This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickatell
    Also, I am not so sure that TPTB intended to bring Pete back, that is until all the response they have been getting about him. Remember positive or negative publicity is still publicity and I think they are just capitalizing on it.
    Oh, I think the powers intended to bring him back from the moment they wrote Chimera. Look how it ended. Whether we ever saw him, as opposed to just 'hearing' about him, it wouldn't matter because he'd still be around nonetheless. They knew what they were doing, and we got him. Ya -*yawn*- y.

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Glad to see the forum has once again arisen from the ashes

I really don't think there will be a whole lot of time for there to a *whole lot* of Ship in the Season Opener but I also believe that we will see *Our Couple* happy. Sam Happy that Jack is alive and well. And Jack happy that Sam is okay and he can actually *do* something for her. As much as we all want the *big moments* I think TPTB will drag this out till the last possible moment.

BUT My Shipper Glass of milk is HALF FULL ( to go with my shipper assorment of cookies) and I have faith that we won't be disappointed in the end.
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Oh. My. God. I've been trying for EVER to get in this bloody forum! Yesterday I was on, but as soon as I hit reply... it all went downhill from there.<g> I got on today, but it took about an hour, and then about two hours to just go to the next page. And I couldn't reply! *takes deep breath* I'm here now, and I'm going to reply to EVERYTHING ever written since the dawn of time!... or just a few posts that I'd saved. K, done venting, now off to TRY to post.

~~~

Originally posted by Tame
        My attitude is "Hey it is the Season opener" I have no major expectations for any Sam & Jack resolutions and I am just looking forward to some good StarGate.
        I think we as shippers can see the chemistry more often than not, that is not always intentional and I can't see there being NO interaction between Sam & Jack. I mean Heck the guy WILL BE UNFROZEN Sam isn't going to just walk by and go "Oh Hiya Jack"
        I think we are all setting ourselves up here with WAY TOO MANY EXPECTATIONS. Lets just let the show start, see what is going to happen and go from there. So what if is going to be around.... WE KNOW who Sam *really* loves. But we just have to be patient and just let things unfold.
        I know what you mean about setting myself up with too many expectations. What I'm hoping for -besides the 'Jack shining moment' thinger in New Order 2- is that there's a bit of ship between them in the season premier. With how Sam acted/reacted at the end of LC2, it seems logical that 'some' of the ship angst would need to be seen in the following ep. And New Order(s) 'are' the following eps.

Sally *crosses fingers that this post goes through*
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skydiver

as to pete, i have to wonder if he's a personification of sam's personal drive. by that i mean, i think

ooh, grace - chimera spoilers.
          .i think sam came off prometheus with a motto of 'i'm gettign a real life or bust' and threw herself whole heartedly into it. I think she was bound and determined to get a 'real life' and pete was the guy that came along at just the right time.

I have a funny feeling, that, as s8 progresses, she's going to lose some of her impetusiousness and slow down and start to take a long hard look at her decisions

what will come from that, who knows, but i do think that she will reflect a bit

Oh, Denise, I sure hope so!!! What makes you think she'll reflect?

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            WOW....BCM... I thought you had me on *ignore*
            I would never do that to you *crosses fingers behind back*

Actually I don't have anyone on my ignore list. I tried it one or twice but I kept wanting to see what the person had said I'm just to curious for my own good
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              there have been a lot of scenes cut out for time. and i wish they'd get it into thier thick skulls and put them on the dvd's where there are no time constrants
              I think they're waiting untill the show has ended and then they're going to release a blooper/missing scenes DVD(s) or at least I really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope they do
              (Although frankly I'd rather the missing scenes be in the episode on the DVDs.

Or maybe they'll put out a Directors Cut Edition for each season, however I don't want to buy them all over again, but I'll bet they make us just to squeeze more money from us.
              ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by twisted angel (sam rules)

Oh btw I have been reading your latest posts (and everyone else’s) about these dream sequences. And I do agree. Although I am not getting my hopes up so much because I know I will be so disappointed if Jack is not in it. But TPTB need to give us something otherwise we all will be going crazy . I think I need one of ShipNanas cookies.

~Tracey~

It 'would' be nice to get a juicy S/J related spoiler. But Amanda has been saying some good stuff, so we have that. In fact, ALL the good stuff we've heard is from her.

Another reason why I think we have a good chance at seeing the 'Jack vision' thinger in New Order 2 is that that scene would *very* much alter the subtext of Sam's experience. It seems important S/J ship-minded, if that's the intent the show wants to give. Some of the other scenes that have been cut don't drastically change or alter an ep, but adding this Jack scene would change the significance of Sam's experience. I'm still holding out for this scene, but I'll also adopt everyone else's reasonable approach... not. But I'll try!<g>

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler Space s8 "New Order"

Originally posted by Token
                  I hate to sound naive;but if we don't know who he is, how can we evaluate his information? Is this something common in on-line fandom that people are just believed to be accurate? I'm really just trying to understand how things work so to speak.
                  That's a fair question. We don't know that he's seen anything, he could be making it up off the top of his head. However, I'll believe him until I'm given a reason not to, thus I'll err on the side of caution and not expect a scene.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by ses110

I will be very upset if we do not get a good Shipper scene between Sam and Jack in New Order.After Lost City and seven years of Ship there is no excuse not to have one.
                    I'm just hoping the Sam-angst we saw in LC2 will be carried over to the season premier. That whole 'will Jack die, I can't stand to lose him' scenario really needs closure. A good look or glance between one another will suffice.

I think with RDA'S reduce schedule it is very difficult to stay positive as far as Jack and Sam ship.
                    I think there's a good chance for some, for just that reason. Not Jack's reduced time, but that more eps are supposed to take place on Earth and the SGC, so that'll give us more Jack moments... which can be good for some Sam/Jack moments too.

I do not feel a sense of urgency with TPTB to resolve the Sam and Jack relationship.
                    Me either, but all shows are like that. *mumbles about bloody writers*

Sally, *so* happy to be playing with her shipper family!!!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                      Spoiler Space s8 "New Order"

That's a fair question. We don't know that he's seen anything, he could be making it up off the top of his head. However, I'll believe him until I'm given a reason not to, thus I'll err on the side of caution and not expect a scene.

Well, one thing "he" said was that both Pete and his chin would be in the episode. And, that to me is funny, as DDL made me think of Leno. But seriously, how does one get to see an unfinished episode? Is he an employee who's also a fan and can't wait to blab on the internet? A friend of an employee who sneaked him in to watch it? I'll admit I have no idea how these things work but I do know years before the internet some things got out, albeit at a slower rate, even with vows of secrecy ala Lucasfilm. Wish someone would write a "tell-all" book, "How I got Sci-fi show secrets."

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                        I would never do that to you *crosses fingers behind back*

Actually I don't have anyone on my ignore list. I tried it one or twice but I kept wanting to see what the person had said I'm just to curious for my own good
                        Ahh...... the proverbial curiosity killed the post , crack myself up.
                        Actually, I was just missing some of our discussions and wanted to razz you a little
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Huraah! It's only taken 2 days but I finally managed to get in. I've not had time to read any of the posts I've missed (eating toast whilst doing your nails and trying to get ready for work is not easy - although, Wonderwoman that she is I bet Sam could do it no problem).

I'm just writing a little plea to Caty - I heard Britney Spears new song 'Everytime' yesterday on the radio whilst driving home from work and all of a sudden I started seeing all my favourite S/J shippy scenes in my mind - all the other drivers must have thought I was bonkers sat in a traffic jam with a *HUGE* big grin on my face !! I think it would make a great song for one of your videos (if I had any technical wizardry I'd try myself, but I'm useless):

Sam needs Jack to help her *fly*

Her weakness (and we all know who that is !) has caused him pain

She can't stop thinking about Jack - even though she's been trying so hard - and finally realises that she *needs* him to carry on and be the strong person that she is....

If you get a chance to hear it - please? I'm sorry if I'm just repeating myself and somebody else has suggested it, but like I said I've not had time to actually read any other posts today (although I did try to speed read some, without much success )

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                            But seriously, how does one get to see an unfinished episode? Is he an employee who's also a fan and can't wait to blab on the internet?
                            Sometimes they send unfinished episodes to the press when the episode isn't done by the time they want to fire up the great publicity machine.
                            *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Hooray! I finally got on-line. I've been trying for two days to reach this thread. Thought that I would be waaay behind on all of the posts, but it seems that everyone here has been having the same troubles - there is only one page more than the last time I was here. Hope Gateworld gets this problem sorted out soon, 'cause we're only a few weeks away from the season's premiere. What are we all going to do if the Shipper Family can't converse?!!

Comment

Ahh! It's so nice to be back with the family! Since I couldn't get on the forum, I was checking out the nominations for 2004 Stargate SG-1 Ship Fiction Awards. It's the next best thing to being here. There's good stuff there! Anyway, I came across an interesting, short, funny fic that will interest all those who love the yellow shipper cookies Ship Nana cooks for us. (if you know what I mean ) I was cracking up as I read it thinking about all our conversations here.

You can find the author's webpage here:
                                http://home.comcast.net/~lytarules/

The fic is PG and called:
                                Unnamed Parody by Lyta

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X