This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers for Season 8 that you probably already know

WooHoo!! I have good news! At least that's the way I'm seeing it.

This is a clip from an interview with RDA posted today on SciFiWire:

Anderson added that he appreciated that the show's cast and crew have accommodated his schedule "by creating nothing but hardship for themselves, primarily." Among other things, producers schedule scenes featuring Anderson's character from several episodes on the days when he's in Vancouver and work around him on other days. That allows O'Neill to appear in almost all of the episodes.

More Jack!!! More Ship!! Yay!!!!!

Anderson also discussed a few spoilers for the upcoming two-hour season premiere. By the episode's end, O'Neill wins a promotion and a new job. "The cliche that I reference in talking about the character now in his current position is that of a fish out of water," Anderson said. "O'Neill, on paper, really doesn't belong in [that] position. ... But he's, you know, embraced it as much as he can. ... [But] in so many ways [he] would rather be on the front lines. He'd rather be a man of action than a man of great thought or great organization. ... But ... we've made the adjustment, I think, and accommodated the character quirks that I've developed over the years, and to a great degree I think that it's been successful. People are pretty happy. The writers were having a ball in the beginning, because they all know me well enough to know that I'd be putting a certain twist to it. But I still wanted to be respectful to the Air Force."
    Now, I'm excited about Season 8!! This addresses what I was thinking about Jack adjusting to his new position. Looks like fun!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      Spoilers for Season 8 that you probably already know

WooHoo!! I have good news! At least that's the way I'm seeing it.

This is a clip from an interview with RDA posted today on SciFiWire:

More Jack!!! More Ship!! Yay!!!!!

Now, I'm excited about Season 8!! This addresses what I was thinking about Jack adjusting to his new position. Looks like fun!!

Shame he didn't say anything about the Sam and Jack tap-dancing but anyway it's good news if Jack is in nearly all the episodes....and he's thinking about doing something else than being General O'neill....May be he'll go for the house husband ...when he's with Sam and kids.

Thank you Token..for the new spoilers and infos.

Caty aka Shipdiva

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        VIDEO 43 "Je t'aime encore" Natasha St Pier...Sam aime Jack ..Il est l'amour de sa vie. ...Beautiful French song ..Great voice.

Caty aka ShipDiva

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! The language of love!!!!!
        Ship Nana

Comment

And if I remember a few episodes with Sam and Jack interacting together ..Jack was a pain in the neck...and was quite rude to Sam sometimes ...I mean , she did'nt seem to mind which is a good thing ..She knows him and she loves grumpy Jack anyway
          Yes there are a few times when he snaps at her I just have to cringe. Fortunately it's only happened a few times.

I really do hope they gonna drop the awkwardness between them when they talk about feelings ....They used it to much....and if they want to move forward , they need to relax more in each other's presence outside work..I hope we'll get that ..They just need to start talking about life in general and bring the subject to their own life.
          Yes the awkwardness is getting very old very fast, they work with eachother day in and day out you'd think they'd be used to it by now It's all for "dramatic effect". Frankly I prefer when they banter back and forth more, to me it just shows off their chemistry all the more.
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
            Hey, no hurtin' goin on at this thread--your opinion and perspective matter!

Now, note the phrase 'brief flickers'

At first I also felt, well heck, stranger things have happened to BOTH of you, FCOL this is pretty run of the mill stuff for life at the SGC. But I thought Jack finally backed her up superbly when Col. Simmons (was that his name?) was getting nasty right before they tried to capture Orlin...and he came over with a pizza and movie -- (shows some caring) and although Jack said "good for you" for having someone over, there was still a look he gave her...one of surprise mixed with sadness....but hey, I'm no expert, just an aficionado, devotee, enthusiast, admirer, even an addict of the ship. Hallucinations on my part should not shock

Di
            Also, did you note how he kept trying to look inside to see who was with Sam. He kept looking even as she closed the door.
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
              IMHO, the rudeness/indifference that played out on the screen (intentional or not) was along the lines of the indifference of the rest of the team in the episode where Sam came tumbling through the Gate & everyone stood around w/out helping her. An action/reaction we don't expect given the team's past history.......
              I like the way you put the last line : "An action/reaction we don't expect given the team's past history" I think that's exactly why those two scene grate. I think Daniel's explination is spot on, but for me it doesn't give a person the right to be rude.
              ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by mjj1993
                You know, that has always bugged me! I remember thinking "is she really going to throw that radio in the lake for cryin out loud? What is she---nuts?" I just couldn't figure out what the h$%^ she was doing witht his things by the lake. But manipulative--oh yeah! She started right away--i know her little story about how she grieved for her husband for 100 days was supposed to have us sympathize with her but I saw it as right away putting her hooks into him and letting him know to give up!
                That's funny because I saw it as her way of saying grieve for however long you think is appropriate. I also saw it as her way of saying I'll wait for you to move on.

But hey maybe that was just me
                ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                  Totally agree! She was trying overly hard to get him to give up. To me, that means she didn't know him very well because Jack never gives up. There is always a Plan B, C, D, etc. Laira didn't know if a ship was on the way or not. She wanted her hooks in him as quickly as possible. She didn't go with him because she knew she had manipulated his feelings, and they were not true feelings.
                  OK, quick post, then I have to run the kids to swimteam practice...

What's the oldest manipulative trick in the book? Yep, the old I'm pregnant scenario. She specifically said she wanted Jack to give her a baby (well, who doesn't? ). I took that as a MAJOR tactic to try to tie Jack to her. Remember how she patted her stomach as SG1 walked away? Unsure of the time lines, but I really don't think she was pregnant after the first night (yes, theoretically it can and does happen, but HOW would she know yet?), so why the belly rub ala pregnant women?

Wondered if TPTB would ever revisit that issue. As if our twosome needed MORE obstacles...hmmmmf....must run, will talk more tonight

Di

Comment

What's the oldest manipulative trick in the book? Yep, the old I'm pregnant scenario. She specifically said she wanted Jack to give her a baby (well, who doesn't? ). I took that as a MAJOR tactic to try to tie Jack to her. Remember how she patted her stomach as SG1 walked away? Unsure of the time lines, but I really don't think she was pregnant after the first night (yes, theoretically it can and does happen, but HOW would she know yet?), so why the belly rub ala pregnant women?

Wondered if TPTB would ever revisit that issue. As if our twosome needed MORE obstacles...hmmmmf....must run, will talk more tonight

Di

I suppose she didn't have time to grab her husband to make her pregnant ..therefore she grabbed the one there at the time...and because the clock was ticking ...she thought Jack was the one ...Well of course ..he could not do anything else ....if he had to live on that planet for the rest of his life ..well at least he had a woman. ..even if he would have prefered to be on Earth without a relationship but seing Sam everyday ..but hey apparently all that was gone.....so ...what the heck !!!!...She wants a kid ...what's the big deal ...Jack was thinking ....I don't have to save the world anymore ..I just have to go and chop wood everyday....and then I can have a son to run around with in the fields when he's older...Bet he must have thought about that.

But I think Jack is a gentle man ..and because he was glad to go back to Earth ..I think he still could not ignore the woman he just had a relationship with.....and yes it was hard for Sam ..
                    He still should have hugged all of the team ..Teal'c , Daniel and Sam....because at the end of it ..it's thanks to Sam and Teal'c that he could go back...
                    But hey Is Jack really like that ?I think TPTB has been playing with the shippers from season 1 ...giving you something and taking it away ...and I bet they will still do it for the final episode ....

I hope no ..but I expect it ...Something like Sam is taken away from Jack ..After all this is what they wanted to do in the lost city ..take away Jack from Sam ..they were supposed to have a kiss..they did it.... the kiss ..Woohooo AND THEN boum Jack is frozen and Sam is sad....Well, Don't you think something like that is gonna happen at the end of season 8?!!!!
                    Me think.. Sam is gonna do the ultimate sacrifice to save Jack ..can't be Jack this time ..has been done ..Daniel has already done the sacrifice thingie as well....Sam has not ...If somebody does ..it's got to be her (may something to do with the revenge of the replicators Fith if he is not dead) or something else ..she won't be frozen but something else will happen to her )...but I think they will give us plenty of ship first( kisses..fishing and all that) and then ....Sam goes in a bang ( she won't die) until season 9 or the movie because they (TPTB)'ll be playing again and say that they still can't be together, because they have to please all the fans!!!!! ....then she'll get rescue (season 9 or movie) and then hopefully they 'll be allowed to live happily ever after ...

But hey this is the worse case scenario I'm thinking off...if they want to please everybody I suppose....

I still think that if 2 people want to be together cuz they truly love each other , let it be..LOVE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE , CAREER COMES SECOND OR SHOULD COME SECOND.

Happiness...happiness ..for Sam and Jack at the end of it all cuz they both deserve it after what they've been through.

SAM AND JACK FOREVER TOGETHER.

Caty .

Comment

this is my first post so if this has been asked i apologize in advance... but has there been any spoilers, interviews or anything that has indicated that the Jack and Sam shippiness will continue in season 8? I would love it to, and would love for them to end up together in the very end of the show.

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                      MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
                        this is my first post so if this has been asked i apologize in advance... but has there been any spoilers, interviews or anything that has indicated that the Jack and Sam shippiness will continue in season 8? I would love it to, and would love for them to end up together in the very end of the show.

Welcome to the shipperland Nikkirose

And we didn't get spoilers regarding the Sam and Jack ship but no news..good news .

Edited to say that Amanda said that Jack is Sam's one true love ..but she can't have him ..so is not bad either .....She will carry on to show Jack that she cares in season 8.

Post lots

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Di
                          Let's not give TPTB any ideas of other obstacles to throw in Sam and Jack's path. They have enough on their plates right now and it ain't Shipper Cookies. What a shame!!!!
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Shame he didn't say anything about the Sam and Jack tap-dancing but anyway it's good news if Jack is in nearly all the episodes....and he's thinking about doing something else than being General O'neill....May be he'll go for the house husband ...when he's with Sam and kids.

Thank you Token..for the new spoilers and infos.

Caty aka Shipdiva
                            Other than the fact that RDA stated that Jack would be in most espisodes, he did not reveal anything new. I sure hope that they do not make the episodes Jack light in order to have him in them all. I would rather see him used well (by Sam) in a few episodes then used lightly and appear in them all.

RDA didn't give us anything to sink our teeth into (I'll bet Jack would like to sink his teeth into Sam)...Bad ShipNana *slaps own hand*.

See what happens when they don't give us any spoilers to speak of. I'm stuck stuffing myself with Shipper Cookies and using my imagination.
                            Last edited by Ship Nana; 09 June 2004, 04:01 PM.
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Di

I took it as more wishful thinking/hoping on her part. Not that she knew that she was pregnant.
                              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                                Other than the fact that RDA stated that Jack would be in most espisodes, he did not reveal anything new. I sure hope that they do not make the episodes Jack light in order to have him in them all. I would rather see him used well (by Sam) in a few episodes then used lightly and appear in them all.

RDA didn't give us anything to sink our teeth into (I'll bet Jack would like to sink his teeth into Sam)...Bad ShipNana *slaps own hand*.

See what happens when they don't give us any spoiler to speak of. I'm stuck stuffing myself with Shipper Cookies and using my imaginatio
                                ROFLMAOOOOOOOO
                                Nana!!!! <shocked expression on my face>

I am going with the theory that NO news is Goods news as I said before. It is now my Mantra.
                                As long as No one is saying ANYTHING then there is a chance!!

Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X