This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI @ all,

I finally got around to join the new forum and although I won't be able to post much I just want to say that you all have my support and that I still cling to a S/J happy ending

Estelle
    Abu: This is a woman?
    O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
    O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
    Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
    Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
    Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
    Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      The voice of reason has arrived. Thanks so much for taking the time to post. I don't know where you find the time but I for one really appreciate it.

IS That Joe Mallozi the real one or just a screen name ???

caty

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        And seeing that the ONLY ship we keep seeing and hearing about is... *can't write it*. Oh, how I wish we could go back to season 6!

Sally

ps - a season 6 with Daniel too!
        Sally, you're back! Was a bit worried you'd taken off in light of all the bad news!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
          I'm going to seriously look into it when I get back from GC. If I get inundated with stuPit at GC, I'm going on Stargate strike!! Then there will be letters and petitions and just about any other kind of protest I can think of! I'm sick of having my chain yanked!!!

Sheesh--only 200 more posts to go...

I bet Marimba has stopped making videos like me .....I'm gonna do my x-files, Alias videos ....and holiday videos now until we get something real good about Sam and Jack ..probably will have to wait until the last episode anyway ....so no more Sam and jack videos for me for a long time I reckon .....unless ...a miracle ...

caty

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            Well I am glad that JM did take the time to jot us a post because of SO MUCH that has been coming out in the Lowdown.... RCC being well RCC and well I won't re-hash the last 700 something posts...
            we ALL KNOW what has gone before.....

So we watch, we write, we wait..... I am trying real hard to take that leap of Faith as well..... I will still write because I have no clue what they plan for
            SPOILER SPACE Affinity - Sacrifices

But unless Sam says no to any proposal OR there IS NO proposal I just can't see any way in those last episodes to wipe away the damage done to Sam & Jack. You can't fix in the last 5-10 minutes of the last episode what you ruined over the whole season.
            They will have appx 10 episodes left after Affinity and DDL (nice man...hate the character Pete) and DDL says he is yet another episode and he may die or he may get married. Well did DDL get THAT little blurb cleared with TPTB. For me it was one more nail in the Ship coffin. Plus DDL alludes that he is to be in Sacrifices... In what capacity???? How does he fit into THAT episode??
            So while I am EXTREMELY grateful for JM taking time out of his schedule to say something to us.... all I got from it was Sam will probably say yes and then something will happen to Pete and then Sam & Jack will have ANOTHER obstacle in the way. Sam will have to deal with *losing* Pete and Jack will be her *Friend*It is just HARD when there is REAMS of information about Sam & Pete and NOTHING about Sam & Jack.

And Still I am Hopeful
            Who said Shippers weren't Optimistic Dang It !!!!!
            What does all this say to me, Tame?.... that I've been taking the S/J relationship WAAAAAAAY too seriously. It's not meant to be the big love story that I thought it was for all these years. Not when Sam can make a decision to have a personal life and less than a month later fall for some dude that doesn't take no for a answer. Not when she accepts this guy's proposal and... and where's the big S/J love story again? Yep, I'm waaaaaaaay off of optimisticville right now. Sorry shippers.

Sally

ps - I'll try to go back to lurking until I can calm down.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
              Well, I think that it was nice of JM to check in on us...Call it damage control or whatever... We know he's been a supporter of ship in the past. Although this time around, I thought he was much too cryptic. But at least it was pleasant (unlike how RCC and AT have been lately)....

My analysis is pretty much like yours, Tame:

Don't jump to conclusions = calm down, FCOL! some of us are listening...sort of...(maybe we can influence future scripts, who knows?)

Or, more precisely, jump to small conclusions = P and Sam will get engaged

but don't assume that they'll necessarily lead to a big conclusion = P and Sam won't get married (yeah, but we'll get tortured along the way!); but there won't be a resolution to the S/J relationship either if RDA agrees to a S9.

better yet - watch all of season 8 = don't boycott our show(s)! buy our DVDS!
              Sam will eventually come to her senses and decide that Jack is HER MAN...

Its going to be a rollercoaster year for our gang = expect 4 episodes with P. that you'll hate, but it'll be intertwined with little shippy things that will drive you nuts...(and lower your opinion of Sam even more ; well it will for me!)

Well if Joe reads that ..then they really should edit the proposal scene like they did with the Jack dream sequence we were supposed to have in New order.

We don't need the ring secne between Sam and Pete ...what does it have to do with stargate anyway...

and I really hope they can put that Jack dream sequence they edited in New order ...well I hope they can put it in another episode...That's all..I'm gonna switch the tv off for 5 or 10 minutes when Pete is sitting on the bench with Sam and he proposes.. I didn't think I would see something like that in Stargate sg1.

caty

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                I know!
                ((((((((((Tame))))))))))
                ((((((((((Sally))))))))))
                ((((((((((Shipper Family Hug))))))))))

Now it's time to sing and run off to that commune in So Cal!
                Thanks, Brian.

((((((((Brian))))))))

I had a perfect place for that commune too... but it's currently on fire up in the mountains.... which fits perfectly if you think about it. So, off to find another commune for us.

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  ((((((((((((((SALLY)))))))))))))))))
                  I need both hands to count the shows I have walked away from.....you would think I would have learned my lesson by now....<shrug>

but somehow it looked like SG was gonna be different........... we'll see I guess... My autobiography will be * I was a hopeless TV romantic* <sheesh>
                  Thanks, hon.

*blows kiss*

Yes, I've walked away from shows too, but there's been shows I've stayed with 'till the bitter end. And boy was it bitter. Remington and Laura on Remington Steele. The letdown from that still reverberates through me. And I thought Stargate was going to be different too. Still think I could have handled Jack with another waaaaaaaaaaay easier than Sam. Guess it's that relating thing.

So, how does everyone like my new sigpic? Fits, eh?

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                    I know!
                    ((((((((((Tame))))))))))
                    ((((((((((Sally))))))))))
                    ((((((((((Shipper Family Hug))))))))))

Now it's time to sing and run off to that commune in So Cal!
                    A shipper commune in Southern California? Sounds good, the weather has to be better than here in Scotland.

Comment

I tell you what Joe mallozi's post means to me ...very similar to what tame said..

...it's very cryptic ...

but I think Sam and Pete will get engaged in Affinity ....

but it does not mean she 'll marry in ....

Pete will get killed before Marrying Sam ...EITHER Affinity ..but more Sacrifices ...unless it's a dream she's having in sacrifices ...cuz she has not finished grieving .

Sam will grieve ...Jack will be there to support her as a friend ...

and They may end up together ...but really after all that ..it won't be the same ...

that's what I think ..it's gonna happen ....cuz then the anti-shippers ..can't say .....she should be with Pete cuz he's dead...and they even may accept jack cuz he's always there for her ...

And for us ..well ...Sam and JACK 'll be together ..but ...only because Pete died.

So at the end Both Jack and Pete have been second best

Sad hey

caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                        well I just read another interview from AT which I'm not happy about at all

caty
                        Caty, name one we ARE happy with?!

Sally.... I sware, shippers, I'll work on my mood. Please bare with my meltdown.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                          Sally, you're back! Was a bit worried you'd taken off in light of all the bad news!
                          Oh, I've never left. Just have made useless, stupid, snarky, snotty, dumb, boring, and irritable posts. Yes, I've added a lot to this thread.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            Caty, name one we ARE happy with?!

Sally.... I sware, shippers, I'll work on my mood. Please bare with my meltdown.

WELL IN fact I 've heard ..about 2 recent interviews...one for the

shippers ..and one for the anti-shippers ... regarding Sam and Jack and she

says the complete opposite in both letters....Me think AT ...doesn't know

much ...or she says things without consulting TPTB....or she is very

confused....like we all are .....which means she has not got a clue in which

direction the show is heading .

Caty

Comment

Well if Joe reads that ..then they really should edit the proposal scene like they did with the Jack dream sequence we were supposed to have in New order.

We don't need the ring secne between Sam and Pete ...what does it have to do with stargate anyway...

and I really hope they can put that Jack dream sequence they edited in New order ...well I hope they can put it in another episode...That's all..I'm gonna switch the tv off for 5 or 10 minutes when Pete is sitting on the bench with Sam and he proposes.. I didn't think I would see something like that in Stargate sg1.

caty

I'm hoping that that 'dream Jack' scene is going to be in the ep Gemini. I won't give details on it -don't want to look it up or make spoiler space- but it occured to me when I'd read a scanned copy of that Cult Times article and it didn't mention New Order specifically in regards to Amanda's claim. I would have just said I'll hope it's in that ep, but I ain't going down that road again. No hoping or praying.

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I tell you what Joe mallozi's post means to me ...very similar to what tame said..

...it's very cryptic ...

but I think Sam and Pete will get engaged in Affinity ....

but it does not mean she 'll marry in ....

Pete will get killed before Marrying Sam ...EITHER Affinity ..but more Sacrifices ...unless it's a dream she's having in sacrifices ...cuz she has not finished grieving .

Sam will grieve ...Jack will be there to support her as a friend ...

and They may end up together ...but really after all that ..it won't be the same ...

that's what I think ..it's gonna happen ....cuz then the anti-shippers ..can't say .....she should be with Pete cuz he's dead...and they even may accept jack cuz he's always there for her ...

And for us ..well ...Sam and JACK 'll be together ..but ...only because Pete died.

So at the end Both Jack and Pete have been second best

Sad hey

caty

Sorry haven't finished

or Jack is gonna panick when he sees the ring on Sam's finger ...will resign eventually because he would ask her when the wedding is ....so that he knows.......Then once resigned ...he'll tell her ..."Well I'm free ..GO WHERE YOUR HEART IS"

AND SAM DOES THE RUNAWAY BRIDE ALA JULIA ROBERT...HAHAHAHAHAHA...leaving Pete Jaw dropping..hehehehehe

.......but this means that Pete may still be around ...so I 'll stick to my first hypothesis.

caty
                                Last edited by Catysg1; 13 July 2004, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X