This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtLisa
    that would make me the ship monkey...I'll accept...kinda funny since I do research on monkeys...
    No one can dance like you!! Congratulations, Ship Monkey!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally Posted by mjj1993
      Huh? What ring? What did I miss?
      Originally Posted by Token
      What!! You missed the marriage proposal?!!! It was INCREDIBLE!!! Aunt Sally, tell mjj1993 all about it! Wait 'till you hear the story you won't believe it.

*all little shiplets eating their cookies sit at Aunt Sally's feet as she tells the wonderful story once again*
      Originally posted by majorsal
      *blinks*

What? Are you talking about the 'boytoy' convo that Sam and Jack had?

Sally
      No, I was enticing you to come up with the story of how Jack did/will propose to Sam. I guess I was a little too subtle.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        Spoilers warnings..NEW ORDER 2 PICS.
        ;;
        ;
        ;
        ;
        ;;
        ;
        ;
        ;
        ;
        ;

;;
        ;
        ;
        ;
        ;
        ;
        ;
        ;;
        ;
        ;

GO TO GATEWORLD HOME PAGE , There are images ......There is Sam naked with the replicators .."new order 2"....I hope Jack is around..

This episode looks really good ...The replicators thingie around Sam looks scary.

I saw them!!!!
        What was that *gooey* stuff all over her??? YUCK!!!!
        I know ! She's really sweating it out over the torture of !!!
        I hope Jack comes to help her and get her out of *that* nightmare.

Teal'c with hair!! COOL!!!
        And Jack looks hot!! I like his pretty stars on his BDU's.

Well folks, I won't be on tonight 'cause I'm going to see a Jason Mraz concert.
        I started a new job today (yes, that makes 2 jobs I have now) and some guy gave me free tickets to see him for a tip.( a $50 value)
        I'm taking the kid.
        Well the guy was going to the Lighting/Flames Stanley Cup Finals Game 5 in Tampa tonight and wasn't going to use them.Go Lightning!!
        I'm sure the Guys of Stargate are watching, seeing as the Stanley Cup is the "Holy Grail" of hockey.

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
          your being teased, shipper! they were originally talking about the picture Nana posted that showed a man's hand putting an engagement ring on a woman's finger.

ship sistah

Here is Sam's engagement ring from Jack!!!!

Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            You are too right We can't now expect less than that...serious bed scene for Sam and Jack....where we can see their middle bits...I mean tummies..and also shoulders would be nice ..and their smily faces. with plenty of passionate kissing ....I love good romance. in sci-fi series...they are the greatest romantic scenes.

Caty aka ShipDiva who is hooked on Stargate like never before...or let's say Sam and Jack....they are a fab couple.

Ship Diva, I heard a song the other day in the car and I immediately thought of Sam and Jack. It is called "I'd Rather" by Luther Vandross. Wondered if you ever heard it and if you thought it might make a good video?!

Part of the lyrics go like this:

"And then I met someone
            and thought she could replace you
            we got a long just fine
            we wasted time because she was not you
            we had a lot of fun
            though we knew we were faking
            love was not impressed with our connection they were all lies, all lies
            so I'm here cause I found this one thing is true
            that I'm nothing without you
            I know better now
            and I've had a change of heart" By - Luther Vandross

Of course there is alot more, but isn't that Jack and Sam's situation?
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
              that would make me the ship monkey...I'll accept...kinda funny since I do research on monkeys...

Ok, here is the Ship Monkey!!! take good care of him! Oh and don't feed him the YELLOW Shipper Cookies. He just can't handle it!

Ship Nana

Comment

Spoilers for Season 8

Originally posted by waterfall
                I saw them!!!!
                What was that *gooey* stuff all over her??? YUCK!!!!
                I know ! She's really sweating it out over the torture of !!!
                I hope Jack comes to help her and get her out of *that* nightmare.
                I think this may be where she has to escape by crawling thru some tube. That is, in her birthday suit.

Where is Jack when we need him!!!!

Well the guy was going to the Lighting/Flames Stanley Cup Finals Game 5 in Tampa tonight and wasn't going to use them.Go Lightning!!
                I'm sure the Guys of Stargate are watching, seeing as the Stanley Cup is the "Holy Grail" of hockey.

waterfall
                Go TAMPA BAY!!!!!!
                Last edited by Ship Nana; 03 June 2004, 05:13 PM.
                Ship Nana

Comment

Ok folks. Let's recap the Shipper Cookies!!!!

Ship Nana apologizes to anyone who felt uncomfortable!!!!

New PG rating for Shipper cookies.

SHIPPER COOKIES:

Pink Shipper Cookies - Increases Creativity and Brain Power for Shipping

Green Shipper Cookies - Stops Pit-ranting and rant withdrawal and redirects focus to Ship

Red Shipper Cookies - Makes ship lurkers into ship posters
                  (take the red pill, Neo-shippers)

Blue Shipper Cookies - Dreamy Shipper Bliss

Purple Shipper Cookies - Warm and Fuzzy Shipping

Orange Shipper Cookies - Disoriented Shipping

Chocolate Shipper Cookies - Rich and Luscious Shipping (especially when served warm - good for when nothing else will do) Also, for stocking up while on extended absenses from S/J Thread.

and the all time favorite

Yellow Shipper Cookies - and their new PG definition

ENJOY ALL!!!!!
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Hey Shipper Family!!
                    I've been AWOL again, due to work, work, work. The end is in sight and tonight I'm going to pop in some S3&4 DVDs to complete my ...ahem...*research* on Jack and Sam Shippy moments. What better way to unwind after a NASTY week? I can think of none. Unless it's Jack himself coming over to order a pizza, do a crossword puzzle, poor a glass of vino, and massage my poor, stress-tight neck!! Come to think of it, that's EXACTLY the type of date I'm like to see our couple on....

Anyway, talk to you folks tomorrow.

Di

Comment

I've found that if I don't come here often, I get REALLY depressed about the shippiness of next season.

Spoilers for Grace, maybe Heroes

In Sam's hallucination Jack calls himself a simple man (or words to that effect). I've noticed that phrase or sentiment several times in the past couple of seasons-never very complimentary. Does this mean that TPTB think of the Jack character as one dimensional.....which for TPTB (including RDA) would be boring????? Yet I see Jack as an incredibly complex man with tangles of emotion, memories, and conflicting desires. Perhaps early in his life he was simple, but no longer.

When I think they may not LIKE the same Jack I like I get all depressed.

The only thing that is cheering me up is the total lack of ship spoilers. I'm reminded of all the trailers for Heroes. All the trailers implied it was Jack getting killed, not Janet. So misleading. So maybe their very silence is good news.

Depression is so ugly...I may need more than cookies. Is there shipper chocolate, maybe some shipper Dr. Pepper????

At any rate, I know I NEED a regular dose of this thread to stay *ahem* sane.

Happy
                      Last edited by SG1Happy; 03 June 2004, 06:10 PM. Reason: to insert lack into the sentence instead of like
                      Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                        Saw Momento for the first time a while back and was struck by how much Jack and Sam seemed to just give each other a glance and she knew what to do and knew what he was going to do. Really a team. I greatly enjoyed this aspect of an ep that didn't seem to stand out much elsewhere. Speaking of Jonas, as someone else did, I just can't seem to get a handle on him. I don't dislike his character, but I don't look forward to seeing him like I do the others. He's just there and that's all.
                        I know what you mean about Jonas. I actually liked him. What I didn't like was the obvious *Daniel* lines he spoke. A new character needed to be really different, IMHO. Think of MASH when Frank Burns left and Charles Winchester appeared.

I love Daniel, as well as S/J....Jonas has some good episodes. I like to see him again in future epis...but he didn't just reach out and snag me like Jack and Daniel and Sam and Teal'c did in S1. Am I just in a rut and resistant to change????

Happy
                        Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by col aga
                          hi! I know that we try not to talk about "Chernobyl" and P*** but there is one more thing that bothers me and I don't remember if this was covered.
                          If you want to talk about Chimera and Pete, go right ahead. 'One' of the things that brought this group of shippers together was our desire and 'need' to vent about what's bothered us the most. Unfortunately, it's 'that' ep and 'that' character. So, col aga, go right ahead and talk, vent, rant, plead, beg, wallow in pity... do what you need and want to get you through the pain that the 'other' brought to our S/J relationship. No offense to anyone here that's trying to steer clear of this subject, but if I have to stop talking about this subject, I won't have anyone to talk to. I think we need this.

I only watched this ep once -intend to do it again when I get a chance- so I may be mistaken but it seemed to me that P*** himself wasn't sure about background check. I mean I thought that he knew it was terrible and considered it for a while. I guess that means that he was supposed to be really nice in the intention of the writers. Just a thought.

Are you talking about PS's half second of faulter before he went ahead and CALLED? If they intended to make him likeable for his unselfishness, they failed big time. I guess it's all in one's own personal tastes, but if I was checked up, especially after giving my self to him a few hours before... And add to that that he'd follow me to work and interfered with my job. Now, if he interfered with 'my' job, all it would mean that maybe a customer didn't get their condiments on time<g> - but interfering with Sam's job almost cost her her life, and maybe the guys in the house, since she knew something bad was going down and was trying to get to them. No matter how badly mangled this ep was written, I can't believe that the writers didn't know that the PS character was a dipwaad for his actions. Unless the writers were on drugs, they knew what they were doing.

I'd love Tame's theory that HE doesn't exist but unfortunately I don't think that's the case.
                          Let's say that it 'was' true, then it would be THE best 'fool-story' I've ever seen. If the guys have never really met PS, then all they're going on is Sam's word. I think for the sake of enjoying some pretence that this mighmare will end, I'll leave a bit of room that this 'could' be true. I need this pretense.<g>

Sally

ps - I bought a new Alanis Morissette CD... I really like her. *Nothing* can surpass 'Jagged Little Pill', but this new one's pretty good. New CD: So-Called Chaos.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                            How do we stop talking like this? It's so fun to write and read!

ship sistah
                            I don't know. Maybe there should be a PG thread and a PG-13 thread like they do at fanfiction.net. I know it always helps me choose stories.
                            I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Originally Posted by sacme
                              How do we stop talking like this? It's so fun to write and read!

ship sistah
                              Originally posted by mjj1993
                              I don't know. Maybe there should be a PG thread and a PG-13 thread like they do at fanfiction.net. I know it always helps me choose stories.
                              If we talk about the yellow cookies or the monkey, the family will know what we mean. Any lurkers who chose to eat a red cookie and wants to know what we are talking about can be private messaged. Is that acceptable?

As far as the clothing is concerned, I thought that was because it was in a Season 8 Spoiler. Am I wrong?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by mjj1993
                                And I may get booed for this, but I've said it before and I'll say it again--I expect to see one hot scene for Jack and Sam. I mean, come on, if they can give us Sam and , then for crying out loud I want more of Sam and Jack!!!! Lots more....lots and lots more....you know, naked shoulders, naked feet (don't ask), lots of hot serious liplocking.....is it hot in here or is it just me?

Three things I'm hoping for more than anything.

1 - Sam and PS end. I don't care how it happens, as long as it's not because of his death. I don't want Sam to suffer, and I don't want there to be one single dna remnant of doubt that WHEN she gets together with Jack, it's for no other reason that she wants to.

2 - Sam and Jack get together. I'm 90 percent it's going to happen, but I want it to happen IN THE SHOW, not dragged to a movie that might never be.

3 - Let the getting together be satisfying! Please, let all our waiting and hoping and fantasizing be worth 8 YEARS! Like I've said before, if they can show satisfying relationship scenes for a guy that was in an ep no more than 20 minutes, what does a guy that's been in 8 years deserve?

I talked about this with a friend of mine that's been so disillusioned with this bf storyline that she's pulled back a LOT from fandom and the show. In fact, she won't be watching the eps until I tell her it's manageable. She won't be hurt again like she was with Chimera. I think in our fanfiction-induced fantasies, Sam's *so* in love with Jack that she'd never even want to be with another man, let alone doing it. And that's our downfall I think. Do we expect too much? Want too much? All I know is that I want, I *need* a satisfying ending to this love story that's been playing out in front of me since the moment Sam Carter stepped into the briefing room and engaged Jack O'Neill with her wit and an arm wrestle bid. Sparks flew and shippers we born. I love this show, but I LOVE this ship as though it were me that was experiencing it. Not necessarily a good place to be, but I'm in too deep to pull myself out now. Please powers, please let that happy ending happen.

(please excuse any over-sentimentality from me right now; it's hard NOT to be when Alanis Morissette is angsting over her life.<g>)

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X