X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    Spoilers for S8 ep New Order 2

I've been trying to get an exact quote from this Cult Times issue #30 for days -winks at ShipDaddy- and finally I found it.

* this is curteousy of Stargate Sg-1 Solutions - http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ip...x.php?p=57&c=1 *
    <snip>
    Sally
    Thanks Sally for the link.
    BUT...........
    <coughs>
    I think more of us having been reading further into the article where AT waxes poetic about -- "He's open and he's honest...Pete is one of the good guys and a very good guy for Sam."
    Oh PUUHHLEEEEEZZZE!
    <**excuse me while I walk off having a gagging fit**>
    Ok... got that out of my system. Let me try to get a positive spin out of that quote...... Ok, can be a 'very good guy' for Sam ONLY because he, with Fifth's help, will teach her that there's only one "best guy" & we all know who that is...........

<**must eat Bluuuuueeeee Coookieeeeeessssssss**>
    <Blueuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeee>
    <Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeee>

<hey..... it's been a long work week & it's the first evening in a week I've gotten on & been able to post & only got one 'can't find site mssg' when I logged in.......w/the help of those blissful blues it's going to be a good Friday evening!>
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
      I just got the chance to read the excerpt from the Dreamwatch article. Jeesh just won't fade into the background, will he? It seems that every article I've read recently concerning Stargate SG-1 mentions him. I don't believe that I've ever seen a supporting character, except for the bad guys, get as much publicity as has been getting. TPTB are either trying to cover their butts with regard to 's characterization flaws (or AT has taken it upon herself to do so for them) or they are intentionally wanting to keep the pot broiling.

"...open and honest..." Ya gotta be kidding!

"...very sexy..." Sorrrry. Jack is sexy. Teal'c and Daniel are sexy. ,no comparison. Nothing personal against the actor here - I just don't think that came across as a very sexy man. I'm afraid that no matter what anyone says or no matter how they portray him in the future, I will never be able to like the character. As the saying goes, first impressions...

Just my little afternoon rant.
      Munchmunchmunch. Can't seem to get enough of those shipper cookies.
      Feel free to rant away!

I don't think even the NASTIEST of bad guys have gotten this much publicity!!!!!!!!!! It's like they REFUSE to admit what a CREEP he is--so they're cramming him down out throats!!!! In fact--I'm not sure DANIEL got this much publicity when he came back at the beginning of S7!! They seem to be putting out a DELUGE of biblical proportions to get us to accept him!! Well, NO WAY! NO HOW!! NOT GONNA DO IT!!
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Spoilers for Season 8: New Order and beyond
        On a serious note though, I do hope that we see some interaction between Sam and Jack that deals with the new professional relationship that they will undoubtedly have. I wouldn't mind seeing Sam coming back at Jack on some things. She was always very respectful of Hammond; but her relationship with Jack is a bit different and even though she has always been the good little 2IC, I would like to see her voice her opinions a little more strongly as a team leader. I believe it is in her and I really think that Jack would admire her even more for it. A little spat would be good for the UST too. Besides, maybe if they start to act more like peers, the rest of it will come easier.
        Yes, I agree, I think the difference between a 2IC and the CO is that the CO needs to be able to make the hard calls, or at least recommend the hard calls to the higher-ups and since she'll be the most senior officer (only officer) on SG-1 she'll need to make those calls and 'argue' with Jack when she feels she's right, just like Jack did with Hammond. Of course somehow I doubt we'll see too much of it, with only 20 episodes. First she has to get comfortable with the new job
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
          Do you think that the Asgard are going to make a mini Carter for mini Jack and show the real ones what they are missing
          Now that would make for an interesting episode.......
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
            I am really getting so tired of the Error message I keep getting. I have even tried to post sometimes when I do get in and for some reason I go back to the error message. Our old home is looking better and better.
            From looking back many pages it looks like it's been you, me, LtLisa & Kliggins on a consistent basis since the one we all experienced last Thursday..... Wonder if we're all using the same ISP????! Haven't gotten many error mssgs this evening, (though they seem to get more common the longer the post & the longer I'm on...w/this post I've hit the submit mssg & keep getting the ISP's 'can't find site' error mssg, go back to mssg & keep hitting the sumbit button)

I have missed you guys, I feel like the door to the house is locked and I can only peek inside the windows with the stupid error message. I better tell you guys everything because heaven only knows when I can get back on again. What is the problem??????????
            Don't know. Did send e-mail to GW's webmaster seeking enlightenment. Especially so I can 'enlighten' my ISP if it's not a site thing! But hey I'm right behind you in peering through that window. Pity for those flower borders alongside the house though.... kinda smooshed now.......

I have to say I also agree with you guys about the commercials for season 8 they are completely untelling. They describe nothing of season 8 only that there will be one. Very frustrating and yet mysterious.
            Only one I've caught was last night (couldn't get on here - site connection attempts kept timing out) & watched the Tokra 1&2 on SciFi & there was a commercial w/a woman driving her car through a residential neighborhood & you could see the telltale shimmering blue light on her face & they cut to a shot of a garage doorway shimmering like the stargate & she drives into it. Cute. But not very descriptive of the new season. (But then I recall the initial Atlantis trailers weren't descriptive either...... just a bunch of seaweed shimmying underwater like you were getting ready for a Disney movie trailer........)

Us shippers are the best people, we always see a light at the end of a tunnel, the glass is always half full, and we may wabble but we will not fall down. <snip>Why would anyone not want to be a shipper??????????????
            Yes we are. That glass is half full!

Just remember even if I can't get the door unlocked, I am always here with you guys in spirit.
            Lynn
            Amen.........

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
              <snip> But hey I'm right behind you in peering through that window. Pity for those flower borders alongside the house though.... kinda smooshed now.......
              I thought someone was out there.
              I hope the problem is fixed soon. We need all the family together as we await the glorious new season of Stargate SG1 when Sam and Jack will finally commit their hearts and lives to one another.

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
              Only one I've caught was last night (couldn't get on here - site connection attempts kept timing out) & watched the Tokra 1&2 on SciFi & there was a commercial w/a woman driving her car through a residential neighborhood & you could see the telltale shimmering blue light on her face & they cut to a shot of a garage doorway shimmering like the stargate & she drives into it. Cute. But not very descriptive of the new season. (But then I recall the initial Atlantis trailers weren't descriptive either...... just a bunch of seaweed shimmying underwater like you were getting ready for a Disney movie trailer........)
              Yeah, I saw that one too. Not much more exciting than the guy drinking juice. At least the Atlantis trailers had something to do with the premise of the show.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                Interesting thought. Maybe when she is split in two, one of her gets the shy, inhibited part and the other has no inhibitions and says what she thinks and does what she wants. This could be very interesting especially if the uninhibited Sam gets a hold of Jack. Just think what would she would say and more importantly DO to him!!!! Yeah, I'm liking this idea more and more.
                hee hee hee

What cookies you been eatin' Nana?

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                  oops! sorry ship daddy...how on earth did I make that mistake?...oh...its been TWELVE DAYS since I've seen Stargate!!!!! WIIIITHDRAAAWWWLLLL!!!!!!
                  I'll forgive you...

This time
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                    I thought someone was out there.
                    <snip>
                    That smiley is so totally me........With the back of the head-ache/neckache I've had since midday yesterday (Advil's only cutting it a bit) (& no it's not related to problems w/this site! ) I can identify w/that smiley in a big way today.
                    Thank you so much for it. I'll just sit here & zone in on it for a while......
                    (And I must really take smiley lessons from the masters one of these days!)

Comment

Just took a quick peak at the anti shipper thread and I had to laugh. Apparently we're not the only ones reading between the lines for Season 8. I don't understand what all the Carter bashing is about though. I don't think she is weak or weepy or anything like that. I think Season 7 was probably one of the best for her. It showed her emotions, more yes, but I think that only strengthens her character. She's not infallable....Daniel cries more than she does and no one bashes him!!!

I have definitely been reading too much fanfic tonight cause I feel like the lines are starting to blur on their relationship. How much longer are we gonna have to wait??

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                        I wish though that AT would make up her mind-I get a severe case of whiplash when i read or hear her comments
                        I'm glad I'm not the only one

It is very hard to read her interviews anymore, because in one breath she'll say Pete's great, and in another she'll say I wan't to finish the show with Jack...

As I'm sitting her thinking about it the only thing I can come up with is that because she has to maintain the 'party line' so-to-speak she has to say all this stuff about Pete. Which always comes out sounding the same 'Pete's a nice guy'. Of course then she also has to throw a bone to the shippers because I'm sure they make up a large portion of her fan base.

Poor AT she must be cought between a rock and a hard place.
                        ~BCM =)

Comment

I just got the chance to read the excerpt from the Dreamwatch article. Jeesh just won't fade into the background, will he? It seems that every article I've read recently concerning Stargate SG-1 mentions him. I don't believe that I've ever seen a supporting character, except for the bad guys, get as much publicity as has been getting. TPTB are either trying to cover their butts with regard to 's characterization flaws (or AT has taken it upon herself to do so for them) or they are intentionally wanting to keep the pot broiling.
                          It is rather disconcerting just how much Pete has been mentioned in all the articles and interviews. But I honestly believe that's a good thing.

I think they wanted him to be a good guy. I think they wanted him to be a really nice guy, but I think the writers screwed it up, they left plot hole after plot hole that made him look like a jerk. If he was supposed to be a jerk I don't think they would have made a big deal out of it.

Basically I think they are trying to convince us that he's a nice guy because they need him to be a nice guy.

IMO they need Pete to be a nice guy because they want Pete to keep Sam and Jack apart until TPTB are ready to get them together.

My guess is that they don't want to introduce another bf since they already have Pete, and since he was supposed to be a nice guy they figure they can just tell us he's a nice guy and then play him as a nice guy and everything will be okay. I think they are just going to push ahead and keep him, because in the long run, he's just a Plot Device and doesn't matter.

Unfortunately they aren't considering what it looks like for the character of Sam and how bad it makes her look, by putting up with his behavior. Not to mention the fact that this whole arc has both sides of the fence complaining that she's not the character she once was
                          ~BCM =)

Comment

Spoilers s8 Gemini

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            Why a double CARTER ? Same ..because the clone Carter can kiss jack without consequences
                            We don't actually know it's a clone, all we were told was that there were going to be 2 Sam Carters in the episode and that it was NOT an AU.

It could be a clone, or it could be a future Sam or it could be a Sam from the past, or it could be that the Robot Sam from Tin Man/Double Jepardy got fixed.

It could be any number of things.

And while I would guess that any episode with two of either Jack or Sam is going to be shippy I'll wait untill we get spoilers before I get my hopes up too high
                            ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                              Feel free to rant away!

I don't think even the NASTIEST of bad guys have gotten this much publicity!!!!!!!!!! It's like they REFUSE to admit what a CREEP he is--so they're cramming him down out throats!!!! In fact--I'm not sure DANIEL got this much publicity when he came back at the beginning of S7!! They seem to be putting out a DELUGE of biblical proportions to get us to accept him!! Well, NO WAY! NO HOW!! NOT GONNA DO IT!!

hmmm...... why does this rant sound familiar???
                              Ohhh, it's what I said about a week ago that TPTB are trying sooo damn hard to shove down our throats as a "nice guy" when we (us shippers) know he's not!!!
                              Marimba I agree with you 100%!!!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                                Yes, I read that too and *I* ALMOST BARFED (and believe me, my kids have made sure I have a STRONG stomach)! I was like, "Would you quit riding the fence?!!!!!" I'm DDL is very nice and all that but PTUI is NOT!!!!! I'm hoping that bit that Sally posted means what we all hope! She *DID* say that *A LOT* of people would be happy, I'm hoping that means the majority of her fans who are SHIPPERS! I'm kind of hoping that she's not just saying it to yank our chains though, b/c if that's the case I'd rather have SILENCE!
                                Yeah Marimba but we are still not getting the real thing. It is still dream Jack or in this case torture Jack and fake Sam. I'm tired of settling for second best. After 7 seasons it's time for TPTB to step up to the plate and it better be the second half of Season 8.

Shippers always get the short end of the stick and we're supposed to be happy with whatever tidbit they throw our way and go meekly back to our video's and fanfic.

I'm mad as h*(( and I'm not gonna take it anymore!!!!!

Sorry for the Shipper meltdown!

Ok, I'm better now.

Back to the kitchen to bake more shipper cookies!!! Anyone for a cookie?
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X