Originally posted by stargate barbie
    *eats a strange combination of cookies*

#good mor-ning, starshine! the earth says hel-loooo!#

Ship Sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Spoilers for S7 ep Inauguration

Originally posted by nickatell
      You know I think we have to pull back a little bit and get a better look at the big picture. I keep remembering Kinsey's words to the President about Jack and Sam. Maybe his interfering will backfire on him and be a positive thing for Jack and Sam. I think that his words, although meant to be a negative thing for Jack and Sam, spoke volumns. That was probably the first time it was hinted at verbally by anyone, I think. We all think Hammond and Janet know but this was verbal and by someone outside the family. I wonder if TPTB are going to follow up on this?
      I wondered why it was brought up too. I LOVED it being brought up -admitting it's there- but I have to wonder why it was mentioned. Is Kinsey going to try to destroy Sam and Jack with this? If he does try, he's taking out two of the four most important ppl of the SGC (Daniel and Teal'c being the other two). I know, he's been fired, so to speak, as vice pres, but he's still an NID meanie to worry about. Or do you think it was just a simple message that 'feelings' aren't bad/wrong, as long as they're not acted on? Kinsey bringing this up 'did' have a purpose, though, because it's what made Woolsey(sp?) realize that Kinsey had an agenda. I really wonder where this 'admission' will go next season? I hope it's addressed, and I hope it's with Kinsey because he's fun to hate.<g>

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
        ROTFLMAO......I love the monkey! Do you think anyone wants to be the Ship Monkey?
        Now what does THAT job entail? "Wild" and "sex" keep coming to mind.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
          Glad that ya'll like the Ship Monkey!!!

Here is the Ship Monkey after eating Yellow Shipper Cookies

ROTF!

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
            In response to some previous posts regarding the screen time for certain pairings, it started me thinking about the "Jonas year". Since I wasn't around the internet fandom at that time, I was wondering if there was a lot of anti Sam/Jack talk that year? I know that obvious shippy moments were a little sparse, but the Sam/Jack interaction was probably stronger than ever. She took over a lot of the diplomatic role that was previously Daniel's. Jack deferred to Sam must of the time, until Jonas became a stronger part of the team and stepped in to take over some of the responsibility. Professionally and personally (if not romantically), Sam and Jack were probably the closest I've ever seen them. The team pairings seemed to lean toward Sam/Jack and Teal'c/Jonas that year. Maybe, everyone was so busy hating Jonas or mourning the loss of Daniel that the heavy Sam/Jack interaction just passed by them?

Although I initially bemoaned the sparseness of obvious ship in seasons 5 and 6 compared to season 4, I grew to appreciate those seasons from a different perspective. Especially season 6. For me, that year spoke volumes about the relationship that Sam and Jack have. It was like watching a couple that know each other so well that they just react to each other without much thought.

Don't know what happened to Sam this year. She sure had one he** of a set-back! Hope she comes out of her stupor in season 8!

Saw Momento for the first time a while back and was struck by how much Jack and Sam seemed to just give each other a glance and she knew what to do and knew what he was going to do. Really a team. I greatly enjoyed this aspect of an ep that didn't seem to stand out much elsewhere. Speaking of Jonas, as someone else did, I just can't seem to get a handle on him. I don't dislike his character, but I don't look forward to seeing him like I do the others. He's just there and that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
              Especially season 6. For me, that year spoke volumes about the relationship that Sam and Jack have. It was like watching a couple that know each other so well that they just react to each other without much thought.

Don't know what happened to Sam this year. She sure had one he** of a set-back! Hope she comes out of her stupor in season 8!
              Boy, you said it!<g> But, like every set-back, there's a set... front???

Sam'll come around, and then for her, Jack, and US, our ship will be sailing on the Love Boat on the way to Fantasy Island. Jeez, that sounded schmaltzy.<g>

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                Hi! <waves> I couldn't stay away! Its a slow week here in Virginia, so I'm catching up on posts for a bit! (happy to see us on shipper thread 4...really 9!!! can we change that next time?)
                Sacme, I love the new sig...but, Mala I DO want Jack to end up on top (or Sam )...Marimba, no I can;t watch stargate...my roommate actually brought a tv but so far we just get the religion channel (church stuff, not a secret shipper channel... )...Tame, will appreciate the updates
                <hugs to my shipper family>

and of course...<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!
                Yay, Lt Lisa checked in! Glad you liked my sig. Buy an antenna, Lisa! Perhaps you can see the weekend syndication.

So, since Daddy is back, only Tame is missing at the moment. She really did leave us! But she'll be back. Family is so important.

Ship Sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkey
                  Um hi all, newbie I guess.

Hi, newbie I guess. I mean Thinkey.

WeLcOmE!

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    when did i get so optimistic?
                    nana? what've you been putting in those cookies?

the strangely positive ship cookie monster. be afraid... be very afraid... for the safety of all your cookies... dammit i need i smilie with one raised eyebrow. this is a stargate forum! stargate has teal'c! how can we not have a smilie with one raised eyebrow?!

Not exactly what you meant, I know, but it sort of looks like the Count. And since you're the cookie monster...

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                      THANK YOU Sis!!! I think I pretty much ignored everything on that line in the message box & yes, now that I put the mouse over it, it does say "wrap quote tags"
                      OHHHH WELLLLLL!

(Hate to admit in my family, most of the time, we're the type to put it together first, read directions later! Though in this case I surfed around the FAQ's & couldn't find reference to what you said.....)
                      glad I could help you master composing! Now thrill me with your posts!

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        Argh! Where were you when I needed you!<g> I even wrote Darren and asked him for a 'quote' button... he didn't know about it either! Thank. You.

Sally
                        Wow, Darren didn't know either?! I guess he's too busy running the rest of the site. I'm glad someone brought it up. Anybody else have any questions? We need are ship postings to be a carefree and wonderful experience.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by mjj1993
                          Really? I hadn't thought about it that way. I was just way depressed after I watched "Grace" again. It seemed like it was saying good bye to the ship--the more I watched it, the more I felt that way. I didn't read it that way the first 2 or 3 times I watched it, just this last one.

I understand your feelings, but this ep didn't/doesn't give me those depressed feelings. Here's why:

1 - When a person gets a bf/gf, the relationship they're dropping isn't highlighted/increased. Sam and Jack *were*.

2 - If the S/J relationship was dropped, we wouldn't have gotten the shoulder lean in Death Knell, the hug in Heroes 2, and the 'I can't lose this man' ship from Sam in Lost City(s). The flavor of those scenes were definitely ship-minded.

3 - Sam's thoughts on Jack in Grace showed us that she's thought about being with Jack for some time. She's considered leaving the AF for him. (that's not leaving the SGC, btw.) The kiss between them, whether it was all in Sam's mind, shows us how passionate and loving Sam wants to be with Jack. I was going to say 'in love', but she doesn't know it yet.<g>

4 - When you put that all together with her having a bf 'after' Grace -where many ship scenes played- then you *know* it's not being dropped.

5 - In SciFi's latest interview with Amanda, she's admitted Sam loves Jack, and that her relationship with bf will only help her when she finally gets together with Jack.

Things will work out in the end. We might be bloodied and beaten by then, but by God, we'll be alive and living the shipper haze!!!

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                            Yes, Sam did decide to try to move on from Jack in "Grace," but she "didn't say it'd be easy."

And emphasizing TRY... it's not working out.

She didn't stop feeling for him after "Grace" and I believe we're going to see sam fall in love with Jack all over again.

I LOVE the way you put that! 'See Sam fall in love with Jack all over again.'.... *sighs*

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Just so you know...

There are some shippers who used to post in this thread and don't any more. There are some shippers who have stopped lurking here.

Some people - I am talking about some shippers - find the references to Hot Monkey Sex or to all Sam's clothes falling off rather offputting. This being a family friendly forum there are people who come here not expecting such risque stuff.

It would definitely be appreciated by many posters if you could tone it down.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                                Good post majorsal.You made the Laira points much better than I did.Laira and the 100 Days episode never bothered me.I liked the episode because there was great Sam Angst and I never though Jack was betraying Sam.It was only Season 3 and Jack never though he was going home.The only thing I did not like was when Jack walked away from Sam.I think Jack told Laira we was not happy about going home because he did not want Laira feeling bad.Laira fit into the Stargate story and Pete does not fit at all.

You know, you're post reminded me of something.

*waves to ses first*

I remembered when I'd first watched 100 Days, and how hard it was to watch. Yes, it showed Sam's realizations that her feelings for Jack had gone past 'ooh, he's cute', but I didn't like seeing Jack with someone else. (I still haven't seen the kiss between Jack and Laira.) Hey, I used to call her 'that woman', but... But now Jack's dalliance with that woman -had to call her that<g>- is *nothing* compared to what we went through with Sam and 'the one that shall not be naaaamed'. In retrospect, Jack and Laira were a walk in the park. Just thought I'd share that little epiphany. <g>

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X