X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread IX...Are we GOOD OR WHAT

HERE IS TO US!!!!!!! YAY SHIPPERS!!!!!
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Wow 9 threads!!!! to all of us shippers!!!! I wonder what the thread day count was for thread 8?!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
      MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar

I too hope that sinceTPTB have put so much time and effort into this P/S story arc that if they do come around full circle with the S/J and get them togther in the end they get at least *something a bit more then a wink and a nod to the fishing invite and the rest we have to imagine. If that is to be the case I could have done with *imagining* the pete story as well.
        Hear, hear!

I was 'going' to reply to one of your posts on the closed down thread, but it just HAD to close down when I'd hit reply. Anyhoo, in regards to you writing letters and saying about not buying dvds and such...

I'll return to sending postcards - to this date, and adding in the postcards AND letters, I've sent 89 - but I'll wait on purchasing seasons 5 on until I see how the show ends. I've got season 4, but still in it's wrapper and returnable. This isn't a threat, but why buy something you're unhappy with? And as for Atlantis... besides being punch-drunk, I'll also be waiting on the ending of Stargate before trying this show. Again, not a threat, but I'm weary and am afraid of opening my heart with the same ppl doing this show too.

To everyone that says they don't see my sigpic; I see it. Don't know why you can't, but I'll have to pick out something to replace it. I really liked it. It was a box with rotating skulls on it. It was really cool and reflected my state of mind.

And like Tame and Shipperahoy, I want MORE than a fishing invite. I would love a *real* kiss. How can that be too much to ask for after everything we've been through?

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Ship Mum...
          You said very well, it is a sign of good TV when a good number of fans *click* with a story line and stay with it year after year. And you are right as well that it is formula TV 101 to throw said wrench in there as well.

I too hope that sinceTPTB have put so much time and effort into this P/S story arc that if they do come around full circle with the S/J and get them togther in the end they get at least *something a bit more then a wink and a nod to the fishing invite and the rest we have to imagine. If that is to be the case I could have done with *imagining* the pete story as well.
          How's this for imagination:

*The SGC is empty. Sam and Jack, Jack still colonel and Hammond still in command, go into Hammonds office.*

Jack: Sir. Carter and I want to practice our double Irish jig in the gateroom for the SGC talent show being held there. (takes two to do these double jigs )

Hammond: Fine.

Sam: Thanks, sir.

*hammond goes into the control room later and notices the blast doors are closed*

Hammond: That's funny. I don't remember ordering the blast doors closed.

*Hammond opens the blast doors and his jaw drops to the floor because Sam and Jack have switched to a horizontal jig rather than a vertical one, if you know what I mean *

Comment

Tame the only way I may be able to accept just a fishing invite is if it were proven 100% there will be a SG-1 Movie with great Sam and Jack Ship.Since nothing is for sure I will need more than just a fishing invite.I find it funny that Pete may Die and Jack will be there as a friend to Sam.I though Jack has always been a friend and more to Sam.Why did Sam seduce Jack in Broca divide if there just friends.If Jack wants to take someone Fishing just as friends he can take Daniel or Teal'c.I always though Jack saw Sam as more than just a fishing buddy.I guess I was wrong.I really am starting to hate the word fishing.

Comment

Thread IX...Are we GOOD OR WHAT

HERE IS TO US!!!!!!! YAY SHIPPERS!!!!!
              *starts singing "We Are The Champions"*
              *everybody is staring at mg/Keldor strangely*

OK! OK! Let's see any of you guys sing any better!

Comment

from the last thread:
                Originally posted by Sally
                Post #968
                Hi everyone. I have something to say, and then I want to 'try' to move on from what I've been like since the night of the premier. Why am I taking all of this so hard? Because I'm taking it personally. What's hard to get past, what's stuck in my craw is that I know it didn't have to go down this way. And because of it, my love affair with this show is gone.

If I am to take Joe's post correctly, Sam will say yes to PS but not marry him. And just the fact that this relationship went this far... that's the stuck in the craw part. You see, I just can't help feeling that there was absolutely NO reason for this bf storyline to go this way, especially if it was done solely for the growth of Sam's character. I truly believe that everyone involved with the show didn't know just how many shippers there were, but.... Why couldn't Sam have just casually dated? Or date one guy that's just nice and easy going and not a real threat to the S/J relationship and shippers? The powers 'knew' this bf storyline would be bad for the shippers, whether they knew how many of us there were or not, so... so why make it such a love story? Someone I 'think' on the S/J list says it devalues Sam and Jack's romance. And it does to me. And again, I guess that means that I've been making a mountain out of a molehill with the S/J relationship for years. I always thought that Sam and Jack were in love. I could say I created most of this in my head, but the show GAVE me clues to this. For years. The S/P relationship just never had to be like this. It feels personal, whether it was... I know it wasn't done against the shippers, but I feel that very little if no thought was given to the shippers when they wrote the S/P arc. And then adding into it the literal insulting remarks, the 'don't take this ship thing so seriously' stuff we've been hearing from the ppl with the show... With how painful Chimera was for me, this storyline has only gotten worse with time. Suffice it to say, the love affair between myself and Stargate is basically over. I still adore the show, I'll still watch, but... I'll never forget. Or forgive. And that's why I'm so broken.

If I've offended anyone, including the lurking non-S/J shippers, please forgive.

Sally
                (((((((((((((((((((((((Sally)))))))))))))))))
                Again...I really don't understand why TPTB decided to *play* with a storyline that *hooked* a number of fans right at the end. I definitely don't understand why when they are launching a new series.

But just know you are understood and a lot of what you are feeling is NOT JUST YOU ALONE. I think we all feel different levels of *betrayal* for lack of a better word from TPTB over the remarks and comments made both in print and in interviews.

All I can say is let your voice be heard. Write those letters. No one says you have to be mean or rude. Just tell them how you feel. You are a fan of the show and you are disappointed. Granted it may not make a bit of difference but YOU may feel better and THAT is what matters.
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Sally
                  Post #990 Sally
                  Dang! Try the 'right click and show picture' thingie and let me know if it works. Does 'anyone' see the pic?
                  Still getting the red X no matter what I do. If you want I will host it

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    Tame the only way I may be able to accept just a fishing invite is if it were proven 100% there will be a SG-1 Movie with great Sam and Jack Ship.Since nothing is for sure I will need more than just a fishing invite.I find it funny that Pete may Die and Jack will be there as a friend to Sam.I though Jack has always been a friend and more to Sam.Why did Sam seduce Jack in Broca divide if there just friends.If Jack wants to take someone Fishing just as friends he can take Daniel or Teal'c.I always though Jack saw Sam as more than just a fishing buddy.I guess I was wrong.I really am starting to hate the word fishing.
                    LOL...you are not wrong my friend... I too don't believe I could live with JUST a fishing invite either. TPTB raised the stakes to high for that. BUT it MAY be all we get. And that too will be a deciding factor in whether or not I will spend the money on DVDs. I may purchase S7 because there is only the episode with in it and it isn't a very good episode so I really don't mind missing it. The majority of S7 was good and there is a lot of ship to add as a bonus. But S8 unless there is a FULLOUT S & J in this reality we are together moment AND talk AND kiss. Well 4-5 episodes with and the rest RDA lite....just no incentive there for me. DDL may be a fine actor and a wonderful man BUT he is NOT RDA and he can not replace him in SG in my eyes...so if my choice is to buy S8 with more DDL on the screen then RDA furgetaboutit

Comment

LOL...you are not wrong my friend... I too don't believe I could live with JUST a fishing invite either. TPTB raised the stakes to high for that. BUT it MAY be all we get. And that too will be a deciding factor in whether or not I will spend the money on DVDs. I may purchase S7 because there is only the episode with in it and it isn't a very good episode so I really don't mind missing it. The majority of S7 was good and there is a lot of ship to add as a bonus. But S8 unless there is a FULLOUT S & J in this reality we are together moment AND talk AND kiss. Well 4-5 episodes with and the rest RDA lite....just no incentive there for me. DDL may be a fine actor and a wonderful man BUT he is NOT RDA and he can not replace him in SG in my eyes...so if my choice is to buy S8 with more DDL on the screen then RDA furgetaboutit
                      I agree. We deserve a more steamy pertaining to Sam and Jack. YEEEEEEEEHAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Sorry. Just had one of them Tok'ra shipper peppers. Crap. There goes my esophagus and my stomach lining. But it worked. I'm thinking more positively.

Comment

Happy Place! Go to your happy place!!! Just keep repeating to yourself Thread 9 will be positive!!!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
                          Happy Place! Go to your happy place!!! Just keep repeating to yourself Thread 9 will be positive!!!
                          ok are you trying to tell me something here

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
                            Yes Tame! GO to the happy place! THis bottle of 200 proof hooch oughta get you there!

Comment

Am I? Hmmmm I dunno.

*DROOL*

Comment

OH! How could I have forgot another important member of the shipper alliance: The mimetic aliens from Tonani's world!!!!!!! I've told them about and I can tell you they don't like him much either. Sorry about that you guys! Please don't trap me and Keldor in dimensional stasis (i.e., make me disappear).

* comes home to his place and goes inside. Xales is there.*

: Who are you? What are you doing here?
                                Xales: Not your concern *Xales brings his hands together and traps in dimensional stasis*

*20 years later: Sam has taken command of the SGC and Jack has long since retired. Sam and Jack have been married for 18 of those 20 years.*

* reappears right in front of Sam!*

: Sam, you look...different.
                                Sam: That's because 20 years have passed.
                                : Will you marry me?
                                Sam: 20 years have passed you noodle-headed dunce!!!!!! Jack and I have been married for 18 of those 20.
                                : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

Working...
                                X