This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    I haven't done mine yet .!!!may be I'll find another 5 minutes to change it soon!!!!!!
    *sniffle* I want a custom avatar, but it's going to be years before I'm eligible at the rate I post. Need more hours in the day so I have the time to come here more often!
    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
      *sniffle* I want a custom avatar, but it's going to be years before I'm eligible at the rate I post. Need more hours in the day so I have the time to come here more often!
      **big frown**
      **sniffle sniffle**

I know... I was just complaining to someone that I'm getting all of these nice screen caps that'd make great avatars... but.... that 1800 posts thing is sooooooo far away!

Maybe the 2 of us should go on a posting spree ...

(meant as a joke... I don't mean auralan & I should go out spamming!)
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
        **big frown**
        **sniffle sniffle**

I know... I was just complaining to someone that I'm getting all of these nice screen caps that'd make great avatars... but.... that 1800 posts thing is sooooooo far away!
        It seems pretty far away to me too...

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
          **big frown**
          **sniffle sniffle**

Maybe the 2 of us should go on a posting spree ...

(meant as a joke... I don't mean auralan & I should go out spamming!)
          I'm aiming for 1800 by christmas.

A custom Avatar would be a nice prezzie for myself!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Season 8 Citizen Joe spoilers:

Originally posted by Rogue
            Citizen Joe
            Spoiler:

From one of the spoilers I read, Joe's wife says that his stories could use more romance. Maybe somehow they work that into the story and show 'ship clips' of Sam and Jack.
            Spoiler:
            I was kinda wondering if that bit was a set-up for a ship-focused section when I first read it. It certainly sounds like it could go that way, but Joe seems to takes it back to things blowing up rather quickly. It's almost a joke, she asks for ship and immediately after he talks about things blowing up and we get a clip of a giant explosion in the sky instead.

Still, it could easily be foreshadowing for bringing ship into it later in the episode. The scene with Lorraine asking for more about "interpersonal relationships" and less stuff blowing up comes early in the episode. I'm guessing it's in the first act. The teaser was flirty and Sam and Jack are together at the SGC late in the episode with the little regs joke happening then. They're definitely toying with it and there's a lot of potential for ship in my book. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Comment

Citizen Joe spoilers:

Originally posted by Major Fischer
              New information suggests that it is NOT a clip show. Apparently a large number of visual effects were ordered.
              I'm really curious how this isn't a clip show and why they'd need lots of effects.
              Spoiler:
              Joe's barber shop chats with his buddies and Mrs. Joe's book club meetings don't scream effects-heavy to me. Nothing I saw about this one was asking for much in the way of effects work. Clearly there's something nifty going on we haven't heard a peep about thus far. I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                Shameless self promotion alert!
                New story added to Mei Mei's website!

Another Stargate SG-1 Fan Fic about my favorite two characters – Jack and Sam.
                It is shippy so beware.

The Sequel to:
                Possibilities

This story is rated NC-17.
                You must be 18 years of age or older to proceed.

And their story continues!
                Added 10/09/04

Warning: This is a fly by posting...

MEI MEI....I'm hopeless lost in the Life's Journey fic you wrote!!!!!!!!! It's wonderful so far....since you posted the newest part...well I had to start from the beginning and I have to tell you that I read some in the morning and then again at night....ever pondering what is next for our favorite couple Jack n Sam!

Ok....just wanted to say how much I was enjoying it and whole heartedly recommend the fic to those of appropriate age....and I'm so behind on this forum while I'm immersed in Mei Mei's fic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun and see you soon,
                S'Claire

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                  I'm really curious how this isn't a clip show and why they'd need lots of effects.
                  That's the ten million dollar question now, isn't it. I'm starting to wonder how much of the spoiler information this season is accurate.

Comment

Spoilers Threads, Citizen Joe & Moebius:

Originally posted by Catysg1
                    yes I see what you mean ..but I think this is
                    Spoiler:
                    where they may be going with it ...but I hope not( Some of the spoilers don't fit that though) ..because if Sam has doubts in Threads ..then reallly ..it means she really should do something about it before Mobius ..but then again ..In citizen Joe she is talking to Jack on the phone and it seems to be very casual and quite intimate ..Specially when he says .."I ring you back later " They may have both dumped the b/f......g/f ......by then
                    ..a bit confusion but nice to speculate.
                    Spoiler:
                    Kerry's history by the end of Threads. It seems like Pete's also gone by the start of Citizen Joe, but that's more my intrepretation of how Sam and Jack are acting (and Threads hints) than anything solid. I do think they're both gone in a romantic sense by the time we hit Moebius.

DDL may want more work, but I don't think he's going to be Sam's boychump if he returns in season 9 so much as local law enforcement that knows about the gate. They set it up so he's got history working with the SGC and moved him to the area. That really smacks of setting up a possible recurrence after the breakup in my book. There was no real need to club us so hard with his new location and how useful he could be outside his boyfriend status otherwise. They do seem to like working with him, so it's not surprising they'd want to leave that door open after they slam the relationship one shut and throw away the key.

Comment

Citzen Joe Thoughts

Spoiler:
                      Maybe this is a missing scene ep ala D&C. In divide and conquer, we seen scenes from Upgrades that weren't actually in the episodes. Maybe this will be moments from the past that have just been filmed. RDA will probably have his hair dyed, AT will have different hair with les warm tones, MS will have a wig (hee hee) and CJ will have latex to cover his hair.

I think this would be great!
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Starfury
                        Does that change your perspective, your attitude about or your enjoyment of Sam's current story arc at all? Why or why not?
                        Originally posted by Skydiver
                        that is very posible. Her personal feelings could be why the character has been feeling this way as well.

I think it's a relativey common feeling for any woman to have in her mid 30's....especially if she doesn't have a child/family. Will she ever have one? time is running out.

and especially with the news that she'd lost 2 previous pregnancies, that could also explain her feelings.
                        **sneaks back over to Shipper Thread... extending the lunch hour by another 10 minutes...**

To answer you Starfury.... I don't think knowing now what AT has gone through the past 14 months has changed my enjoyment/attitude toward/perspective of the show...

Why?

Well... as a late thirtysomething less than 2 years away from the big 4-0 who's single w/no kids... I think I'd already pretty much identified w/Sam & where she's been at professionally/personally while w/the SGC. Like Sam, not being married or childless doesn't rule my life or my mind, but I will admit... there's times when heck yes... through something someone says or something that triggers that line of thought... I do think about that bio-clock... (even reading her letter on her website got me to thinking again...)

I didn't have a problem throughout most of my 30's because I knew that the option to have children was still available... both my grandmothers had most of their children (all healthy) in their 30's... my own mother in her mid- to late-20's... so I wasn't so concerned because I knew (or assumed) that the option was still physically feasible... but now w/my body (not necessarily my mind! ) slowly edging up to 40... I *know* the risks of various birth defects to the child are increasing exponentially not to mention the risks to me... and when I do think about it *nods*... yes... I can identify with the character's angst... and AT's wish to have a child before it becomes too risky for mother or child....

OK... heck that was 10 minutes times 2... I really gotta get back to work now... see y'all later.....
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                          If Pete leaves soon... how will I ever manage to be on topic in this thread?
                          Rest assured, ,ocking Pete will always be on topic in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            but honestly? I don't mind if this is a good reason to end it. Let her have time with her family.

i'm sure the door will be open for her to guest on atlantis
                            It really is starting to feel like it might be time for all of them to move on to the next stages in their lives. At this point, I think I'd be more surprised if there was a season 9 than if there wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              Citzen Joe Thoughts

Spoiler:
                              Maybe this is a missing scene ep ala D&C. In divide and conquer, we seen scenes from Upgrades that weren't actually in the episodes. Maybe this will be moments from the past that have just been filmed. RDA will probably have his hair dyed, AT will have different hair with les warm tones, MS will have a wig (hee hee) and CJ will have latex to cover his hair.

I think this would be great!

That would be great!!! And it would tie up some of the lose ends that have been floating around all these years. It would be like
                              Spoiler:
                              getting to see the missing scenes that we all felt were there but we just weren't allowed to see. That could also account for the special effects that are needed.

Wouldn't we all love to see missing scenes with Jonas and Thera together and what about seeing what Sam said during her "za'tarc" interrogation. I'm sure that we can think of a lot more scenes that we would love to see.
                              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                                That would be great!!! And it would tie up some of the lose ends that have been floating around all these years. It would be like
                                Spoiler:
                                getting to see the missing scenes that we all felt were there but we just weren't allowed to see. That could also account for the special effects that are needed.

Wouldn't we all love to see missing scenes with Jonas and Thera together and what about seeing what Sam said during her "za'tarc" interrogation. I'm sure that we can think of a lot more scenes that we would love to see.
                                I vote for this option. Very cool idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X