got. He actually said we could jump to small conclusions, but basically don't think you know what the end will bring. I think I ate too many orange shipper cookies because I'm now creating my own rollercoasters. my confusion put me in a better mood though, so I'll still shipping-- although it may kill me in the end.

Oh and I'm still considering going to the con in NJ. Are you sure you're definitely not going?

awesom sig waterfall!

congrats Nikkirose on mastering the insertion of images! you're a smiley fool now!

oh gosh, (((((Sally))))) I just read your post about your love affair with the show being over and I just want to cry. I totally understand where you are coming from, not only because of my feelings for Stargate, but because I went through the same thing with Star Trek and Troi and Riker. We'd been teased for years and I could not believe they introduced a boyfriend the last season of the show and T/R didn't get together. There were definitely going to be movies but I was still so disappointed. I too thought Stargate would be different. The JM thing picked me up (even though I slightly misread what he said) and because of how miserble I was before it, I latched on so I wouldn't have to go back to that terrible empty feeling. I wanted to go back to the shipper haze. So basically I'm fooling myself and hoping for the best. I'm so sorry you lost your ship.

hugs to (((((((Caty))))))), too!

kiwigater, and everyone else, here's another smiley site: http://www.click-smilies.de/smilies_engl.html enjoy!

shipmum, does your hubby like sports? tell him, stargate is your team and there is no difference between your respective passions.

ok, finally finished thread 8. Off to conquer thread 9! Congrats on that! I was at the Prince concert last night, instead of with you guys. FANTASTIC! I'm all about the purple cookies right now!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                          awwww...don't let the $$ stop you...most girls I know don't expect much (I certainly wouldn't expect a guy to pay my way more than a couple of times...first date is a must though...I'm old fashioned enough for that).

are you a grad student? (Kel'sha says stop asking everyone I meet who's in their 20's that question...can't help it...applying to grad school this year )

oh, yeah...on topic....aren't Sam and Jack just perfect for each other? I love the chemistry
                          Actually I'm not a grad student. Actually taking longer than the usual student to finish undergrad studies. I'm comin' up on my 6th year of undergrad studies. One reason for this is cuz I took longer to decide on a major. And the major I did decide on is very difficult. Mathematics is very difficult esp. when you get into all sorts of theory. I've had to retake a few of the math classes. I esp. had to retake the ones that involve a lot of math theory. Which means a lot of math proofs. And I hate math proofs! And the way I'm just squeaking by I will never get into grad school. You need a 3.0 to get into grad school and I'll probably never get that high. But that's ok cuz you don't necessarily need grad school to get a good career-level job. Though going through grad school would look better to potential employers. But I'm pretty good with computers, so maybe after I finally graduate, I will go for some IT certifications like Cisco, and MSCE.

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa

What kind of grad program are you applying to: Masters or Doctorate? And in what field?

Comment

Hi, Bink!

*waves at fellow Sam fan*

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                              As to the intepretation of Mr. Mallozzi's post that Carter says yes and then changes her mind and backs out - my thought is this - if Carter were to say yes and then back out later that, IMO, would be a huge flaw with Carter. She did that once with Jonas and IMO for her to do it again would make her look very bad, almost ridiculous to be honest. I somehow would hope that TPTB would not be that clueless/stupid in their treatment of Carter and I would hope that Ms. Tapping would NOT let that happen. In addition, the anti-shippers would have a field day further ripping Carter apart for her behaviour and they would go off on the "look how horribly she treated pete all because of her "crush" on Jack" tangent. It would not be pretty any way you slice it.
                              Bink, this whole sam/jack/ps storyline is just a timebomb waiting to go off... but instead of one huge explosion, we've had a slow leak of radioactive poisoning. No matter what way it goes, most fans are upset. Have Sam/PS ship - shippers are upset. Have Sam/Jack ship -anti-shippers are upset. Have Sam with PS BUT also wanting Jack - shippers and anti-shippers are upset. And supposedly, they're still going to show Sam caring/wanting for Jack, so there's 2/3rds of fans upset. Also add in that they're trying to establish a spin-off, with some fans saying they're so fed up they're not interested in giving it a try. Or buy DVDs... BOOM!

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc

<snip>

What I was trying to say was that if she does agree to marry him and then backs out - it just won't look good for Carter. Even if she backs out because she is now realizing his earlier behaviour was bad and he is just not for her, IMO, that would not look good either - she should have known his behaviour was bad from the get go and should have said something right then or kicked him out right then.
                                But you see, Bink, his bad behavior was all in our minds. This storyline went through many hands/minds before ending up on our screen. And even AT says she'd have done the same thing. Some ppl see this character orange, even though he was meant to be green. And when we say we saw orange, they saw we're color blind. So it's a hopeless cause. I know EXACTLY why I don't like PS as a shipper - jealousy of mammoth proportions - but as a Sam fan I didn't like him either. I've basically given up hope on a lot things concerning my fave character and fave storyline, but if I could just stop hearing how color blind I am, and how I need to place the S/J relationship to where it really belongs - friends who are attracted to one another... I wish they'd just leave me alone and let me enjoy the show.

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X