This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elkeli
    C'mon guys the thread is soooooo close to being bumped off the front page!

Here's a topic starter if anyone is around......

Has anyone noticed an nuances that Sam and Jack have toward each other and ONLY each other....the obvious one being the way they smile at each other etc, but do we see moments between them that we have never seen reciprocated between these two and another character....

bit of a mind bender but I was just trying to write a cultural studies essay.....all i've got is genre, intertextuality and signifiers floating around in my head...
    My brain is a bit fried due to schoolwork as well, but I'll give it a shot...

Okay...I'm trying, but the only scene I have stuck in my head at the moment is the "Do we have a barbecue?" (or something to that effect) comment that Jack makes on the Prometheus during S6 Memento. I don't know, I guess Sam's enjoyment of Jack's off-beat observations just makes me smile.

Sorry, that's as analytical as I can get right now.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
    still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskhah
      My brain is a bit fried due to schoolwork as well, but I'll give it a shot...

Okay...I'm trying, but the only scene I have stuck in my head at the moment is the "Do we have a barbecue?" (or something to that effect) comment that Jack makes on the Prometheus during S6 Memento. I don't know, I guess Sam's enjoyment of Jack's off-beat observations just makes me smile.

Sorry, that's as analytical as I can get right now.

Works for me! I'd go and watch that episode now but i've loaned the boxset to a friend. I definately will when I get it back.

Just found a HUGELY shippy few sentences from Martin Wood's commentary from S4's "Scorched Earth"
      (taken from context but not THAT far gone)

"...O'neill and Carter, who have a relationship. Watch how they stay together......these are two people who over the course of the last few years, have an intimate relationship......comfortable with one another......there's definately a relationship there."

*ENORMOUS Shipper Sigh!!*

So they *have* had an intimate "relationship" eh?

"doooo doooo do di do do dooooo , do di doooo doooo do di doooo doooo do doooo do di doooo"
      -Stargate Theme

Comment

Hello shippers First I like to say happy birthday to Blaise !! and second I would like to welcome our new latest members Sierragulf gurl 23 and LOL4Jack Hope you enjoy your stay in here and give us shippers some new thoughts to chew on. Third I would like to say about Moebius
        Spoiler:
        that for a season finale that it actually sucked and I expected much more. Those 5 seconds that we saw Ra was a let down I had my hopes so hard for it
        and last thing that I got a new girlfriend and she is very sweet and I am trying to make her a Sam and Jack shipper so now I am letting here tha movie and the first season of stargate SG.1 and than I might introduce her to you guys and than we got ourselfs another newbie
        Lord Zedd

Comment

Works for me! I'd go and watch that episode now but i've loaned the boxset to a friend. I definately will when I get it back.

Just found a HUGELY shippy few sentences from Martin Wood's commentary from S4's "Scorched Earth"
          (taken from context but not THAT far gone)

"...O'neill and Carter, who have a relationship. Watch how they stay together......these are two people who over the course of the last few years, have an intimate relationship......comfortable with one another......there's definately a relationship there."

*ENORMOUS Shipper Sigh!!*

So they *have* had an intimate "relationship" eh?
          Okay, now I have *my* watching assignment! I've just started watching the S7 eps w/ the commentaries. My favorites so far are the ones with Peter DeLuise & Amanda Tapping - they're hilarious together (imho)!

Well, of course. I don't think there's any doubt that they're very close (especially not if you hang out here for any amount of time ). They've seen each other at their best and worst, faced major personal losses together, and depended on each other for survival countless times. Those kind of situations have a tendency to create unshakeable bonds. Their romantic attraction just makes it that much more intense. *sigh* They really are great together...

(slightly OT, but we really do need a *sigh* smiley... )

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
          still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
            Hello shippers First I like to say happy birthday to Blaise !! and second I would like to welcome our new latest members Sierragulf gurl 23 and LOL4Jack Hope you enjoy your stay in here and give us shippers some new thoughts to chew on.
            I second that

"doooo doooo do di do do dooooo , do di doooo doooo do di doooo doooo do doooo do di doooo"
            -Stargate Theme

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskhah
              Okay, now I have *my* watching assignment! I've just started watching the S7 eps w/ the commentaries. My favorites so far are the ones with Peter DeLuise & Amanda Tapping - they're hilarious together (imho)!

Well, of course. I don't think there's any doubt that they're very close (especially not if you hang out here for any amount of time ). They've seen each other at their best and worst, faced major personal losses together, and depended on each other for survival countless times. Those kind of situations have a tendency to create unshakeable bonds. Their romantic attraction just makes it that much more intense. *sigh* They really are great together...

(slightly OT, but we really do need a *sigh* smiley... )

I agree on the smilie and on the commentaries comment hehe

I was only watching it because i've pretty much watched all of the commentaries I can find. Except for season 5, which is currently out of my grasp.

They are so good for out of context shippiness
              Last edited by Elkeli; 20 March 2005, 02:12 AM.

-Stargate Theme

Comment

Originally posted by antares
                Well, AT actually commented on that. Because of timing,
                Spoiler:
                (Sam's engaged to for most of S8, like when she got pregnant, the dad would be .
                Even AT said they couldn't show the pregnancy for that reason <lol>.

besides, I think it would just add far more chaos than even most fans would want to deal with. Besides, in the last eps to film, you can see her tummy. , and all the baggy clothes trying to hide it . (I loved AU/carter )

Cheers,
                Kris
                Ooh, year! Forgot all about him!! She realy said that!!?

I realy think she wan't them to be together!!

Zika
                Zika

Belief in Sam and Jack ship in season 10?

P.S. sorry about my english - from Denmark()

Comment

Here is my newly adopted kitty 'Siler' I wanted to give her a shippy name but the parental units didn't get it when I said 'Grace' lol.....

Elkeli's newly appointed Shipper-Ambassador "SHIPPER KITTY!" hehehe

-Stargate Theme

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    well, i saw it more as jack teasing/razzing her but that's just me
                    I originally thought it was Jack was teasing her. But now, it could be a shipper moment...

that's what I love about this thread: it really makes you think (in good shippy ways)

ps. if I ever leave abruptly, God Forbid, without announcement, don't think it's cuz I'm mad or stuck up or anything. My mom probably made turn off the computer in her "I-MEAN-IT" voice. o Sorry in advance if I hurt someone's feelings.!
                    I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
                    Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration
                    *1st and only time I agree with Kinsey

Replicarter: There are two of us.
                    Jack: If only...
                    (Sam looks at him. He clears his throat quietly.) -Replicarter and Jack, Gemini

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

thanx 4 the tip, Sally!
                      I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
                      Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

Welcome all to the unveilling of this week's sig pic, especially taylored to GW's sig pic rules (because I didn't know they existed til the other day)

Now, I'm currently in an enormous Shipper mood...

I was listening to the newest U2 album the other day and during both "Vertigo" and "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" I was picturing in my mind the most awesome shippy vids! (lol, i'm so modest) Anyhoo, I wish i knew how to make them. But i've only got the windows movie maker or something like that. Any tips? I'm not entirely sure how to get clips onto my comp though. If someone was willing to collaborate, I could write which lyrics got with which clip and at what time etc and pass it on to someone with higher ability than my own lol.

Anyone? PM me

Thank you and Good night!
                        Last edited by Elkeli; 20 March 2005, 02:57 AM.

-Stargate Theme

Comment

Welcome all to the unveilling of this week's sig pic, especially taylored to GW's sig pic rules (because I didn't know they existed til the other day)

Now, I'm currently in an enormous Shipper mood...

I was listening to the newest U2 album the other day and during both "Vertigo" and "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" I was picturing in my mind the most awesome shippy vids! (lol, i'm so modest) Anyhoo, I wish i knew how to make them. But i've only got the windows movie maker or something like that. Any tips? I'm not entirely sure how to get clips onto my comp though. If someone was willing to collaborate, I could write which lyrics got with which clip and at what time etc and pass it on to someone with higher ability than my own lol.

Anyone? PM me

Thank you and Good night!
                          I understand completely. There's this Jesse McCartney song called "Why dont' you kiss her?" and I totally relate. I come up with the shippiest vids every time I hear it. I'll see if I can get one of my mom's computer students to teach me how to make videos using the Windows Movie Maker. I'll keep you posted.

I just realized: Me-a teenage girl-liking Jesse McCartney as much as I do, is such a cliche.

Comment

btw: if anyone could tell me how to put a picture in my siggy, that would be great. thanx! i'd like to put the shippiest picture i can find!

Comment

Morning/Afternoon/Evening everybody. It's so wierd having nothing to watch On Tuesday night- The really good thing however abuot having no Sg-1 is there's like 10 times more fanfic cause people are bored and stuf....speaking of fanfiction...*giggles* I have a new fanfic on fanfiction.net called cabin fever. And a new chapter of hell hath no fury, please go and check it out let me know what you think.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2312645/1/
                              It's a funny peice just after threads and what I think would have happened.
                              Last edited by Sam fan; 20 March 2005, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Here is my newly adopted kitty 'Siler' I wanted to give her a shippy name but the parental units didn't get it when I said 'Grace' lol.....

Elkeli's newly appointed Shipper-Ambassador "SHIPPER KITTY!" hehehe

When I see your sig, I really tought that was Schroedinger (sp?) the cat that Sam gave to Narim... eh.. turn out it's Siler the Sparky cat

Just had the chance to watch Threads
                                Spoiler:
                                I can't help to like Kerry, and I'm glad she's smart enough to get out from Jack life, but she is a nice person in overall & general and I can understand if Jack start dating her, compare to Pete who's IMHO forced out his likeable personality & smug in his cuteness. Which is another thing that I can't understand, if Pete was supposed to be Sam 'believeable' boyfriend, why do the TPTB makes him so silly ?. and compare the bedroom scene of Sam/ in Chimera and Jack/Kerry in Threads, Jack was ever the gentleman to kiss Kerry and say 'sorry' for having to leave her. Anyway.. just soo happy to see Sam/Jack fishing together, yay !
                                sigpic
                                sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Working...
                                X