X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
    I'm Back! I'm Back I'm Back!!
    I'm in Shipper Town!
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))
    Real Life has been chaos lately, i've got coursework and homework gallore and well everything has just been mad. I've been dying to come back and talk to you all but I never really got the chance, the last few days I haven't even been able to come over and lurk!
    But i've got a week off from school now and even though i'm supposed to be getting my coursework done I had to come back and say hi to you all.
    I'm never going to be able to catch up everything but i'll have a read through the most recent stuff and see what I've missed.
    From today i'm going to try and come here everyday like I used to because no matter what I mum seems to think, talking to you all really does calm me down and help me stop stressing about everything.
    Sorry about the big post and the shiny smileys but I'm just making up for weeks of not posting anything
    Looking forward to Zero Hour tonight
    Sam_o_Neill!!!! glad to hear from you again i was wondering where you were lol

Please please please can we all get back to being friends and having fun and talking about Sam and Jack?????

e.g in Lockdown
    Spoiler:
    When Jack Sam and Teal'c were sitting at the briefing table talking about what to do with Anubis did you notice that Jack was sitting right next to Sam...He should of beem sitting at the end of the table with Sam and Teal'c at either side of him but it looked like he had moved round to the side a bit and was sitting really close to Sam leaving Teal'c sitting all alone on the opposite side of the table
    I thought it was shippy.......
    i kinda thought it was shippy to ....a bit like in crystal skull when they were almost sitting on top of each other in the first briefing lol
    Carolyn

Comment

Everyone take a deep breath...

I have to say that I'm most upset by the turn of events in the shipper thread in the last 24 hours. Instead of being the fun loving friendly group that we are, we seem to have taken on a very negative attitude and personally I for one don't want that or need that (to be totally honest. This thread has taken on the feel of the Anti thread and that's just so incredibly SAD.).

I felt that this was the only place that didn't have the snaky attitude that some other Sam and Jack groups out there have I guess I was wrong.

In regard to the silliness. Some of us here are in high stress job's and have busy family lives, that most times this is the only place we get to be a bit silly having fun and enjoying each other's company and talking about our favourite couple.

As for the rules exactly how many years has this forum gone without having a rule book? Many years..

As for the rapid posting. There has been days when there has only been 3 or 4 pages to read. Then other days there has been 20. Personally it doesn't worry me how many posts there are. Most people just skim them anyway to get the general conversation topic.

I have to say that if this thread continues in the negative manner. I'm out of here. The free time I have in limited and I truly enjoy coming here to chat. But negativity isn't my thing.

I apologise for this being long but it’s my feelings on this subject.

*Steps off soap box.*

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        I think you're missing her point, hon. Replicarter made it sound like those spoilers were 'true', when it really sounded like speculation. Also, there was no warnings as to what was going to be talked about, and that's just another spoil for someone that might not want to be spoiled. All the talk about our fave characters dying is guesswork more than speculation. And as for the other stuff... it's hopeless, so I gave up.

Sally
        Auntie Sal... I love ya. The irreverent off-topicedness of you and Tame and Ship Daddy & many other 'old timers' are why I lurked & then joined this thread & forum in the first place. And since you responded back in the thread & not in PM on this, I will respond back on the thread & not in a PM to you.

I did *not* miss the point of her post. I intentionally wanted my post to be vague enough that it wouldn't come right out & smack everyone in the face -- we get enough grief "out there" for just being a S/J Shippers - I hate the idea of us or anyone new who wants to join us to feel uncomfortable in their home thread.

But since you brought it up - most importantly in that post I didn't want to name the names of allegedly "guilty" posters like you just did. IMHO, it's not good forum etiquette. A PM to the poster, or better yet having a mod involved off the thread, I think is a much more gentle way of letting someone know that hey... maybe you can rein it in for a bit, or whatever the issue is.....

It just smacked to me of what happened to one of our family members in later summer. Something a PM or a mod would have been more appropriate handling. And if you don't know what I'm talking about... PM me.

Sorry family.....back to your normal shipping please.....

Good morning Lunar, Caty, Sam, Andy, tpe & waters....
        (((((hugs for the family this fine day))))))
        Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 26 October 2004, 02:31 AM.
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

heres some shippyness from me to everyone

ooooooooo its my 300 post aswel
          Carolyn

Comment

Very nice picture Carolyn and congrats on the 300 post

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

Good morning Lunar, Caty, Sam, Andy, tpe & waters....
              (((((hugs for the family this fine day))))))
              And a very good morning right back atcha. Although in six minutes (my time) it will be afternoon.
              So a very good afternoon to the shipper family, too!
              Samisjacksgal, I love that picture! And the whole scene it is capped from... so shippy... It's one of those scenes that just exudes UST... Like the season 7
              Spoiler:
              Heroes hug scene
              ... which I constantly waffle on about how I always expect it to turn into a kiss...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                (my time)
                Yes, I have my own time zone now... I mean GMT.

Can I suggest a new term for the shipper family?

'Shipisode.' An episode in which levels of S/J ship reach unprecedented levels.
                EG, Divide and Conquer.

I'm hoping for plenty of shipisodes in the second half of season 8!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                  And a very good morning right back atcha. Although in six minutes (my time) it will be afternoon.
                  So a very good afternoon to the shipper family, too!
                  Samisjacksgal, I love that picture! And the whole scene it is capped from... so shippy... It's one of those scenes that just exudes UST... Like the season 7
                  Spoiler:
                  Heroes hug scene
                  ... which I constantly waffle on about how I always expect it to turn into a kiss...
                  thank you!

i always thought that in heroes
                  Spoiler:
                  jack was gonna kiss her aswell because he looks at her lips for a while, debating?, whether or not he should, then just pulls her into a hug....but my omy what a hug lol
                  Carolyn

Comment

Oh, yes! Heroes
                    Spoiler:
                    When he kisses her neck and...
                    PG forum... PG forum.... LOL.
                    I hope we get something like that in the upcoming episodes... hopeprayhopepray...

Comment

Originally posted by samisjacksgal

heres some shippyness from me to everyone

ooooooooo its my 300 post aswel

Well done to you one day i will be there too.Can someone also tell me where to find the chat room on the forum too please.

smiles
                      scottishshipper

Comment

Okay, I really wasn't up for addressing this last night, but when I wake up to find negative comments in my reputation, I think I want to address it. For those of you who do not know what I am talking about, I sincerely apologize.

This morning I recieved a gray rep point (meaning the poster hasn't earned the right to give red or green) with the comment "Wrong thread-OT" for a post that answered a direct question someone else asked.

I answer questions when asked. It's part of being a member of any community. I don't know when or why it happened yesterday, but some parties have taken it upon themselves to attack other members of this community both within the thread, and outside it on a crusade against offending 'off topicness'.

Some of you claim that this is because you are concerned about intimidating the lurking newbies who might want to join the discussion. That is a valid concern. It is also a valid concern to believe that you are causing existing community members to feel uncomfortable within the thread. I certainly don't feel comfortable, for fear that I might be judged not enough on topic. I have gotten PMs from other community members who do not feel comfortable.

This is NOT what this thread is about. Please leave your personal crusades to other avenues.

Comment

Okay, folks, I have a list of questions for the FAQ — any suggestions are welcome! Please note that I've grouped some similar questions together.

About Jack/Sam

• What does “ship” mean? What is a shipper?
                          • Why ship Jack/Sam?
                          • When did Jack/Sam first appear in canon?
                          • What are some good Jack/Sam episodes?

About the Community

• Who are the shippers of GateWorld?
                          • What is the Shipper Commune? Where did it come from?
                          • When is Shipper Day?
                          • What is the Shipper Store? Where do I find it?
                          • What are Shipper Cookies?
                          • Where can I find fan fiction, art, or music videos about Jack/Sam?
                          • What's with the green Jell-O?
                          • Who are some of these people who have nicknames like Ship Mum or Shipper Fairy?
                          • Where is the shipper chat room? How do I get in?
                          • What do penguins have to do with anything?

About the Forum

• How do I get my text to appear white on a white background? How do I use the spoiler tags?
                          • How do I post an image? How do I get an image into my signature?
                          • How do I give someone reputation points?
                          • Why can’t I use my own avatar? Why are there avatars on the forum that aren’t available to me?
                          • How do I send a private message?
                          I've obviously included some questions just about the forum that have come up on the thread. Figured I might as well, since they are frequently asked.
                          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                          Last update: 14 April 2006
                          Melyanna's Multimedia
                          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I think we all need to bring back the

Shipper LOVE

((((((((((((((((((((((((((GROUP HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              Okay, folks, I have a list of questions for the FAQ — any suggestions are welcome! Please note that I've grouped some similar questions together.

I've obviously included some questions just about the forum that have come up on the thread. Figured I might as well, since they are frequently asked.

Ooh Mel!!
                              LOVED the new fan fic chapter!!

Comment

New Fan Fic

They Told Me
                                Sam/Jack, Janet/Daniel

Set during Heroes so it's kinda depressing...

Comment

Working...
                                X