This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberMoon
    Thank you Caty! I'm a big Sam/Jack shipper...I read any and all fanfic I get my hands on.

Sam and Jack are perfect together but I can understand the military reg issue since I'm retired USAF. I've seen it where it's caused problems in the workplace.

But there's always hope that TPTB will figure out something.

P.S. I'm watching/listening to some of your vids right now!
    Welcome AmberMoon!!!! Glad to see you here!!
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      Threads spoilers & end of S8 speculation

I went quickly and found the quote from the AF advisor (recent interview in the new Stargate Magazine). Here's what he said:

Douglas Thar - advisor - said: (edited) "Early on we had talks with Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper and we said, 'This is the Air Force policy. They can't be having a relationship while they are serving in the same facility, the same unit, together.' "

Now, taking that into account, could Jack become a civilian commander and still be allowed to have Sam under the conditions the AF advisor said? I'm not even sure it would be a situation still, seeing as Jack wouldn't be AF anymore. Any AF experts out there in the know?

Sally
      I would think that the answer is in the word "serving." If Jack was no longer military, would he still be considered *serving* or just working?

Sg1Poz

Comment

I went quickly and found the quote from the AF advisor (recent interview in the new Stargate Magazine). Here's what he said:

Douglas Thar - advisor - said: (edited) "Early on we had talks with Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper and we said, 'This is the Air Force policy. They can't be having a relationship while they are serving in the same facility, the same unit, together.' "

Now, taking that into account, could Jack become a civilian commander and still be allowed to have Sam under the conditions the AF advisor said? I'm not even sure it would be a situation still, seeing as Jack wouldn't be AF anymore. Any AF experts out there in the know?

Sally

I don't know !!!..AmberMoon may know!!!

but at least B. Wright and R.C.Cooper said it ..They are talking about Sam and Jack ..heheheh so resolution big time soon because they said " while" ..so soon ..it will be....
        Spoiler:
        "They can have a relationship now because they are not serving in the same facility, the same unit, together ."
        Hehehe I like that very much

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
          Wow! I just popped in for the first time today and was surprised to still see the two threads and that's all I'ma gonna say bout' that

hi Sally! *waves*

Hi and welcome Hannah, I'm a long time lurker who is trying to come out...of hiding that is.

Ship Nana? Would you happen to have any cookies that would boost ones
          imagination and wit... I got nothing

Sg1Poz

What kinda Ship Nana would I be if I didn't have a Shipper Cookie for any crisis?!

So here ya go!

Pink Shipper Cookies - Increases Creativity and Brain Power for Shipping
          Ship Nana

Comment

Sally
            only if sam answered to someone other than jack. frat regs apply regardless of gender, preferences or civilian/military status

Now one way out of it, have sam reassigned. Now, i don't mean send her away....what if she reports to the commander at the Academy or Peterson AFB and simply works at the sgc? As long as Jack isn't doing her performance reviews, he's not her direct supervisor and that would be a loop hole
            course, if they explored that loophole they'd actually have to DEAL with ship instead of dancing around it
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              Could be May be it was a very light resolution and now they made it kind of heavy heavy in sensuality and you know what I mean by that ..may be heavy in quantity too ..may be they just had one scene and they decided to make 2 of them ..
              Spoiler:
              a relief scene with an shy attempt kiss and a passionate kiss in the comfort of Jack's cabin on the couch after eating the Spanish omelette if....
              that one was Aphrodisiac Hehe.

Caty
              And don't forget the YELLOW SHIPPER COOKIES that they ate for desert that I left out on Jack's counter! Heheheheh
              Ship Nana

Comment

spoilers and speculation for the end of season 8

Originally posted by Sam fan
                Now that seriously sucks and I'm terrified they're going to
                Spoiler:
                Kill Jack off
                and thats what the tears would be about cause I know we'd all ball our eyes out!
                Spoiler:
                Kiling Sam and/or Jack off is even worse (to me) than hooking one of them off to another! I still haven't recovered from the ptb killing off Xena in their last ep . Rule number one: don't kill the hero or heroine. *rule number two: let them mate like bunnies*

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                  Oh no...

*cries*

Space Race is on TV right now!

Just ignore it Stephanie... work on Replicator vid... Work on vid.... Work on vid...
                  Could be worse...could be Enemy Mine...
                  Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                  Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                  Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

or
                    Spoiler:
                    sam or both of them once they kissed ..for a while anyway although I would think it may affect the DVD sales because we are still unsure of a season 9 or movie to bring them back to life ..may be one will disappear ..probably SAM this time round!!!not sure ...may be both ...and Daniel and Teal'c will cry but in fact they(Sam and Jack) are having the time of their life where they are and everybody else thinks they are dead ..but right at the end we see them kissing on another planet where they end up but they can't contact anybody cuz there is no Stargate!!!!
                    So we cry and then surprise !!!

Caty
                    I will take your scenario anyday! *and you've once again done your slow, sexy s/j groove thang*

Caty for president!

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      only if sam answered to someone other than jack. frat regs apply regardless of gender, preferences or civilian/military status

Now one way out of it, have sam reassigned. Now, i don't mean send her away....what if she reports to the commander at the Academy or Peterson AFB and simply works at the sgc? As long as Jack isn't doing her performance reviews, he's not her direct supervisor and that would be a loop hole
                      course, if they explored that loophole they'd actually have to DEAL with ship instead of dancing around it

Well that doesn't rule out Jack doing her OTHER preformance review!!!

Oops I slid right down that Shipper Town gutter slide again!!!
                      Ship Nana

Comment

I don't know !!!..AmberMoon may know!!!

but at least B. Wright and R.C.Cooper said it ..They are talking about Sam and Jack ..heheheh so resolution big time soon because they said " while" ..so soon ..it will be....
                        Spoiler:
                        "They can have a relationship now because they are not serving in the same facility, the same unit, together ."
                        Hehehe I like that very much

Caty
                        It's a definite gray area...Sam would still be under "him" (I would love to trade places) even if he was a civilian because they're serving "in the same facility,..." and there's still room for favoritism. Now, if they pulled her off of SG-1, stuck her in the lab with her reporting to someone else, then they could go to bed to cuddle forever...cause Sam wouldn't be under "him" (still want to trade places!).

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

By God I think you've got it !!!! Now we'll have to wait and see if TPTB did too I have confidence...in sunshine! I have confidence in rain...I have confidence in Sam and Jack again!!!!!

Ship Nana, thanks for the pink cookie me thinks I should have only eaten half *sneaks under a rock*

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                            Could be worse...could be Enemy Mine...
                            Well, Enemy Mine was better than Space Race.

Enemy Mine was pretty good for the first 12 minutes when they were shooting and killing each other! Before super-model Chaka showed up and Daniel started repeating everything the Unas were saying - only in English.

I'd have to say that in my opinion, Space Race was the worst episode of Stargate SG-1 ever. Paradise Lost (minus Sam being *****y, Maybourne fishing, and the Sam/Teal'c hug) came in second.

There wasn't really anything that I liked about Space Race. It was funny for a little bit, but then it just got annoying. Real quickly.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              And don't forget the YELLOW SHIPPER COOKIES that they ate for desert that I left out on Jack's counter! Heheheheh
                              Ahh! I'm blindeded!

And I just got new glasses on Monday!

*pouts*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                                Well that doesn't rule out Jack doing her OTHER preformance review!!!

Oops I slid right down that Shipper Town gutter slide again!!!
                                Ship Nana, love the way you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X