Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the first Dr. Weir had a stronger personality - I liked her much better.
    sigpic
    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      I *tried* to warn you before you left but sadly I didn't get to you in time!

(((((((((((((((((((Jimlad the Pirate Maiden))))))))))))))))))))

I *definitely* pity you, having wasted your eight bucks and all--and having missed the PREMIERE for that GAWD-AWFUL movie. As for the Saxons--well, I'm a history buff and those weren't Saxons, they were Vikings--guess the Saxons just weren't good enough. As for history--well, there wasn't any in that movie. Heck, there wasn't even any LEGEND! I could have lived with the legend but NOOOOOOOO, we can't have that, now can we? And yes, it really is *that* bad. Felt sorry for poor Ioan Gryffudd (he's Lancelot and it's pronounced like "Yo-wan Griffith"), though. He's a fine actor whose talents were wasted in that movie. Maybe he'll get lucky and get another chance from someone else though, he is a fine actor and quite adorable in RL. Anyway, back on topic--

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!

I'm glad you gals warned me about this movie. I love the King Arthur stories and I really like Ioan Gryffudd. Luckily I re-watched "Excaliber" not too long ago. THAT'S an Arthur movie! To see Ioan Gryffudd I'll get out my Hornblower DVDs.

Thanks for saving me a few bucks.

Now back to your regularly scheduled ship discussion:

I really like how Sally Reeves does Fifth torturing Sam in her fanfic 'Future Imperfect.' I wonder if that is why I thought the torture scenes were just not enough last night?????

Happy
      who is sad because one of her dogs is missing.
      Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
        I thought the first Dr. Weir had a stronger personality - I liked her much better.
        Right there with you! IMHO, Tori's Weir was how TPTB (men) think a women in power should look. Steen's Weir was strong yet feminine.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by N8iveTexan
          Howdy! Newbie here... I've been lurking for a bit, but wanted to pop in and add my thoughts on New Order.
          *waves to the newbie*
          Welcome!

Spoiler Space s8 "Sacrifice" I think that's the right one
          [snip]
          On top of this, I had that juicy little nugget from Chris Judge rolling around in my mind. The one about the plot of the episode he is writing for season 8... that someone will get married and someone will die in it. Yes, I believe Teal'c will be playing a BIG role in upcoming Sam/Jack events. [/quote]

That's a very nice thought, but I doubt it'll happen that way there have been other spoilers that say that it is Ry'ac that will be getting married. However if it's not Ry'ac I'd place good money on it being a Jaffa because one episode was tentatively titled "My Big Fat Jaffa Wedding"
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
            While the red cookie is great the lime cookie is fantastic. Hope you have a great time here!
            Thank you all for the warm welcome! You guys seemed to be the most friendly (and FUNNY!!) bunch... and in a Sam/Jack Shipper thread to boot!

Please forgive my newbie ignorance... what's with the cookie thing? What do the different colors mean?
            L8er,
            Mandy _|,,|

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              well Ship Nana... I think I need HANDFULS of some cookies because I broke down and went over and read the Chicago Tribune interview.....

And the AT interview really sounded to me like she was saying that Grace *Ended* the Sam & Jack question. There will be no Sam & Jack. BUT since TLC 1&2 was the way it was and everything I am just all out confused and well just plain

so now I am just sitting here thinking ok my shipper *peeps* will straighten this whole thing out for me

or maybe not

Yeah, I read that interview too and I'm trying to block it. The one thought that gives me GREAT hope is that while Amanda is an important part of the show--she's NOT a PTB. RDA, however, is--and we all know he's a shipper. So AT may be SOL...

Or...she could just be mouthing off like she has been for the last several weeks...
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                Waterfall you may be on to something there....mmmm do you think The Asgard realized that Fifth was already making the Repli-Sam or was there something that the Asgard are doing in the cloning arena???? And you are right about *something* having to still be there or else how would Jack have known how to fire the weapon at all??
                possible spoilers for "Gemini"--
                I
                L
                O
                V
                E
                J
                A
                C
                K
                A
                N
                D
                S
                A
                M
                Yeah, the more I think about this, the more I think both of you may have stumbled onto something! After all, Thor DID have the computer plugged into all that replicator data from the replicator that he beamed aboard. If Fifth had been working on the clone at that time, Thor would have known because that replicator would have known. Maybe it will be Jack who figures the whole thing out in "Gemini"

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                  BCM, you are up on all the latest happenings. What directors/writers/producers did we lose to Atlantis?
                  LOL! I'm flattered that you think so. I tell you what I do know, but it isn't much. I do know that JM and PM have been working on both shows. Poor guys sound like they are overworked
                  BW is mostly doing Atlantis, but IIRC he's supposed to be more involved in s8 then he was in s7. *crosses fingers Jonas style*

Otherwise I haven't heard much.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

You know, my hubs the army guy said that same thing about that not happening in the real military...interesting.

I'm not involve personally with the military but I really admire those that make that kind of committment and their families who make the sacrifices to help keep all of us free. So from me please thank your husband!!!

On an SG1 note, as I said I would bet that in RL if a missing comrade was found alive after being thought to be dead, that there would be alot of hugs and backslapping and handshakes all around. So it just didn't seem right that there wasn't some rejoycing on some level. It was just flat.
                    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                      Right there with you! IMHO, Tori's Weir was how TPTB (men) think a women in power should look. Steen's Weir was strong yet feminine.

I read somewhere (Gateworld, perhaps?) that Jessica Steen didn't *test* well and that's why TH is there now.

In *my* humble opinion, that means a couple of things....

JS was too expensive an actress for the budget.

JS was not available.

Or as my brother in law says JS looks too much like Sam.

There is NO way I can believe a test audience would like TH better than JS. There is something we are not hearing....are you surprised?!?!?!?

Anyway, because I didn't care nearly as much for TH as I did JS, it will be harder to watch Atlantis I think. Bad move PTB. Bad.

Happy
                      Happy

Comment

Yeah, I read that interview too and I'm trying to block it. The one thought that gives me GREAT hope is that while Amanda is an important part of the show--she's NOT a PTB. RDA, however, is--and we all know he's a shipper. So AT may be SOL...

Or...she could just be mouthing off like she has been for the last several weeks...
                        I read the interview, and all I have to say is ''.

I've gotten to the point that I don't really care what AT or TPTB say I just read it out of morbid curiousity.
                        ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                          LOL! I'm flattered that you think so. I tell you what I do know, but it isn't much. I do know that JM and PM have been working on both shows. Poor guys sound like they are overworked
                          BW is mostly doing Atlantis, but IIRC he's supposed to be more involved in s8 then he was in s7. *crosses fingers Jonas style*

Otherwise I haven't heard much.
                          IIRC ????

I can't figure out these letters...Robert Cooper?

Gee, if Brad Wright is over at Atlantis I'm gonna have to watch. I admire that man's talent with words!!!!!!!!!

Happy
                          Happy

Comment

Howdy! Newbie here... I've been lurking for a bit, but wanted to pop in and add my thoughts on New Order.

Okay, so I had to find an occasion to use more smileys! Just wanted to say
                            WELCOME to another Texan!

Comment

Spoiler Space s8 "New Order"

My take on jack's "twin" comment was that he was referring to seeing himself while he was a hologram, it would then appear that he had a twin. And yeah, I would bet that was an RDA ad-lib.
                              Last edited by bcmilco; 10 July 2004, 05:52 PM. Reason: can't spell bet, B-E-T. :rolleyes:
                              ~BCM =)

Comment

*waves to the newbie*
                                Welcome!
                                Thanks!

T
                                H
                                E
                                R
                                E

B
                                E

S
                                P
                                O
                                I
                                L
                                E
                                R
                                S

H
                                E
                                R
                                E

On top of this, I had that juicy little nugget from Chris Judge rolling around in my mind. The one about the plot of the episode he is writing for season 8... that someone will get married and someone will die in it. Yes, I believe Teal'c will be playing a BIG role in upcoming Sam/Jack events.
                                That's a very nice thought, but I doubt it'll happen that way there have been other spoilers that say that it is Ry'ac that will be getting married. However if it's not Ry'ac I'd place good money on it being a Jaffa because one episode was tentatively titled "My Big Fat Jaffa Wedding"
                                Oh yeah.... I forgot about that spoiler.

Though, on the positive side, there's opportunity for sidelong glances between S and J during the exchange of vows (or whatever the Jaffa have to that effect), and other shippy moments. Nothing like a wedding to make the unmarried bunch do some serious pondering about their futures.
                                L8er,
                                Mandy _|,,|

Comment

Working...
                                X