This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    There's a quotation (Shakespeare I think). "Methinks (s)he does protest too much." There's something about these remarks of AT that makes me think she is overdoing it in praising PS for a reason. Either on her own because she has the idea that dislike of PS is dislike of DDL, or...

I 'think' AT knows that DDL was disappointed in his character not being accepted or liked, and she's protective of him. I also 'think' she's defending this bf storyline because she wants to do it so badly. 7 years of playing Sam the same way might be making her very hungry for something different. And, this 'is' an interesting thing for her character to go through. What's getting us, though, is that we want her to play it with Jack!<g>

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

K, The Sam/Jack Ship Discussion Thread V!!

Sam loves Jack.

Jack loves Sam.

WE love THEM loving each other!!!

Sally
      Last edited by majorsal; 13 June 2004, 03:10 PM. Reason: stupidy
      sally

sigpic

Comment

This is from the last thread #997

Originally posted by getcarter
        Wow, that was.....do you really think she is in love with him? I saw it more as an "I can't have the one man I truly love so I'm just gonna roll around in they hay with you for a few minutes".
        I saw it more as "I'm going to move on if it kills me." Which could actually explain some of her wierd behavior. She's so wants to make this "moving on" thing work that she's willing to forgive anything

Seriously though I think that she has put up such walls around her heart and maybe this experience will open her up a bit so she could realize what she is missing. Even though I don't support the relationship with (gag!) I do think that this will make her realize that she is only using him as a substitute for the real deal - at least that's what I hope she's gonna do.
        I'm hoping what will happen is that she'll let down her guard with Jack because she's seeing Pete and she wont be worried about how her relationship with Jack is seen, because she's "moved on". And because she's comfortable with him again she'll finally realize that he's what she's been looking for.
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          Everyone, ignore this thread. I'm not a mod and can't shut down the previous thread from posting. So, ignore this and hopefully a mod with delete it. I can't delete this thread... hmm. Anyhoo, sorry.
          Sally
          I waited for a mod to start this, so I'm doing it myself. I was going to number it adding on where we left off on the old forum, but I'm not a mod and didn't know if I could do it.
          K, The Sam/Jack Ship Discussion Thread V!!

Sam loves Jack.

Jack loves Sam.

WE love THEM loving each other!!!

Sally
          I just wanted to post something before it got shut down...and if it doesn't well then for once I was number 3
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

A gallon, Tame? Only over-indulge in shipper cookies, hon!

I think the powers and Amanda are getting a lot of anti-bf/Chimera letters, so maybe all the press and talk about him is because of that.

Sally

ps - I keep expecting a new thread to start???
            Well It was Di's fault she gave me a cuppa (and it holds a gallon, play on her words)

CG cookies don't do it for me....:: Shrug:::: But wine I have plenty of and after a little while I can even IMAGINE dipping my CG cookies of many colors in it....... hee hee
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Again from the last thread #1000

Originally posted by ses110
              This is the problem when only one character moves on and this is the problem when Sam and Jack have not had one adult conversation regarding there feelings in 7 years.It is very difficult to see Sam or Jack with someone else when there has been no resolution to there relationship.Leaving it in the room is no resolution.It just makes things worse.Sam and Jack should have agreed to either wait for each other until they could be together or they should have agreed to see other people.
              I think the time for that adult conversation was back after D&C. I agree "leaving it in the room" is not a conversation and it is not a resolution. IMO had these two fine officers been in RL they would have sat down and had that real conversation and worked something out, whether it be seeing other people or one of them changing their job.

One thing that always bothers me about TV is that relationships are delt with in rather unrealistic ways, for example not talking about something very important, just for the sake of drama.
              ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                Again from the last thread #1000
                I think the time for that adult conversation was back after D&C. I agree "leaving it in the room" is not a conversation and it is not a resolution. IMO had these two fine officers been in RL they would have sat down and had that real conversation and worked something out, whether it be seeing other people or one of them changing their job.
                Totally agree with you here. In RL they really would have not left it hanging like this. but then ....and this leads me to the second part of your post
                One thing that always bothers me about TV is that relationships are delt with in rather unrealistic ways, for example not talking about something very important, just for the sake of drama.
                Part of TV drama is just THAT, the UST, the dddddrrrraaaggggggiiinnngggg it out so we keep coming back each week to see what *might* happen. But unlike the normal *drama* series the Ship in this show is *supposed* to be in the background and that has always been fine with most of us from what I have read here. It has just been this last season when TPTB decided to *bring it out* that it has become all that it has become.
                I think it was in the last thread (or possibly a different thread discussion) that you and I both said the same thing about it being some poor writing and direction.
                I still hold true to that. I believe TPTB (writers, directors, producers, actors) sometimes really lose sight of the little details and focus on the *BIG* picture to heavily.
                7 years is a LONG time to be waiting for some sort of resolve and yet because we as fans *know* that this show is not *about the Ship* we have hung in there. As Jack would say, "The glass is half full", "There is always a silver lining", "Don't run with scissors"
                I am not a pessimist in any way. I just am trying to voice some different thoughts that go through my head from time to time.
                Some times I am in *Hope* mode and at other times I am in *Big Honkin Sigh* mode.
                But regardless of all that S8 really is a new opportunity, a *Clean Slate* even with the little bit of spoilage we have gotten.

Comment

Everyone, ignore this thread. I'm not a mod and can't shut down the previous thread from posting. So, ignore this and hopefully a mod with delete it. I can't delete this thread... hmm. Anyhoo, sorry.
                  Just saw this, but you know what... I don't care!

Spoiler Space for s8 "New Order"

Okay I've been thinking about the newest spoilers for "New Order" which said that Jack was going to have a section in the "5th tortures Sam" sequence, and I'm not so sure that's going to be good.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad that she's still got Jack on the brain and I'm glad we'll get another look inside her S/J minded head, but depending on how it's done it made just make her look even more wishy-washy. Especially considering she'll still be with Pete until at least mid-season.

I'll have to wait and see what they do, but I'm almost more leary about that part of the episode now then I was when I learned "Pete" was going to be in it.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    CG cookies don't do it for me....:: Shrug:::: But wine I have plenty of and after a little while I can even IMAGINE dipping my CG cookies of many colors in it....... hee hee

I know I'm going to be laughed at -have been many times- but what's CG cookies?

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I know I'm going to be laughed at -have been many times- but what's CG cookies?

Sally
                      I would NEVER laugh at you.. ((((((((((((SALLY)))))))))))
                      CG= computer generated. I was just alluding to the fact that our *cookies* are with us in Cyber land...but the WINE was real

Comment

I saw it more as "I'm going to move on if it kills me." Which could actually explain some of her wierd behavior. She's so wants to make this "moving on" thing work that she's willing to forgive anything
                        Works for me!

Daniel: "Sam, didn't Pete borrow your car without permission?"

Sam: "Yeah."

Daniel: "Didn't he borrow your house keys and make copies for himself?"

Daniel: "Didn't he get rid of your motorcycle because it took up too much room for his car?"

Daniel: "Didn't he give you a hair cutting set for your birthday so you'd cut his hair?"

Daniel: "Didn't he break your new naquada reactor?"

Sam: "What?!"

Daniel: "Just wanted to see what would get you going, Sam."

Sam: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Daniel: "That you let him walk all over you."

Sam: " ............ "

Daniel: "Sam?"

Sam: "I'm moving on, Daniel, can't you see?"

Daniel: "And that's even if it kills you?"

Sam: "Precisely."

Daniel: *nods*

Sam: *frowns*

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Yes! One of my favorite 'stupid behavior' things is when ppl are so easily lead in one direction or the other. This guy is absolutely crazy about this girl -he's ready to ask her to marry him for bloody sake- but he sees the girl 'talking' to another guy and he completely gives up and walks away. I'm like going 'Wait you idiot, make sure what you're seeing is real!' They behave so totally unreal. I've seen it again and again. Like Sam and Jack; you can't tell me these two ppl wouldn't have sat down and had a conversation about this issue. This 'leaving it in the room' thing meant to me that they weren't going to pursue a relationship. But, that doesn't mean they can't talk about the ramifications of what went on in the room! Dumb. I think two major moments for them were the force field incident in Upgrades and the confession thinger in D&C. I feel in real life, these two would have talked things over in either the first or second situation. Not in TV, where it has to be stretched to the max.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler Space for s8 "New Order"

Okay I've been thinking about the newest spoilers for "New Order" which said that Jack was going to have a section in the "5th tortures Sam" sequence, and I'm not so sure that's going to be good.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad that she's still got Jack on the brain and I'm glad we'll get another look inside her S/J minded head, but depending on how it's done it made just make her look even more wishy-washy. Especially considering she'll still be with Pete until at least mid-season.

I'll have to wait and see what they do, but I'm almost more leary about that part of the episode now then I was when I learned "Pete" was going to be in it.

I feel her 'vision' of Jack in New Order 2 will be that of 'I wish this was the way it could be', and that's pretty sad when you think of it. She must feel that her situation with Jack is hopeless. I 'think' her understanding of her feelings for Jack have been resolved, but she still doesn't know his for her. And that lovely 'we CAN'T break the regs!' excuse keeps them apart anyways, so... so I see her torture dream sequence with Jack as very bitter/sweet.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              I would NEVER laugh at you.. ((((((((((((SALLY)))))))))))
                              Oh, Tame!

*hugs Tame back... and front too*

CG= computer generated. I was just alluding to the fact that our *cookies* are with us in Cyber land...but the WINE was real

Okay, I get it now... now that you've spelled it out for me... thought I was missing an extra cookie. And yes, wine always works! So does Presidente Margaritas at Chilly's!

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I repost that one here just in case somebody missed it:

VIDEO 46 "Story of my life" Kristian Leontiou

Jack's experience of being stranded somewhere but the past won't go away. My version of Hundred days.

You'll love the song and the video...Some new clips.

Enjoy

Click on my sig to access my website.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Working...
                                X