X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    *Shifts eyes to the right, and eyes to the left.*

Did not.
    Me thinks she doth protest too much! did too!!!
    Desperate Thunker

Comment

guys it's not a competition! if you don't want to post there, then don't. If you do then do. It's not meant to take the place of or be instead of or anything like that.

Well you know what, I think I am just simply a complete dork at the moment! Blame me. I went off and did something that seemed logical to me, but I should have taken the time to talk and discuss it with y'all first. And when I did do it, I obviously didn't communicate it properly enough! It seemed to me that since other fan groups on the forum had more than one thread, it made sense to give the shippers more than one thread too.

But obviously I didn't really think that one through...
      sigpic

Comment

Well my family (and I will return to this FACT later) we have been busy.

Two threads.

I will admit I have not been around for the bulk of the debate (or any of it for that matter however I have had several unofficial updates) however I am sure that several points on BOTH sides were warranted and valid.

On the other hand I am disappointed that we are now divided.

I can only give my opinion on what it was like before, and while I did in enjoy the friendly and relaxed atmosphere, the prolonged off topicness did annoy me however not to the point where I felt it so bad that I could not stand it, on occasion I myself did join in although my primary reason for posting would usually be the subject of Sam and Jack.

SO now that I’m on topic lets discuss this, shall we?

Friends, Family, Shippers; lend me your eyes.

( well your reading aren’t you?)

How in the hell are we ever going to get a resolution if we can not be content with those who share our goal?

Granted every one is different, every one has some point of view, I will even go as far as to say that Anti-shippers should be included in this speech as well as even they want a resolution, even though it may be different form ours.

The TPTB will not pay attention to a single shipper, one person can not achieve anything on a grand scale but a community and family of over 200 may have a little more swing.

Together we can achieve so much more, though we may have differences we all have ONE common factor and that is Sam and Jack. That is Stargate.

Everyone who has ever entered the shipper thread has done so because they have wanted these two fantastic characters to get together, I ask how can that ever be attained if WE, the fans, the ones who keep the show in business, the cause for which the show and the ship was created can not stand together and ask for what we want.

I am disappointed, but as they say you can not choose your family.

And we are a family.

We share so much more than our passion for the show, we share each others lives as well. Helping each other through hard times and laughing together through the good. The rollercoaster of ship and our lives brings us here for support, where we have so readily received it in the past and no doubt will some time in the future, because I see dark times ahead of us. A lot must happen before our ship can come in.

And so I leave you with one final comment.

United we Stand. Divided we Fall.

Comment

I was tossing up as to whether or not I wanted to even take part in the great 'OT' debate...but I really reallyy wanted to say, how much I LOVED the thread the way it was when I first joined. I only joined GW so that I could a) take part in this thread b) thank the vid makers for doing such a wonderful job. I don't mind the penguin/jello tangenty stuff, I dont really understand it, so i skip it, but it doesn't bother me, because I saw it as a result of the lovely shippy discussion. Everyone was so warm and friendly when I joined, and I thank everyone who made me feel welcome. I love how light hearted the thread is, I think that when spoilers upset everyone so, it's the only thing that keeps us sane, and I swear I've gotten the best laughs of my life from reading this thread.

Lastly I just wanted to comment on a few things-

OT-ness. I never felt the thread was terribly OT, but I think I've said that already. However, right before this whole mess started, I have to admit there was a couple of pages that made me feel like I was a third wheel on someones IM chat. And I'm not referring to the jello/penguins(jello penguins! ) or me too's. It just felt like maybe the couple of people could have had that conversation via IM, rather than here. So I can see why there might have been some discontent about the OT-ness. But just to reiterate- I love the thread just the way it is, and the people that make it the way it is.

The grey dingers- I can completely empaphise where you are comin from here, as when I joined, and even now still, a good lot of my posts go completely un noticed, so I know how that can feel unwelcoming. But at the same time, I dont expect everyone to jump on my posts and reply. It's a big group, many posts will get burried under the chatter, and you can't take that personally. All I can suggest to you, is to persist, you can't give up so easy. I think that if you had come out and just said, 'I don't feel included', everyone here would of been more than happy, and probably tripped over themselves, trying to help you feel included, that's what a great bunch they are.

Can't say I'm thrilled about the second thread, but knowing what it is to be a moderator, I probably would of done the same, as it seems like the obvious solution to resolve the tension around here. Don't be so harsh on them guys, or take it so personally, they are honestly just trying to help. They're not trying to force anyone to do anything, they're only trying to provide a happy resolution for everyone.

Which makes me think of shippy resolution! January isn't too far off now!! What month do ya all think threads/citizen joe/mobeius will be shown in? January doesn't feel so far off me anymore, cause time is quickly slipping away from with the wedding preps, mine, not Sam and Jack's sadly. Then there's christmas, then new years, an OH! LOOK! it's January!!! yay!

~~Close To Crazy~~
          Psychotic Kitten
          'we can all read between the lines'

Comment

Mishy Mo, and everyone else, I'm going to start a poll on this in an attempt to try and fix what I've obviously mucked up here.

I've started a discussion on this in the other thread, rather than derail this one any further. Please come have a look at the suggestions for the poll, let me know what you think, and I will get a poll put up this afternoon when I get back from my meeting.

Click HERE
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter

Welcome to The Sam & Jack Shipper Thread

<snip.

Have fun, everyone!

Oooh, Replicarter! Pretty gifs! What a great way to start a thread! A good way to remind us how much we love Sam and Jack!
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Its not your fault GG, stop blaming ur self lol, you dident muck it up

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                  Oooh, Replicarter! Pretty gifs! What a great way to start a thread! A good way to remind us how much we love Sam and Jack!
                  Oh yes!! I forgot to tag that on to my mini rant, sorry Replicarter! I love your gorgeous shiny Sam Jack picture thinggers. They're great! I vote they stay as first post forever and ever, even after their great shippy wedding

~~Close To Crazy~~
                  Psychotic Kitten
                  'we can all read between the lines'

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                    Are we allowed to do lists on this board? I thought of some fun things to ask everyone:

Favorite Ship Show (just one)

Favorite Ship scene

Favorite Ship dialogue

Favorite Ship Look (you know, THAT look)

Feel free to answer and add more!

That's a hard choice.
                    Well...

Favorite Ship Show:
                    Beneath the Surface I think, because once in all the years there stands nothing between them, no regs, no akward feelings, no responsibility, no feeling of guilt, no Pete ( ) or whatever else there might be, that keeps them apart...they feel completely comfortable with each other. And in the end you can really see their frustration and sadness about being forced to give that up.

Favorite Ship Scene

Ok, that's difficult! There are so many great scenes....
                    But I think..definately one of my favorites is the
                    Spoiler:
                    hereo's hug

It's just so heart-rending.

Favorite Ship Dialogue:
                    From Children of the Gods:

Carter: You know, you really will like me when you get to know me.

O'Neill: Oh, I adore you already, Captain!

I know he is a bit sarcastic here, but it's cute and an anticipation.

Favorite Ship Look:
                    In Divide and Conquer (/Upgrades), when Jack is on the other side of the shield and they look in each other's eyes. Beside that he realizes that he can't rescue her, is this defintaley the point where he realizes for the first time, that his feelings for her are more than comradeship and friendship.
                    It's such great acting, because you can really see, how the scales fell from his eyes and how this realization hits and confuses him. I guess he didn't thought he would feel something like this again, after all he had been through and that's why he struggles with his feelings and tries so hard to understand them in this scene.

Great idea Kri!
                    Questions like these force us to finally think about Jack and Sam again!!! And it's so nice to be reminded of all the shippy scenes..

Comment

no no no no no, lol, when we gett wedding photos, il make lots of mini albums to float around, and it will be all brand new but im glad you like them , also, does anyone here have new order on there pc for making clips? i need some shots from it.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                        Me thinks she doth protest too much! did too!!!
                        She did! She did!!!

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                          She did! She did!!!
                          Did not.

*thinks happy Sam/Janet thoughts to get it out of my mind*

Comment

I just noticed...

Happy Birthday Mal!!!

Comment

ok i am getting too confused i think i am posting in all different rooms so if i have i apoligise and i'll stay where i should be..

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                                What a way to wake up...Thank you sooooo much!!!
                                I love to see Jack and Sam this way...and hope that it will be for real one day!

your welcome

i believe we will get a real, long, grace-like kiss with that fiery passion both of them are harboring .....o well a gal can dream cant she??lol
                                Carolyn

Comment

Working...
                                X