This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
    But madgater...after I pour the rum in the blender, there's no room left for ice cream....
    Di
    thanks, I'll try this soon.
    That's why you only add rum for a couple seconds, not a couple minutes! LOL! If I had to estimate it comes to about 4 scoops of ice cream, about 2 cups of milk, and 4 shots of rum (estimating about 2 shots of rum per second). Anynormal sized blender should be able to hold that

Comment

of COURSE I'm still here (Di grumbles, no need to shout)

Hey Token, what's with the boring smilie face? You usually provide us with animated gifs...this one just sits there doing nothing...wait a minute, if I squint REALLY hard and look at it thorough my wine glass...OH! hey, it moves!
      Never mind

Di, getting a refill
      Oh dear! I do believe Di's passed out! probably didn't hear my advice about only adding rum for a couple seconds, not a couple minutes. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
        Oh dear! I do believe Di's passed out! probably didn't hear my advice about only adding rum for a couple seconds, not a couple minutes. LOL!
        So in other words the rum is not suppsed to be all the way to the brim of the blender! LOL!

Comment

I most CERTAINLY did NOT pass out!! That's for rookie shippers that can't hold their cookies...or wine...or cookies dipped in wine. Actually, I tend to work on my business laptop at the same time I'm on the forum, because during the day I'm in front of my customers. That's why it's rare to see me post before 6 pm central time. RL demands I perform SOME work to pay for S6 DVD set .

Di
          although I still don't understand the benefit of adding the rum only for a couple seconds, I mean really, what's the point of THAT?

Comment

I most CERTAINLY did NOT pass out!! That's for rookie shippers that can't hold their cookies...or wine...or cookies dipped in wine. Actually, I tend to work on my business laptop at the same time I'm on the forum, because during the day I'm in front of my customers. That's why it's rare to see me post before 6 pm central time. RL demands I perform SOME work to pay for S6 DVD set .

Di
            although I still don't understand the benefit of adding the rum only for a couple seconds, I mean really, what's the point of THAT?
            or I think it might be 4 seconds. I usually use 1/4 of a bottle.

Comment

or I think it might be 4 seconds. I usually use 1/4 of a bottle.
              I mean, you don't want the drink to be overly strong. Anymore rum than 1/4 bottle will make you taste more rum than choc. shake and you want a healty mix of tastes, don't you?

Comment

I'm glad to see everyone being so positive lately!
                Nana must have made a *very* potent batch of cookies!

On that note, let's have some fun!
                Who in this forum thinks in the episode "Nemisis" from season 3,that if Jack hadn't been "beamed" up by Thor that he would have been able to convince Sam to go "fishing" with him??
                Cause I think she really wanted to go as evidence she ran after him and he started talking,trying to convince her and that 1000 watt smile of hers,then a bright flash of light.
                Thor has about as good timing as Daniel.

waterfall

Comment

That's why you only add rum for a couple seconds, not a couple minutes! LOL! If I had to estimate it comes to about 4 scoops of ice cream, about 2 cups of milk, and 4 shots of rum (estimating about 2 shots of rum per second). Anynormal sized blender should be able to hold that
                  Boy, I'm glad you cleared up the correct recipe measurements. I thought it was ONE SHOT for the COOK and ONE SHOT for the BLENDER. Repeat until blender is full or cook is on the floor.
                  Last edited by Ship Nana; 01 July 2004, 07:11 PM.
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Dear Amanda,

The entire Shipper Family of Gateworld has collectively contributed to this letter in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us post on Gateworld Forum, and more specifically in the "Sam/Jack Shipper Discussion Thread" (please come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

Our family is made up of fans from all over the globe, including The United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Republic of Ireland, The Netherlands, Scotland and France. We are definitely a family. Whether we're discussing the many "ups and downs" of Sam and Jack's relationship or the dramas of real life; we support, encourage, and sustain each other. As a family, we laugh and occasionally disagree, we rave then we rant, but most importantly love and respect one another. Thank you so much for being part of the reason we have developed this wonderful family!

A common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam Carter's character that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong and smart female character on television.

We have all enjoyed watching both Sam and Jack grow and change over time and we think that their relationship has added an extra dimension to the show. It is wonderful to see two characters who love and respect each other so much (not to mention two amazing actors who have so much chemistry!). Their relationship is a breath of fresh air when most television romantic relationships are so badly done. In our humble opinion, we feel that Jack is the best man for Sam - and he is made better by Sam. They've seen each other at their best and at their worst. They have been through so much together. To us that definitely lays the foundation for something special.

We are thoroughly excited by your desire to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development, but we sincerely hope that at some point this exploration will take place in Jack's cabin. With Jack!

While we do love the romantic relationship between Sam and Jack, we also love the friendships and interaction between the entire team. We enjoy the team dynamic very much amongst all of the characters. We are not asking that the show be turned into the Sam and Jack show. We want the same brilliant "Stargate SG-1" that we've always had just with the additional natural, positive progression of the romantic feelings between our favorite couple.

Having said all that, we have enclosed a gift that is sure to bring out the shipper in you! We are sending you some of the best music videos from two of our "family" members, Caty and Lisa, which we feel demonstrates why Sam and Jack should be together. We hope you enjoy their labor of love as much as we have! We suggest watching the delightful "Remember When It Rained," "I Surrender," "Frozen," "Breathless," and "Miss Independent" from Caty (aka ShipDiva) and "Tell Him," "To Make You Feel My Love," and "Still Holding Out for You" from Lisa (aka Marimba). Their work is sure to melt your heart and make you laugh as you look back over the years at the evolving relationship of Samantha Carter and Jack O'Neill.

With warmest regards (and lots of Shipper hugs!),

~The Gateworld Sam/Jack Shipper Family~

Caty
                    Ship Nana
                    Gatetrixer
                    AbydosTraveller
                    madfrenchie
                    Isis
                    GoneShippin'
                    Marimba
                    ~bcmilco =)
                    Seven
                    mjj1993
                    LtLisa
                    Nikkirose
                    dipsofjazz
                    OzGirl
                    Meimei
                    Emilee108
                    waterfall
                    ShimmeringStar
                    majorsal
                    Token
                    DarkQuee1
                    mad_gater
                    Iluuuuuvjack
                    ChevronSevon
                    JSDT
                    Loki
                    Twisted Angel
                    stargate barbie
                    Ice^^Heat
                    TameFarrar
                    pittsburghgirl
                    Watters87
                    MadyS
                    Sam_o_Neill
                    sacme
                    Anakin
                    GetCarter
                    SG1Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Added SG1Happy and took out potential.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                      do what i do, the next time it's posted (or you can find it in the last thread), print it out --in color!-- and keep it by your computer. It's the only way I remember which cookie does what. Ship Nana has quite an assortment!

ship sistah
                      Here is the assortment list again:

There are:

Pink Shipper Cookies - Increases Creativity and Brain Power for Shipping

Green Shipper Cookies - Stops Pit-ranting and rant withdrawal and redirects focus to Ship

Red Shipper Cookies - Makes ship lurkers into ship posters
                      (take the red pill, Neo-shippers)

Blue Shipper Cookies - Dreamy Shipper Bliss

Purple Shipper Cookies - Warm and Fuzzy Shipping

Orange Shipper Cookies - Disoriented Shipping

Chocolate Shipper Cookies - Rich and Luscious Shipping (especially when served warm - good for when nothing else will do) Also, for stocking up while on extended absenses from S/J Thread.

Gray Shipper Cookie - Snarkiness Shipper Cookie

Lime Shipper Cookies - gives the illusion of Shipper Greatness. They allow the Shipper to dream really BIG!!!!!!

Naquadah Enhanced Anti-Ranting Shipper Cookies – If you have to eat these Shipper Cookies you are so desperate that you probably won't care what they are for.
                      P.S. - Disclaimer - Since these Shipper Cookies are probably radioactive please take the appropriate precautions when handling.

Rosy Shipper Cookie - wipes out the memories of bad spoilers and desolves the desire to read spoilers

SUBLIMINAL Shipper Cookie – Makes TPTB believe that Ship was their idea

and the all time favorite:

Yellow Shipper Cookies – (HWMS)

Whew, I said that all in one breath.
                      Ship Nana

Comment

I mean, you don't want the drink to be overly strong. Anymore rum than 1/4 bottle will make you taste more rum than choc. shake and you want a healty mix of tastes, don't you?
                        And the extracts also add a tiny bit to the alcohol content as well, if you don't know that already. The peppermint extract, even at a couple capfuls should give a noticeable increase in potency since it's 89% alcohol.

Sorry about all this OT crap guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                          Dear Amanda,

The entire Shipper Family of Gateworld has collectively contributed to this letter in the hope that you will read it and see how much we all love both Stargate and the character of Sam. Some of us have been watching since the very beginning and some of us only started watching more recently. All of us post on Gateworld Forum, and more specifically in the "Sam/Jack Shipper Discussion Thread" (please come by and visit some time, we'd love to have you!).

Our family is made up of fans from all over the globe, including The United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Republic of Ireland, The Netherlands, Scotland and France. We are definitely a family. Whether we're discussing the many "ups and downs" of Sam and Jack's relationship or the dramas of real life; we support, encourage, and sustain each other. As a family, we laugh and occasionally disagree, we rave then we rant, but most importantly love and respect one another. Thank you so much for being part of the reason we have developed this wonderful family!

A common theme we have in this thread is that we all think that you are an extremely talented actress and the show is better off for having you on it. You bring a depth and warmth to Sam Carter's character that enriches each episode. It is also wonderful to see such a strong and smart female character on television.

We have all enjoyed watching both Sam and Jack grow and change over time and we think that their relationship has added an extra dimension to the show. It is wonderful to see two characters who love and respect each other so much (not to mention two amazing actors who have so much chemistry!). Their relationship is a breath of fresh air when most television romantic relationships are so badly done. In our humble opinion, we feel that Jack is the best man for Sam - and he is made better by Sam. They've seen each other at their best and at their worst. They have been through so much together. To us that definitely lays the foundation for something special.

We are thoroughly excited by your desire to stretch your acting legs and explore Sam's development, but we sincerely hope that at some point this exploration will take place in Jack's cabin. With Jack!

While we do love the romantic relationship between Sam and Jack, we also love the friendships and interaction between the entire team. We enjoy the team dynamic very much amongst all of the characters. We are not asking that the show be turned into the Sam and Jack show. We want the same brilliant "Stargate SG-1" that we've always had just with the additional natural, positive progression of the romantic feelings between our favorite couple.

Having said all that, we have enclosed a gift that is sure to bring out the shipper in you! We are sending you some of the best music videos from two of our "family" members, Caty and Lisa, which we feel demonstrates why Sam and Jack should be together. We hope you enjoy their labor of love as much as we have! We suggest watching the delightful "Remember When It Rained," "I Surrender," "Frozen," "Breathless," and "Miss Independent" from Caty (aka ShipDiva) and "Tell Him," "To Make You Feel My Love," and "Still Holding Out for You" from Lisa (aka Marimba). Their work is sure to melt your heart and make you laugh as you look back over the years at the evolving relationship of Samantha Carter and Jack O'Neill.

With warmest regards (and lots of Shipper hugs!),

~The Gateworld Sam/Jack Shipper Family~

Caty
                          Ship Nana
                          Gatetrixer
                          AbydosTraveller
                          madfrenchie
                          Isis
                          GoneShippin'
                          Marimba
                          ~bcmilco =)
                          Seven
                          mjj1993
                          LtLisa
                          Nikkirose
                          dipsofjazz
                          OzGirl
                          Meimei
                          Emilee108
                          waterfall
                          ShimmeringStar
                          majorsal
                          Token
                          DarkQuee1
                          mad_gater
                          Iluuuuuvjack
                          ChevronSevon
                          JSDT
                          Loki
                          Twisted Angel
                          stargate barbie
                          Ice^^Heat
                          TameFarrar
                          pittsburghgirl
                          Watters87
                          MadyS
                          Sam_o_Neill
                          sacme
                          Anakin
                          GetCarter
                          SG1Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Added SG1Happy and took out potential.

Shipper Family, I think we've done it. "The Letter" looks absolutely perfect.

I vote that it is complete and we should go with this as our final version. All in favor say "AYE"!!!
                          Ship Nana

Comment

of COURSE I'm still here (Di grumbles, no need to shout)

Hey Token, what's with the boring smilie face? You usually provide us with animated gifs...this one just sits there doing nothing...wait a minute, if I squint REALLY hard and look at it thorough my wine glass...OH! hey, it moves!
                            Never mind

Di, getting a refill
                            Di, you are just too funny!!

(I promise not to shout anymore. )

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              Here is the assortment list again:

There are:

Pink Shipper Cookies - Increases Creativity and Brain Power for Shipping

Green Shipper Cookies - Stops Pit-ranting and rant withdrawal and redirects focus to Ship

Red Shipper Cookies - Makes ship lurkers into ship posters
                              (take the red pill, Neo-shippers)

Blue Shipper Cookies - Dreamy Shipper Bliss

Purple Shipper Cookies - Warm and Fuzzy Shipping

Orange Shipper Cookies - Disoriented Shipping

Chocolate Shipper Cookies - Rich and Luscious Shipping (especially when served warm - good for when nothing else will do) Also, for stocking up while on extended absenses from S/J Thread.

Gray Shipper Cookie - Snarkiness Shipper Cookie

Lime Shipper Cookies - gives the illusion of Shipper Greatness. They allow the Shipper to dream really BIG!!!!!!

Naquadah Enhanced Anti-Ranting Shipper Cookies – If you have to eat these Shipper Cookies you are so desperate that you probably won't care what they are for.
                              P.S. - Disclaimer - Since these Shipper Cookies are probably radioactive please take the appropriate precautions when handling.

Rosy Shipper Cookie - wipes out the memories of bad spoilers and desolves the desire to read spoilers

SUBLIMINAL Shipper Cookie – Makes TPTB believe that Ship was their idea

and the all time favorite:

Yellow Shipper Cookies – (HWMS)

Whew, I said that all in one breath.
                              Breath Nana! Breathe!

Comment

Everyone, please check the list and make sure that your name is on the list as with so many rewrites a name could have slipped off.

I'm posting this one last time to make sure we have everyone's name on the list who wants to be included.

ATTENTION ALL SHIPPER LURKERS:

We need to add as many names as possible to our letter. So if you are a lurker and don't post much or at all, but would like an opportunity to let Amanda Tapping know how you feel, please add your name on the list or just let us know that you want to be included and we will add your name. Also, let us know what country you live in so we can add that as well.

Go ahead, eat a Red Shipper Cookie and take the plunge and let us know you want to be included. I promise the water is great here.

Remember there is power in numbers.
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X