This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship Nana
    I think you are correct. If you notice just about every week we get new preview clips from Atlantis but absolutely NOTHING and I mean NOTHING for Stargate.

Whassuup with that?!

Maybe they are just trying to keep as much under wraps as possible. But it would be nice to get just a little something to help keep us going!!!!
    I think they are just doing the full-court press to market Atlantis. They don't want Stargate to take away from Atlantis' debut...not that it would.

Token ~

Comment

I will not rest until that ring is on her finger!!!!!
      You go girl!!!!

A girl can dream, can't she?!
      Absolutely!!!!! and I'll dream with you!

Token ~

Comment

I noticed her hair also. Definitely longer than it has been recently. I like it but I thought that the Air Force didn't like it long!
        not too long. when it gets to window of oportunity long (ah thems were the days eh?) then it would be getting in the way so she'd have to cut it, but i think as long as its not in her face and obstructing her vision and whatnot i think she's ok. ( i know this has been discussed before, possibly back in my lurker days, but i just can't remember the exact details at the mo' )

Comment

k call me crazy (cos i am ) but has anyone considered switching their MRE's with cookies?

btw token, i'm still trying to come up with a ship alter ego for you. ya know, token shipper just doesn't sound right, but so far, its all i got.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            The ONLY thing I've seen him say and give away, so to speak, was something he'd said a few months ago - and it's become my staple sigline on the samjack list.

From RDA interview re avenues for S8 -

"There are some relationship aspects
            that haven't been examined fully or
            completely, or resolved in any way,
            shape or form... I guess the titillating
            aspect of the ongoing tap-dance that
            O'Neill and Carter have been playing
            with really does need to be addressed."

That quote has continued to be my lighthouse in the storm. There are things here and there that sustain me through this crappy bf storyline, but they're few and far between. RDA's quote is something I return to frequently to soothe my worries.

Sally, who had a crappy day at work... and is having an even crappier time at home.
            (((((((Sally)))))))

You need hugs again!! Hope everything at home clears up soon...at least your shipper family is here for you, with love unconditionally.

I had a crappy week as well -- fell down 2 flights of stairs (can you say micro tears in a rotator cuff/shoulder muscle) - hurts to type, bathe the kids, even to lift my wine glass. Keep telling myself Sam or Jack would shake it off, but D@*#, it HURTS!

OK, back on topic, REALLY like RDA's quote...haven't seen it before, but can certainly see why you return to it. I keep chanting Plot Device Pete, but it gets really hard to say quickly .

Keep Ship Alive....
            Di

Comment

Spoilers for S8 ep New Order pt 2

When I was looking at the pics for part two, with pics of Sam and Sam and Fifth, I noticed how ticked Fifth looked. It started making me wonder what he'll be like when he's protraying PS in Sam's mind. He'll make Sam think she's living in Montana on a farm with PS (got to really wonder what the heck's with that.<g>). Anyhoo, it made me start thinking that maybe Sam's vision of PS will be frightening, which I won't mind seeing at all. So, maybe his persona for Sam will be what ours has been for him all along! Joking aside, how do you think he'll be used in his scenes for Sam? Ideas?

*I think it's kind of neat that the powers are using a new form of virtual entertainment, where they bring the fans literally into the scene - Sam's being tortured by Fifth, and the FANS are being tortured by PS's presence! *

Sally

I'm expecting to see Sam on horseback,since AT has said she likes riding. Maybe P*S is a dud on a horse (city boy), and Sam realizes she'll have to do all the ridin', ropin', and wranglin' work on the "farm". :=) As an aside, I've never heard of a "farm" in that part of the western USA. Even if they're pretty small I've always heard them called "ranches," so I'm wondering who first wrote that info about the ep, official publicity or whatever. However, if someone from Montana says I'm wrong I will certainly backtrack....fast.

But about this Montana farm thing----yes, where did THAT come from. Sam can't get together with Jack because of regs, so she gets a bf outside of her work, where regs don't apply. Then Fifth plumbs her mind and she's imagining she's NOT in the SGC but is with P*S. Why not have her still in SGC but with P**S? (If they have to do it at all). If they are going to have that why couldn't we have had a ep where she's imagining she's not in the SGC and is with JACK. Say in Grace, she not only asks the Jack vision about leaving the AF but we see her vision of what it is like to be out of the AF and with HIM. Anyway, all she'd need is a transfer.

Comment

Read a fanfic very recently that really got me down. I've read ones where Sam dies, or Jack dies, sometimes without telling each other their real feelings and I've recovered rather quickly, but this one, whew!!(title or author -sorry, I'm too lazy to seach for them)
                Spoiler, sort of
                Jack gets defrosted, is back at SGC and approaches Sam with the idea of starting a real relationship (apparently he isnot her CO-at least for a while) Says Sam in so many words, sorry it's too late, too many years have gone by!!!! Bummer!!!!!

Comment

That's it!!!! It's all in his backpack. I always wondered what was in that darned backpack he has carried around for 7+ seasons. He has had that blanket and extra set of Sam's clothes but TPTB never gave him an opportunity to use them. Well now he has it.

You know what else he carries in that backpack? Hmmmmmm?

Yes!

It's Sam's Engagement Ring!!!!!

And here it is just in case everyone forgot what it looked like.

LOL!! I was thinking today (yes, yes, that's dangerous), Hammond is leaving SGC so wouldn't this be the perfect time for him to have a little talk with Jack BEFORE he took command? Someting to the tune of "Son, I've been doing this a long time, and I don't need a crystal ball to see that you and Major Carter care alot about each other. You need to get your priorities in order Jack...you and SG1 just saved the world AGAIN. Don't let the goodwill you've created go to waste---DO something Jack, before you lose the opportunity. Good Luck...and invite me to the wedding.

In my inebriated mind, sounds kinda Hammond -y

Di

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    not too long. when it gets to window of oportunity long (ah thems were the days eh?) then it would be getting in the way so she'd have to cut it, but i think as long as its not in her face and obstructing her vision and whatnot i think she's ok. ( i know this has been discussed before, possibly back in my lurker days, but i just can't remember the exact details at the mo' )
                    Yep, I believe we have put forth the idea that Sam has a Samson thing goin on...there was definitly more ship (overt, that is) when our girl had longer hair. OMG...her hair's longer? It's a SIGN!! I'll have to get over to the pics and see

Di

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                      (((((((Sally)))))))

I love all the hugs I get from my shipper family!

*blows kisses to sweetie family*

You need hugs again!! Hope everything at home clears up soon...at least your shipper family is here for you, with love unconditionally.
                      Just my cable company trying to take away the scifi channel unless I get digital cable. Which I don't want. Which costs 10 dollars more a month. With five million movie and music channels, which I don't care about. BUT BY GOD, THEY'RE DOING US A FAVOR! *takes deep breath* Then my dad is driving me CRAZY when all I wanted to do was play on this thread. *takes another deep breath*... *realizes if doing that again will cause hyperventilation* ........ *blinks from tunnel vision* And don't get me started on work with STUPID employees that make the customers look like Einsteins. K, done venting.

I had a crappy week as well -- fell down 2 flights of stairs (can you say micro tears in a rotator cuff/shoulder muscle) - hurts to type, bathe the kids, even to lift my wine glass. Keep telling myself Sam or Jack would shake it off, but D@*#, it HURTS!
                      Oh, hon....

*hugs*

Poor rotator cuff broken honeybee.

OK, back on topic, REALLY like RDA's quote...haven't seen it before, but can certainly see why you return to it. I keep chanting Plot Device Pete, but it gets really hard to say quickly .

LOL! And with the agony of your arm being ripped out of your shoulder after falling down 25 flights of stairs... it's a wonder you can talk at all. Guess those shipper cookies give you the strength of the arm bands, eh?

Sally, feeling goofy after watching Avenger and laughing my butt off. I LOVE Felger!
                      Last edited by majorsal; 04 June 2004, 09:43 PM. Reason: i was dumb
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm replying to the same post again because this just popped into my mind after I'd already hit send.
                        You just wanted to make your post count higher... We Know.

Don't you think the spoilers so far have been rather stark? And look at the pics released. Do they really give anything away? They're so vague that... *sigh* I think it's being done on purpose, and I think it has to do with what Darren said a few weeks ago about spoiling the show with spoilers and such. I don't know if I like this. I feel we're being inundated with Atlantis stuff, but Stargate is being hidden behind a mask or something. Like Stargate fans need anymore irritations than we've already got. What do you guys think?
                        I think that the pics this season aren't as telling as they were last season. The pics basically just confirm some of the info we already have, but no much else. They also seem to be from basically the same scenes and don't away anything new.

I do however still enjoy getting to see them ahead of time.
                        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                          Sam can't get together with Jack because of regs, so she gets a bf outside of her work, where regs don't apply. Then Fifth plumbs her mind and she's imagining she's NOT in the SGC but is with P*S. Why not have her still in SGC but with P**S? (If they have to do it at all). If they are going to have that why couldn't we have had a ep where she's imagining she's not in the SGC and is with JACK. Say in Grace, she not only asks the Jack vision about leaving the AF but we see her vision of what it is like to be out of the AF and with HIM. Anyway, all she'd need is a transfer.
                          Yes, why couldn't it have been with Jack instead? Yes, keep asking these questions, because I keep asking them too. Another wasted opportunity to show some S/J ship, and it wouldn't have even hurt in real time because it would all have been fantasy. But, I'll just hope that they'll show PS in the light that I already see him in; glaring, unwanted, and obtrusive.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Well, in order for it to be believable when Sam and Jack get together, I mean really "Together" and we all know what that means, there has to be a re-building of their relationship. Or at the very least, a continuation of their relationship. That is gonna take some time and some talking, some glances, some special smiling, in other words, some ship.

It doesn't have to take over the show, and it can be subtle, but it definitely has to occur and it has to occur over some time not just in one episode. Otherwise, it just won't be believable.

Besides, TPTB owe us big time.
                            Yeah, but with the way they seem to turn the ship on and off like a water faucet, I'm a little nervious they may go 'oh look it's time for the ship again' *cranks the ship faucet to the 'on' possition* I'd rather have little, subtle, hints spread over the full season. This on again, off again thing makes TPTB and the characters look wishy-washy on the subject.
                            ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                              Read a fanfic very recently that really got me down. I've read ones where Sam dies, or Jack dies, sometimes without telling each other their real feelings and I've recovered rather quickly, but this one, whew!!(title or author -sorry, I'm too lazy to seach for them)
                              Spoiler, sort of
                              Jack gets defrosted, is back at SGC and approaches Sam with the idea of starting a real relationship (apparently he isnot her CO-at least for a while) Says Sam in so many words, sorry it's too late, too many years have gone by!!!! Bummer!!!!!

Ooh, what a happy ending!... NOT.

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I noticed her hair also. Definitely longer than it has been recently. I like it but I thought that the Air Force didn't like it long!
                                my favorite hair style was s4.5-6 (short(er)) s1-3 were nice. I didn't think it was very flatering when it was long in the first part of s4 and I wasn't very crazy about s7 either, although it got better in the second half.

I'm going to wait and see what it looks like on TV throughout an episode before I make any dicisions on s8

Oh yeah, and I love it when she wears that green cap.
                                ~BCM =)

Comment

Working...
                                X