This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    I agree with everything you've said here. I think the "romantic" scenes are awful, and it may have something to do with the writers being male. It seems to me that they are writing this stuff with the idea that this is what us girls would want. Well, no...not this gal! The kiss in Grace had more love, passion and eroticism in it than all the love scenes in THAT episide!!
    Oh yeah and let's not forget that hot date where they crashed someone's anniversary party. Or how about not answering the phone or jumping out of bed because you don't get your way. Yeah, us girls just go out of our way to find someone with just those fine qualities. NOT
    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
      <dancing and chanting in my ceremonial serpent guard armor, waving a staff weapon> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!
      ROFL!!!! serpent guard armor, eh? and a staff weapon? That wouldn't happen to be for Ptui would it? I DO love your dancing! Keep it up!

SCREW THE REGS!!! DOWN WITH PIT!!! SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
        Oh yeah and let's not forget that hot date where they crashed someone's anniversary party. Or how about not answering the phone or jumping out of bed because you don't get your way. Yeah, us girls just go out of our way to find someone with just those fine qualities. NOT
        Couldn't have said it better myself!!!
        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
          Hello all, as an occasional lurker in here I may have missed or misunderstood some relevant posts, so bear with me!

I have a question: why is it so important that Pete's apology to Sam be onscreen? An awful lot of stuff has happened 'offscreen', that people still are okay about. For instance, AFAIK most people here like or at least tolerate Jonas - but the bits where he said to Daniel "Thank you for saving my life", "Thank you for saving my city", "Sorry you had to die in so much pain for the rest of us to live" and all that, all of those happened offscreen.

I *have* to assume they happened offscreen, cos they certainly didn't happen onscreen and if they didn't happen at all then Jonas would be the worst sort of cad, and I don't want to believe that of Jonas. So I do see the necessity for those of you who are under the daft delusion that Pete is not utterly lovely and good (hey, I'm the Ship Evil Stepmother, I'm allowed to be heretical in here) to have a Pete Apologises To Sam Scene, but would it make such a difference if it were offscreen?

I don't intend to argue this, I just wanted to read your views, which is why it's in here not the Ship Discussion Thread. Thanks!

I thought about your question for a long time and I have read all the reply's. I pretty much agree with what everyone else had to say but I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth.

To be brutally honest: I knew alot about Chernobyl before I saw it via this board and I wanted very much to not like but I have to say that I really did like him for the first half of the show. I know shipper famil, 10 wipps with a shipper cookie. But it is true. "Hi everyone, I'm ShipNana and I liked at least in the beginning but I got over it."

Spoiler for Season 7
          I am really a very mainstreamed person and I have to tell you during the second half of the show I thought that just got plain spooky. I mean you start dating the sister of a friend and you find out she is in the air force and because she can't tell you what she does due to secrecy you call up your buddy at the FBI and do a background check. And then you follow her to a top secret installation and follow her some more to a stakeout. But that wasn't enough!!! No you walk up to her stakeout vehicle and call out her name. That is just plain crazy. It's not like she was a civilian and he thought that she could be involved in drugs or the mafia. For cryin' out loud, she was in the Air Force and worked for the government. And because you do all of these creepy things you get rewarded with being told all about the SGC and given a picture of your girlfriend.

Now maybe some of the story ended up on the cutting room floor and that part might have made look more like a good guy. But no matter what good guys don't disrespect their girlfriends and do background checks on them and follow them around after knowing them for only 2 weeks. That is just creepy not human couriosity.

So to answer your question, I think that there should have been consequences for his behaviors and at the very least an apology for not trusting her. An off screen apology with a throw away line referencing it would be fine.
          Last edited by Ship Nana; 12 June 2004, 02:37 PM.
          Ship Nana

Comment

I have another bone to pick. When I was thinking about how to answer Madeleine_W's question about the apology from I had another thought.

All we hear is the Regs this and the Regs that and that is why Sam and Jack can't be together. We have to honor the Air Force Regs.

Spoiler for Season 7
            Well it occurred to me that when had his FBI buddy do a background check on Sam that that certainly is against FBI regs but it didn't even faze TPTB. They just happily wrote it in. IMHO it wasn't even necessary for the storyline.

I'm sure that in real life if someone got caught using FBI resources for personal use such as to do background checks on their friends girlfriends, that they would get fired if not prosecuted.

So apparently, it is only the Air Force regs that are chiseled in stone!!!
            Ship Nana

Comment

I have another bone to pick. When I was thinking about how to answer Madeleine_W's question about the apology from I had another thought.

All we hear is the Regs this and the Regs that and that is why Sam and Jack can't be together. We have to honor the Air Force Regs.

Spoiler for Season 7
              Well it occurred to me that when had his FBI buddy do a background check on Sam that that certainly is against FBI regs but it didn't even faze TPTB. They just happily wrote it in. IMHO it wasn't even necessary for the storyline.

I'm sure that in real life if someone got caught using FBI resources for personal use such as to do background checks on their friends girlfriends, that they would get fired if not prosecuted.

I know Nana....it amazes me too. Because if, in RL, he weren't reprimanded/transferred/fired for that background check then his blowing their cover/messing up their stakeout certainly would have gotten him into deep S*^$. But, hey, only AF regs matter......
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                No amount of spinning will make 'that' happen for me. PS was doomed for me the moment he was mentioned, and that's before they even wrote the ep.<g> Really, I didn't want him, his purpose, his storyline, or his time. He could sacrifice himself heroically and I'd be yelling at him 'Don't get blood on Sam's uniform! Jeez!' <g>

Sally
                ROFLMAO!!! ........Then Jack pulls Sam out of the way and they both look at the glunk that was ..he looks at her, says, "You OK?", Sam replies, "I am NOW"..they gaze at each other and he says "Lunch?" and they walk off together, leaving the mess that was to be cleaned up by a haz-mat team

Di, feeling and eatin a snarky Gray Shipper Cookie

Comment

Spoiler for Season 7

Ship Nana...I think it was BCM, but I could be wrong it might have been Marimba, who brought this very thing up back when we were on Delphi.

And EVEN then of course none of us has the answer. But it seems pretty strange that TPTB have artistic freedom when it comes to the science of the show, the aliens, the OTHER agencies, the White House, the whole dang world and universe. But When it comes to those Air Force Regs. Well that just shuts EVERYTHING right down.

So I no longer *really* believe that the AF is holding the TPTB to them. Not with what is happening in S8. It is just a way for TPTB to keep them apart and we as fans were okay with that because we were fine with the way things were progressing. UST with a kiss or hug here and there with the Team being the focus.

TPTB have written themselves into a corner, Marimba said it best the other day and it is latin so DON'T EVEN ASK ME to say it, but she said it meant that only God or a miracle could get them out of it....Marimba if you read this post the RIGHT THING cause I know I am making a mess of it!!

SO TPTB are their own enemy. They have made a bad mess and are trying hard to act like we didn't see it. To take a quote from Bart Simpson "Nobody saw me, you can't prove anything" - that seems to be their mentality from I can see.

I REALLY am looking forward to S8, if for no other reason than to be totally proven wrong and TPTB have pulled the biggest coup this side of the Star Gate and we will be just blown away by what happens the whole season. THAT would even make me overlook the episode
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Video 47 " C'est pour toi" Celine Dion...Sam is expecting

Sam loves children.Jack too.Sam tells Jack she 's expecting his child. Screw the regs and good for them.

Read the lyrics and translation first....and dream well until July

I'm off on holiday on Tuesday....must pack my luggage now Don't want to forget my bikini

Lyrics and translation:

Quelques fois je dis des mots bizarres
                    Quelques fois je parle trop
                    Et tu me regardes et mon coeur tombe a l'eau

Sometimes I say strange words
                    Sometimes I speak too much
                    And you look at me and my heart falls into the water

Quelques fois je ris a contretemps
                    Tu n'y comprends rien de tout
                    Et tu me regardes etonne tout a coup

Sometimes I laugh at the wrong moment
                    You don't understand a thing about it
                    And you look at me suddenly surprised

Ne te pose pas trop de questions
                    La reponse est dans mes yeux
                    Elle est quelque part au milieu de nous deux

Don't ask yourself too many questions
                    The answer is in my eyes
                    It is somewhere in between us

Ne m'oublige-je pas a tout te dire
                    Puisque tu le sais deja
                    Tout ce que je fais aujourd'hui, , , c'est pour toi

Don't force me to tell you everything
                    Since you already know it
                    All I do today, , , it's for you

C'est pour toi toi que j'aime encore
                    C'est pour toi que je suis la
                    C'est pour toi toi que j'ouvrais mes bras
                    C'est pour toi toi que rouge et blanc se melangent tout le temps
                    C'est pour toi aussi que j'aime les enfants

It's for you that I still love
                    It's for you that I am here
                    It's for you you that I was opening my arms
                    It's for you you that red and white mix all the time
                    It's for you also that I love children

Je ne trouve rien de cette fille que j'etais hier encore
                    Ta presence en moi reveille l'eau qui dort
                    Je ne connais pas ce que je suis
                    Je suis quelqu'un de nouveau
                    Quelqu'un de plus beau et peut-etre plus fort

I don't find anything of that girl I still was yesterday
                    Your presence in me awakes the dormant water
                    I don't know what I am
                    I am someone new
                    Someone more beautiful and maybe stronger

C'est pour toi toi que j'aime encore
                    C'est pour toi que je suis la
                    C'est pour toi toi que j'ouvrais mes bras

It's for you that I still love
                    It's for you that I am here
                    It's for you you that I was opening my arms

Quelques fois je dis des mots bizarres
                    Quelques fois je parle trop
                    Et tu me regardes et mon coeur tombe a l'eau

Sometimes I say strange words
                    Sometimes I speak too much
                    And you look at me and my heart falls into the water

http://www.angelfire.com/magic/le_mo...argateSG1.html

Enjoy
                    You can also click on my sig to access my website

Caty aka shipdiva

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      Interesting question, Madeleine. I can't speak for other shippers, but for me, I'm 'also' a huge Sam fan. And as a Sam fan, I felt that Sam was treated poorly by PS. His apology won't effect the ship-related aspects of this for me, but his appology will go far for this Sam fan. I guess I don't really care if it's on-screen or not, as long as Sam or PS say it's happened. I love Sam. I want to see her treated with respect. She deserves an appology.

Sally
                      THIS shipper needs to see it on screen, I need MAJOR groveling...just before Sam replies "too late, you're history!"

Di....still feeling kinda mean..hold on whilst I dip some cookies in...er...milk, yeah that's it, of COURSE I'm not drinking this early on a Saturday...wait a minute, my kids just left for Colorado with their dad, I'm not fighting for MY computer, let me just prop the wine bucket against the monitor here and settle in for the night... ahhhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                        THIS shipper needs to see it on screen, I need MAJOR groveling...just before Sam replies "too late, you're history!"

Di....still feeling kinda mean..hold on whilst I dip some cookies in...er...milk, yeah that's it, of COURSE I'm not drinking this early on a Saturday...wait a minute, my kids just left for Colorado with their dad, I'm not fighting for MY computer, let me just prop the wine bucket against the monitor here and settle in for the night... ahhhhhhh
                        I may be joining you Di....I think I have a couple of bottles of Wine somewhere here..........
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          Ya know Di
                          It really has to be in the eye of the beholder because even amongst us Shippers we see the *Ship* start at different stages. For me it was COTG's the moment Jack's eyebrow shot up at the offer to arm wrestle I was Like WOO HOO he is INTERESTED IN HER. My hubs thought even before that. And I know others have said they didn't see it until later in the series.

So if even we differ on when we saw it then I am sure that many people just DON'T see it at all. Unfortunatley I also think some people just don't like Romance in their TV shows period and it really doesn't matter if there is chemistry or not. They have a clear view of what they want to see and if it differs than they are turned off by what diverges from their view.

Same thing for us shippers we WANT our Sam & Jack romance and we sure as shootin get turned off by anything that gets in the way of that

So you are not crazy, ok well we all are a bit weird...eating CG cookies and all but we are a lovable bunch
                          Good points Tame....it's interesting, I ALWAYS like romance in my TV shows, always have, whether or not I am in a relationship. (Currently NOT, in case RDA himself is reading this thread ) I feel those sparks add a little extra human interest, boost the character development, really pull me in and help me develop an emotional interest in a series. And without that interest, why bother to be sure to watch it or record it...certainly you wouldn't have fans spending their time on it to the extent we shippers do

Di

Comment

We never expected to see Sam in bed with anyone. It would have been nice had it been Jack, but we weren't expecting anything like that with the Sam/Jack relationship. But now that TPTB have opened the door on this kind of scene, I want much more for Sam and Jack.
                            I agree, I was never expecting a bedroom scene, for Sam and Jack, heck I wasn't even really expecting a kiss either. I was expecting a fishing invite, and a little nod that they'd be together. However now they've yanked our chains and thrown us around I'd like a little compensation for my angst and pain.

I mean they've been dangling the candy bar in front of us for 7 years and instead of giving it to us they hand us a pile of dog crap. If they think they can just hand over the candy bar after doing that they really need to think about including a few more candy bars before I'll be placated.
                            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

<snip>
                              To be brutally honest: I knew alot about Chernobyl before I saw it via this board and I wanted very much to not like but I have to say that I really did like him for the first half of the show. I know shipper famil, 10 wipps with a shipper cookie. But it is true. "Hi everyone, I'm ShipNana and I liked at least in the beginning but I got over it."

Spoiler for Season 7
                              I am really a very mainstreamed person and I have to tell you during the second half of the show I thought that just got plain spooky. I mean you start dating the sister of a friend and you find out she is in the air force and because she can't tell you what she does due to secrecy you call up your buddy at the FBI and do a background check. And then you follow her to a top secret installation and follow her some more to a stakeout. But that wasn't enough!!! No you walk up to her stakeout vehicle and call out her name. That is just plain crazy. It's not like she was a civilian and he thought that she could be involved in drugs or the mafia. For cryin' out loud, she was in the Air Force and worked for the government. And because you do all of these creepy things you get rewarded with being told all about the SGC and given a picture of your girlfriend.

Now maybe some of the story ended up on the cutting room floor and that part might have made look more like a good guy. But no matter what good guys don't disrespect their girlfriends and do background checks on them and follow them around after knowing them for only 2 weeks. That is just creepy not human couriosity.

So to answer your question, I think that there should have been consequences for his behaviors and at the very least an apology for not trusting her. An off screen apology with a throw away line referencing it would be fine.
                              I knew from reading the Thread about & the basic plot of the episode & I decided to watch it w/an open mind thinking, hey, maybe I'll see it differently... But while the cafe banter was ok, things just went downhill from there. My first impressions, not having seen DDL act before or the Pete character before was that thought he was just too cute w/his little jokes & then I had issue that he's not from that area (out-of-town relationships aren't going to work w/Sam's schedule & she ain't leaving the AF to go be w/Pete - she'd already have done that for Jack if that were the case). (And couldn't see him as the kind of guy who'd move for her.)

Then the party? Forget that they were crashing the dang thing...... even if they had been seeing each other for a bit (what did I read here - 2 weeks or something?), methinks that flowers, quiet dinners for 2, movie dates, etc. would be still be called for at that stage. Not the 'let me take you to someone else's 50th so you get my not-so-subtle drift that we'll be together this long too' plot we were hit with. Sam deserves so much better.

And the background check & the stakeout!!!!!! ARRRGGHHH! Do the TPTB know personally or do any consultation w/the FBI, CIA, Homeland Security, or their local police department????? How does the AF really feel about civies messing into their business the way Pete did? Especially one who alleges to be doing it for romantic reasons????

Yes, a there was a heck of alot more ship & skin than any of of us who like SG ever needed or wanted in that episode. I have to admit I was surprised too w/the amount that was in it. (&yes, as everyone has said previously in this thread... that one little episode raised the ante [as far as nudity scenes & any ship scenes Sam would have in the future] tremendously & TPTB can't go back & undo that one.)

And yes, the way it played out on the screen did make look like a jerk to many of us. (AND unlike the posts on this Forum, TPTB can't go back & edit it.) (Well, they could but........damage is already done.) And while we all felt for Sam through parts of the episode, it was like HUH??! at the end.

I'm not one for an apology by . I just want to out of the show. Period. No apology. Just no .

Rant completed.

<and yes Nana, he should have been damn proud to have a fine looking woman with a fine mind in the service of our great country who was willing to spend her off-time with him & just dang well left it at that. Now that would have made a likable Pete.>
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                                ......Lets get them stranded on a tropical planet for 100 days ..missing in action .....start a relationship...then found again by Daniel .......and let's them meet the president to discuss their future now they are in a relationship....surely nothing could be done in such a case ....I still think this is the best natural scenario for Sam and Jack ... The Tarzan and Jane of the tropical planet...AND with luck we may even see Jack with shorts on and no shirt and sam with her top tank and French knickers ...for Jack's benefice of course. We may even see them bathe together in a lake ...or Jack teaching Sam his best swim...ect....you see what I mean ...and plenty of other stuff...100 days is a long time .....but if you are with the one you love ...My goodness me ..that must be fun.

Caty
                                Honey, with these thoughts, I can't WAIT til you get ahold of the upcoming clips!!
                                Di

Comment

Working...
                                X