a
    f
    f
    i
    n
    i
    t
    y
    when i saw the pictures on GW, i was actually angry.
    but my favourite (and only) online family has slightly improved my outlook. i'm still not at all happy.
    someone mentioned that sam is not wearing a ring in the shots where she is working with...him
    she is working in that shot, so she probably wouldn't wear something like that then. that kiss, just does not bode well. nor does this, the dictionary meaning for "affinity", or should i say, one of them, is " relationship, esp. by marriage". icky icky ick ick.

the fact that he appears to have brought her to a playground, says to me that he's trying to imply that he wants her to know how serious he is, and that he wants to commence the making of the babies. those poor, poor potato children.

the fact that they appear to be working together, he's probably trying to help her clear her friends good name or something.

i as some of you may know, have been one of stargates most devoted fans. even if there were little that could be interpreted as s/j ship a la season 5, i still love(d) the show. i am first and foremost a stargate fan. HOWEVER! if this episode turns out even remotely like chimera, i'm quite likely not to be a stargate fan for very long.
    if she says yes to the proposal, i'm very likely not to be much of a fan for much longer, and certainly not anything close to being a devoted fan.
    i didn't get one of the cards in my season 7 packs, and was going to check up on how to get one, because there's a kind of fan club, merchandise deally that you can get with them, but i think i'll wait to find out how this turns out first.

which leads me to merchandise. if this goes badly, no more dvds. i'll not be spending money on season 8 or any SG merchandise if this goes awry.
    i currently own season 1-7 on dvd. only the first 3 of which are box sets. i buy them individually. i spend a whole lot of cash on SG-1. i could very well be selling those dvds as coasters soon enough.

here's the big begging phase of the ridiculously long post.
    as soon as anyone gets some legit spoilers on how this sam and... him fiasco turns out, please let me know. PM or e-mail, whatever, i need to know so that i can decide if i'm going to watch the episode, and for that matter i'd like to be filled in on any pete spoilers, so that i can decide if i (and i think this probably goes for my friends who to my knowledge are not shippers, and hated chimera and pete) will be watching the rest of the season. i need to know if i'm going to be wasting valuable time on a show that's being destroyed with tripe.

i'm sure there was more, but most of us (including me) probably stopped reading quite some time ago.
    thanks,
    your friendly, slightly angry, ship cookie monster.
    Well, I read it all and I whole-heartedly agree! Glad to have you back btw! As I told Shipnana before, if I find out ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING related to this at GC, I'll post even if I have to go to Starbucks or something!
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa

(((Aunt Sally)))

(((shipper family group hug)))

no matter what happens with , I'll still come here to talk to my shipper family!
      I love you guys... thanks.

Sally :#
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Can't do anything to change the fact that stuff with Pete has already been
        filmed. So I'm not going to worry about it. Yes, I'll watch "Affinity," if only
        to prove that my brain will not turn to mush, nor will all my cells implode or
        whatever.

I can see that Jack still cares for Sam. The way he said her name and title --
        that dreamy tone of voice -- at the end of the premiere showed me that he
        still cares for her. And since Jack is a man of integrity, and a guy not
        easily swayed, I think nothing will change the way he feels about Sam.

So that's what I will cling to as the show winds down. Jack loves Sam, and
        always will. He loves her enough to let her go her own way, if that will
        make her happy. "I'm happy that you're happy," he said to her in the
        elevator in Chimera. I believe him.

(Of course, I can always hope that somebody else, like Teal'c or the Nox,
        point out to Sam that Pete is second best, and she deserves better!
        But being from Oz, I know what the Good Witch of the North says is true.
        She has to find out for herself, or she'll never believe it. )

Long live Jack and Sam!

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
        appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
        full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
        in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Dear lordy!!!! It took me about 2 hours to catch up from the other thread. *searches house for large amounts of superglue, to glue her a$$ to the chair* Must not leave! My aren't we a chatty bunch?! I can't believe this thread is already into 400 posts. I saw the horrid picture from Affinty... YUCK!!! I agree Sam didnt look all the thrilled, but still *blech*!!! I hope before this season ends TPTB realise that we are here and will not stop wanting an S/J happy ending (with lots of kisses and such) S&J All The Way!!!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
          MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
            OK, Ok !!! I'll come out from under my rock and annouce my shippiness here at Gateworld.

Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! I hope this works. Oh Hi everyone! I'm new posting here but have been around many moons.

Oh and Hi Marimba, would you please add my name to your letter to AT please? Thanks

Sg-1Poz
            Welcome SG1Poz! Post lots and lots, express yourself! (Which I can already see you're very good at, btw, way to tell the world you're a shipper! ) Nice quote in your sig, I love that part. (Well, come to think of it, I love nearly everything that concerns a certain Jack O'Neill, but that's beside the point ) Once again, Welcome to our Shipper Family!
            XOXO
            -Amanda
            Teenager Wisdom: "There's no such thing as original thought anymore. We're all just regurgitating the same old ideas over and over again, melting them down into a giant melting pot of mediocrity." -Andy Spencer, CITIZEN JOE
            CkiCki

Comment

Originally posted by N8iveTexan
              Yay somebody liked my icons! I posted a link to them about 3 pages back.... I had Martina McBride's "Safe in the Arms of Love" stuck in my head for an entire week. The song so fits many of the close moments between S and J. The other icon (second from left, top row) has lyrics from MadelynIris' "Shadow of your Love". I'll be making more soon and adding them to the page...

Here it is again for those that missed it... http://n8ivetexan.tvheaven.com/sgicons/index.html
              Just got a chance to glance at your LJ icons! No worries borrowing those, right?

Comment

Originally posted by OzGirl
                Can't do anything to change the fact that stuff with Pete has already been
                filmed. So I'm not going to worry about it. Yes, I'll watch "Affinity," if only
                to prove that my brain will not turn to mush, nor will all my cells implode or
                whatever.

I can see that Jack still cares for Sam. The way he said her name and title --
                that dreamy tone of voice -- at the end of the premiere showed me that he
                still cares for her. And since Jack is a man of integrity, and a guy not
                easily swayed, I think nothing will change the way he feels about Sam.

So that's what I will cling to as the show winds down. Jack loves Sam, and
                always will. He loves her enough to let her go her own way, if that will
                make her happy. "I'm happy that you're happy," he said to her in the
                elevator in Chimera. I believe him.

(Of course, I can always hope that somebody else, like Teal'c or the Nox,
                point out to Sam that Pete is second best, and she deserves better!
                But being from Oz, I know what the Good Witch of the North says is true.
                She has to find out for herself, or she'll never believe it. )

Long live Jack and Sam!
                I agree with you 100%. I like the way you see things.
                Teenager Wisdom: "There's no such thing as original thought anymore. We're all just regurgitating the same old ideas over and over again, melting them down into a giant melting pot of mediocrity." -Andy Spencer, CITIZEN JOE
                CkiCki

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                  Well, I read it all and I whole-heartedly agree! Glad to have you back btw! As I told Shipnana before, if I find out ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING related to this at GC, I'll post even if I have to go to Starbucks or something!
                  thanks, its very much appreciated.

Comment

We are one *BIG* shipper family! Even though I'm fairly new, this group is great!

Sam&Jack always and forever!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                      Yep! Gotta get him trained now! Can't have him thinking the TV will be tuned to anything else on Fridays, now can we? Unless of course she says yes *shudders*...
                      Like I'm gonna give the poor boy a choice!

As for watching if Sam says yes... I dunno. I continued to watch JAG for a while after Mac hooked up with Webb, but I've completely lost interest in that one. I quit watching X-Files immediately when it jumped the shark and David Duchovny left. If (heaven forbid!!) Sam says yes, I will probably watch until the "wedding episode" simply becuase there is always that one little catch in the vows: "If anyone feels these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace." If that happens, and Jack does not bolt out of the pew screaming at the top of his lungs, then I will stop watching Stargate. After a day to think about it all, though, I think Sam will turn "patato head" (Thank you, whoever came up with that nickname! ) down when he proposes. A single seed of doubt is a powerful thing.

Okay, on second thought, maybe I'll keep watching should she say yes... If only to see how Teal'c fares in the wilderness of society outside the confines of the SGC.
                      L8er,
                      Mandy _|,,|

Comment

I just want to get this in, in case I don't catch up tonight.

Have a great time at Gatecon, Marimba!!! Represent your shipper family well and make us proud! We've entrusted the right person for this shipper mission. I salute you!

ship sistah

p.s. tried to find a flag that had a heart on it instead of a country but i couldn't find one-- sorry to all the non-americans that signed the letter!

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Spoiler Space
                          In New Order Sam tells Fifth, "if you really love me you will let me go".
                          When will she realize that this is what Jack has done? Ozgirl, your post made me remeber this, thank-you. Maybe she will, I find it hard to believe that after all the angst in Lost City (both of them) that she would go for this chooch.(Maltese word for jacka$$)
                          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            does anyone know roughly what time (irish/brittish) that those evil picture were posted on GW? because one of my dogs vomited at around 7ish
                            Funny--seems like that was about the time that the two cats threw up (Tame's was one and I can't remember who else said that)...coincidence, I think not

Comment

Just a quick note to Marimba. Thanks for making the I Will Survive video! It is sooo funny!!! I wonder if there is a way for RCC to get it. I could just picture his expression !! Hehe Hey look i've been promoted!!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                              MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Question everyone: Where did it come up that we have issues? You guys have kinda been mentioning that every once in a while. What's up with this?
                                CkiCki

Comment

Working...
                                X