This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship Nana
    I have another bone to pick. When I was thinking about how to answer Madeleine_W's question about the apology from I had another thought.

All we hear is the Regs this and the Regs that and that is why Sam and Jack can't be together. We have to honor the Air Force Regs.

Spoiler for Season 7
    Well it occurred to me that when had his FBI buddy do a background check on Sam that that certainly is against FBI regs but it didn't even faze TPTB. They just happily wrote it in. IMHO it wasn't even necessary for the storyline.

I'm sure that in real life if someone got caught using FBI resources for personal use such as to do background checks on their friends girlfriends, that they would get fired if not prosecuted.

So apparently, it is only the Air Force regs that are chiseled in stone!!!
    ShipNana, I was JUST thinking that the background check HAD to be illegal when I read your post above...let's get fired!!

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      I'm off on holiday on Tuesday....must pack my luggage now Don't want to forget my bikini
      <snip>
      Caty aka shipdiva
      Caty, please enjoy yourself on holiday (& don't forget the suncreen!).....

Sometime soon (once we get our plans to switch from dial-up ISP to cable/high-speed completed) & I start to use my new computer (leaving Mr. Obsolete here for the rest of the family!), I'll be able to check out your vids (& marimba's). Can't wait!
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Great point Elfinwood.That last scene did so much damage to the Sam character.I hate to sound so dramatic but Sam has not been the same since Chimera.Sam put her happiness before the good of the SGC.Sam will not break the Regs and be with Jack but she will tell all about the Stargate to a guy she just met.I see no reason why Sam cannot at least call Pete out for his actions in Chimera in Season 8.TPTB just expect the fans to embrace the Pete character and to forgive any of his actions.In the words of Jack so not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
          Caty, please enjoy yourself on holiday (& don't forget the suncreen!).....

Sometime soon (once we get our plans to switch from dial-up ISP to cable/high-speed completed) & I start to use my new computer (leaving Mr. Obsolete here for the rest of the family!), I'll be able to check out your vids (& marimba's). Can't wait!

No PROBLEM .....Hakuna Matata.... I have my sun tan lotion number 4 ..I'm already brown....but don't want to forget the bottom of my bikini ..Top I don't need ..everybody is topless in the south of France

Thank you ...and I hope you'll enjoy our ( Me and Marimba's videos) once you have broadband ..Broadband is great ...

Now I can watch Marimba's latest video cuz I finish my family plot too.

Marimba ....I'll post a review tomorrow for your last video ....Go and download now. See you later

Caty aka Shipdiva

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
            I knew alot about Chernobyl before I saw it via this board and I wanted very much to not like but I have to say that I really did like him for the first half of the show. I know shipper famil, 10 wipps with a shipper cookie. But it is true. "Hi everyone, I'm ShipNana and I liked at least in the beginning but I got over it."
            I went into Chimera with a little trepidation. And I will admit that I did like Pete for the first half of the episode, I couldn't falt First-Half-Pete for much other then being cheap, and a little tacky, what with crashing that party.

I knew what the episode was going to be about, but I was shocked when Sam's half of the episode was all about them kissing and 'shipping. I was NOT expecting that and it was just so hard to watch. And the fact that they had them in bed together, well, lets just say even in my 'shippiest dreams I wasn't expecting anything like that on Stargate SG-1, the fact that they used "The Obsticle" as the only time in 7 years to show a bedroom scene just made it all the harder to watch.

In fact when the second half of the episode started I think I sighed with relief because I knew that Sam wouldn't put up with the crap that he was doing. I knew that Independant!Sam wouldn't put up with a guy following her, and I knew that Sam would give him what-for for interferring in her work. Her work which is the most important things in her life. And I think I woke up with neighbors when she acted like it was all okay and kissed him. I was absolutely dumbfounded. Where were the ramifications of Pete getting involved with the steak-out? I just couldn't fathom it, and I still can't.
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              [snip]
              TPTB have written themselves into a corner, Marimba said it best the other day and it is latin so DON'T EVEN ASK ME to say it, but she said it meant that only God or a miracle could get them out of it....Marimba if you read this post the RIGHT THING cause I know I am making a mess of it!!
              What Tame is referring to here (and you're not making a mess of it btw ) is called DEUS EX MACHINA (forgive my spelling here if it's wrong, it's been a while) and it means 'god in the machine' and I'm not sure if it's latin or greek. To translate that, it's a concept from Greek tragedy where the writer would write the characters into a situation that they could not possibly remove themselves from, so the gods would swoop down at the end and make everything right. Very much like waving a magic wand. Think "The Iliad" here when the gods go and tell the Trojans what Achilles' flaw is because Achilles made them angry--otherwise Achilles might have defeated them all. Sometimes Deus ex Machina is okay but it's usually something totally unbelievable and UNSATISFYING!!!!! Can you tell I'm not a big fan of the device?

Originally posted by Tamefarrar
              SO TPTB are their own enemy. They have made a bad mess and are trying hard to act like we didn't see it. To take a quote from Bart Simpson "Nobody saw me, you can't prove anything" - that seems to be their mentality from I can see.

I REALLY am looking forward to S8, if for no other reason than to be totally proven wrong and TPTB have pulled the biggest coup this side of the Star Gate and we will be just blown away by what happens the whole season. THAT would even make me overlook the episode
              I'm in total agreement with you here and I HOPE that you're right because, unless we're talking about fairy tales which are known for this sort of ending , there is nothing that is LESS satisfying to me than deus ex machina!

Okay, now that you've all had you're literature lesson for the day, I'm done ranting!

See, this forum can be educational too!

Now back to your regularly scheduled shipping!
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

After everything we have had to put up with like Pete and every male guest star falling for Sam I need to see a great Sam and Jack bedroom scene.I want to see some great Sam and Jack passion and love before the end.I would not mind a Sam and Jack wedding but I will not complain if we do not get one.On another topic I like the Ryac character but do we need to see a wedding.I may be wrong but it sure seems like the guest stars are turning in the stars of the show in Season 8.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar:

TPTB have written themselves into a corner, Marimba said it best the other day and it is latin so DON'T EVEN ASK ME to say it, but she said it meant that only God or a miracle could get them out of it....Marimba if you read this post the RIGHT THING cause I know I am making a mess of it!!

SO TPTB are their own enemy. They have made a bad mess and are trying hard to act like we didn't see it. To take a quote from Bart Simpson "Nobody saw me, you can't prove anything" - that seems to be their mentality from I can see.
                  Maybe Bart wrote Chimera.
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

I was just thinking about the Scene in Heroes where Sam is gushing about Jack, and while I like the fact that Sam is gushing about Jack I was a thinking that what she said was really not very acurate. I mean if they wanted her to gush she could have just said that he's done more for the program then anyone she could think of, which is a lot more acurate then saying he gave up more then anyone she could think of. I don't know that's just a little nit I wanted to mention.

Okay I feel better
                    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
                      <snip>
                      Spoilers: Season 7 - Chimera
                      I personally didn't care for the closing scene the most. Aside from the fact that I felt that they had Sam telling Pete much more than he needed to know, the whole dance photo gift scene was soooo saccarine and soap-operaish. It was a scene that should have been played out (if they felt that it was so necessary to the storyline) anywhere but in the bowels of the SGC. The photo thing was just way too much. It really rubbed me the wrong way. IMHO that whole scene did a disservice to the character and to the show.
                      MMMMhhhmmmm.... it was like "look - our prom picture."
                      Not cute at all. Not SG1 at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                        I agree, I was never expecting a bedroom scene, for Sam and Jack, heck I wasn't even really expecting a kiss either. I was expecting a fishing invite, and a little nod that they'd be together. However now they've yanked our chains and thrown us around I'd like a little compensation for my angst and pain.
                        Me too! I can't remember who said that we should be greatful we got ship after Ptui and I am BUT I think we should get A LOT for having to put up with watching Sam pathetically chase after that STALKER!!!!!!!!

I mean they've been dangling the candy bar in front of us for 7 years and instead of giving it to us they hand us a pile of dog crap. If they think they can just hand over the candy bar after doing that they really need to think about including a few more candy bars before I'll be placated.
                        OMG! Read this while I was eating and nearly spit food everywhere! And if we're ordering candy bars here--I want the ONE POUND SYMPHONY BAR WITH THE WORKS (toffee, nuts, etc)! GOD I HATE DIETS!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

I'm off on holiday on Tuesday....must pack my luggage now Don't want to forget my bikini

Have fun on holiday!!
                          Nice lyrics btw!

Comment

Spoilers for S7's Chimera

IMO if he were actually a nice guy he wouldn't have followed her.
                            That's THE moment isn't it? Trying to be fair, I can see PS feeling hurt that Sam didn't share her life with him. He'd just told her big stuff, and she didn't follow the same. So, he's hurt and leaves her. Now, for ME, that bothered me. And it bothered Sam. Maybe it's a female thing, but when you share your body with someone, the last thing you want is to be rejected afterwards. And PS walking out on her, whether he was hurt or not, was a form of rejection. Okay, he's hurt and immediately uses his cop connections to find out what Sam's hinding. I can still go with him here a 'bit', because he's running on hurt feelings. BUT -and here's where he lost me- when he found out that Sam did, in fact, work BIG time high security, he not only didn't drop it, he continued to spy on her. And what else could you could it? I can't really call PS a stalker because his intents were not to hurt or harm Sam, but his actions were borderline stalker because he did stalker-like things. But in reality, he just spied on her. When he got the call back from his FBI buddy, 'that's' when he should have dropped it. He could have went back to Sam and said he's having probs handling this secrecy thing between them. And he should tell her the truth about doing the background check on her. And then drop it. Sam will now know how hard this is for him. Yes, I'd still be mad at him for leaving me that morning, and I'd be even more mad for the background check, but I'd appreciate him telling me the truth. And I'd forgive him. This isn't the way the ep went, instead ignoring his actions and having Sam seemingly accept them. The writers can't erase the damage, but having PS appologize to Sam -whether it's on screen or not- will not only make PS's character look better, it'll make Sam's as well. If PS is 'supposed' to be a good guy, and a good guy for Sam, then fix this mistake and move on. Treat Sam, PS, and the viewers with the respect deserved.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I have to laugh! One of the reasons I took a break was because I was tired of all the discussion. But you know what...TPTB have spent the majority of THEIR TIME on the discussion as well. Which has just flat out PIS&%#D ME OFF! ( ok I am ok now) All of the interviews have done nothing for me and *Whiplash* (Ship Nana was it you who said that? ) OMG I need a freakin Chiropractor after listening to the interviews with AT. I LOVE AT, don't get me wrong, and I am a staunch Sam supporter. But goodness gracious gollys, You would think that AT was running for some American Political office the way she keeps going back and forth.

So I KNOW that taking that break from everything and just watching my DVDs, favorite videos and such was the right decision...WHY YOU ASK well I am about to tell you

Because I can now calmly once again discuss without having to PUKE or GAG which in my book is a very good thing
                              I am worried that one of the reasons that TPTB are working so hard to get our opinion of turned around is because they plan on a S9 and to be a bigger part of the show. (OMG I said it....ick, ewy, pleasepleaseplease don't let it happen)
                              So I take solace in the following:

So far only one spoiler has linked DDL the *actor* to an ACTUAL episode. all of the other spoilers have not indicated whether or not DDL will ACTUALLY be in them...fine with me. Now the charcater has been linked to two episodes so we know is around but we don't know JUST how Sam FEELS
                              8 SPoiler Space Affinity
                              All we know in this is that Sam is talking about whether or not it is fair to have a relationship and a family with , kids in daycare type of stuff. So what does that tell us.
                              That he is A)doing fine with Sam and we are going to have to deal - NOT
                              B) he is pressuring her into a type of commitment she isn't ready for and she is thinking about it all
                              C) Sam is trying to find excuses to get out of this GOD FORSAKEN relationship

Okay..sorry for this long rant but I guess it has been building........

wine...I need wine
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                                <snip>
                                It really has to be in the eye of the beholder because even amongst us Shippers we see the *Ship* start at different stages. For me it was COTG's the moment Jack's eyebrow shot up at the offer to arm wrestle I was Like WOO HOO he is INTERESTED IN HER. My hubs thought even before that. And I know others have said they didn't see it until later in the series.
                                <snip>
                                I agree that we all see ship start at different stages. I'm not a big help since I've only been watching the show for a year on SciFi in reruns & all out of chronological order (everyone who's been with the show for all 7 years have a big advantage over me), but........piecing together where/when the shows I've watched so far were in the scheme of things......... IMO the TPTB made it clear from the 1st eps in the 1st season that they intended to pursue a ship of some type between Sam/Jack. While Solitudes & Broca Divide amongst other eps were very interesting with smiles & flirtation & strong friendship (&very interesting *ahem* situations)......... IMHO, I feel it wasn't until the late S2 eps & early S3 that real mature romantic ship (as in "I really admire you/have deeper feelings for you & am really attracted to you"-type ship) started to show. (Then the rest of S3 & all of S4--overt ship all the way )

Even though I'd love to see SHIPship in the first eps.... it was like...how do I describe it? More flirtation/feel you out/see how you act/react for a while before I give in more fully to you kind of ship? I know, I'm probably not doing so great a job of describing this.

But I agree with you, we all, posters & lurkers, see ship starting at different points.

Comment

Working...
                                X