X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    I am loving your optimism!!!

I'd give you a rep point, but I've been told to spread my rep points around first!
    LOL. Well, thanks anyway! Optimism is a good thing, and it should be desired at all times. Rep points are no factor in my decisions regarding what to post.

Comment

HAPPY BDAY LT LISA!

Hope all your shippy dreams come true!!

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
        LOL. Well, thanks anyway! Optimism is a good thing, and it should be desired at all times. Rep points are no factor in my decisions regarding what to post.
        Sam here

People can green rep me or bad rep me

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Anyways

Continuing our current theme of OPTIMISM

SAM AND JACK WILL BE TOGETHER BY MOEBIUS!!!!! OF THIS I AM CERTAIN.

(don't murder me if they're not)
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          Sam here

People can green rep me or bad rep me

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Anyways

Continuing our current theme of OPTIMISM

SAM AND JACK WILL BE TOGETHER BY MOEBIUS!!!!! OF THIS I AM CERTAIN.

(don't murder me if they're not)
          I'm with you!!

ALL CHANT!!

SAM AND JACK WILL BE TOGETHER BY MOEBIUS!!!!! OF THIS I AM CERTAIN!!!

Comment

Shippy, Happy Birthday LTLisa!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
              This is strange... the new vid is right beneath the Counting Crows one... can't you see the link? What's going on... have TPTB taken over our website? Waaaaaaah....

Try again and tell me if it's still not working. I might be able to e-mail it to you if all else fails.

Ok, I've tried it again, and still......nothing. Beneath the Counting Crows vid, it is just black....

OMG, maybe I'm living in an alternate reality, in which you've never made this vid.

*galaxy will go and look for a quantum mirror, so she can download it in your reality*

Comment

Okay, I'm giving you the direct link, let's see if this works. Right click and "save as": Alternate Universe, my arse....

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Just been reading on another thread that they had been talking to someone working at the studio maybe a writer and they were saying if they write Sam in as being pregnant then it would be the end of Sam and Jack ship. I do not know why this would be? It would give the writers allot of scope and a chance to give Jack a second shance at fatherhood. The author of this information does appear to be an anti Sam /Jack person, I think they are one of those Daniel fans who are against anything that does not involve Danial. Before anyone says anything I do not mean all Daniel fans are like this. Now I am depressed again In some ways I think it would be better if they did not write in Amanda's pregnancy.
                  One thing they did talk about was that they would like not only to see season 9 at the studio, but some had been talking about season 10. I still do not think they should go ahead without RDA. I do not think he can be replaced by anyone. Does anyone else agree that in his last statements about season 9 RDA has not been as dismissive
                  Isis
                  Jack and Sam forever

Comment

Originally posted by Isis
                    Just been reading on another thread that they had been talking to someone working at the studio maybe a writer and they were saying if they write Sam in as being pregnant then it would be the end of Sam and Jack ship. I do not know why this would be?

Neither do I. But I don't see why Sam would have to be written as pregnant. IF--big if at this point--AT comes back for season 9 after having a baby--she will have already have had the baby. They can ignore her pregnancy--put her behind big stuff in the lab--just shoot her face, etc. until she can come back. But--as someone who had a baby at her age--I suspect she's not going to be up to filming until well into the usual filming season.

Actually, as blasphemous as this sounds, I hope this means the end of "Stargate." Yes I love it. Yes, I'd love for it to go on forever. BUT. Many of those involved with it are feeling antsy about doing other projects. The actors are getting older--at some point they have to move on to other positions within the SGC--once they do, then "Stargate SG-1" just isn't the same show anymore.

I still do not think they should go ahead without RDA. I do not think he can be replaced by anyone. Does anyone else agree that in his last statements about season 9 RDA has not been as dismissive

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. I've been away for two weeks and only just caught up with the thread via skimming. The most recent thing I read from RDA was his offhand comment to the fan who was at the AF Awards that he didn't think a season 9 was likely. Any printed icooment that appeared after that was probably from an interview given quite some time ago.

Anyway. To me, it's looking less and less like there will be a Season 9, and if there is, less and less like Season 9 will be anything like the "Stargate SG-1" we are used to.

Hence, I'd rather they quit while they are ahead and put their efforts into "Atlantis."

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                      Ok, I've tried it again, and still......nothing. Beneath the Counting Crows vid, it is just black....

OMG, maybe I'm living in an alternate reality, in which you've never made this vid.

*galaxy will go and look for a quantum mirror, so she can download it in your reality*
                      Oooh, that's a spooky thought! The forum crosses alternate realities? We could all be in different realities?? Ack!!

I didn't have any trouble finding or d/l'ing the new vid.... Maybe you have the page in your cache and need to refresh it.

I d/l'd the larger file and it was great!!!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LTLISA!!!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday, LtLisa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                            <snip>

Anyway. To me, it's looking less and less like there will be a Season 9, and if there is, less and less like Season 9 will be anything like the "Stargate SG-1" we are used to.

Hence, I'd rather they quit while they are ahead and put their efforts into "Atlantis."

Bucky
                            exactly. It's painfully obvious that atlantis is already getting most of the attention right now anyway, so, personally, i feel they should just let stargate go, let it end while it's on a relative up note. concentrate on atlantis (which they already are anyway) and if they want to continue stargate, do a couple of movies or a 4 hour mini series each year.

all good things come to an end and stargate has been on borrowed time since s6 (whre i happen to feel it hit its zenith anyway)

Some shows can go on forever. Take law and order for example. HOwever there is one huge difference, from its beginning, law and order was written to emphasize the stories not the characters. It's written to withstand cast changes. Stargate isn't. and it's been proven in the past, that (generally speaking) stargate's fans are amazingly intolerant of change.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky

Bucky
                              I'd love to see S9, but I think you're right, it wouldn't be the same show we know and (for the most part) love. In fact, it's not the same show now that it was a few years ago. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, but there are certain things about the direction it's going that I'm not too sure about. Like, all this talk about the absence of that nice spinny thing with all the lights.
                              If that's the way it's going, then it might be best for them to bow out gracefully at the end of S8, and maybe come back with a movie in a year or two. Just as long as they don't leave the shippy resolution until the movie. I don't think I could handle that.
                              I really do think Threads will put S&J on the right track though.

Comment

Originally posted by yoojoo
                                Ok it official!! The stargate will now be known as THE ROUND SPINNY THING!!! or the rst, in lower case letters so as not to be confused with RST meaning Resolved Sexual Tension, which we have yet to see any of this season!! hint hint TPTB! Come on a get with the program, resolve it FCOL!!
                                so that means that we want the rst AND the RST in the show?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                                ~Imzadi
                                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Working...
                                X