This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by getcarter
    I've seen both commercials too - come on people - give us something to work with!!!! I think they are trying to downplay SG1 because of Atlantis right now.
    I remember when they advertised The Exorcist -dated myself, but I *was* a kid- and their ad was so subtle and effective. All they showed was a car pulling up to the house of the girl and her mom, and a man getting out of a car. It was night, with the only light shown being a street light; it felt spooky. *Fantastic* advertising, considering most commercials for movies give the entire movie away. So maybe they're purposely giving us so little to work with as to entise us even more. Or they're just lazy.<g>

Truth be told, I'm not overly enthusiastic about Atlantis. My husband is all gung ho but Sam and Jack are not going to be there so why bother?
    I'm not enthusiastic about it either, but I'll watch it because it's Stargate. I'm sure I'll get into it, but one of the main reasons I had 'some' interest in the cast was that Jessica Steen was in it. I loved her in Earth 2, so I would have watched any show she was in. There went that.<g> I know two others from the cast -McKay and the leader guy- but neither excite an interest. But I'll watch it. I didn't have an interest in the Stargate cast at first either. Didn't know anyone but RDA, and I wasn't that attracted to him when he was MacGyver. *dang mullet haircut* I was endeared to everyone in the two hour premier, so that was great.

I was thinking about Sam & Jack today at work (yes, I was working really hard...) and I thought about the comments that AT has been making. I still choose to think of them as positive comments even though Pete is involved in Season 8, after all she all but said she and Jack would end up together - so I'm going to take the optimistic route (which means I'll have them married with 3 kids by the end of the season.) Ok, I'll settle for a REAL kiss where everyone remembers and some great scenes for our resident ship video experts out there.

I see them as optimistic too. Amanda's the only one of them giving us any ship-related spoilers, and they're *great* spoilers too! Yeah, the bf's there, but so is S/J ship!!!

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

isn't it the network that's responsible for the commercials? i know the ones on sky one are extremely limited (and most of the time non existant) and the ones on channel 4 are... no wait sorry, there aren't any on channel 4. plus they only show it on a sunday afternoon (new episodes, on a show called t4, with presenters who actually refered to sam carter as he i kid you not) or in the middle of the night (old episodes).
      over here its definitely the networks fault about the quality and quantity of commercials, so i'm guessing its not the SG PTB's fault about the crappy ads you guys are getting.

just to stay on topic, about the channel 4 thing. last i heard jack wasn't gay. he was in love with a woman called sam carter. or did i miss a memo?

Comment

Originally posted by Star Gate Barbie aka Cookie Monster
        i. like. big. cookies and i cannot lie. you other monsters can't deny. when a ship sails in with a cargo full of cookies and RDA at. the. wheel, i get SPRUNG!
        ok so that didn't really go very well, but its all true!
        and i can't really get into the whole wine and cookies thing because, a) i don't drink and b) it just reminds me of a box of wine with a duck on the front, which reminds me of someone/thing i'd rather not think of, which reminds me of vomiting.

OMG This was TOOOO FUNNNY I am dieing over here I had to go back and read (sing it) again..... Cookie Monster YAY!!! that was ingenius!!
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

i'll watch atlantis (or at least give it a shot) because its brad wright. look at how much great stuff he's given us. including some great shippy bits. and didn't he have a large part in starting the ball rolling in terms of cannonising the s/j ship?

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar

OMG This was TOOOO FUNNNY I am dieing over here I had to go back and read (sing it) again..... Cookie Monster YAY!!! that was ingenius!!
            why thank you. i like your smiley.
            and i meant every word/lyric. hey maybe one of our vid makers would want to do something with that one?

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              isn't it the network that's responsible for the commercials? i know the ones on sky one are extremely limited (and most of the time non existant) and the ones on channel 4 are... no wait sorry, there aren't any on channel 4. plus they only show it on a sunday afternoon (new episodes, on a show called t4, with presenters who actually refered to sam carter as he i kid you not) or in the middle of the night (old episodes).
              over here its definitely the networks fault about the quality and quantity of commercials, so i'm guessing its not the SG PTB's fault about the crappy ads you guys are getting.

just to stay on topic, about the channel 4 thing. last i heard jack wasn't gay. he was in love with a woman called sam carter. or did i miss a memo?

SciFi is the one promoting Stargate here, and they usually promote the crap out of everything. SciFi had clips from Season 8 on its promo for the 2004 SciFi season so it makes me wonder if they are lazy or smart. <g> Time will tell.

Token ~

Comment

Tame, I thought you left us. How come it looks like you're logged out? Or are you just coming and going?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                  I can not tell you how much I missed you people. I, like the rest of you have been trying to get on for the last two days. I live in fear that even when I am through with this message,that I will get the error message again.
                  I know the feeling! And I missed my shipper family too. *was only without shipper family for about 24 hours, but it felt like 24 years*

*hugs shipper family*

My head is telling me to be very cautious about getting excited about any ship for season 8 between Jack and Sam, but my heart, my heart is hoping, hoping, hoping for a ton of ship (a girl can dream).
                  I like the way you put that. Head's telling us to proceed with caution, but the heart's throwing a shipper party and blowing kisses.

I hope we get alot of advance warning for when Pete will be on so I can decide what I want to do. Maybe what I will do is miss the first airing of it and watch the second after I hear the responses on this forum, kind of what I do when our UK friends get it before us. I honestly don't think my heart or head can handle any more of Pete. Isn't it over yet??????????? .
                  Tell me about it. The last year and a half of this show, and we have to put up with this kind of stress and heart break.

Even when the US gets the eps first, the peeps on the east coast see it before me -I'm west coast. So, I get advanced warning on things. I'm going to watch the eps no matter how horribly heart breaking they are, but I 'still' want warning on just 'how' horrible the pain will be. I'm a masochist.<g>

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                    I guess also I don't want to be forced to like Atlantis just like we are being forced to like you know who. I'm rebeling and am proud of it.

The first thing that popped into my head when I read that was that it would be SO easy to make SO many fans happy, and shoving PS and Atlantis at us is not it. Anti-shippers want Daniel and Jack/Daniel scenes, and shippers want Sam/Jack scenes. Don't try to entise us with new toys, just give us back the one's we've had, and give them back to us unbroken! *takes deep breath* Okay, done with freak out number five. Oh, that sounds like a new perfume.

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                      Tame, I thought you left us. How come it looks like you're logged out? Or are you just coming and going?
                      I am the *invisible* Shipper one of the perks I think NOT!!
                      I am just listed as invisible so I can lurk in other areas and not be attacked
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                        I wonder what the chances are of having technical difficulties everytime Pete shows on screen in season 8 like we have had at Gateworld for the last couple of days.It would be such a shame to miss Pete's appearances in Season 8.

Oh, wouldn't that be a shame to miss PS's appearances! ... NOT.

It has always be tough to wait for Sam and Jack to get together because of the regs or 99.9% of male guest stars falling for Sam but when Pete showed up in Chimera I lost just about all patience I had left for waiting.

Even though I knew there'd be a naked bed scene, I thought it was going to be like Sam/Joe in 2010. I guess because Sam and Joe were supposed to be quite settled in their relationship, I found their ship quite easy to take. Not with Sam and PS. It was ultra shippy and ultra romantic.... and ultra heart-breaking. Igg.

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          I am the *invisible* Shipper one of the perks I think NOT!!
                          I am just listed as invisible so I can lurk in other areas and not be attacked
                          Ahhh....and just what have you been up to?

You mean people just attack you because they see your there? I can understand if it was Ship Daddy but why would anyone else attack you? Your so lovable and positive and Shipperific!!!

(Ok..Ok...I'll put the gray cookies away. )

Token ~

Comment

Okay Shipper Family we have a new theory on the commercials. Hubs has now seen both of them and has an *ENTIRELY* different view on them (go figure)
                            His theory - Similar to the NFL or Nascar theme *Are Ya Ready for (Fill In the Blank*
                            He feels that the commercial is showing that these people are SO READY for Star Gate Season 8 that they are seeing the gate in everyday household things, i.e. the refrigerator, the garage. THAT is HOW READY they are for Star Gate.

so there it is...if you agree...well say so quietly I don't want him to be right too often.. I have invested YEARS explaining to him I am ALWAYS right

Comment

Ahhh....and just what have you been up to?

You mean people just attack you because they see your there? I can understand if it was Ship Daddy but why would anyone else attack you? Your so lovable and positive and Shipperific!!!

(Ok..Ok...I'll put the gray cookies away. )
                              Have I told you just how much I LOVE you (in a platonic non yellow shipper cookie way)

Comment

Ahh! It's so nice to be back with the family! Since I couldn't get on the forum, I was checking out the nominations for 2004 Stargate SG-1 Ship Fiction Awards. It's the next best thing to being here. There's good stuff there! Anyway, I came across an interesting, short, funny fic that will interest all those who love the yellow shipper cookies Ship Nana cooks for us. (if you know what I mean ) I was cracking up as I read it thinking about all our conversations here.

You can find the author's webpage here:
                                http://home.comcast.net/~lytarules/

The fic is PG and called:
                                Unnamed Parody by Lyta
                                Hi all,
                                It has been a BEAR to get on this forum!! Token, thanks for posting this link -- her fic is terrific!!

I'll just be reading tonight (the forum problems actually helped me catch up on some work reading!)--talk with everyone tomorrow...

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X