This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vespasianus
    I couldn't resist to write here. So all I want to say is that (big Threads spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    you Sam/Jack shippers want to see Threads. And after seeing it, you'll have to reconsider that the kiss in Moebius will be in AU... I've seen Threads so I can tell!

Oh, and sorry for grammar (I'm from Hungary).
    Welcome!
    Are you a shipper?

I agree, Threads
    Spoiler:
    does make you reconsider the AU kiss!! Here's hoping
    Last edited by shelsfc; 10 February 2005, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
      and we wouldn't want to do that-why?
      We wouldn't want to do that because it is against forum rules. The FAQ's state...

Episode downloads. Do not use GateWorld to request, trade, or advertise downloads of copyrighted films or television programs, including Stargate. Keep any such conversations in private e-mail -- no exceptions.

I'm just trying to help out before a mod does.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
        We wouldn't want to do that because it is against forum rules. The FAQ's state...

Episode downloads. Do not use GateWorld to request, trade, or advertise downloads of copyrighted films or television programs, including Stargate. Keep any such conversations in private e-mail -- no exceptions.

I'm just trying to help out before a mod does.
        thanx-but i was kidding-honest-really-just ask rogue-she'll tell ya. I 'm a kidder.

ain't I Rogue???? Rogue?? Rouge;-(
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
          Originally posted by Bucky
          And while I'm on the subject of "Threads" :

Spoiler:
          There's been some discussion about the way Sam broke it off with Pete. At first, her comment "That's it?" seems a bit abrupt; however, there is another way to look at it. Someone else on another thread--or perhaps even another board--commented that her comment showed that she really didn't know Pete at all. I wish I could remember who it was because I thought it was an astute observation. Pete's comment indicates that he was surprised that Sam said yes, that he knew he was way in over his head, but that Sam "was worth the risk" of getting his heart broken.

Uh, I don't claim ownership of that observation but I did post it in the Threads thread on GW.
          Glad you agree.
          Thanks for identifying yourself, Lunar. I think it *was* you, and it was an astute observation.

Bucky

ps Welcome to Carry123 and wwwednesday and all the newbies that "Threads" brought out!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky

Snippity Do Dah.....

And while I'm on the subject of "Threads" :

Spoiler:
            There's been some discussion about the way Sam broke it off with Pete. At first, her comment "That's it?" seems a bit abrupt; however, there is another way to look at it. Someone else on another thread--or perhaps even another board--commented that her comment showed that she really didn't know Pete at all. I wish I could remember who it was because I thought it was an astute observation. Pete's comment indicates that he was surprised that Sam said yes, that he knew he was way in over his head, but that Sam "was worth the risk" of getting his heart broken.

Now, I know that many posters here have never gotten over the bad writing in "Chimera" and still considered him "Stalker Pete," but TPTB were doing everything they could to rehabilitate him in viewers eyes in Season 8. So it is interesting to compare Pete's reaction to Sam breaking up with him to Kerry's decision to get out fast. Except for the incident in "Affinity," Pete was isolated from the SGC--and even then he didn't go to the mountain or interact with O'Neill. So, while he could recognize that Sam really belonged with someone different than himself, he never got a chance to see who that someone might be. And Sam for her part must have kept him away from SGC personnel as much as possible. Pete's comments to Jacob/Selmak in the openning scenes show that he hasn't discussed Sam's father with her friends--or even her--very much. If he had, he wouldn't have made such a faux pas.

In contrast, Kerry is at the SGC on a regular basis. It only takes her a short while to realize that Jack's issues--and "one big ISSUE" <smiley face> as she says that she will not be able to "love--live--with." Kerry's Freudian slip shows that one face-to-face encounter between Sam and Jack was all it took for her to see that Jack was never going to love her the way she (Kerry) would love him. So, in that sense, Kerry was fortunate and got out early before she let herself fall in love.

But, to get back to the Sam/Pete break up scene. He's not surprised, and he lets her go without a fight. Sam is stunned that he doesn't try to find a way to keep them together. I mean, I would expect a guy to at least say something like "Can't we work this out?" I think she is also stunned that Pete realizes that her decision to break it off has nothing to do with Jacob's death.

In the end, the break up shows that Pete knew Sam, but that Sam never did know Pete.

Bucky
            Spoilers Chimera, Affinity and Threads:

Spoiler:
            Of course Pete knew Sam. After the events of Chimera, he probably had a telephone book sized file on her.

In my opinion, though, I can't imagine that either of them knew each other very well. I think that they were still at that very superficial, touchy-feely feel-good stage when he proposed. After hearing the comments he made during the break-up, I now know why he proposed so quickly. He probably figured that if he was ever going to have a chance with her that was the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
              Attention all Shippers--or at least, those who love to be spoiled rotten like me!!

I have just finished putting up another 45 caps, from the beginning of Threads on my site:

http://67.182.2.94/Web/Screencaps/index.htm

Enjoy!!
              BrenRen, love the caps. Ahhhh, my heart skips several beats and I can't help but smile. Thank you.

Gatebee

Comment

Right folks....

NEW FIC NEW FIC NEW FIC!!!!!!!!

Based DIRECTLY on the Threads SPOILERS

In Between the Threads - Chapter one - In Between the Lines

PLEASE read!!!!!!! I'm really proud of it!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))))))

And once again...WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES!!!!!!!!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by carry123
                  Hi,
                  I'm also a newbie, I couldn't help come out of lurkdom after watching threads. It was good, but not everything I expected and now I'm beggining to worry about moebius.
                  spoilers and speculations for moebius below:
                  I read the spoilers on sg1archive and I saw the picture on GW, when RDA was saying he was going to kiss AT in the next scene, he was wearing the green BDUs and in the picture where we see the real sg1 they are wearing something else. That makes me think there is gonna be a kiss, but with the AU Sam and Jack. It really sucks. I also think the reset idea might be true. I don't want to burst anyone bubble, but I don't have a good feeling about Moebius.

Anyone feeling like getting my hopes up?
                  WELCOME NEWBIE CARRY123. Have fun sharing in our shippy family and post lots.

Gatebee

Comment

Hi everone.
                    This is my first post on the forum, but I have been lurking in the shadows for a while!!

Just wanted to give you my two-cents worth on Threads.
                    Overall I thought the episode was good. Of course I liked the Spoiler: 'Shipper moments' (and boy were they a long time coming), but I also enjoyed Daniel/Oma in the Diner and it proved to be a well rounded and entertaining 90 minutes.

Spoiler:
                    I do however have a sinking feeling about Moebius. I wouldn't put it past TPTB to completely ignore the semi-resolved Sam/Jack status and concentrate entiely on the AU Sam/Jack as a way of trying to appease all the fans.

I am also concerned about the comment from Jacob (I should have died 4 years ago). This seems to be a very fundamental mistake for TPTB to be making. Perhaps somehow this relates in some way to Moebius/time travel and to the twist that has been referred in the Behind the Gate Special.

What do you guys think?

Eliza

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood

Spoiler:
                      Of course Pete knew Sam. After the events of Chimera, he probably had a telephone book sized file on her.

In my opinion, though, I can't imagine that either of them knew each other very well. I think that they were still at that very superficial, touchy-feely feel-good stage when he proposed. After hearing the comments he made during the break-up, I now know why he proposed so quickly. He probably figured that if he was ever going to have a chance with her that was the time.
                      I don't know
                      Spoiler:
                      Pete might have "known" all about her per se-but not about what made Sam tick. And she certainly didn't know enough about Pete for that either. You know he could have had her investigated up the whazoo-but he really didn't know her soul-and she didn't either. She knew what he presented to her and took that at face value. Let's face it-he wasn't Jack. He was so far his opposite-there is no way she could have confused the two. And I think that was the reason for her turning to Pete. Pete-basically was no dummy-he wanted her. period. And anyway he could get her, obviously. It was marriage made in divorce court.
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Just want to say
                        to all the newbies!!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood

[spoilers]Of course Pete knew Sam. After the events of Chimera, he probably had a telephone book sized file on her. [/spoiler]
                          Actually he couldn't know much because
                          Spoiler:
                          the FBI contact said her file was wiped clean. He only knows what she's shown him. I meant he knew that she was special--and in a different league altogether. But Sam only saw that he was a 'boyfriend' who liked her outside her work--and had the added bonus of knowing enough about her work that she didn't have to make things up. But the fact that she misjudged his reaction says a lot about how much of her idea of Pete was just a projection and that *she* never knew the real guy.

In my opinion,
                          Spoiler:
                          though, I can't imagine that either of them knew each other very well. I think that they were still at that very superficial, touchy-feely feel-good stage when he proposed. After hearing the comments he made during the break-up, I now know why he proposed so quickly. He probably figured that if he was ever going to have a chance with her that was the time.
                          On that I agree completely. He pretty much says so.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            Threads
                            Spoiler:
                            Actually, Sam mentioned that it had been a week since Daniel was missing. I don't know how much time since CJ, but I would say they had possibly been together for two weeks assuming they hit it off after their meeting. From the way Kerry spoke during the break-up, they had been together for some time; but not long enough to develop "deep" feelings unlike Pete. oops! Snark happens!
                            Threads
                            Spoiler:
                            HaHa. Seriously though, Jack and Kerry's relationship looked far more mature than Pete and Sam's relationship ever did, even if Jack and Kerry's was rather fledgling. Even with all of Jack's silliness, he still comes across as more mature than Pete ever did. Pete always appeared desperate to me - when he wooed Sam, when he followed her, when he moved to be near her so early in the relationship, etc. etc. In the end, he turned out looking more desperate for the relationship than she had in the beginning - and she was pretty bad at that point.
                            Last edited by Elfinwood; 10 February 2005, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliza1001
                              Hi everone.
                              This is my first post on the forum, but I have been lurking in the shadows for a while!!

Just wanted to give you my two-cents worth on Threads.
                              Overall I thought the episode was good. Of course I liked the Spoiler: 'Shipper moments' (and boy were they a long time coming), but I also enjoyed Daniel/Oma in the Diner and it proved to be a well rounded and entertaining 90 minutes.

Spoiler:
                              I do however have a sinking feeling about Moebius. I wouldn't put it past TPTB to completely ignore the semi-resolved Sam/Jack status and concentrate entiely on the AU Sam/Jack as a way of trying to appease all the fans.

I am also concerned about the comment from Jacob (I should have died 4 years ago). This seems to be a very fundamental mistake for TPTB to be making. Perhaps somehow this relates in some way to Moebius/time travel and to the twist that has been referred in the Behind the Gate Special.

What do you guys think?

Eliza
                              WELCOME ELIZA1001 have fun posting S/J ships this is the place.

Gatebee

Comment

I just had a thought...
                                Spoiler:
                                RDA said int he Behind the Gate special that you think Sam and Jack get together e.g Now after Threads, but then theres a twist, so what happens if everything that has happened in Threads is wiped out in Mobieus??

Damn i think i'm falling off my cloud, I need cookies.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Working...
                                X