This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26
    I think you're on to something here, Elfinwood. Jack doesn't want to smother her. He doesn't want to stifle her creaitivity. He doesn't want to own her. That, to me, is the KEY difference between him and her other suitors. Most of them seem to want to possess her and mold her into something she can't be.

Jack just accepts her for who she is, he doesn't demand that she change. I think this is the ONLY type of relationship that can succeed for Sam. She isn't compiant and I think she would chafe if she were with a man who expected that.

She is very passionate and we see that passion at its height when she thinks she is going to fail. She doesn't accept failure very well at all. Look at her reaction in "Lost City"--her heartbreak shows on her face (just rips my heart out every time). Not to mention "100 Days" and "Paradise Lost" where she had the same reaction IMO.

I think if she were to end up with someone like (insert boyfriend of the week here) who was sweet and clearly adored her but COULDN'T feel the passion that she feels, she'd be unhappy. For all Jack's faults, he IS a very passionate person as well--anyone who would so willingly give up his life for the greater good...well, that says it all IMHO. I think he's the only one capable of feelings that would match the level of her feelings. They are BOTH very dedicated to the things they care about and wholly commit themselves (I think this would apply to a relationship too). Neither of them do things without that all-encompassing dedication that we love about BOTH of them. I think Jack tries to deflect attention from that trait through sarcasm but it comes through just the same.

Okay, now that I've rambled on a while, I think my point is that Sam just won't be happy with someone who is *lukewarm* and I think Jack is the only man who isn't!

Sorry for the long post!

Don't be sorry for the long post.

Well said and I agree with you wholeheartedly. I hope that the writers show us a little bit of that passion this season.

Spoilers for Season 8: New Order and beyond
    On a serious note though, I do hope that we see some interaction between Sam and Jack that deals with the new professional relationship that they will undoubtedly have. I wouldn't mind seeing Sam coming back at Jack on some things. She was always very respectful of Hammond; but her relationship with Jack is a bit different and even though she has always been the good little 2IC, I would like to see her voice her opinions a little more strongly as a team leader. I believe it is in her and I really think that Jack would admire her even more for it. A little spat would be good for the UST too. Besides, maybe if they start to act more like peers, the rest of it will come easier.

Comment

Gemini means Dual personality too ..I expect both sam to be completley different ,...one overt ...and the sam we know ..the overt one will jump on Jack ...I bet this is it ....She'll get Jack in the locker room real good

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
        I am really getting so tired of the Error message I keep getting. I have even tried to post sometimes when I do get in and for some reason I go back to the error message. Our old home is looking better and better.

I can not wait until July 9, there had better be some warm, fuzzy Jack and Sam moments or else. I have missed you guys, I feel like the door to the house is locked and I can only peek inside the windows with the stupid error message. I better tell you guys everything because heaven only knows when I can get back on again. What is the problem?????????? Tame I am so glad you are back and totally understand the reason for the break. Marimba and Caty your videos describe the relationship that Jack and Sam should have. You guys are fabulous. Ship Nana what can I say, I can smell those delicious cookies all the way over here.

I have to say I also agree with you guys about the commercials for season 8 they are completely untelling. They describe nothing of season 8 only that there will be one. Very frustrating and yet mysterious.

Us shippers are the best people, we always see a light at the end of a tunnel, the glass is always half full, and we may wabble but we will not fall down. Enough????????? We have gone through 7 seasons with very subtle ship (some episodes none at all) and here we are excited and hopeful about season 8. Why would anyone not want to be a shipper??????????????

Just remember even if I can't get the door unlocked, I am always here with you guys in spirit.

Lynn

Lynn - So glad you were able to get something posted!!!!!!!

I can not wait for July 5th and the 9th as well!!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome Back..Hopefully you won't keep having problems and will be posting as much as you want too. I know it gets frustrating whe you have alot or a little to say and you can't get it to post!!!

We are all keeping our fingers and toes crossed that TPTB won't let us down!!!
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          Spoilers for S8 ep New Order 2

I've been trying to get an exact quote from this Cult Times issue #30 for days -winks at ShipDaddy- and finally I found it.

* this is curteousy of Stargate Sg-1 Solutions - http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ip...x.php?p=57&c=1 *

Anyhoo, here's the part I was excited to tell you guys.

Amanda: “O'Neill was back for a brief shining moment last week wherein it was a bit of a dream torture sequence we were filming.” [New Order]. “The dream sequence was actually quite idyllic and it was interesting to see what actually goes on inside Carter’s head. What her ideal future is.” Tapping grins that a lot of the fans are going to like it.

I like it alright!!!

Sally

Gawd...I hope it's what I want it to be!

...and not the other one already discussed.

Spoilers Season 8: New Order
          Maybe though, Fifth takes pity on her after frightening her with the future and gives her another view? Yeah. I like that!!!

Munchmunchmunch. Stuffing face frantically with shipper cookies.

Comment

I've been trying to get an exact quote from this Cult Times issue #30 for days -winks at ShipDaddy- and finally I found it.

* this is curteousy of Stargate Sg-1 Solutions - http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ip...x.php?p=57&c=1 *

Amanda: “O'Neill was back for a brief shining moment last week wherein it was a bit of a dream torture sequence we were filming.” [New Order]. “The dream sequence was actually quite idyllic and it was interesting to see what actually goes on inside Carter’s head. What her ideal future is.” Tapping grins that a lot of the fans are going to like it.

I like it alright!!!

Sally

WOOOWWW!!! I like it, I like it!!! That's one fan down!!!

Now that is a spoiler that we can sink our teeth into!!!! Hmmmm! Wonder if that is what goes on inside of Sam's head, the teeth part I mean. Hehehehe

See!!! Even her subconscience knows where and who she belongs with!!! And who NOT she belongs with
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
              I am really getting so tired of the Error message I keep getting. I have even tried to post sometimes when I do get in and for some reason I go back to the error message. Our old home is looking better and better.

I can not wait until July 9, there had better be some warm, fuzzy Jack and Sam moments or else. I have missed you guys, I feel like the door to the house is locked and I can only peek inside the windows with the stupid error message. I better tell you guys everything because heaven only knows when I can get back on again. What is the problem?????????? Tame I am so glad you are back and totally understand the reason for the break. Marimba and Caty your videos describe the relationship that Jack and Sam should have. You guys are fabulous. Ship Nana what can I say, I can smell those delicious cookies all the way over here.

I have to say I also agree with you guys about the commercials for season 8 they are completely untelling. They describe nothing of season 8 only that there will be one. Very frustrating and yet mysterious.

Us shippers are the best people, we always see a light at the end of a tunnel, the glass is always half full, and we may wabble but we will not fall down. Enough????????? We have gone through 7 seasons with very subtle ship (some episodes none at all) and here we are excited and hopeful about season 8. Why would anyone not want to be a shipper??????????????

Just remember even if I can't get the door unlocked, I am always here with you guys in spirit.

Lynn

Don't worry Lynn. Your shipper family will leave the light on for you so you can always find your way home!!!!
              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by lorelei
                That whole non-existent poll they keep mentioning drives me crazy too and I definitely think it was the kiss that gave Grace such a high rating.
                On the same DVD with Inauguration there's a "Beyond the Gate" with AT--did you notice her hair? It was really long like AU Sam. Do you think it's extensions she gets for her hair when they're on hiatus or do you think there might be another AU episode coming up (I can only hope!)?
                None of the above. I think we are living in an AU and in the real universe, that is the one that counts, never existed and Sam and Jack are gonna be together in Season 8.
                Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
                  Don't be sorry for the long post.

Well said and I agree with you wholeheartedly. I hope that the writers show us a little bit of that passion this season.

Spoilers for Season 8: New Order and beyond
                  On a serious note though, I do hope that we see some interaction between Sam and Jack that deals with the new professional relationship that they will undoubtedly have. I wouldn't mind seeing Sam coming back at Jack on some things. She was always very respectful of Hammond; but her relationship with Jack is a bit different and even though she has always been the good little 2IC, I would like to see her voice her opinions a little more strongly as a team leader. I believe it is in her and I really think that Jack would admire her even more for it. A little spat would be good for the UST too. Besides, maybe if they start to act more like peers, the rest of it will come easier.
                  I believe you are right about this. Jack has always let Sam speak her mind for the most part and part of that is because I think he just thinks she is so sexy when she is showing how tough and smart she is. JACK *APPRECIATES* that about Sam!!! But he is also well Jack and he has to have a * go around* with her to keep the *juices flowing!!
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

My shipper mind is already imagining so many different ways for New World and Gemini to play out. I can hardly wait. I love living in a positive world it is so much happier. I honestly believe that "the person who shall remain nameless" although may be around in Season 8 will be on his way out. The worst of the storm I believe has passed and shippier waters are ahead. I believe someone on this thread said it best, with "that person" around Jack and Sam have let their guards down so to speak and have become friends again and I think that Season 8 with be the growth of that friendship into a loving relationship.

As far as Gemini is concerned I hope that they portray both Sams as the original Sam would be, but maybe one as carefree and the other the military because this is what the original Sam is going through. Does that make any sense? What I mean by that is play out what is going on in Sams head, this could be very interesting,but just the Jack side of course.

Comment

To Nickatel //You mean the sex maniac side of the Sam clone?!!!!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        Hey Di...pssst......
                        Sally has a clone of a clone.......I got a real one....hee hee
                        I will send it over right away......but be really quiet about K?? This is just between us. Sally doesn't know I kept this one!!
                        ((((((((Tame))))))))
                        NOW I'm feelin the love!!!!!!! I'll be waiting at the door, dressed in a copy of that lil tank top Jack liked so much in Broca Divide

Thanks sweetie!

Di, wearing that tank top and a big grin

Comment

I like it alright!!!

Sally
                          Sal,
                          That part's good, but I was VERY disappointed to see her comments about the "delectable"(blech) Det. , and that she was going to continue her romance with him.

excuse me while I go barf.

I can assure her that THIS fan will not like that particular future.

Di

Comment

Ah oh...

*takes deep swallow*

Hey, Di, guess what? I've got an even NEWER and IMPROVED JackClone, just for YOU!

*wipes brow*

Please know I haven't trial runned this one, so any 'accidental' limb detachment is solely your burden. But hey, according to Tame, his head works just fine even when it's not attached to his body!

Sally
                            Oh Sally, for ME????

You're forgiven for the original omission

Feelin the love again (esp with 2 JackClones on the way!)

Di

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              Hi LtLisa!!!!! My FAVORITE DANCING LT
                              Yes I am back with all my SHIPPINESS intact!!

ShipDaddy's new Avatar Is President Hayes NOT Kinsey (ewww) BECAUSE the Pres is A Closet Shipper you know!!

So hopefully all is well there now that you know that it is the President and not the icky gross Kinsey.....

I have missed you!!!!!! And I have a huge grin now that I know you are still dancing......girl you are just tireless!!!!
                              <waves back> glad you're back! was sad to hear you'd gone on hiatus, danced and chanted just for you! (it worked, you're back )

yup, that was my favorite part of that episode. we need a special reprieve of the regs...Jack should threaten to retire (when they decide to promote him) if he can't have that pesky reg bent...

and I can watch the S6 episodes! we get fox!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!
                              Last edited by LtLisa; 11 June 2004, 09:27 AM. Reason: the chant!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                              ~Imzadi
                              describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                              Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

I like it alright!!!

Sally
                                sweet! this could be good!
                                and I love your new sig Aunt Sally

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                                ~Imzadi
                                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Working...
                                X