This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    I'm not sure if I'd say Shippers took comfort in what was or wasn't said in JM's cryptic post. But I can tell you as a SG fan, I really do appreciate that a Power that Be actually took the time to get on (I know what my RL is like & how hard it is sometimes to find the time to lurk or play here... I can only imagine what his is like) and I know what that would lead me to hope... that he (or others on his or TOPTB's behalf) does lurk throughout all of the Threads & knows how most of us (no matter what our view of the show) feel. In that respect, I'll admit that I do take comfort.

That's how *I* feel about it. (Wow, was that Daniel?)

I'm glad that we were noticed. I'm guessing they loved all the reaction.

I'm numb and considering vacating the online world during the season. Just when I've been promoted to Jaffa fodder. That sounds expendable---is that how the PTB see us shippers? But I enjoy this thread most days. It and my overly devoted love of Stargate and S/J are my ONLY vices. (Yes, really.) Gee, a girl's gotta have some fun!

Happy
    Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      Yeah.... I'm pretty sure we did a pretty thorough vent & rant about the full article at least 2, 3, or maybe 4(??!!!) Threads ago..... I started to look for it... but stopped after a few minutes.... hunting for a post is a daunting task. I really appreciate now all that ShipDaddy does for us when he goes off on post searches! I may still try to go back & hunt for the original link.... (let me pack my flashlight, rope, & other assorted spelunker gear...... call ShipNana if I don't make it back! )

Don't forget snacks!

The Colonel insists you be prepared.

Happy
      Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

I'm not trying to open a can of worms (if it is indeed that--have no clue) but I would like answers to something I'm genuinely curious about.

The other day someone posted on this forum that a person on Stargate Fandom Forum was urging people to write (on the forum I presume) to DDL to encourage him after the flack his character has received.

(1) When I tried to reply to the post, I received a message that said something about "closed to new posts." What happened?

(2) I had intended very nicely to say why I wouldn't write DDL-- that even though he must be a real nice guy and fans shouldn't confuse him with Pete, he's a professional actor and would know what goes with the territory, sort of like that, anyway.

(3)At the time I thought Stargate Fandom Forum was a part of GW. Now I don't think so. No? Yes?

(4) Like I said I'm curious as to why it said "Closed to new posts." If it is a sensitive area, why not just delete the original post? If a monitor cannot answer me on here, how can I find out? Please don't ignore, I'm dying to know!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Rivet
          Aside from my interest in the S/J storyline, one of the things I don't like about the S/P subplot is the fact that it wastes a ton of valuable screen time. This is largely due to the fact that Pete has absolutely nothing to do with Stargate... and as a result they are constantly having to take time away from the Central theme in order to play the story out (which also seems to amplify the effect that the plot is having on Sam's character.) This wouldn't be so much of an issue if it weren't SG-1's last season... but with only 20 or so episodes left in the entire series there really isn't that much time to throw away.

The S/J story arc alone never really would have had this problem, simply because both characters are essential to the show's theme. By sticking to S/J I think they'd have had a lot more freedom to establish and explore the sub-plot without having to stray so far from the central storyline, making it easier to focus on tying up some of the loose ends before the final episode.

On a sidenote...even if they had decided to go ahead get Sam and Jack together a few years ago, I doubt it would have ever reached the magnitude of S/P-- which is steadily approaching overkill status in my opinion.

For now I guess I'll just sit back and see what happens... Hope for the best and expect the worst.
          Thanks for posting Capt. Rivet. I wholeheartedly agree - it does waste tons of valuable screen time... and if this is the last year w/no true guarantee of a movie (which I'd be waiting 'til it got to cable to watch anyway! ).....then I want more team interaction time. More Jack with the entire team time. More action.... more interesting situations... more (subtle) exploration of relationships other than Sam's... more (fill in the blank w/anything SG related)...... Yes... the whole thing is approaching "overkill status." That's why I can't wait for the season to move on past the premiere stage. To get to the meat & potatoes of the season & have something else to chew on rather than .
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Happy
            That's how *I* feel about it. (Wow, was that Daniel?)

I'm glad that we were noticed. I'm guessing they loved all the reaction.

I'm numb and considering vacating the online world during the season. Just when I've been promoted to Jaffa fodder. That sounds expendable---is that how the PTB see us shippers? But I enjoy this thread most days. It and my overly devoted love of Stargate and S/J are my ONLY vices. (Yes, really.) Gee, a girl's gotta have some fun!

Happy
            I feel that way too sometimes cause it kinda ruins the show for me. I end up peeking and then making myself miserable. I never knew this was even out there until I saw it in the SCIFI magazine. But, you know I've come to love talking to everyone so much that it's worth the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
              I'm not trying to open a can of worms (if it is indeed that--have no clue) but I would like answers to something I'm genuinely curious about.

The other day someone posted on this forum that a person on Stargate Fandom Forum was urging people to write (on the forum I presume) to DDL to encourage him after the flack his character has received.

(1) When I tried to reply to the post, I received a message that said something about "closed to new posts." What happened?
              I'm not sure to what you're referring because the David DeLuise Appreciation Packet Thread is still open. If you're referring to another thread let me know which one and I'll check it out for you.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Happy
                Don't forget snacks!

The Colonel insists you be prepared.

Happy
                Nope, haven't left yet.... Still trying to find that stash of Nana's cookies I had hidden somewhere when I found out she was going on vacation....

Ah ha! Found 'em.... be back in 15!
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

ShimmeringStar I have no doubt JM is very busy but I find it interesting he chose to post soon after the Affinity pics were released and when the Shippers were very upset. I'am sure JM is a great Guy but IMO his post was for Damage control.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    ShimmeringStar I have no doubt JM is very busy but I find it interesting he chose to post soon after the Affinity pics were released and when the Shippers were very upset. I'am sure JM is a great Guy but IMO his post was for Damage control.
                    Probably!
                    But doesn't it make you feel a teensy bit better that SOMEONE is hearing us, even if we don't get immediate reassurances that all is not in vain.....
                    I can't help agreeing (as others have said - sorry but there's waaay too many posts to go back and figure out who) that it seems the reaction to Pete has been way bigger than they intended (unless pi$$ing off a huge number of people is on their to do list ). And with not so many episodes left, it does seem we'd be better off with some focus on the actual STARGATE side of things and not this soap opera (cos let's face it, they're NEVER going to resolve this in a way that makes everyone happy ).

Glad to see you made it back to us ShinningStar, and with cookies too!!

I did notice there was no chocolate listed in the party food - quite the omission given I recently got harassed beyond all belief for suggesting chocolate shouldn't be THE primary dietary component

Roll on July 28th..... I'm all set....

BTW mad_gater, you really should watch out for those cupids arrows! We've seen the damage misdirected arrows can do.....
                    and just to complete the totally off thread theme - go and get a drivers licence already!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      Your really should download any pics you take from another site ...you right click and save target as ...and change the title if you like ..and upload it in your site ......then you have a new link otherwise you are stealing this other person's bandwith.
                      I had no idea I'd be stealing the bandwith!... I don't even know what that really means. But thank you for telling me, because I don't want to ruin anyone's site. Btw, I don't have my own site, that's why I've been doing things the way I have. So, does that mean when I use a pic off of Gateworld's ep spoilers, I'm screwing with their bandwith? Will I crash it?

Same for downloading videos ..you should always save them into your computer ..otherwise the host site will crash and it's not very nice
                      Oh, that I've been doing, only so I can pause and rewind and such. I mean it, I never knew I was hurting anyone's site.

Anyway ..it's a really cool revolving skull ..hopefully you'll be able to find one with some throwbing hearts soon..

Caty
                      My heart's still broken, so my sigpics will reflect this for a bit. So, throbbing hearts aren't going to be seen anytime soon... maybe bleeding and ripped out hearts...

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

It actually never ceases to amaze me that Joe takes the time to actually come here and not only read what the fans have to say but takes the time to actually respond. My Joe shrine grows larger by the day. Uh....wait did I say shrine? Disregard that last sentence.

I just take into consideration that I was completely blown away by the season premiere and if that was a sign of the season to come then I am really looking forward to it. I tend to take spoilers with a grain of salt because they're so often taken out of context. So I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

mad_gator, learn something from Sam and Jack. Don't let regs...I mean a license get in the way of an adult conversation of your feelings. Who says Stargate isn't educational??

Token ~

Comment

Flings mud off clothes & wipes mud off eyelids….. Realizes left flash light back there.... oh well! Sheew-weee that was quite a trek. (Kind of like the one when I went SmileyStealing… errr…. SmileyHunting…. through our threads!)

Ok… Here’s what I found concerning the article that's being talking about….The first post was in S/J Shipper Thread III on 5/24/04 where the article (“Who’s the Boss” by Thomasina Gibson) was mentioned, well before it hit the newsstands in the 8/04 SciFi Magazine. And then we spent the rest of Thread III venting. For some Thread history:
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=396

To see what the full article looks like that we were linking to somehow back in May (I never found that we posted a direct link… Sal had went to some lists to find what she read to us….) go to: http://tapping.stargate-sg1.hu/interviews.php
                            (& click on the "Who's the Boss" article page-by-page to bring it to full size)

Now…. Also in the interest of the education of our latest shipment of shiplets… I happened on the following posts which you might want to take a peek at…..
                            A great Sam & Jack pic in a post (thanks to Mala)
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....1&postcount=97

And of our fave couple (unfortunately from an AU, but our couple nonetheless….)
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=138

And a classic “oldie but goodie” link from Mala concerning Potato Heads…..
                            http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/Potatohead.htm

Now I need to be off to bed......G'Night.....
                            Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 14 July 2004, 06:20 PM. Reason: being is spelled b-e-i-n-g, not b-e-e-n! & some "udder tings" that I forgot...

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker

I think it’s pretty obvious that TPTB can give us a lot more than that because they’ve been doing it for weeks with Sam and Pete, and if they’re not going to throw us a bigger bone, then I’m afraid it’s because there’s not a bigger bone to throw.
                              That's my fear too.

I’m not embarrassed to admit that I just don’t get it. I know that there are contingents of anti-shippers and S/P shippers, but I just can’t believe that there are enough people who like this story arc so much that it makes it a good business decision to alienate the large number of S/J shippers to this degree. I don’t understand their long term goal. What is it they hope to accomplish that makes this all worthwhile?
                              Recycled reply: me too.

As I’ve said before, it’s not enough for me just to see a favorable outcome; I need to enjoy the journey as well.
                              *nods*

As things stand, I’ll be tuning in each week with a sense of trepidation, which is not how I wanted to say goodbye to the series. I never thought I’d look back on season 5 as the good old days.
                              Trepidation ten fold. I used to look forward to the next S/J shippy scenes they might do, now I'm just looking forward to NO mention of PS and any bf scenes between him and Sam.

So, on that lovely uplifting note; bye fellow shippers.

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                                If she keeps running up and kissing RDA when off set or during breaks she's gonna give the poor guy a heart attack! LOL! And send her husband into a jealous rage at the same time. Of course we don't really know who her husband is, do we? Maybe she's married to Rick, but still using her maiden last name to throw us! LOL!
                                Well, that would certianly explain all the behind-the-scenes snuggly/smoochy/huggy pics I keep seeing around the 'net of RDA and AT.

I think it's pretty normal, IMHO, to see two people who spend probably 14+ hours a day together over an 8 year period develop strong bonds and express their feelings in such a way. You can tell it's an extremely deep friendship. My best friend and I are like that. We've been seen hugging, holding hands in public, or giving the other a quick peck. Believe it or not, our significant others are OK with it. I think that's part of the reason Sam and Jack have such great chemistry on-screen as AT and RDA have off. It translates very easily, and makes those S/J moments that make our Shipper hearts flutter all the more potent.
                                Last edited by N8iveTexan; 14 July 2004, 07:07 PM. Reason: Had to haul it back on topic...
                                L8er,
                                Mandy _|,,|

Comment

Working...
                                X