• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why mince words?
    "....in the MIDDLE of my BACKSWING!!?!"

Comment

WebHorn:

WELCOME AND TEC'MA'TE!!!!!!

I too have wondered if al this mastadge droppings (mastadge is that animal from Abydos in the movie) is just because of nepotism.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
        For the record the interview said that DDL would be filming again in August, not September. However that means that he will be appearing in 4 episodes this season. "New Order", "Affinity" an as yet unnamed, but already filmed episode, and the episode filming in August.

You know my birthday is in August, I thought I was supposed to get something I like for my birthday. THIS is definately NOT it!

Well, I'm glad to see 'someone' could figure out that mess! I read that part over and over to see if I could figure just how many eps he was going to be in this season. I mean, I even wrote it down and was still confused.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
          If you go to the GateWorld Forum main page, you will see the names of all the users that are currently logged on and visible. If you click on the user, it will tell you where that user is currently.

GateCon is July 14-19, and I think she said she was leaving tomorrow.
          Wow. I've never scrolled down that far before. Marimba has a + next to her name. Wonder what that means. Interesting it say last Saturday night --when we were all freaking out--was when they had the most people online.

5 day con! I wonder if she's staying for the whole thing.

look, I've made a shipper flag (sorta)

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
            All I have to say is don't jump to conclusions. Or, more precisely, jump to small conclusions - but don't assume that they'll necessarily lead to a big conclusion. Or, better yet - watch all of season 8 before you start consider giving away all your wordly possessions and moving into a commune in Southern California. Its going to be a rollercoaster year for our gang.
            Mr. Mallozzi I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedual to post here and assuage our fears. (It was very brave, we've been having a bad week ) It means a lot to me that someone, from the show, is listening to what I have to say even when I rant So Thanks!

BTW what's wrong with communes in So Cal?

Um, while you're here you wouldn't happen to have some positive S/J spoilers would you?
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

LOL!! Tame, are you feeling snarky? I was reading your post and got an image I don't know whether to define as horrible or uplifting, but here it goes. What if the episode he will be in later is when he is best man at Sam and Jack's wedding since he was the instrument (plot device) for them getting together. That's the first thing that popped into my head when I was reading. It's kinda scary!

Another hug btw (((((((((((Tame)))))))))) Hope you aren't getting squished with all the hugs.
              He cannot be at the wedding! NOOOOOO! We've got to find another reason for him to be in that last ep.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                edited to say....WELCOME!!!!!! sorry I forgot that... I have no manners
                ooh, easy target... but I'll spare you just this once
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                  Lets do it! marimba said she would host an online petition. I say we write a strongly worded letter and threaten a boycott of Stargate merchandise and Atlantis.

sistah
                  I'm going to seriously look into it when I get back from GC. If I get inundated with stuPit at GC, I'm going on Stargate strike!! Then there will be letters and petitions and just about any other kind of protest I can think of! I'm sick of having my chain yanked!!!

Sheesh--only 200 more posts to go...
                  Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                  Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                  Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                    ooh, easy target... but I'll spare you just this once
                    ((((((((((((Brian)))))))))))))
                    Its been a rough week
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Muldy_SG1
                      OK guys...

SPOILERS FOR SEASON 7 AND SEASON 8

Look at the beginning of season 7 did you guys see any ship!? I can't remember any...at all...

<snip>

Well, that's true... but we also didn't see a substitute ship being played in front of us. In the grand old days -before Chimera- all we had to worry about were the regs......

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                        Does anyone know what the final signature count was on the letter? It sounds like we need to send a simliar one to TPTB (and MGM and SciFi...)
                        68 at this point (I haven't finished reading the thread yet).
                        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

It's not fun when fans think they are getting their hearts ripped from their chests, and ground into the cement. Now I know what our issues are....We care!

Ok, I told myself not to say this, but I'm too pi$$ed off to give a (Hoover) dam now. I'm begininng to think RDA's comment about not being a threat is because O'Neill doesn't care whether Sam marries him or not. RDA's 5 words don't hold me anymore! My ship is sinking fast, and I want to be gone. I don't want to read any fanfic, see any pictures, or watch any videos . I want to find something else in which to invest my time and money. The only thing keeping me here right now is you guys. You've become my friends; my human contact outside of preschoolers. LOL. It is too painful to hear that 8 years means nothing to TPTB. That I as a fan mean nothing. If I stop caring now, I will save myself alot of pain. I'll watch the Atlantis premiere because of Jack and Daniel, but I'm not going any further with Atlantis. And I'm thinking of just taping Stargate; and if I hear it is good, maybe I'll watch. As of now, they have lost a fan, but obviously what do they care.

What she said.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            Well I am glad that JM did take the time to jot us a post because of SO MUCH that has been coming out in the Lowdown.... RCC being well RCC and well I won't re-hash the last 700 something posts...
                            we ALL KNOW what has gone before.....

So we watch, we write, we wait..... I am trying real hard to take that leap of Faith as well..... I will still write because I have no clue what they plan for
                            SPOILER SPACE Affinity - Sacrifices

But unless Sam says no to any proposal OR there IS NO proposal I just can't see any way in those last episodes to wipe away the damage done to Sam & Jack. You can't fix in the last 5-10 minutes of the last episode what you ruined over the whole season.
                            They will have appx 10 episodes left after Affinity and DDL (nice man...hate the character Pete) and DDL says he is yet another episode and he may die or he may get married. Well did DDL get THAT little blurb cleared with TPTB. For me it was one more nail in the Ship coffin. Plus DDL alludes that he is to be in Sacrifices... In what capacity???? How does he fit into THAT episode??
                            So while I am EXTREMELY grateful for JM taking time out of his schedule to say something to us.... all I got from it was Sam will probably say yes and then something will happen to Pete and then Sam & Jack will have ANOTHER obstacle in the way. Sam will have to deal with *losing* Pete and Jack will be her *Friend*It is just HARD when there is REAMS of information about Sam & Pete and NOTHING about Sam & Jack.

And Still I am Hopeful
                            Who said Shippers weren't Optimistic Dang It !!!!!
                            Well, I think that it was nice of JM to check in on us...Call it damage control or whatever... We know he's been a supporter of ship in the past. Although this time around, I thought he was much too cryptic. But at least it was pleasant (unlike how RCC and AT have been lately)....

My analysis is pretty much like yours, Tame:

Don't jump to conclusions = calm down, FCOL! some of us are listening...sort of...(maybe we can influence future scripts, who knows?)

Or, more precisely, jump to small conclusions = P and Sam will get engaged

but don't assume that they'll necessarily lead to a big conclusion = P and Sam won't get married (yeah, but we'll get tortured along the way!); but there won't be a resolution to the S/J relationship either if RDA agrees to a S9.

better yet - watch all of season 8 = don't boycott our show(s)! buy our DVDS!
                            Sam will eventually come to her senses and decide that Jack is HER MAN...

Its going to be a rollercoaster year for our gang = expect 4 episodes with P. that you'll hate, but it'll be intertwined with little shippy things that will drive you nuts...(and lower your opinion of Sam even more ; well it will for me!)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                              He cannot be at the wedding! NOOOOOO! We've got to find another reason for him to be in that last ep.

ship sistah
                              Yes. being at Sam and Jack's wedding in ANY capacity would just be wrong on SO many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                                I feel bad for you guys, I weaned myself of the ship ages ago, cos I was afraid of this. Pit has been around too long IMO to just be explained away by some sort of rushed Jack/Sam shippy ending. Even if they did get together I just wouldn't buy it. I don't know why Pit is in Stargate. I thought the whole show was about a big round thing you went on adventures through, not a soap opera. It's ironic that the one thing all the non-shippers were afraid of might happen through the Sam and Jack ship, has happened... a soap opera and not a well written one at that.
                                *broken record*

What she said.

Sally

ps - I can't seem to put thoughts together to say anything.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X