This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucky
    Excellent point, Sally. I don't 'enjoy' "A Hundred Days" either, but I have the same analysis: this is a very shippy episode--very canon shippy episode because it establishes that Sam cares "a lot more that she's supposed to." She's hurt at the end, but there's nothing she can do or say. Very wrenching for this viewer. And, much as I did *not* want to see Jack with Laira, I felt sorry for him.

Bucky

I've stated before that I don't enjoy this episodes. I don't like Laira and I don't like seeing Jack with her. But I did feel sorry for Jack and I believe that he felt lost and alone. Alone because when you think about it, that was a different life style completely, away from everyone he knew. And unlike Daniel Jackson staying on Abydos, he wasn't staying by choice or to be with the one he loves. He was stuck and away from the one he 'cared more for that he was supposed to'. The shippy moments are there to see and I do think the episode adds to the "cannoness" of the S/J ship, which I like to see. And Laira, who is really pitiful in a way, was only doing what any single living woman would most likely do if someone like Jack showed up. But even knowing all this, it just makes my skin crawl to watch Laira luring Jack into her web.
    sigpic
    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
      ((((((meimei))))))))
      *staggers off mumbling about glass houses and stones.......*
      Yes KG! Good point!!

wuvs KG and meimei.....(((((((((KG and Meimei)))))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
        Sam enjoying confused Jack

[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/shiawmeimei/MeiMeiSG1Caps/215MatterofTimeJackConfusedSamSmiling.jpg[/img]
        This pic should be placed along side the sig pic of ? (for the life of me I can't find it) that suggests why Sam left Pete. The hussies will know what I'm talking about!!
        sigpic
        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

*LoL*

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
          Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
            This pic should be placed along side the sig pic of ? (for the life of me I can't find it) that suggests why Sam left Pete. The hussies will know what I'm talking about!!
            LOL ooooooooooooo yeh
            Carolyn

Comment

Ah, that would be Just the Zats, Ma'am's sig pic??? I think....

Comment

I just love this one Mei Mei!

I enjoy this ep very much...but especially the last scene....when they talk of going home....

S

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                  I've stated before that I don't enjoy this episodes. I don't like Laira and I don't like seeing Jack with her. But I did feel sorry for Jack and I believe that he felt lost and alone. Alone because when you think about it, that was a different life style completely, away from everyone he knew. And unlike Daniel Jackson staying on Abydos, he wasn't staying by choice or to be with the one he loves. He was stuck and away from the one he 'cared more for that he was supposed to'. The shippy moments are there to see and I do think the episode adds to the "cannoness" of the S/J ship, which I like to see. And Laira, who is really pitiful in a way, was only doing what any single living woman would most likely do if someone like Jack showed up. But even knowing all this, it just makes my skin crawl to watch Laira luring Jack into her web.
                  Blueiris..... I think you have said mainly all of the same things I feel when watching that episode.

There are ASPECTS between Sam & Jack that I liek but again TPTB can't seem to write an outside character without putting a *bit* of the control icky factor in them and Laira DEFINITELY made my skin crawl. My rationale logical side can justify all of her actions.....BUT that is not where this relationship was supposed to be heading in the minds of TPTB and not the road they were taking us down....... We were supposed to accept this woman for Jack and again it would have been believable had she not had that *little bit* of sneak and slime factor written in by TPTB...... So all I can do is believe that THEY never wanted us as the audience to ever fully accept her and of course you had the OBVIOUS scenes of Sam killing herself to get Jack back.

The only scene I too will NEVER fully understand is Jack just turning his back on Sam mid-sentence........ There are just some days I think the writers had to have had some fights with their wives and then they live vicariously through Jack
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    The only scene I too will NEVER fully understand is Jack just turning his back on Sam mid-sentence........ There are just some days I think the writers had to have had some fights with their wives and then they live vicariously through Jack

lol - I hope those writers have made nice nice with the wives since then.
                    sigpic
                    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Ah, that would be Just the Zats, Ma'am's sig pic??? I think....
                      Yup, that's the one.
                      I don't know how to place the images side by side for a...umm...sizing.
                      (Who am I kidding I can't do anything with images but look at them)
                      sigpic
                      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        Blueiris..... I think you have said mainly all of the same things I feel when watching that episode.

There are ASPECTS between Sam & Jack that I liek but again TPTB can't seem to write an outside character without putting a *bit* of the control icky factor in them and Laira DEFINITELY made my skin crawl. My rationale logical side can justify all of her actions.....BUT that is not where this relationship was supposed to be heading in the minds of TPTB and not the road they were taking us down....... We were supposed to accept this woman for Jack and again it would have been believable had she not had that *little bit* of sneak and slime factor written in by TPTB...... So all I can do is believe that THEY never wanted us as the audience to ever fully accept her and of course you had the OBVIOUS scenes of Sam killing herself to get Jack back.

I still am trying to figure out why he asked her to come back with him. He didn't love her but he was willing to bring her back and make a committment to her. At this point he didn't know whether she was pregnant or not. Just because they didn't use protection, doesn't guarantee a pregnancy. It not like they had this romantic relationship going on.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

HEY PEOPLES!

whats hapening..
                          Avenger 2.0 was on here Thursday...i love it, i know not shippy, but still a funny ep. The last scene is great!!

C. Joe pics no where to be found..
                          which eps do people really want MORE pics of?, i really dont mind as long as there is some s/j interaction!

Toodles,
                          Lurve, Bee
                          "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
                          http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
                          http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Bee
                            HEY PEOPLES!

whats hapening..
                            Avenger 2.0 was on here Thursday...i love it, i know not shippy, but still a funny ep. The last scene is great!!

C. Joe pics no where to be found..
                            which eps do people really want MORE pics of?, i really dont mind as long as there is some s/j interaction!

Toodles,
                            Lurve, Bee
                            I have the opinion that they are not going to show us any shippy pics, especially shippy pics after Threads. That would give away the ship resolution.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                              I still am trying to figure out why he asked her to come back with him. He didn't love her but he was willing to bring her back and make a committment to her. At this point he didn't know whether she was pregnant or not. Just because they didn't use protection, doesn't guarantee a pregnancy. It not like they had this romantic relationship going on.
                              I think that his request and the scene with her hands over her abdomen were the writers setting up the possibility of returning to Edora. Thank heaven that didn't happen.
                              sigpic

Comment

I think that his request and the scene with her hands over her abdomen were the writers setting up the possibility of returning to Edora. Thank heaven that didn't happen.
                                Yeah, I still think her and Pete would make a great couple.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X