X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    Well, I would think that would be a dead give away that Theads
    Spoiler:
    he didn't have feelings for her. After spending the night with Jack and only getting a kiss on the forehead or cheek, probably had Kerry thinking.
    That and the fact
    Spoiler:
    they had way too much clothes on if they had a really good evening! Maybe morning was the time but she got short changed?
    sigpic
    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Hi, Just a Fly-by post. I wanted to say

WELCOME

to all the new shippers and delurkers. And to all the still lurkers-How are all of you guys doing?(waving ). Come on in and post every once in a while, Its fun and everyone is friendly.

Everyone have a shippy day today.
      sigpic muppet the ship puppy is hoping for some good ship
      Hoping for some kisses and so on.

Comment

Threads
        Spoiler:
        You know I just have to say that I loved that last scene. The ref to why they haven't done this before... and the simple comfort and laughter.

Comment

Welcome to all the new shippers who have delurked! Enjoy the Shipper Family Thread!
          Still on a Threads
          Spoiler:
          ship induced high, still slightly fearful that moebius might press the reset button but... thinking logically, why would they bother to reset? Because the underlying issues which caused then end of Sam/Pete and Jack/Kerry would not have gone away, they'd put the characters back to miserably square one again.

I'm hoping for ship in Moebius! (not putting this in spoilers as it's a hope from my heart, not based on any information received etc).

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you to those in the UK who give us spoilers! Especially those at stargatedanielfriendly.net! I just "watched" Threads (read the transcript & saw the screencaps) & LOVED it! I pretty much got everything I wanted in one show. YAY!! All that was missing was a kiss!
            e7of7

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got." - Sheryl Crow

Comment

Hey shipper shippers!!!!

Mishy Mo and I had a really good discussion about threads
              Spoiler:
              and we both believe it was done to perfection.

We both have a good feeling about Moebius, and I think that the kiss may be real and NOT AU...after all...the fishing spoiler was wrong!

My Threads fic is on the way...expect a few chapters up today and tomorrow!

Suz
              xxxxxxxxxx

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                yes I did ..check my website

Caty
                sweet!

I think you should make one to All I ask of you or Point of No Return. (LoL that's a Stargate ep isn't it? )

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Rogue
                  Well, I would think that would be a dead give away that Theads SPOILERS
                  Spoiler:
                  he didn't have feelings for her. After spending the night with Jack and only getting a kiss on the forehead or cheek, probably had Kerry thinking.

Threads
                  Spoiler:
                  Jack kissed Kerry on the lips. It was a quick peck. To get technical, Jack kissed her with a quick, upper lip kiss. It was not a full lip kiss. I could send you a picture if you like. I could watch 'cus I liked Kerry and the kiss was not in any way passionate. Just a good-bye peck...which it was!

Originally posted by Zoser
                  That and the fact
                  Spoiler:
                  they had way too much clothes on if they had a really good evening! Maybe morning was the time but she got short changed?
                  Threads
                  Spoiler:
                  It was my impression that it wasn't their first encounter. To me, it felt like an established relationship. Thank goodness we didn't have to see anything passionate between them!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    Hey shipper shippers!!!!

Mishy Mo and I had a really good discussion about threads
                    Spoiler:
                    and we both believe it was done to perfection.

We both have a good feeling about Moebius, and I think that the kiss may be real and NOT AU...after all...the fishing spoiler was wrong!

My Threads fic is on the way...expect a few chapters up today and tomorrow!

Suz
                    xxxxxxxxxx

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    So hoping you are right about the kiss suekay… tho I think the entire thread will explode into oblivion if/when it happens!!!!!

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                      [/color]
                      Threads
                      Spoiler:
                      It was my impression that it wasn't their first encounter. To me, it felt like an established relationship. Thank goodness we didn't have to see anything passionate between them!!
                      Spoiler:
                      Nothing like Chimera, I hope!

lol I don't really do spoilers very often, should that be w/spoiler tags?

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                      Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

[/color]

Threads
                        Spoiler:
                        Jack kissed Kerry on the lips. It was a quick peck. To get technical, Jack kissed her with a quick, upper lip kiss. It was not a full lip kiss. I could send you a picture if you like. I could watch 'cus I liked Kerry and the kiss was not in any way passionate. Just a good-bye peck...which it was!

Threads
                        Spoiler:
                        How long were they Threads
                        Spoiler:
                        dating? He mentions having a meeting with her in CJ so they couldn't have been dating that long to act like a old married couple. Unless he was seeing her before CJ. Anyway I guess it doesn't really matter, she is history.
                        Last edited by Rogue; 10 February 2005, 07:02 AM.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Cheyenne
                          I dont remember either but would say Secrets or something along those lines heehee... BrenRen, i have to ask... where did you get the picture of Amanda And Rick hugging that is on your sig... i have all the others but not that one...
                          I LOVE THREADS... (even tho i haven't seen it)
                          The hugging pic is from the Lowdown that was played in the IK at tthe beginning of season eight. You know, the one all the US Shippers were up in arms over cos the Uk folks got those wonderful Shippy bits added in and we only got thanx to the magnificent Caty. As for exactly which site I got these from... That I haven't the foggiest. Wish I could be more help!

Love and hot fudge,
                          Bren Ren
                          Love and hot fudge,
                          Bren Ren
                          ~
                          My stories!
                          ~

sigpic

Comment

<snip>

Threads
                            Spoiler:
                            Threads
                            Spoiler:
                            Kerry said she wanted to get out of the relationship before she got too involved... it probably wasn't their first encounter, but that does imply that it wasn't exactly a fully established relationship either. Especially since they (presumably) only met just after CJ so they can't have been together more than a few weeks.

Comment

This is a quick comment on Sam and Jack resolution and Threads.
                              Spoiler:
                              I personally am satisfied with the Threads resolution. I would LOVE to have a real kiss, but I'm not expecting it. IMO, the Sam and Jack resolution was in perfect Stargate style. Subtle! It is definitely canon no matter what happens in Moebius. TPTB will not take back Threads. There is too much for them to lose like ALL credibility with ALL of the fan base. What was out of sync with Stargate style was Pete! The Pete storyline was completely out of step with Stargate. I don't have a problem with Kerry because her relationship with Jack was written in Stargate style because alot was left to the imagination; and it was over quickly. All the kisses we have been given between Sam and Jack have been in the context of Stargate. (virus, AU, time loop, hallucination within a hallucination) If there is a real kiss, I would like it to also be within the context of Stargate. Although, I was thinking that if Jack didn't jump Sam in the control room when they thought all life was ending and the self-destruct was counting down then I'm not sure Jack and Sam will EVER kiss. As far as saying the words, "I love you"; I don't see it happening. Maybe words like "We'll always be together" or "Nothing can separate us". I can't even picture a Stargate writer putting those words on paper. If it did, I would SQUEEEEE like a little girl and immediately put my order in for Season 8 boxset, but I'm not taking bets.

Whatever happens in Moebius, "I will always have Threads." (Bogart impression) There may be things that happen in Moebius that get erased, but IMHO it will be self-contained in Moebius.

Whew! I guess I had more to say than I thought.

Token ~

Comment

[/color]

Threads
                                Spoiler:
                                You're right. I went back and watched that scene in "Threads" again, and
                                Spoiler:
                                Jack did kiss Kerry on the lips. It wasn't a passionate kiss, but it was a very sweet and tender one--the sort my S.O gives me when he heads off to work in the morning.
                                Frankly, I think it speaks well of Jack.

Threads
                                Spoiler:
                                Well, yes. Whew. But, continuing my thought above,
                                Spoiler:
                                It looked to me like she was spending the night on a regular basis. I think it is consistent with Jack's character that once he decided he would be in a relationship with Kerry, that he would treat her with tenderness and respect.

And while I'm on the subject of "Threads" :

Spoiler:
                                There's been some discussion about the way Sam broke it off with Pete. At first, her comment "That's it?" seems a bit abrupt; however, there is another way to look at it. Someone else on another thread--or perhaps even another board--commented that her comment showed that she really didn't know Pete at all. I wish I could remember who it was because I thought it was an astute observation. Pete's comment indicates that he was surprised that Sam said yes, that he knew he was way in over his head, but that Sam "was worth the risk" of getting his heart broken.

Now, I know that many posters here have never gotten over the bad writing in "Chimera" and still considered him "Stalker Pete," but TPTB were doing everything they could to rehabilitate him in viewers eyes in Season 8. So it is interesting to compare Pete's reaction to Sam breaking up with him to Kerry's decision to get out fast. Except for the incident in "Affinity," Pete was isolated from the SGC--and even then he didn't go to the mountain or interact with O'Neill. So, while he could recognize that Sam really belonged with someone different than himself, he never got a chance to see who that someone might be. And Sam for her part must have kept him away from SGC personnel as much as possible. Pete's comments to Jacob/Selmak in the openning scenes show that he hasn't discussed Sam's father with her friends--or even her--very much. If he had, he wouldn't have made such a faux pas.

In contrast, Kerry is at the SGC on a regular basis. It only takes her a short while to realize that Jack's issues--and "one big ISSUE" <smiley face> as she says that she will not be able to "love--live--with." Kerry's Freudian slip shows that one face-to-face encounter between Sam and Jack was all it took for her to see that Jack was never going to love her the way she (Kerry) would love him. So, in that sense, Kerry was fortunate and got out early before she let herself fall in love.

But, to get back to the Sam/Pete break up scene. He's not surprised, and he lets her go without a fight. Sam is stunned that he doesn't try to find a way to keep them together. I mean, I would expect a guy to at least say something like "Can't we work this out?" I think she is also stunned that Pete realizes that her decision to break it off has nothing to do with Jacob's death.

In the end, the break up shows that Pete knew Sam, but that Sam never did know Pete.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
                                X