This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michelleb

Shipper on the verge of a nervous breakdown here...
    *rushes to find cookie*

How much of an emergency is this? Is it a Meimei Cookie one or the multicoloured, hallucinogenic one (no wait that is a Meimei cookie), what does the multicoloured one do? Have both! Wait, should you mix cookies?

Here! I've got triple chocolate cookie... sorry *wipes fluff off* it's a bit old but it's all I've got...

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
      You're talking about "The Other Guys" I think? Pat McKenna is a good comedian and probably a "national treasure" of Canada, but I prefer to see him as "Cousin Harold" on "The Red Greene Show" which I really don't watch but have surfed through a few times. The last scene with Sam fighting was funny I concede, but I believe in glowing eyes, ring transports and symbiote pouches before I believe Stargate Command would have someone like Felger working there, even in a comedy ep. Those two eps with him are probably two of my unfavorites along with "Space Race" (I mean of those eps that are supposed to be funny --won't name "those two" we don't name.) Wormhole X-treme I did like. But we're all fans, so I hope I can disagree about the Felger eps. Maybe I'm a party of one on that, I dunno.
      I don't know if anyone else answered this yet ...I was busy working yesterday and am just now getting back to the thread YAY!!!

But Pat McKenna was in BOTH *Avenger 2.0* and *The Other Guys* and the episode we are talking about that she was refering to was Avenger 2.0 were Felger daydreams a *Catfight* between Sam & his Lab Assistant, then Jack just sits bac and tells his to "shh and watch " Mei Mei did a whole post on the commentary as well for us. *The Other Guys* was an offworld adventure with the whole team on a ship and ended with Felger getting a medal and a kiss

And YES you can NOT like them There are *serious* episodes that I feel fell TOTALLY flat and not one of the actors hit their marks that day and I usually say what I think about that ....That doesn't make me any less of a fan just shows we all have different taste and expectations.

and I LOVE Pat on *Red Greene*
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
        We'll have to form a tiny subset of S/J shippers who like "A Hundred Days" because they see it as shippy. Maybe we can meet for coffee in Shippertown!

BTW: tried to give you a rep point, but apparently I have to zap someone else first.

Bucky
        Sounds great lol!! Can we have Shipper cookies too???
        Thanks! really appreciate the thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          both are just as likely

the problem with jack being a civilian boss....the rules apply to civilians working on a base just as they do military personnel

[...]

jack/daniel, or jack/teal'c for that matter is just as against the rules as jack/sam, sam/daniel, sam/teal'c

the only difference is that daniel can't be court martialed like she can.
          Is this right? How does that work with the upcoming
          Spoiler:
          Jack / Kerry thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
            I agree. Stargate has always had happy endings(excluding Heroes). The team always survives somehow, someway. I can't believe they would consider having a season 9 with
            Spoiler:
            AU Jack and Sam. I think most Stargate fans would not want that.
            Isn't the point of a moebius that if you go around twice, you end up back where you started? That would make
            Spoiler:
            the events of the busted timeline go away and bring them back to the original events, would it not?

Yasmin

Comment

Oh....
              Where are our
              Spoiler:
              shippy pics??
              I can't see any on Gateworld.

I'm all negative again now and convinced of no ship ending. Does't help that the spoiler mailing list I'm part of is very anti-ship and keeps sending me little reviews saying how wonderful NO S/J togetherness is...

I won't be online again for a bit. Got to go travelling for two days for a Uni interview..
              I was hoping S/J spoilers would be a good omen for me to take heart from for tomorrow. :sigh:

Comment

Just look at your motto, and remember..there haven't been any un shippy pics or spoilers...Just think, no news is good news, and keep filling in the gaps with your fic. That'll make you feel better.
                Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

That's what I love about this family!
                  Always willing to pick each other up!
                  (((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper family))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                  (((((((((((((((((((((((((MichelleB)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by Just the Zat's Ma'am
                    Today is a hard day . . .

But it occured to me last night as I was laying down how much I'm going to miss my wife today.
                    You sound like my husband! Hang in there - things will be as they should. And I think this was ship related...it shows why you are a shipper!

Also, I wanted to tell you that your sig pic is toooooooo funny!

(((((((((((((JTZM)))))))))))))))))))

S

Comment

Originally posted by Just the Zat's Ma'am
                      Today is a hard day . . .

This post is in no way related to Stargate or Ship of any nature, well . . . not a fictional ship anyway.

I've not been on as much as I was a while back, either in the chat room at night or on here during the day. Things have been quite busy since the little one has come along, and now something else.

Here in a little over an hour I'll be leaving for my first day of work. I've been out of work for about five months. Now you'd think I'd be itching to go back. But it occured to me last night as I was laying down how much I'm going to miss my wife today. For these past few months we've been through a lot together and gotten all the more closer. I'm amazed that after almost four years things still seem new. Everyone says that the magic wears off and that the first years are the hardest. Mind you with the loss of the twins and in some other things we've had some outside factors really hit us hard. But she and I have never 'really' fought or been mad at each other for any 'real' length of time. We fit, we work, it just happens for us.

As much as I need this job and the insurance, I'd give anything to be able to work from home. Perhaps some of my consulting work will turn into that, who knows.

And I don't know why I'm here telling you guys about it. Maybe I'm just trying to prove that not all guys think one way. Maybe I just needed to get it off my chest. Maybe I needed to tell the world how wonderful my wife is. She's like a drug, something I'm addicted too. Man I love her.

Thought I'd share . . . don't know why, but . . . eh, well I did.

JTZM (((((((HUGS to both of you and your little girl))))))))))) Your wife and your daughter are both very lucky

It is always wonderful to know that life's challenges can and HAVE been met with your PARTNER by your side in EVERY sense of the word

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your heart with us here and we may just have to start Shipping for you two
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Deborah
                        I know this ship has probably already sailed but...

The PTBs have always said that the kiss in Moebius is
                        Spoiler:
                        between the real Sam and Jack…BUT from what I’ve been reading, if our Sam and Jack are dead or the timeline has been changed to turn them into Dr Carter and Col/Gen O’Neill then the AU versions won’t be the AU versions after all, they’ll be the only Sam and Jack.

Thus confirming my original theory that the PTBs are very bad people, very bad.

Folks I hate to say it but it looks like we’ve been shafted again. I can’t see how
                        Spoiler:
                        altering timelines and showing the audience one possible version
                        progresses the story or the relationships between the characters.

Now the PTBs don’t have to concern themselves with how ambiguous to make the resolution scene, they just have to hit the RESET button.
                        I am confused about something........WHY would they have to be
                        Spoiler:
                        DEAD????? I mean THEY would KNOW they changed the future when they got back. I mean I understand that Daniel has different hair in the pictures and such BUT ...........let me lay this out in my own life
                        If I go back in time and change my own future - when I come back to the future I am still ME and I still know what I did AND I still have all MY OWN FEELINGS..... so timetravel has no bearing on THAT

I can see two sets of SG1 trying to fix different things but basic things are still always basic...... so I am wondering just what TPTB are up to.....

and I am with ALL who say if TPTB push a big re-set on the ship...I am gone..... Too many shows RECENTLY have shown that ship and Sci-Fi can be combined WELL without taking over the show it is up the the writers to do it WELL ......... so if they can't step up to the plate AFTER 8 YEARS........ I don't have time for them any longer or anything they are assoc with. TPTB need to write GOOD not commercial
                        Last edited by TameFarrar; 06 December 2004, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          I am confused about something........WHY would they have to be
                          Spoiler:
                          DEAD????? I mean THEY would KNOW they changed the future when they got back. I mean I understand that Daniel has different hair in the pictures and such BUT ...........let me lay this out in my own life
                          If I go back in time and change my own future - when I come back to the future I am still ME and I still know what I did AND I still have all MY OWN FEELINGS..... so timetravel has no bearing on THAT

I can see two sets of SG1 trying to fix different things but basic things are still always basic...... so I am wondering just what TPTB are up to.....

and I am with ALL who say if TPTB push a big re-set on the ship...I am gone..... Too many shows RECENTLY have shown that ship and Sci-Fi can be combined WELL without taking over the show it is up the the writers to do it WELL ......... so if they can step up to the plate AFTER 8 YEARS........ I don't have time for them any longer or anything they are assoc with. TPTB need to write GOOD not commercial
                          I don't know but I'm with Captain Janeway, time travel gives me a headache.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Tame,
                            Spoiler:
                            the speculation on S and J being dead comes from one of the pictures where *a* Daniel tells *a* Teal'c the rest of *his* SG-1 are dead.

To be honest, I'm confused as to exactly *who* this means... but there you go.

ETA:
                            This is what worries me about Moeb
                            Spoiler:
                            If the producers don't get it, how are we meant to get it? I mean, it just seems it's going to be another 'gate PTB spectacular 'write your own ending' end, where everything is so ambiguous and possibly AU anyway... that we don't have a clue if the right S/J ended up together/dead/with someone else.
                            Hence 'reset button' for S9, whatever their intentions this time around, they can change everything for next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                              Tame,
                              Spoiler:
                              the speculation on S and J being dead comes from one of the pictures where *a* Daniel tells *a* Teal'c the rest of *his* SG-1 are dead.

To be honest, I'm confused as to exactly *who* this means... but there you go.

ETA:
                              This is what worries me about Moeb
                              Spoiler:
                              If the producers don't get it, how are we meant to get it? I mean, it just seems it's going to be another 'gate PTB spectacular 'write your own ending' end, where everything is so ambiguous and possibly AU anyway... that we don't have a clue if the right S/J ended up together/dead/with someone else.
                              Hence 'reset button' for S9, whatever their intentions this time around, they can change everything for next year!
                              Somebody should take away their Dallas DVD's.

I swear if Jack comes out the shower next season only to be greeted by Sara (and not that I have anything against the woman)-I am going to be looking for a really really big stick and head for Vancouver.

Rosemary
                              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by yasmins
                                Is this right? How does that work with the upcoming
                                Spoiler:
                                Jack / Kerry thing?
                                The ONLY time the *regs* are an issue for Sam & Jack............ are
                                1) TPTB need a reason why they are NOT together
                                2) People who do NOT like Ship have a reason why Sam & Jack are not together
                                3) TPTB have to ANSWER a question regarding ship

WHEN are the regs NOT a an issue for the Sam & Jack ship

1) When TPTB have decided that they get IN THE WAY of a Story line

TPTB have no other reason to use the regs then as an excuse....and if they use Jack as wht you alluded to in your spoiler AND blow off everything....then we know for SURE they have been blowing smoke

Comment

Working...
                                X