This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    does anyone know roughly what time (irish/brittish) that those evil picture were posted on GW? because one of my dogs vomited at around 7ish
    What's with all the vomit today?? Wasn't gonna mention it but I SWEAR both of my dogs threw up RIGHT before I went online and saw those horrid pics. Then everyone was talking about thier cats & now dogs too. Too funny!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      Maybe our next letter should be to the PTB at MGM who, as I understand it, are SERIOUSLY concerned about the bottom line to save their studio. Read in the Tribune that DVD sales of SG-1 have been a big contributor to that. Maybe we should tell them that if she says yes, we will boycott the releases of future seasons. Hit em where it hurts--in the pocketbook! Or it could be a petition. I think I could host that if needs be. Just a thought but I'm hopping mad!! Gonna take a good bit of ship from TPTB to shut me up, I think...
      Why don't we wait until you hear what they have to say at the Gate Con?!
      Ship Nana

Comment

SG-1Poz

Comment

I told my 24 year old daughter what Pit did to Sam (FBI Back ground search and following her at work) and I got a rather Teal'c like eyebrow raise. She said she would not put up with that (I was proud of her). She does not watch Stargate (silly girl) and I did not mention that this was after he slid out of bed.
          If my kid can see through this couldn't the supposed highly intellectual astrophysist have a little more intergity?
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
            hello guys, it's been way too long since i logged in.On another thread you guys are amazing.I have just read that you guys sent AT a letter very nice indeed if i was her i would be very proud.
            Thanks to you guys who gave me support when i was going through a tough time,esp caty,ship nana and the rest of my family here.
            By now you guys across the water have seen the new series so while i go green with envy i hope it was worth the wait,we have to wait till september.
            I am so sorry i missed the letter to AT i would have loved to sign it.
            Caty and marimba please keep up the good work and now i am finally home again i can't wait to catch up on all the things i've missed.
            lots of love
            I've added your name to the letter! Glad your back!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((wynter)))))))))))))))))))))
            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

yes i was just thinking today how listening to various PTB is like looking at a tennis match. i know i missed the wimboldon final, but i really didn't need anyone to try to make up for it.

i'm actually consciously avoiding any SG interviews, with AT and RCC in particular, it really is like a slap in the face with almost every interview now. does anyone else long for an interview in which ship is actually not mentioned? i think that would be considerably less painless. no news is good news, eh?

and i'm having considerably more luck in avoiding interviews and articles than i am with avoiding big spoilers. thats right folks, i caved. i saw most of the screen caps i could find for new order! ...
              i started out by only wanting to have fair warning of what i'd have to go through with pete. its the only thing i have a bias on. but i just went ahead and looked at all of 'em. most were thumbnails though....

i'm so weak.

Comment

Originally posted by UsedToLikeSam
                // Plus like I said I can't IMAGINE that Damain Kindler would say that about Hate mail on the Lowdown and then have the show go onto keep Ptui.... //

What did Damian Kindler say?
                He said something to the effect of never having gotten that much hate mail before. I kind of felt sorry for him actually. The idiot to blame for this stuPitity is Robert C Cooper!

And someone else mentioned something AmandaT. said in the Chicago Tribune? What was that about?
                More of the same old CRAP about how she likes Pit and thinks he's so great and all...I wouldn't go out of my way to read it but I think it's at Gateworld if you're interested.

I don't even know why I'm here. I just thought I'd check in to see if anyone had anything to say about the season premiere, and I find all this bad news and all the frustration. I simply won't watch "Affinity" unless I hear there's something in it that redeems it -- like that she breaks up with Ptui. And even then I might not watch it. That relationship has already ruined so much that was good about the show -- especially the character Sam.

I know I'm an infrequent visitor here, so some of you will just ignore me, but I think we should let the PTB and the advertisers know that we won't watch any more episodes that have Ptui in them. And that we won't be buying any more DVDs. Hit 'em in their pocketbooks where they'll maybe feel it. Start an online "revolution." I don't visit any other forums like this, but some of you who do could light a fire under some other sites where loyal viewers are feeling ripped off.
                We wouldn't ignore you.

(((((((((((((UsedtolikeSam))))))))))))))

You're absolutely right! Hit them in their pocketbooks! Last I read MGM is struggling right now--they can't afford a boycott so it might be a good way to go if needs be. I think we should definitely write a letter to MGM. I'm kind of leery of online revolutions because of the whole savedanieljackson stuff but who knows, they may drive us to it!

What was it that Margaret Mead said? Something about how we should never underestimate what a small group of dedicated citizens can accomplish... (with apologies, Ms. Mead.).
                Nice quote!

The ptb either don't care what a large group of loyal viewers want, OR they think that doing this stupid Ptui stuff will rile everybody up and increase ratings. Either way, they're being very disrespectful, even disdainful, of the viewers, and we shouldn't allow it.
                Yep. Agreed. I think we're all tired of getting our chains yanked.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                  *Sam and mad_gater/Keldor pass on the street*
                  *mad_gater/Keldor and pause and turn to face each other, 's eyes glow)*
                  (Goa'uld mode): You are Tok'ra! I despise T----!
                  *mad_gater zats him 3 times*
                  Sam: Thank you mad_gater and Keldor! I knew there was something off about him, I just didn't know what. My naquada senses aren't as strong as yours!

mad_gater (Keldor mode): It is no problem.
                  mad_gater (host mode): Yeah. Just be glad we're rid of another of the vile parasites!
                  ROFL!!! I guess you and Keldor have now become our resident Ship Enforcers! Can't have a family without muscle, now can we?

Comment

quote...
                    The ptb either don't care what a large group of loyal viewers want, OR they think that doing this stupid Ptui stuff will rile everybody up and increase ratings. Either way, they're being very disrespectful, even disdainful, of the viewers, and we shouldn't allow it.

I think that if the PTB are trying to increase ratings with this cr**, then they are saddly mistaken.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                      yeah, I know a few actually...none as into it as me though, lol

(((getcarter))) sorry to hear about your grandfather
                      ((((((((getcarter)))))))))

mad_gater (Keldor mode): mad_gater is very distraught over your loss to the point of withdrawing into himself. I have taken control to offer our codolences. I will do my best to snap him out of it.

mad_gater (host): I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my dear grandma to liver cancer about 6 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                        I told my 24 year old daughter what Pit did to Sam (FBI Back ground search and following her at work) and I got a rather Teal'c like eyebrow raise. She said she would not put up with that (I was proud of her). She does not watch Stargate (silly girl) and I did not mention that this was after he slid out of bed.
                        If my kid can see through this couldn't the supposed highly intellectual astrophysist have a little more intergity?
                        Zoser, I completely agree with you. IMHO, Sam's character seems to be deteriorating slightly. What a comparison Season 8 Sam is to the one we first met in COTG! Where'd all that fire and passion go? She was just fine during most of Season 7, despite the way she acted in Chimera (I'm talking about Sam here, not AT - she is a fabulous actress and I love her to death). If she had met stuPit earlier on, say in Season 4, I don't think she would've given him a second thought. She would have seen him for what he really is, and she would have realized he isn't even worth her time. Just some musings here; let me know what you think about it, fellow Shippers.
                        Teenager Wisdom: "There's no such thing as original thought anymore. We're all just regurgitating the same old ideas over and over again, melting them down into a giant melting pot of mediocrity." -Andy Spencer, CITIZEN JOE
                        CkiCki

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          yes i was just thinking today how listening to various PTB is like looking at a tennis match. i know i missed the wimboldon final, but i really didn't need anyone to try to make up for it.

i'm actually consciously avoiding any SG interviews, with AT and RCC in particular, it really is like a slap in the face with almost every interview now. does anyone else long for an interview in which ship is actually not mentioned? i think that would be considerably less painless. no news is good news, eh?

and i'm having considerably more luck in avoiding interviews and articles than i am with avoiding big spoilers. thats right folks, i caved. i saw most of the screen caps i could find for new order! ...
                          i started out by only wanting to have fair warning of what i'd have to go through with pete. its the only thing i have a bias on. but i just went ahead and looked at all of 'em. most were thumbnails though....

i'm so weak.
                          I'm right there with you.

I was able to stay away from spoilers and pictures for all of the months leading up to New Order.

The one time i caved before friday was when they had the new pictures out, but the link wasn't working so i was able to regain control.

Then the night finally came and i couldn't wait another hour.

Am trying very hard though to not look at other spoilers, but i know that i will soon crack and then start lapping up any info. i can get.

And speaking of New Order, Pete really was wearing the dorkiest hat known to all of Tau'ri-kind. And being the person who wears more insane hats then anyone else i've met, i know when the hat is just bad.

Maybe it was him though.

Nah, it was him AND the hat together which made it look terrible.

Must get my pirate crew to loot the hat and destroy it.

Arrrrrrrr, will walk the plank!

Ar.

Sam and Jack Forever!!!!!!

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                            still queasy, but the funny quotes cartoon of the proposal scene made me laugh...and lots of shipper cookies help too. Cool! I wanna be Tok'ra...as long as Kel'sha is a shipper!
                            mad_gater (Keldor): Yes. He is also very disgusted over the kind of man is! If you wish to be host to my brother, we must hurry! He will not last much longer! His original host fell in battle and Kel'sha is very weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              So come on everyone, if you really are a shipper it is time to step up and be counted.
                              OK, Ok !!! I'll come out from under my rock and annouce my shippiness here at Gateworld.

Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! I hope this works. Oh Hi everyone! I'm new posting here but have been around many moons.

Oh and Hi Marimba, would you please add my name to your letter to AT please? Thanks

Sg-1Poz

Comment

Well, folks, it's been lovely ranting and comiserating with everyone. I'm gonna go take another peek at some lovely shippy stories and then head off to bed. I'm sure I'll have about 1500 more posts to catch up on tomorrow evening!

(*mumbles to self*) Never thought I'd hate a diamond so much.........(probably not even a diamond....cubic zirconia?.....no....crystal?......nope....hardened superglue molded into a diamond shape?....OH YEAH...shipper's tears!!!)

Night all!

Edit: And hi SG1poz! Welcome!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X