Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry but I was really hoping that it wouldn't be Jack himself who promotes Sam. I just don't want to have to hear about the inevitable "favoritism" posts that are bound to pop up. It's not as if she's not an excellent officer with tons of field experience or anything. She couldn't possibly deserve the promotion. Gawd, I can see it now.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      I have already bought the Jumbo size popcorn... Can you get the drinks??

Yes, I've got the drinks! Margaritas and rootbeer floats. Like the variety?

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

I think that once D&C established that she had feelings Sam has shown many times that she *wished* she could say yes to the fishing invites, but Sam knows Ain't NO FISHIN gonna be going on
        Ah, but if she really wanted to say yes, and she wanted Jack to know she wanted to say yes, she should have said something like "maybe next time" other wise "no" is "no" and there is no other way it can be translated. JMO.

Edited: I do think she wants to say yes I just wish she'd let Jack 'know' that she wants to say yes.
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Hey again!

First off, thanks for the hugs and comments. I am usually pretty positive, but lately things just seem so convoluted that I am not sure where things are going.

Marimba, thanks for the *thwack* upside my head! I needed it.

((((((((((((((shippers))))))))))))))) and thank you for your support.

Chris

Comment

Gosh Ship Daddy I hadn't realized that you too felt that Sam had to actualy *Say* the words.
            I thought you knew I was a strong believer in VERBAL COMMUNICATION.

That being the case Jack hasn't said the *words* since D&C either.
            Yes, he has much work to do with his veral communication skills too, but at least he keeps trying to get her to go fishing. That's backhanded verbal communication, but it's on the right track

But we have seen so much in how they treat one another, BOTH of them to come to the belief that these two characters love each other.
            I agree, but it's always nice to hear the words

I don't know I am a bit depressed here. When I come on the forum to read the S&J Ship Discussion Thread I NEVER have felt like I ever needed to explain or defend the relationship.
            That is why there is a *Ship Discussion Thread* and I even clicked back to make sure I was in the right thread.
            I come in here to read posts from people that love and enjoy the S&J ship. When I want to defend it I go to other threads.
            Hmmm not to sure what to say here anymore
            Okay I was confused as to why you wrote this untill I went back. Skydiver is a shipper. She's not attacking ship.

From the post I gather that she's venting about AT's (or someone elses) belief that Sam is "pining" after Jack. I also gathered that she was saying 'if anyone could be said to be pining it would be Jack because he's the one that has constantly asked Sam to go fishing.' Not that he is pining just that he's shown more inclination towards it.

I hope that clears some stuff up and I hope I "translated" that correctly
            ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
              Ah, but if she really wanted to say yes, and she wanted Jack to know she wanted to say yes, she should have said something like "maybe next time" other wise "no" is "no" and there is no other way it can be translated. JMO.

Edited: I do think she wants to say yes I just wish she'd let Jack 'know' that she wants to say yes.
              What episode was it that he asked her to go fishing and her reply was something to the effect of "Sir, you always ask me when you know I have work to do?" Would that be her letting him know that she wants to say yes?

Then again, what angle is Jack playing if indeed this is true?

Just curious.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                Don't you realize what you just did... you've basically assured that everyone in this room is going to read the spoilers now. You tell us, emphatically tell us not to do something, and we'll go out of our ways to do nothing 'but' that thing. Gotta love psychology. <g>
                Yeah, yeah, go jump off a bridge... on second thought...

Sally, what ever you do do NOT jump off a bridge! Seriously don't go near that bridge and don't jump off it. Keep your feet firmly planted on the ground and stay away from the edge.

Are you still with us?
                ~BCM =)

Comment

Shimmering Star, after I posted my comment about explorer working like a charm everthing went to he$$ in a handbasket!

We found out that my default homepage had been changed by some program running on my computer. I hope things are fixed now.

Again, thanks for your suggestion. It did work for a bit. I hope now I can stay and play.

I am going to try to stay as spoiler free as I possibly can, but I am so very weak

Especially when Ship Daddy tells us not to read them

Chris

Comment

I thought you knew I was a strong believer in VERBAL COMMUNICATION.
                    I do...you and I agree TOTALLY that these two need to have an ADULT conversation and to do that it would involve VERBAL COMMUNICATION

Yes, he has much work to do with his veral communication skills too, but at least he keeps trying to get her to go fishing. That's backhanded verbal communication, but it's on the right track
                    yes he does, but He also KEEPS INTERUPTING SAM whenever she tries to talk about how she feels, so I guess I believe Sam is trying just as hard to get her thoughts and feelings across.

I agree, but it's always nice to hear the words
                    me to... :sigh;; but THAT is TPTB's fault
                    Okay I was confused as to why you wrote this untill I went back. Skydiver is a shipper. She's not attacking ship.

From the post I gather that she's venting about AT's (or someone elses) belief that Sam is "pining" after Jack. I also gathered that she was saying 'if anyone could be said to be pining it would be Jack because he's the one that has constantly asked Sam to go fishing.' Not that he is pining just that he's shown more inclination towards it.

I hope that clears some stuff up and I hope I "translated" that correctly
                    I think I am feeling defensive all the way around here
                    With the comments that RCC has made and just all the negativity period it has just NOT been fun!
                    But as I mentioned before
                    Sam has tried to say something to Jack and HE HAS STOPPED her so this really isn't one sided and Jack isn't the only one *putting it out there*
                    Sam may have *the boyfriend* but when push came to shove she did try and Jack shut her down for reasons we can only guess at, but hope were out of his love for her.

So to SkyDiver I would say I apologize if what Ship Daddy is saying more what you were meaning and I took it wrong.
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Spoilers s8 New Order
                      Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                      I'm sorry but I was really hoping that it wouldn't be Jack himself who promotes Sam. I just don't want to have to hear about the inevitable "favoritism" posts that are bound to pop up. It's not as if she's not an excellent officer with tons of field experience or anything. She couldn't possibly deserve the promotion. Gawd, I can see it now.
                      And if they do any kind of character development piece where the mission goes bad (which could be an awsome piece for Sam) it will only "prove" their point I really, really wish they had just had Hammond, or someone else promote her to take over in case they couldn't save Jack and he remained traped in the ice. Then when Jack's unfrozen he get's his stars.

And the fact that he's just going to promote her because he can, makes it look even worse.
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

Yes, I've got the drinks! Margaritas and rootbeer floats. Like the variety?

Sally
                        Oh yeah...... LOVE BOTH!!! but I am wondering at the mix..... may not be pretty later LOL
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Howdy, Chris!

*waves*

I know what you mean about having too much info. This thread is a good place to go to either rant about ship, rejoice about ship, rant about the bf, or just say stupid things -like ShipDaddy does- that have no purpose -like ShipDaddy does- whatsoever. We can be as deep as the ocean or a puddle. Which ever way we go, please stay and play with us!

Sally
                          I love to play in here. It all depends on the gremlins in my computer. I hopefully have that situation resolved. Thanks *waves* right back at ya!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
                            What episode was it that he asked her to go fishing and her reply was something to the effect of "Sir, you always ask me when you know I have work to do?" Would that be her letting him know that she wants to say yes?

Then again, what angle is Jack playing if indeed this is true?

Just curious.
                            "Sight Unseen"

Jack is in civies walking with Sam.

O'NEILL: I could stay.

CARTER: We've all been cleared, Sir. The base is clean. Jonas is probably suffering from stress. This is all still pretty new to him.

O'NEILL: You could come with.

CARTER: Sir?

O'NEILL: Fishing Carter. I'm going fishing.

CARTER: You know I'm planning on studying the artefact.

O'NEILL: Yes. It's always something, isn't it?

CARTER: Oh come on, Sir, we both know the only reason you asked is because you knew I had something else to do.

O'NEILL: No, really I think you should come, fish. Fish some more.
                            Maybe.

Of course she could have said "next time ask me when I'm not busy" OR she could have gone with him, she didn't have to study that object she was on down time.
                            ~BCM =)

Comment

I think I am feeling defensive all the way around here
                              With the comments that RCC has made and just all the negativity period it has just NOT been fun!
                              But as I mentioned before
                              Sam has tried to say something to Jack and HE HAS STOPPED her so this really isn't one sided and Jack isn't the only one *putting it out there*
                              Sam may have *the boyfriend* but when push came to shove she did try and Jack shut her down for reasons we can only guess at, but hope were out of his love for her.

Hi Tame!

I just went through the same thing! All of this negative stuff coming out has rattled me a bit too.

But, you are in the right thread! I think the folks in here are too cool and very supportive of each other.

Is it July yet? Hopefully things will be settled down a bit then.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
                                Hi Tame!

I just went through the same thing! All of this negative stuff coming out has rattled me a bit too.

But, you are in the right thread! I think the folks in here are too cool and very supportive of each other.

Is it July yet? Hopefully things will be settled down a bit then.

Chris
                                Hi Chris!!!
                                Thanks sweetie!! Oh I know I am in the right thread !! these guys have been hugging me and cheering me up for about a year now!!!! I think I would be crazy, nuts, overwrought and wacko if it wasn't for the people in this thread.

They are the GREATEST!!!!! and the fact that they put up with me well THAT says it ALL!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X