• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeaBee
    Erm.....

Sorry about this.............

I'm a little scared right now.

I watched "Zero Hour" on Monday, and was moderately uninterested in the ep., until the S/J bit at the end, which I thought was really good, and the best part of it.

Am I a subconsious shipper?

HELPPPPPPPP!!!
    could be.... wanna cookie?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      My Stargate dream... I KNOW I've had more, but the only one I can remember... *clears throat* I'm going to try to be careful here, but....

It was some time ago, but all I can remember was Sam and Jack lying in a sleeping bag in my front yard (which is in front of a park). Now, to be honest, I can't remember if it was Sam and Jack or AT and RDA, but... *winces in advance* They were making out, and I came and laid down beside them and... kinda... joined in... a... bit. *winces* It didn't go much further (must have woke up or dream went in it's own direction), but I sure remember seeing them and coming over and... *PG Police, stop now, woman!*

I'm a bad girl.

Sally
      and i thought you were the quiet one!!!!

and i suppose you enjoyed it........

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
        Jamaica03, I, for one, am sorry to see anyone feels they need to leave the forum completely over this.
        I've thought a great deal about this over the course of the day, thinking about everyone's positions, and I still think there is merit in both arguments. I can understand if you only want to have serious discussions about the S-J relationship that the thread as is must be very frustrating. However, this is a family (as borne out by our current problems, not always a perfectly happy one ), and as such we do talk about a lot of things that would appear tangential to someone who wanted only a serious discussion, but feel relevant to some of the rest of us (OK, here, I mean me ).

As I said, I've thought long and hard about this, and I think I'm going to vote for a second thread, that is totally devoted to serious discussions of S-J ship. I expect the thread would be heavily modded (at least in the beginning) to ensure that it stays completely on topic. As Madeleine said, how does it hurt us to have another thread that is strictly on topic? It might require a little extra reading, but I can't imagine a strictly modded thread would be nearly as profusive as the current all inclusive thread.

I understand not everyone will agree with me. And if the mods decide to keep one thread I am perfectly OK with that (personally, I enjoy a modicum of fluff ).
        The more I read about this, the more I think that two threads is the best idea. A serious Ship Discussion thread (and yes I think that has to be the OTHER thread) and this Ship Family thread where we can talk ship and fluff to our hearts content. Perhaps the "old timers" might visit the serious thread from time to time and encourage newbies to join in here.

Jamaica03 we've all been newbies here, we've all had posts posted and never replied to, I still get that, it's not that we don't appreciate your position, but if you were to walk into a room full of people who were talking would you expect them to change the subject of the conversation for you? I wouldn't for one, I would listen to what was being said, decide if I wanted to stay and then adjust what I wanted to say.

I am very strongly of the opinion that a serious Ship Discussion thread should be started for those who want to discuss Ship only.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          regarding Broca Divide and the locker room jump by Sam:

What I'd like to know is if the scene had been about Jack jumping Sam, would it have been done in the same manner? There was a 'bit' of humor and lightness to it, because you saw that Jack was NOT really afraid or intimidated... but would that have been the same for Sam if Jack had been the aggressor? Any newbies have an opinion on this?

Sally

Not a newbie ..but I think although it was a bit of a rape scene ....it was humored by the fact that Jack didn't want to respond because of the regs "You are out of line" and not because he didn't fancy her . I also thought it was very hard for him to stop her because she was hot and deep down ..he really want sher ..so all in all ..he's a good man to have stopped her by seducing him ...he could have just kissed her more but he didn't ...

Jack is the MAN for Sam ..he knows it ..He respects her ..and would never take advantage of her ..even if she is not herself ...Well the kiss in WoO was not quite real for her so I don't count that one ...but even if it was ...she was very willing to be kissed in front of Hammond by Jack and her response was WHAOOOO...So really if Jack was making a move in real ..that..... shows she 'll go along with him ...because if he had resigned just before ..she won't see a problem ....Only the regs are keeping them apart ....nothing else .

Are those 2 little birds gonna get together soon????"""

Caty

Comment

Hello people!

Just thought I'd tell you one of my shippy dreams.

Jack's asleep in the early hours of the morning at his cabin, fast asleep. The next second, he wakes up because he hears something. He decides to ignore it. The next second, he feels someones arms around his waist, and turns round to see Sam. Sam smiles at him, gives him a kiss and cuddles in.

*Sigh*

On the big debate - looking through the posts since I went offline last night, I have noticed a marked improvement. There have been OT posts, but everything's in good moderation.

I'm gonna go and check out the FAQ when I get home to see what it's like.

Jamaica - I'm sorry you feel so strongly that you have decided to leave us. If you decide to come back, you're more than welcome.

To Newbies - When I first joined the family, I just dived in afigured everything out for myself. Most of my posts were completely ignored, but you've just got to persevere.

I'd like to say, that NOWHERE Have I seen anyone tell anyone to leave, as I think a few poeple seem to think so. I've been trying extra hard to keep up with this thread, ansd to me, it seems abundantly clear that EVERYONE is welcome here.

Don't be put off by this argument. It will pass.

Everyone's a little tetchy because of a lack of spoilers, and during times when episodes air, the thread stays almost completely on topic.

An idea for everyone's sig.

For everyone who knows a lot about the thread fluff, type a brief description in your sig along with a link the FAQ.

Okay

Babbling over

Back to ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
              The more I read about this, the more I think that two threads is the best idea. A serious Ship Discussion thread (and yes I think that has to be the OTHER thread) and this Ship Family thread where we can talk ship and fluff to our hearts content. Perhaps the "old timers" might visit the serious thread from time to time and encourage newbies to join in here.
              You could still do this if the first option in the poll wins. That is, if a Ship Family Thread is created to replace this one, then there's no reason why someone couldn't start another, On Topic Ship Discussion thread. You would still have the Ship Family together in one place - no divisions! - and the second thread would be of a different enough topic to not be a duplicate.

That would mean those that only want to talk ship and don't want to be a part of the family would be happy, as would the Ship Family as their thread would then be their's to play with as they liked.

However, at the moment the fourth option is in the lead - going back to just one Ship thread for all Ship chat.
              sigpic

Comment

To marimba and video watchers!!!!

Haven't watched your last video yet ..but I will

Of course some Sam and Jack posts get missed and some sam and jack video posts too ....and it's not a problem ....we make videos for us first and then want to share them with the Sam and Jack shippers ...I have a hit counter on my website and I know that my Sam and Jack shippy videos are being watched a lot ..I also have a statistic chart so I know which video is more popular . ..I know how many fans download my video per day ....and although Feedback is appreciated ..I understand that not everybody is gonna answer and give me feedback about them...It's just nice to know they are being watched ....and appreciated Love to see a comment or 2 though ...nice feeling.

I love making videos and I hope I won't stop soon..I still feel motivated ..and even more so that season 8 has started here in the UK and we will get Gemini before Christmas.

So here we go ....The ship will sail and Love will prevail

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick

Jamaica03 we've all been newbies here, we've all had posts posted and never replied to, I still get that, it's not that we don't appreciate your position, but if you were to walk into a room full of people who were talking would you expect them to change the subject of the conversation for you? I wouldn't for one, I would listen to what was being said, decide if I wanted to stay and then adjust what I wanted to say.

I am very strongly of the opinion that a serious Ship Discussion thread should be started for those who want to discuss Ship only.
                  I am now also in agreement.

For one, there'll be someplace for everyone. I like OT and I love discussions. Newbies could go to the discussion thread, and when they feel ready, they could join the family.

I think if all the forum regulars could put a link to the FAQ, it'd also be easier for people to be less intimidated and join in.

Another advantage of the two threads is that they will move more slowly, as people would be looking at both. This would be better for people who have hectic lifes. They could either choose to read the fluff if they're not in the mood for serious stuff, or they could view the discussion thread.

Or you could read both!
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hey *waves*

Good morning everybody....oh its afternoon, o.k the good afternoon today i am feeling great not to sure why, but i'm not gonna jinx it or anything. So i have come over to spread the love

(((((((((((((((((((((((((EVERYBODY)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Oh and i hope nobody minds but i took the liberty of adding myself to our little(which it obviously isnt, GO SHIPPERS !!!!) list

The shipper Family:

Ship Nana
                    Lunar
                    Caty
                    Marimba
                    Tame
                    Mei Mei
                    Kri
                    Critter
                    LtLisa
                    Token
                    Auralan
                    Melyanna
                    Mad_Gater and Kel'dor
                    WaterFall
                    Ship Sistah
                    Bucky
                    Michelleb
                    KiwGater
                    Faith
                    Shinrai
                    Chevron Seven
                    Zoser
                    Sam_O_Neill
                    ESTELLE
                    MALA50
                    Gatetrixer
                    Dipsofjazz
                    Majorsal
                    Isis
                    Wynter
                    Ses110
                    cc_mac
                    tauripeg
                    Mishy Mo
                    SueKay
                    Rogue
                    Sugarshaker
                    Getcarter
                    Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                    Scottishshipper
                    SG1Happy
                    Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
                    Blueiris
                    Samisjacksgal
                    Sclairef99
                    Gatetime
                    Col aga
                    Gatewatcher
                    Angel of Fire SG1
                    Muffo
                    Emilee
                    Tpe78
                    Karibou
                    Ali_gater
                    Athenaktt
                    Elfinwood
                    Tauripeg
                    Waterfall
                    MartoufMarty
                    Stargate Barbie
                    Starfury
                    Sgt.Siler
                    Skydiver
                    T-Gate
                    Pittsburghgirl
                    Shipperahoy
                    Jafacakes
                    Sam Fan
                    Yoojoo
                    Buc252
                    Replicarter
                    Astrochick
                    Ra-hanna
                    Seren LLwch (Mal)
                    Shelsfc
                    Capt. Rivet
                    F.H.Bagpuss
                    JSDT
                    misstweedledee

See crazy this afternoon

Leanne

United we stand,Divided we fall. - The Shipper Family
                    honoured member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      I am now also in agreement.

For one, there'll be someplace for everyone. I like OT and I love discussions. Newbies could go to the discussion thread, and when they feel ready, they could join the family.

I think if all the forum regulars could put a link to the FAQ, it'd also be easier for people to be less intimidated and join in.

Another advantage of the two threads is that they will move more slowly, as people would be looking at both. This would be better for people who have hectic lifes. They could either choose to read the fluff if they're not in the mood for serious stuff, or they could view the discussion thread.

Or you could read both!

This is a duplicate from the other thread ..reply to Astro about having 2 threads running ..one serious and one no so serious but still Sam and Jack ..see I'm getting confused already

You know ..I'm not sure that will work because we'll still go OT in the Sam and Jack shipper thread from time to time ...by accident ..and then One post leads to another one ..but I think it's part of being a shipper family ....We can just skip the posts but at least we'll be together....We just have to be aware that as soon as we get too much OT somebody is there to post a serious thing and all is well ....I also think it's because the series has stopped in the US and there is not much to talk about right now until Gemini ...So soon ..things will start again . 10 weeks and that's it ...in the meantime perhaps .....we can listen to all UK fans who are watching the season 8 1st part and see what they have to say , participate and find more ship ...I did in zero hour ...lots of ship. .

Hope that if the 2 threads win ..it will work but I doubt it ...and I don't think I could read both threads ..I don't even have enough time to read fanfics ..and I would not know in which thread to post my Sam and Jack shippy videos .!!!

Caty

Comment

The shipper Family:

Ship Nana
                        Lunar
                        Caty
                        Marimba
                        Tame
                        Mei Mei
                        Kri
                        Critter
                        LtLisa
                        Token
                        Auralan
                        Melyanna
                        Mad_Gater and Kel'dor
                        WaterFall
                        Ship Sistah
                        Bucky
                        Michelleb
                        KiwGater
                        Faith
                        Shinrai
                        Chevron Seven
                        Zoser
                        Sam_O_Neill
                        ESTELLE
                        MALA50
                        Gatetrixer
                        Dipsofjazz
                        Majorsal
                        Isis
                        Wynter
                        Ses110
                        cc_mac
                        tauripeg
                        Mishy Mo
                        SueKay
                        Rogue
                        Sugarshaker
                        Getcarter
                        Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                        Scottishshipper
                        SG1Happy
                        Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
                        Blueiris
                        Samisjacksgal
                        Sclairef99
                        Gatetime
                        Col aga
                        Gatewatcher
                        Angel of Fire SG1
                        Muffo
                        Emilee
                        Tpe78
                        Karibou
                        Ali_gater
                        Athenaktt
                        Elfinwood
                        Tauripeg
                        Waterfall
                        MartoufMarty
                        Stargate Barbie
                        Starfury
                        Sgt.Siler
                        Skydiver
                        T-Gate
                        Pittsburghgirl
                        Shipperahoy
                        Jafacakes
                        Sam Fan
                        Yoojoo
                        Buc252
                        Replicarter
                        Astrochick
                        Ra-hanna
                        Seren LLwch (Mal)
                        Shelsfc
                        Capt. Rivet
                        F.H.Bagpuss
                        JSDT
                        misstweedledee
                        galaxy

*galaxy adds herself inconspiciously*

Comment

oKay hello people- first of all I just wanted to say I've finally caught up with the thread and I'm pretty worried about what I've seen. The whole point of this thread (i thought-but i'm usually wrong so forgive me if i am) was to be in a happy sam/jack place, lets be honest we egnerally annoy people who aren't shippers because we are SOOOOOO shippy all the time which is great to me but the point is we were all here united as shippers and now it seems as theough even the shippers are being devided and that's not cool. Dudes and dutettes we're shippers!! There should be one type of shipper and yes I totally agree that I feel sorry for newbies i know i felt sorry for me when i was one- it is hard to fit in but that's not because we don't welcome everyone iwth open arms it's just we're so passionate about S/J-ness we get a little carried away- and again I often feel kinda silly next to a non shipper cause alot of the time i feel as though i'm looked down upon- (that's probably my view only and i didn't say all non shippers cause I have loads of friends who are non shippers) I would personally find it very difficult to post about a serious problem in another thread because I trust you guys- I get along with you guys and I enjoy your *humour* but the fact is people come here with problems or news or whatever is making them tick and they give it to the shipper family whole heartedly. And I know that for peple who just want pure S/J-ness that can be a severe pain in the Mik'ta but it's what makes us a family and wether your name is on the list or not you are in teh family even if your a 7th cousing from Sweeden you still count!! I just want us all to get along and we're supposed to stand up to S/J-haters and stand united but we aren't if we're bickering amongst ourselves we're letting the others win. Okay maybe I have the totally wrong end of the stick or maybe I just talked to much either way feel free to shout at me or tell me to shut my pie hole- either way I think the best solutionw ould be a fluffy thread and a *just* S/J thread where we talk about events that we liked to do with S/J like the Grace kiss or the hero's hug *melts* and teh other thread can be for the ones who like to talk of s/j but also make friends and generally discuss life?? Feel free to throw shoes at me now. Sorry for typing so much I just don't like the devide that seems to be growing and people are leaving cause they feel they can't get a word in edgeways and that's not cool for them or us, I just think we need to compramise cause we're all here for one thing- to watch Jack get nekked! Sorry no for S/J ship- that's what we want and peopel I'm sure we'll get it but do we really want to be bickering when we're leading up to possibly the most important S/J moment of history?? I think not- again I love you all!!! Please don't fight and um- not killing me would be good. S/J thought to everyone- *breathes*

xxxxxxxx

p.s i'm very sorry for typos and spelling mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                            The second smiley is underwater providing the reason (sorry, I forgot PG forum)

Hum, that kind of looks like the bath Hathor was in when she made all those symbiots.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Hellooooooo! im a newbie here all the way from merrie old england! (pardon the cliche) Huge shipper here just sayin hi to all you other shippers!
                              HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

okay im brand new here so could someone tell me how you get pictures on here?
                                sigpic
                                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X