Skydiver
    T-Gate
    Pittsburghgirl
    Shipperahoy
    Jafacakes
    Sam Fan
    Yoojoo
    Astrochick

and another annoying thing this morning is that I can't reply to the old thread, I feel like I woke up and a coup was carried out!

I think I might join Mala.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
      Just a few notes on various things....

First of all, RepliCarter I love the graphics you made for the first post they are lovely! I think we should keep that post at the start of the thread all the time..if that's possible.

Caty,Blaise and SueKay thank you for the links to those fan fics they are great! We have got to see Jack/RDA playing his guitar in Mobieus! It would be an amazing scene with Sam standing around a corner listening to him

I'm hoping that Mobieus is going to be shippy, i've been reading through the ideas that people have had about it and they all sound good.
      Spoilers and Speculation for Mobieus
      Spoiler:
      I'm glad that its a time Travel episode, Time Travel confuses the hell out of me but I love it! I really hope they don't do the 'reset' thing that some people have been mentioning! We have got to have a shippy ending! but I won't be happy if they try to resolve ship in the past or future it has to be real time, at the SGC in 2005....I would love to go into the future and see Sam and Jack living together with Grace but even if TPTB let us know that, that is how Sam and Jack are going to end up I wouldn't like that to be the shippy resolution! We have to see a convo and an 'I LOVE YOU' from Sam and Jack in 'normal' time!

Anyway after all that I just want to say that the thread seems to have cheered up quite a bit

Jack playing Guitar would be lovely to watch for us and for Sam ...and also ..it would be nice to know what kind of song he 'll be playing on his guitar for Sam.

and I don't think Newbies should be allowed to post red bad points ...They need to become part of the shipper thread before they can do that ...and I think we have been very welcome to all newbies ..but they probably need to post more ..so that we get to know them a bit better. ...You only get to know somebody by communicating ...for Example ..Michelleb was a newbie not that long ago ..and I think she became a royal guard in 2 months ..Isn't that great or what.!!???

Well done Michelleb and all newbies ..please do the same ..or post a lot at least ..so that your screen name get noticed...by the loving shipper family.

Caty

Comment

And im still not on it

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
          Sorry, I feel like I've been told off and told to go and play elsewhere!
          Ditto

All I think we need to do is keep the OT in a bit more moderation. At least we no longer have a dinging problem.

Thanks to the grey reppers for revealing yourselves. We can relax a bit now!

Season eight part 2 speculation
          Spoiler:
          I think there'll be some light shippy banter in Good to be King.
          I think that there will be a serious talk and a fight between repicarter and Sam in Gemini, and that Jack will be mentioned.
          I think that Pete will vanish in threads, and that the episode will set the scene for the final resolution which I believe will happen in Moebius pt2.
          I think the one ep that we should watch with a keen eye is Reckoning. I have a feeling that there may be a very Shippy treat in it!

I'm going to and check out the new thread.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

ok i am confused what has happened here!ok i know we have moved on to new thread and there is 2 different threads to discuss proberbly the same topic but why and when did it get this far?

I joined this group because after lurking on different sites,i found i enjoyed this one the most.I have been here less than 6 months but that 6 months has been fantastic.
            I was a newbie i didn't know the jargon,but i wasn't afraid to ask!
            I would and do welcome new people here all the time,as i don't come on every day i do miss posts,and i do miss new people signing on.

i went away for couple of weeks and came back to the penguin scenes,at first i didn't know what the hell was going on and i admit i felt a little left out,but then i asked what was with the deal on penguins and was told.

We must remember that we are all in different time zones so it can be hard to communicate sometimes.

Can i just say we all came here for one reason and that was JACK & SAM!!

At the last couple of episodes we have left,and they may finally get together all we are doing is talking about rep points of all different colours,please can we get back on track and do what we do best.
            Caty,Marimba,etc.. take time to give us great videos.Lunar,MEI MEI etc..take time to write fanfics and we all take time out to post onto this site!!!

So please all the newbies and the old threaders please lets get back to making this thread the best thread and be proud of it......

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Okay, the whole reason why the thread got so tangential was that there's hardly anything new to discuss. I feel like a new thread is going to kill this one, because it's just going to go around in circles about the same vague spoilers for a few months.

Half the fun of this thread did get off on tangents. I know that I've posted about OT-ness before, but that was about OT posts that didn't evolve from the thread. The penguins and the green jello and shipper cookies and countless other things were developed by the shipper thread in one form or another. It was meta-content.

This whole discussion wasn't dying down because a few people wouldn't let it. I don't think they were doing it intentionally, but when people start replying to posts that are twelve hours old, they're likely to cause more trouble that may have already been resolved. I know it's awkward to try to catch up on the thread and that you want to try to respond to things, but if you've been off the forums for twenty-four hours, it's entirely possible that when you're responding to posts concerning this kind of thing, it's already been resolved. Replying to it again is just going to stir up bad feelings.

This started when I asked people to be more considerate in labeling spoilers. I'm not sure how it devolved into this. Guess I'll have to go back and read the thread (if I can find it). But I don't like it that this new thread was created without any input from us — if there was input, then it was asked for at a bad time, because it all happened while the bulk of the group was asleep. And it's especially distressing because some of us were trying to bring the discussion back to Stargate and Sam/Jack. OT is going to happen — we're a big group, so it's just inevitable, in my opinion. That's why the chatter thread didn't work. When a discussion develops here, it's unnatural to take it to another thread, where the context won't be present. That's going to make this group seem even more exclusive, since at least when the discussion is in the thread where it started, it's possible for a newbie to read how it all started.

I'd post more but I'm running really late as it is. I guess this boils down to this: I'm uneasy about there being two threads, and being forced to switch between them doesn't seem to me like it's going to work. Just my opinion.

Mel
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                And im still not on it

Just add you name on the shippy list

Sam and Jack together forever until the end of time

Caty

Comment

I'm not even sure which thread I should post this too... or which thread I belong in anymore. I think I have to join the people who feel like they've been told to go somewhere else though...

Confusion isn't the word for this.

it's not a good feeling either.

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                    ok i am confused what has happened here!ok i know we have moved on to new thread and there is 2 different threads to discuss proberbly the same topic but why and when did it get this far?

I joined this group because after lurking on different sites,i found i enjoyed this one the most.I have been here less than 6 months but that 6 months has been fantastic.
                    I was a newbie i didn't know the jargon,but i wasn't afraid to ask!
                    I would and do welcome new people here all the time,as i don't come on every day i do miss posts,and i do miss new people signing on.

i went away for couple of weeks and came back to the penguin scenes,at first i didn't know what the hell was going on and i admit i felt a little left out,but then i asked what was with the deal on penguins and was told.

We must remember that we are all in different time zones so it can be hard to communicate sometimes.

Can i just say we all came here for one reason and that was JACK & SAM!!

At the last couple of episodes we have left,and they may finally get together all we are doing is talking about rep points of all different colours,please can we get back on track and do what we do best.
                    Caty,Marimba,etc.. take time to give us great videos.Lunar,MEI MEI etc..take time to write fanfics and we all take time out to post onto this site!!!

So please all the newbies and the old threaders please lets get back to making this thread the best thread and be proud of it......

wynterxx

YES YES YES ...Let's stop moaning and let's have fun

Sam and Jack together forever until the end of time

Right ..so after watching zero hour
                    Spoiler:
                    I thought Jack looked really hot last night ...Sam was great too at the end with her earrings on to impress Jack ....I bet she also loves Jack in his uniform ..She kind of told him ..and to me ..That's why he went to get changed straight away ..just to please her first.Hehehehehehe I loved when he said "Watch your back" was like a husband talking to his wife ...and the animal line was again very husbany like

Caty
                    Last edited by Catysg1; 27 October 2004, 04:18 AM.

Comment

hiya guys after my ranting is done now i'm sorry i did that.

Why oh why don't Tealc tell them both to knock their heads together,he was there when they both despaired at not seeing each other again,tealc knows they love each other 'more than they are suppose to'.

what episode is next? can't remember?

wynterxx

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                        I'm not even sure which thread I should post this too... or which thread I belong in anymore. I think I have to join the people who feel like they've been told to go somewhere else though...

please stay this is our thread and all the posts you have done would have been for nothing,please we will have our day quite soon so we need to celebrate.

wynterxx

Comment

I'm sorry Melyanna, I'm afraid it was my fault. This wasn't meant to take the fun out of this thread! By all means, carry on as before, as you've been doing.

The Fun Chat thread was meant to be a bit more of a 'lunchroom' for the Shipper Family. It's a place where you can just go, hang out for a bit, be a bit silly and fluffy, veer off topic if you like, and just generally relax.

Leaving this thread for the community centre for shippers that it has been, and that the people who have contacted me would like it to continue to be. Dr ship, cookies, penquins - all and any are welcome here. And in the fun chat thread. And heck, in any thread really.

But if people want to talk off topic in the fun chat thread, there's more flexibility for it there. We tried to have a strictly off topic thread, but people didn't like flicking from one folder to another. There was also a resentment that they should be restricted to just one ship thread.

To be honest I couldn't think of another topic that would be just different enough to get another discussion going.

But this has only been going for a few hours. We can just delete/change/edit things to suit. And I am also truly sorry to have clogged up your thread here with this discussion. I just didn't know where else to put it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer

Stay around here MF ..you are always on topic anyway ..and I like reading your thoughfull posts ...I'll stick around here otherwise I may duplicate my posts and I don't have time to do that ...I still want fun about Sam and Jack here too.

Sam and Jack forever together until the end of time and I'm off to make a video for now ..Have fun in the Sam and Jack shipper thread

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                              hiya guys after my ranting is done now i'm sorry i did that.

Why oh why don't Tealc tell them both to knock their heads together,he was there when they both despaired at not seeing each other again,tealc knows they love each other 'more than they are suppose to'.

what episode is next? can't remember?

wynterxx
                              Yeah teal'c is a shipper ..big time he knows even the look he gave them in New order where they found each other in the woods ..and last night episode zero hour was very telling on how Jack considers Sam
                              Spoiler:
                              as his wife

I think it may be "Icon" next week??!!

Caty

Comment

Gategypsy,

I think the problem was that I was at least under the impression that the family had settled our little spat. That we didn't want the thread to become entirely serious, partly because there really isn't much new to discuss and the sillyness is what had gotten many of the shippers though the spoiler dry times, but that we would all try very hard to control the OTness. So you have to understand, at least my, confusion when I discover on waking up that this 'fix' had been imposed to a problem I thought was settled.

Two threads is never better than one, and I think will only confuse the community.

Just my opinion.

Katherine

Comment

Working...
                                X