This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lunar
    I said it was a little disturbing to find myself thunking over a man my father's age... not that I didn't find him attractive..
    And I love the grey haired Jack... the brown was a little... uh... meh.
    I think Sam's 'feelings' were stirred by that silver tickling that appeared in Season 2... mine were... heehehee.
    I don't find it disturbing thunking over a man older than my father. I can't help it, but I'm always attracted to much older men.
    Everyone under at least 35 is so immature...I don't know.
    Young men have different expectations from life and because of that a different way of living, that I find somehow annoying (sometimes).
    I think it needs some experience of life to know what counts and what is important and to figure out what you want. That's why I think it is not strange that you, when you are young and you try to find these things out for yourself, you feel more attracted to someone who knows his part in life and gives you some security.

Though Sam is not that young, she is still insecure about what she wants and what she expects from life (what this whole Pete-thing makes more than clear, IMHO) and I think that is one of the many reasons for her "attraction" to Jack(beside the fact that she loves him of course).
    He could give her more security than Pete ever could, because she can be sure, that he loves her and has enough life experience to give her time and let her find out herself what she needs. (Not like Pete, who buys a ring and a house and pushes her to the life that HE wants to have).
    Just MHO.....

Oh I forgot to say, that Jack looks HOT with his grey hair...Wooohoooo! *thunk*

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      well those of you who know and remember me, might remember my year long rants following chimera. i don't think anybody's gonna be getting the soapbox ready for me. i think everyones gonna be hiding it and themselves.

and hi yoojoo and all the other shippers who don't know me yet!

hey does this make me a re-newbie?
      I remember you from Delphi and I do remember lots of rants about Chimera that I joined in. I was Lt Sheba on Delphi - it wouldnt let me sign on with that name so I changed it to Astro... quite like that now!

Welcome back!!!

*Guys! Do you know how many posts I have to go... 700 FCOL!!! This is a marathon and I haven't reached the pain barrier yet... somebody pass me a sponge!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
        Congrats on the jello!

The list looks good to me. Do we want to mention the gutter? I've had to explain that reference a couple times to newbies whose first language isn't English. Mentioning the thunk thread might also be useful in the bit on where to find art/music/fanfic since LOTS of yummy images can be found there -- especially when Tame goes posting crazy.
        I think it might be good to have a definition of the gutter, since people have asked what it is. And you're right, the thunk threads are a great source of pictures!

(Incidentally, for those who were around to hear me kvetch about fandom politics in that other fandom, it's gotten worse. Someone else got deleted from the site, and the forums have been shut down while the drama moved to LiveJournal. )

Mel
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
          Mel, the list looks great! You've done a great job of thinking of all the FAQ's
          um, so where will this FAQ list be posted?? As a thread? (just curious).
          It'll be at my site. (Link in sig.) I'll give everyone the exact link to it when it goes up, and that link can be provided to newbies as part of the welcome wagon.
          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
            Yeah, I am not too crazy about ...Season 8
            Spoiler:

General O'Neill either. I liked Col. O'Neill better. To me, his personality and laid back style, just doesn't fit being commander of a base. I also find him kind of cold and distant. It might just be that Hammond is just a hard act to follow.

The part I hated about Zero hours was when Reynolds pulled all the troups into the gateroom to show support. I just thought what a butt kisser.

I don't think Jack likes his
            Spoiler:
            new position either ...he wrote his letter of resignation already ...ready fot the next time he decides to resign ...I think he has too stay for a while longer ..but yes ..it's not him to stay behind a desk and organize life at the SGC too ....I can't wait to see him in action again ..probably Good to be king!!! is the one where he'll be action Jack again...and then I hope to see him more wearing his khaki gear on and his guns and go off world with the rest of the team and if possible with Sam only at one occasion

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              Suekay ..Did you post your last Sam and Jack fanart anywhere yet ..or it's not finished ?!!!

I thought "Zero" hour was really and so was"Hide and seek" (Atlantis: Loved Mc Kay in there )

It was nice to see Jack 100 % in an episode but I still understand when Lunar said she want to find the old SG1 team back ..I miss that too...but I don't think we'll get them back ...the team has moved on like life moves on ..and it's nearly the end of the road for the show ...I can feel it ..and my hubby too and he is only a casual viewer.

Caty
              Completely agree.

I watche Emanciaption the other day (not one of my faves btw), and it dawned on me how much I missed the Team.

"What is a Opera?"

Classic.

Caty - my new fan art's further up the page. But I'm putting together my fan art page just now!
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                <snip snip>

But if that's what people want, then let me know and I'm gone!

[OT]
                Poke the Penguin
                http://www2.gamesville.lycos.com/html_poke/poke_penguin.htm [/OT]
                Yes yes I know i'm behind on this reply but soooo many pages sooo little time!
                Nooooooooooooooooo! Mala must stay!!! *stamps foot* We want our Mala!!
                Btw, LOVE the cute penguin site! Siler showed it to me when I got online today and just saw it again here (She must have gotten it from you)! TY!!!
                Okay so I was up until like 1:30am last night watching some of my new S7 DVD's and after wading through the long long boring talk in 'Grace' I finally got to hear them (director, etc etc) talk about the Shippers and the ship between S/J! Lemme just say... 12 TAKES??!!! OMG lucky lucky AT!!! But anyway at the end of the episode after Jack leaves Sam in the infirmary, they said something like 'Do you think that will make the shippers happy?' and someone else said 'It will keep the pot boiling'. POT BOILING?? The only pot I want boiling is a pot on a stove, cooking something at the house of the future Mr and Mrs O'Neill! Grrrr This back and forth of will they wont they stuff is making my head hurt!!! Anyway dont know if that last rant made sense but you get my drift. Now I'm off to catch up some more!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                  Mel, just an idea about the FAQ: a little more info on board slang would be useful to newbies. I mean, when I first started frequenting boards such as this acronyms such as IMO, IMHO, BTW, GA, HWMS were all so much mud to me... and we do use these quite a bit on this board...
                  Yeah, acronyms would be good to add. (I'm not sure I know GA...)

Anyway, I'm going to refrain from linking to R and NC17 fan fic, art, etc. — a friend of mine is letting me keep my site on her server for free, and she'd prefer it if I didn't have links to that.
                  Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
                    Caty....you look quite at home as a newly appointed member of SG1!!!! Put in some good words for the rest of us who would love to serve w/RDA and the rest of the crew.....

I'm very warm between those 2 guys ..It's nice to think I 'm going off world to a mission with the rest of the team and yes...I'll pass on the message to my SG1 mates if you don't hear from them .!!!. You 'll hear from me

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      YJ... I think we are all hoping the same thing .....that the resolution is a POSITIVE ONE in the Ships favor and we don't have to wait for a mini-series to fix everything
                      WOW!!! Tame you're nearly at 4000!!!!!

*watches Tame carefully in case she explodes or something*

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                        Okay, folks, I have a list of questions for the FAQ — any suggestions are welcome! Please note that I've grouped some similar questions together.

I've obviously included some questions just about the forum that have come up on the thread. Figured I might as well, since they are frequently asked.

Fab! But you missed out.... Potatoes...

I'd like also a who's who of the Shipper Thread too.

*woo hoo! Just got three blocks!!! Thank you everyone!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          Yeah, acronyms would be good to add. (I'm not sure I know GA...)

Anyway, I'm going to refrain from linking to R and NC17 fan fic, art, etc. — a friend of mine is letting me keep my site on her server for free, and she'd prefer it if I didn't have links to that.
                          Looks like Mei Mei...is STILL gonna have to host all her own stuff ....LOL

Have you gotten everything you need Mel for your site...Your List is GREAT and the work you have done so far !!! GREAT!!!!

True Shipper work here my friends ...just keep TRYING and we find a RESOLUTION THAT WORKS FOR ALL OF US!!!!! YAY SHIPPERS!!!!!!!
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                            Martouf, you just make me laugh soooo much!!!!

Good medicine after a long, long day spent away from my shippy pals, but I'm determined to catch up sooner or later....
                            Hehehe. I'm funny!

*mumbles* Some people don't apparently think so... *mumbles*

Well, hey, I think I'm pretty styling in my new Teal('c) framed glasses!

My dog gave me a hug earlier. It was too cute. I was in the kitchen earlier and Lola was jumping up so I gave her a hug. She put her paws on my shoulders it was soo cute! Awwww...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                              Hehehe. I'm funny!

*mumbles* Some people don't apparently think so... *mumbles*

Well, hey, I think I'm pretty styling in my new Teal('c) framed glasses!

My dog gave me a hug earlier. It was too cute. I was in the kitchen earlier and Lola was jumping up so I gave her a hug. She put her paws on my shoulders it was soo cute! Awwww...
                              ((((((((((MM))))))))) I think you are Hilarious even if you do like
                              You like Sam & Jack to ...so I overlook your faults
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                                It would be my honor to supply the list.

The Shipper Family:

Ship Mum - Shipperahoy
                                Ship Daddy
                                Aunty Sally
                                Ship Nana
                                Lunar
                                Caty
                                Marimba
                                Tame
                                Mei Mei
                                Kri
                                Critter
                                LtLisa
                                Token
                                Auralan
                                Melyanna
                                Mad_Gater and Kel'dor
                                WaterFall
                                Ship Sistah
                                Bucky
                                Michelleb
                                KiwGater
                                Faith
                                Shinrai
                                Chevron Seven
                                Zoser
                                Sam_O_Neill
                                ESTELLE
                                MALA50
                                Gatetrixer
                                Dipsofjazz
                                Majorsal
                                Isis
                                Wynter
                                Ses110
                                cc_mac
                                tauripeg
                                Mishy Mo
                                SueKay
                                Rogue
                                Sugarshaker
                                Getcarter
                                Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                                Scottishshipper
                                SG1Happy
                                Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
                                Blueiris
                                Samisjacksgal
                                Sclairef99
                                Gatetime
                                Col aga
                                Gatewatcher
                                Angel of Fire SG1
                                Muffo
                                Emilee
                                Bucky
                                Tpe78
                                Karibou
                                Ali_gater
                                Athenaktt
                                Elfinwood
                                Tauripeg
                                Waterfall
                                MartoufMarty
                                Stargate Barbie
                                Starfury

If your name is not on the list I give my apologies. Please add it.
                                Oooo me me me!! *jumps up and down* You cant forget me! I'm the one in the Shipper Town rehap twitching in my "room"!! *twitch*

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                                MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                X