This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Ship Nana!
    I can become very addicted to that warm and fuzzy shippy haze!
    What happens when you combine yellow and orange?
    Has anyone experimented? Come on I won't tell!
    Chris- I can feel my snarkiness coming back!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      I'm replying to the same post again because this just popped into my mind after I'd already hit send.

Don't you think the spoilers so far have been rather stark? And look at the pics released. Do they really give anything away? They're so vague that... *sigh* I think it's being done on purpose, and I think it has to do with what Darren said a few weeks ago about spoiling the show with spoilers and such. I don't know if I like this. I feel we're being inundated with Atlantis stuff, but Stargate is being hidden behind a mask or something. Like Stargate fans need anymore irritations than we've already got. What do you guys think?

Sally
      i think that no spoilers are good spoilers. it helps to fight my addiction if they don't tell us anything. the only spoilers i really want for this season are ones about pete, just so that i can be prepared. thats really the only thing that i want to have advanced warning of. hopefully it'll be somewhat shippy between sam and jack, but if you recall, last season there were several false spoilers going around (especially about s/j) and a lot of us were expecting and if not expecting (which i wasn't really) then hoping for (which i was) some nice shippy moments that never happened, or some character appearances that never happened and so on.
      to me the best shippy moments are the unexpected ones (with the exception of the kiss from grace, which was expected but not expected to be that good! wow) like the ones in metamorphosis or the really lovely, little moments in evolution or the very vague one in forsaken. i hadn't had any reports on those ones and they made me very happy, especially metamorphosis because it was something of a nod back to season 4's beneath the surface which is another episode that i loved, but also contained another classic shippy moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        Yes ..the pics look really great and Jack is up and about shooting somebody with the rest of the team.....I suppose on his way to rescue naked Sam.. I hope he'll give her a hand to exit the transparent tube ...that would be nice ...then she can fall in his arm ala Scully in the x-files movie. Wonder if he has a spare set of clothes on him..to give her ..That's what mulder did. or may be he'll find a blanket somewhere to wrap her up with. The last one would be really sweet to see. I'd like that.

Caty aka ShipDiva

That's it!!!! It's all in his backpack. I always wondered what was in that darned backpack he has carried around for 7+ seasons. He has had that blanket and extra set of Sam's clothes but TPTB never gave him an opportunity to use them. Well now he has it.

You know what else he carries in that backpack? Hmmmmmm?

Yes!

It's Sam's Engagement Ring!!!!!

And here it is just in case everyone forgot what it looked like.

Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          But.....the ship will never take over the show ..it never had before .....Stargate is not a soap opera ..

It's like the x-files , Farscape ...ect ..just a good sci fi show with great sci-fi stories ..and exceptional chemistry with the actors and the characters..I just love the romance in sci-fi series ...it's very exciting because it's always dangerous.

Why do you think the x-files was so popular for like 7 years ...the CHEMISTRY between Mulder and Scully , the romance ....the beautiful partnership... amongst brillliant sci-fi stories.

Well it's the same for Sam and Jack except they are part of a team too....
          But between Sam and Jack ..there is a big complicity....secrets that they even kept to each other without telling Hammond..ect....

It's complete trust...trust means Love ...you trust , you love ..you love ...you trust...

Sam and Jack = Love and trust .

Caty aka ShipDiva
          I absolutely agree with you. But you know if TPTB had not chickened out and had continued the ship and gotten Sam and Jack together in a previous season, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. It would have only been a natural progression of their relationship, not soap operaish and we all would have enjoyed it and moved on. Their relationship would have been a natural part of the show in the background with the team dynamics, relationships and exciting action stories taking the foreground.
          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            gotta say, i've seen the a few (only a few i swear!) of the new pics from Gate World for season 8, and i am loving sams hair (and teal'cs), she's looking pretty dang good.
            and just to keep this on topic, i bet jack will love it too

and no i'm not very good at this staying spoiler free business.

I noticed her hair also. Definitely longer than it has been recently. I like it but I thought that the Air Force didn't like it long!
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie

rda and at really do have great chemistry, and it would really be unforgivable for TPTB to have devoted 7 years to building up that chemistry and that great potential relationship, and not go anywhere with it. to just let the entire relationship die down and fizzle out would just be bad for the show. they started it and they should finish it. in a good way. not the bad way! (the bad way is by killing it, if you're reading this PTB )

I think, for me, what would be worse than not having Sam and Jack end up together is to have Sam and PS end up together instead! Talk about insult to injury.

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
                What happens when you combine yellow and orange (shipper cookies)?

ME!

Make of that what you will....

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

The ONLY thing I've seen him say and give away, so to speak, was something he'd said a few months ago - and it's become my staple sigline on the samjack list.

From RDA interview re avenues for S8 -

"There are some relationship aspects
                  that haven't been examined fully or
                  completely, or resolved in any way,
                  shape or form... I guess the titillating
                  aspect of the ongoing tap-dance that
                  O'Neill and Carter have been playing
                  with really does need to be addressed."

That quote has continued to be my lighthouse in the storm. There are things here and there that sustain me through this crappy bf storyline, but they're few and far between. RDA's quote is something I return to frequently to soothe my worries.

Sally, who had a crappy day at work... and is having an even crappier time at home.
                  Oh Aunty Sally!!!

Sorry about your day!

Everyone, Aunty Sally needs shipper HUGS!!!!

Com'ere

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Aunty Sally)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                  Ship Nana

Comment

I'm replying to the same post again because this just popped into my mind after I'd already hit send.

Don't you think the spoilers so far have been rather stark? And look at the pics released. Do they really give anything away? They're so vague that... *sigh* I think it's being done on purpose, and I think it has to do with what Darren said a few weeks ago about spoiling the show with spoilers and such. I don't know if I like this. I feel we're being inundated with Atlantis stuff, but Stargate is being hidden behind a mask or something. Like Stargate fans need anymore irritations than we've already got. What do you guys think?

Sally

I think you are correct. If you notice just about every week we get new preview clips from Atlantis but absolutely NOTHING and I mean NOTHING for Stargate.

Whassuup with that?!

Maybe they are just trying to keep as much under wraps as possible. But it would be nice to get just a little something to help keep us going!!!!
                    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana

You know what else he carries in that backpack? Hmmmmmm?

Yes!

It's Sam's Engagement Ring!!!!!

And here it is just in case everyone forgot what it looked like.

Ship Nana... you're so sweet. Here I thought you were referring to something nasty, but you wowed me with your sweetness and sentimentality. Thank you. (just thought I'd tell you that.)

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
                        Thank you Ship Nana!
                        I can become very addicted to that warm and fuzzy shippy haze!
                        What happens when you combine yellow and orange?
                        Has anyone experimented? Come on I won't tell!
                        Chris- I can feel my snarkiness coming back!

Snarkiness is a good thing!!! Keep it up, at the very least it's alot more fun!!!!!
                        Ship Nana

Comment

Oh Aunty Sally!!!

Sorry about your day!

Everyone, Aunty Sally needs shipper HUGS!!!!

Com'ere

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Aunty Sally)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sally, feeling better already.

ps - You said 'com'ere'... you know what that does to me...
                          Last edited by majorsal; 04 June 2004, 07:01 PM. Reason: if i tell you, i'd have to kill you
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Ship Nana... you're so sweet. Here I thought you were referring to something nasty, but you wowed me with your sweetness and sentimentality. Thank you. (just thought I'd tell you that.)

Sally

I will not rest until that ring is on her finger!!!!!

A girl can dream, can't she?!
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                              I'm very hopeful for s8 and I think it is going to be shippy, but I'm keeping my expcetations of how much and what and which episodes low so that I'm not (too) disapointed

I'd rather be pleasantly surprised then terribly let down
                              Yes, I agree. That's why I'm trying to stay unspoiled. Well, as best I can. We are not as good as we should be about spoiler space.

Token ~

Comment

Snarkiness is a good thing!!! Keep it up, at the very least it's alot more fun!!!!!
                                Oooh, can we have a Snarkiness cookie for all those times we need to vent?? What color would it be Ship Nana??

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X