Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all, as an occasional lurker in here I may have missed or misunderstood some relevant posts, so bear with me!

I have a question: why is it so important that Pete's apology to Sam be onscreen? An awful lot of stuff has happened 'offscreen', that people still are okay about. For instance, AFAIK most people here like or at least tolerate Jonas - but the bits where he said to Daniel "Thank you for saving my life", "Thank you for saving my city", "Sorry you had to die in so much pain for the rest of us to live" and all that, all of those happened offscreen.

I *have* to assume they happened offscreen, cos they certainly didn't happen onscreen and if they didn't happen at all then Jonas would be the worst sort of cad, and I don't want to believe that of Jonas. So I do see the necessity for those of you who are under the daft delusion that Pete is not utterly lovely and good (hey, I'm the Ship Evil Stepmother, I'm allowed to be heretical in here) to have a Pete Apologises To Sam Scene, but would it make such a difference if it were offscreen?

I don't intend to argue this, I just wanted to read your views, which is why it's in here not the Ship Discussion Thread. Thanks!

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco

Spoilers s8 Gemini AND New Order 2

We don't actually know it's a clone, all we were told was that there were going to be 2 Sam Carters in the episode and that it was NOT an AU.

It could be a clone, or it could be a future Sam or it could be a Sam from the past, or it could be that the Robot Sam from Tin Man/Double Jepardy got fixed.

It could be any number of things.

I was reading on another forum and they said that it 'could' be that the human replicators replicated Sam in New Order 2. Remember the pic of Sam naked and covered in either water or some kind of oil on the New Order 2 spoilers on Gateworld? Well, it's gone now. Rumor has it -and I'm calling it that because I haven't read the quote that's supposed to be on either the New Order or Gemini threads on this forum- that someone asked Gateworld to remove the pic because it was too 'final act spoilerish'. So, it 'could' be something about that? Hmmm....

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
        Anyhoo I was thinking it would be cool to see Sam and Jack act like Mel Gibson's and Renee Russo's characters in "Lethal Weapon 3" they could
        "show each other their scars" and if you've seen the movies , you know what *that* lead to!!
        Then while Sam's beating up 4 Jaffa, Jack can sit there and say "Honey, do you need some help?" and she answers "No, I got it" while she kicks one of them in the face and procedes to mop the floor with the other ones while Jack proudly says "That's my girlfriend" to some innocent bystander.
        hehehe

Then like in "Lethal Weapon 4" Ry'ac gets married and so do Sam and Jack and Sam and Ry'ac's wife are pregnant and they both go into labor at the same time.Teal'c's gonna be a grandpa and Jack's gonna be a father again and they can both be nervous together (I would love to see Teal'c nervous!) and Sam is screaming and yelling at Jack 'cause she's in pain and then they have the kids and they all stand around cooing at the babies!
        hehehe! Wouldn't that be great??
        I'll file that under "Stargate homage scenes I'd like to see!"

waterfall

*sighs in shippy haze*

That was lovely! I love sappy stuff like this.

Sally

ps - I could SO see Jack sitting back grinning and watching Sam kick some bad guys a$$.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
          But I swear when P got up out of that bed and walked out on her I wanted to scream!
          Yes!

... treat our Sam that way.... *throws peanut shells at meanie cop's head*

Shoulda been Jack in that bed anyway!!!

Hit the nail on the head there. That's what gets me more than any of it... should have been Jack in bed with Sam, not the 'question that can't be answered'.

*chews lime and pink cookies together*

Sally, waving at fellow shippers... falls off chair....

*giggles*

Those two shipper cookies together is groovy!
          sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s7's chimera

Originally posted by Token
            If TPTB want to keep then all they have to do is address the problem.

Maybe they don't want to keep him!

He could just apologize, and Sam could forgive him then the writers could get on with the Plot Device. It can't be that complicated. could still be portrayed as a nice guy who made a mistake.

You said it perfectly. A nice guy that made a mistake. Now we've got a selfish guy that got away with it. For some reason, I don't think that's what they had in mind.<g> I just wish this didn't reflect on Sam's character so badly. Unless they're going to address Sam's being manipulated problems, then this pushy bf stuff doesn't have a purpose. If they don't deal with it, we're back to sloppy writing with an unexpected and unwanted backlash.

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

hmmm...... why does this rant sound familiar???
              Ohhh, it's what I said about a week ago that TPTB are trying sooo damn hard to shove down our throats as a "nice guy" when we (us shippers) know he's not!!!
              Marimba I agree with you 100%!!!

waterfall
              Sorry! Wasn't stealing your rant! Call it an homage if you will! You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO right though!
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                Spoiler Space s8 Sacrifice

Okay People some of you were worried about the wedding that is going to be occuring this season, well I have news for you. It IS going to be Ry'ac who get's married.

S8 Update Sacrifice

Relevant quote:

Yay!

Thanks, ShipDaddy!

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm.....what else could the O'Neill's be doing?!!

*tweaks brow*

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I have been working 2 jobs lately
                    (it really cuts in on my Stargate time,dammit!)
                    and at the second job today, I was walking around saying "I'm too old for this s*&t" like Danny Glover's character in the "Lethal Weapon" series, which while on a break I was thinking that TPTB are really big on "homages" to other movies.(see? I even think about Stargate at work!)
                    Anyhoo I was thinking it would be cool to see Sam and Jack act like Mel Gibson's and Renee Russo's characters in "Lethal Weapon 3" they could
                    "show each other their scars" and if you've seen the movies , you know what *that* lead to!!
                    Then while Sam's beating up 4 Jaffa, Jack can sit there and say "Honey, do you need some help?" and she answers "No, I got it" while she kicks one of them in the face and procedes to mop the floor with the other ones while Jack proudly says "That's my girlfriend" to some innocent bystander.
                    hehehe

Then like in "Lethal Weapon 4" Ry'ac gets married and so do Sam and Jack and Sam and Ry'ac's wife are pregnant and they both go into labor at the same time.Teal'c's gonna be a grandpa and Jack's gonna be a father again and they can both be nervous together (I would love to see Teal'c nervous!) and Sam is screaming and yelling at Jack 'cause she's in pain and then they have the kids and they all stand around cooing at the babies!

waterfall
                    OMG!!! I love that bit!!! Where he and Murtaugh are watching her kick those guys butts!!! I'd LOVE to see that for Sam and Jack! Then the scar comparison scene would be awesome too!!!!!!
                    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I have been working 2 jobs lately
                      (it really cuts in on my Stargate time,dammit!)
                      and at the second job today, I was walking around saying "I'm too old for this s*&t" like Danny Glover's character in the "Lethal Weapon" series, which while on a break I was thinking that TPTB are really big on "homages" to other movies.(see? I even think about Stargate at work!)
                      hehehe

waterfall
                      Being a HUGE Lethal Weapon Fan myself I am right there with you on this one!!!!!
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                        Yep, don't try to fool me into watching another disaster...I usually watch SG1 reruns no matter what, but I've found myself quite strong lately regarding Chernobyl...it's on right now (AGAIN, yeesh) and I'm down in my home office talking to you folks. Never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, NEVER watching that one again.
                        Never.
                        Since SG1 is my favorite show, it's saying a lot for me to miss it....hope there are no other episodes that will hang on the same TV SCREEN OF SHAME.

Di
                        My TV was CHANGED when The "Episode Not To Be Named" came on theis evening. I may have gotten my Lovin Feelin Back....But Sheesh I didn't get FREAKIN STUPID!!!!
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I hope Season 8 doesn't depend on me enjoying in any way except Sam dumping him.

No amount of spinning will make 'that' happen for me. PS was doomed for me the moment he was mentioned, and that's before they even wrote the ep.<g> Really, I didn't want him, his purpose, his storyline, or his time. He could sacrifice himself heroically and I'd be yelling at him 'Don't get blood on Sam's uniform! Jeez!' <g>

Sally
                          Last edited by majorsal; 11 June 2004, 10:26 PM. Reason: well, let's see.... *whistles*... i'm stupid?!
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

I can't seem to brush this off with a Plot Device broom. If quality is important then it does matter how is viewed by the fans. If TPTB want to keep then all they have to do is address the problem. He could just apologize, and Sam could forgive him then the writers could get on with the Plot Device. It can't be that complicated. could still be portrayed as a nice guy who made a mistake. Glossing over what did shows no respect for me, a humble fan, who enjoys Stargate SG1 for its quality and entertainment value. I believe in the talent of the writers and know they could fix this problem. IMHO, it is a problem.
                            Well Said Token very well said!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                              Yes, I read that too and *I* ALMOST BARFED (and believe me, my kids have made sure I have a STRONG stomach)! I was like, "Would you quit riding the fence?!!!!!" I'm DDL is very nice and all that but PTUI is NOT!!!!! I'm hoping that bit that Sally posted means what we all hope! She *DID* say that *A LOT* of people would be happy, I'm hoping that means the majority of her fans who are SHIPPERS! I'm kind of hoping that she's not just saying it to yank our chains though, b/c if that's the case I'd rather have SILENCE!
                              Have to agree here - every time I read a new interview with AT defending Mr. P. it makes me ill... It seems that she's defending the bad joke of the Black widow curse now that's it's turned ugly (why did they have to give Sam's love life a chance in the first place?) and along with that, she's defending DDL, the actor.

Anyway, I don't do rants well... But these irritating things do tend to make me react in silly ways....

sigpic

Comment

It's a good thing I know how to prepare for hurricanes and stormy seas.

*checks list: bottled water and Shipper cookies* Yep, I'm set.

It's good to know you've got your priorities set

Sally
                                Last edited by majorsal; 11 June 2004, 10:12 PM. Reason: i wanted to make it look prettier
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X