This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    I share your frustration. Its like the writers cannot decide how Jack and Sam should act toward each other. Where does the Spudster fit in? NOWHERE! I think it is from trying to please everybody.
    I agree that they're trying to not take a stand on anything to avoid displeasing anyone. I think I read years ago that the creator of Babylon 5 had a 5-year plan for the show where it was known from the beginning how it was going to develop, play out and end. (I hope I'm correct in thinking this anyway). Clearly the SG PTB have never had any such plan, and, as a result, we keep getting jerked around in different directions depending upon the whim of the time. I wish they had been able to plan with more certainty.

I'm also afraid that between SG1 and SGA, they're running out of ideas and are too s - t - r - e - t - c - h - e - d to give us the quality they have in the past. And, RDA's schedule makes it even more difficult.

I think I need to take a break from all things SG for a while, so maybe it's a good thing we're in hiatus now. Except for my shipper family, of course; I couldn't get along without you guys even for a short time!

sigpic
    s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

i was just wandering if skara(spelling?) was gonna come back in season 8? he seemed to notice the sam/jack thing in full circle and laughed when jack looked away awkward when he asked if sam and jack would be coming to his wedding together lol
      Carolyn

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        Bucky, you can find the entire collection of John Waterhouse's paintings here.

I'm still contending that the episode AT was talking about was not "New Order".
        Spoiler:
        The description of the dream sequence in that was always described as torture in the spoilers, and this quite clearly says that it's Sam's ideal future. But we'll see when it comes

Mel

THANKS!!!

And as for the spoiler, we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully the episode will make us all happy.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          Okay I am kind of jumping into the fray here from Shimmeringstar's question from *way back when*
          Being an *older* person (no I am not telling it again so stop asking)

In the last season and a half (seasons 7&8) we have watched Sam & Jack go from being *friends* to *being so completely angsty it ain't funny* to *acting as if they have never met* to acting like jilted lovers* to *buddies* and now *who the heck KNOWS*

TPTB have been ALL OVER the place with these two is it any wonder we are so totally confused.
          and then in the middle of all this TPTB throw in Spud Boy and one week Sam is dating him and all lovey dovey and then the next week Sam never acts like she ever heard of Pete OR Jack, Then the next week she is *having a moment with Jack* and then the next week

Affinity spoiler
          Spoiler:
          she is showing a ring to Jack and tearing his heart out, telling Spud Boy YES, yes, yes (ok we get the point) AND kissing while on an operation

And then the next week...it is like she NEVER heard of Spud Boy.......we don't see anything to indicate Spud Boy, Sam & Jack are acting like they can't stand to be in the same room and boy isn't this fun.

then the next week Sam & Jack are all *buddies and all comfortable with each other and Sam AGAIN acts like Spud Boy who????? Spoilers Sacrafices
          Spoiler:

and Jack is all touchy feely and Sam is like "No looky at the half naked Jaffa Chicks" and everyone is all grins and happy BUT Sam never once mentions her engagement Jack never asks about it...did she say yes....did she say no.....WHAT!!!! we never know how it all stands with the team BECAUSE NO ONE TALKS ABOUT IT!!!!

AND then we are back to Jack & Sam acting as if the other is some one they just met
          spoilers Endgame
          Spoiler:

Did Sam ever go to the SGC besides that first scene????? You pretty much have to just decide what feelings you want the characters to have because TPTB really don't do a good job of conveying ANYTHING in this episode IMHO until the end RDA is the only one I felt conveyed any tension or any frustration about anything. Sam, Daniel all just seemed a bit TOO happy go lucky for me.

once again TPTB left it up to us to make the ship. Which is fine EXCEPT THEY forgot one thing..........SPUD BOY!!!! how are we supposed to make ship with a potatoe hanging over our collective heads????? and how are we supposed to make ship when they keep changing the rules EVERY episode....they are NOT consistent at all these days and that is very frustrating

ok....maybe that isn't exactly the answer you were looking for Shimmeringstar....but I needed to vent and it is lunch time...so maybe I just need food
          Spoiler:
          Don't get hungry, get mad Potatohead was the single biggest mistake in character introduction, ever. And not just introduced, but kept and kept. He wore out his welcome in Chimera and one little joke about stalkers in Affinity is not going to rehab him. As a catalyst for an eventual Sam and Jack gettogether he's an agonizingly slow one. The way I see it, a writer gets an idea, floats it by TPTB and nobody says....but..but..that doesn't fit in with(name a previous episode or one coming up). Like Teal'c with Kristin and Sacrifices coming up. Nobody said "but." So nobody says, "But Sam's engaged." Or better yet, if she must get engaged, have it later in the Season. I'm rambling, but why oh why is Potatohead hanging around damaging our psyches? And making our Sam unrecognizable at times?

Comment

Okay I am kind of jumping into the fray here from Shimmeringstar's question from *way back when*

In the last season and a half (seasons 7&8) we have watched Sam & Jack go from being *friends* to *being so completely angsty it ain't funny* to *acting as if they have never met* to acting like jilted lovers* to *buddies* and now *who the heck KNOWS*

TPTB have been ALL OVER the place with these two is it any wonder we are so totally confused.
            and then in the middle of all this TPTB throw in Spud Boy and one week Sam is dating him and all lovey dovey and then the next week Sam never acts like she ever heard of Pete OR Jack, Then the next week she is *having a moment with Jack* and then the next week

Affinity spoiler
            Spoiler:
            she is showing a ring to Jack and tearing his heart out, telling Spud Boy YES, yes, yes (ok we get the point) AND kissing while on an operation

And then the next week...it is like she NEVER heard of Spud Boy.......we don't see anything to indicate Spud Boy, Sam & Jack are acting like they can't stand to be in the same room and boy isn't this fun.

then the next week Sam & Jack are all *buddies and all comfortable with each other and Sam AGAIN acts like Spud Boy who????? Spoilers Sacrafices
            Spoiler:

and Jack is all touchy feely and Sam is like "No looky at the half naked Jaffa Chicks" and everyone is all grins and happy BUT Sam never once mentions her engagement Jack never asks about it...did she say yes....did she say no.....WHAT!!!! we never know how it all stands with the team BECAUSE NO ONE TALKS ABOUT IT!!!!

AND then we are back to Jack & Sam acting as if the other is some one they just met
            spoilers Endgame
            Spoiler:

Did Sam ever go to the SGC besides that first scene????? You pretty much have to just decide what feelings you want the characters to have because TPTB really don't do a good job of conveying ANYTHING in this episode IMHO until the end RDA is the only one I felt conveyed any tension or any frustration about anything. Sam, Daniel all just seemed a bit TOO happy go lucky for me.

once again TPTB left it up to us to make the ship. Which is fine EXCEPT THEY forgot one thing..........SPUD BOY!!!! how are we supposed to make ship with a potatoe hanging over our collective heads????? and how are we supposed to make ship when they keep changing the rules EVERY episode....they are NOT consistent at all these days and that is very frustrating

ok....maybe that isn't exactly the answer you were looking for Shimmeringstar....but I needed to vent and it is lunch time...so maybe I just need food

Tame, I agree with you that "Endgame" was all over the place--and not just for ship. I think the failures of the episode are a direct result of the way they film groups of scenes now. Okay, let's get all the stakeouts done. We'll just use this same warehouse with a little extra dressing--and oops, AT, just throw on this sexy leather jacket over your jeans because we don't have time for you to go back and dress like everyone else. And okay, MS you'll have to do the interrogation because RDA left already and AT is filming somewhere else.

I've been a Trekkie most of my life, but one of my biggest gripes has been when they cut corners and have one character do another character's job. That's what was happening in "Endgame," and it showed.

I mean, the whole episode seemed thrown together. I thought it was a big disappointment for a "summer finale"--especially as the "Atlantis" episode was excellent.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
              Tame I said similar things in an earlier post.
              Spoiler:
              I know most Shippers do not want to see it but IMO we need to see Sam telling Jack she is engaged.TPTB are trying to have it both ways and are trying to please everyone and it just does not work.TPTB have gone too far in trying to protect a guest character.The way TPTB have handled the Sam and Jack Ship I can sometimes understand where Non-Shippers are coming from.There was been to many stop and starts regarding Sam and Jack relationship.It really does feel like they barely know each other.
              ((((((((ses110)))))))))
              I know you did and I know we great minds repeat each other every other day around here.....(I KNEW I heard this some where )

but it is just .....when you are right....you are right!!!
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                I agree that they're trying to not take a stand on anything to avoid displeasing anyone. I think I read years ago that the creator of Babylon 5 had a 5-year plan for the show where it was known from the beginning how it was going to develop, play out and end. (I hope I'm correct in thinking this anyway). Clearly the SG PTB have never had any such plan, and, as a result, we keep getting jerked around in different directions depending upon the whim of the time. I wish they had been able to plan with more certainty.

I'm also afraid that between SG1 and SGA, they're running out of ideas and are too s - t - r - e - t - c - h - e - d to give us the quality they have in the past. And, RDA's schedule makes it even more difficult.

I think I need to take a break from all things SG for a while, so maybe it's a good thing we're in hiatus now. Except for my shipper family, of course; I couldn't get along without you guys even for a short time!
                There are quite a few story lines they could revisit-Nox, Tollen, Achein. But instead we get the Trust. I know everyone misses RDA, but I am tired of hearing how RDA limited time has negativly impacted the show. To me that is the writers excuse for poor story lines and character development. What ever limited time RDA has to offer should just enhance the story line.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

It's time for Joe's post to be revived. Which may revive US a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                    Tame, I agree with you that "Endgame" was all over the place--and not just for ship. I think the failures of the episode are a direct result of the way they film groups of scenes now. Okay, let's get all the stakeouts done. We'll just use this same warehouse with a little extra dressing--and oops, AT, just throw on this sexy leather jacket over your jeans because we don't have time for you to go back and dress like everyone else. And okay, MS you'll have to do the interrogation because RDA left already and AT is filming somewhere else.

I've been a Trekkie most of my life, but one of my biggest gripes has been when they cut corners and have one character do another character's job. That's what was happening in "Endgame," and it showed.

I mean, the whole episode seemed thrown together. I thought it was a big disappointment for a "summer finale"--especially as the "Atlantis" episode was excellent.

Bucky

Bucky....EXCELLENT points...I really had never thought about it from the production stand point....of Hey we are here so just throw that on and let's do this type of thing........

that makes alot of sense and does explain A LOT and really does make more sense than TPTB being just hoorrendously stupid........which after Pete...I was beginning to wonder

However, what that tells me is TPTB are NOT respecting the audience and that annoys me. Because it brings us back the fact that SG1 has a very intelligent audience and to put together a *shoddy* episode and then try to pass it off on us is an insult to the fans.
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                      It's time for Joe's post to be revived. Which may revive US a little.
                      ROFLMAOOOOOO

Oh I don't know Gatetrixer...I think we can be pretty cryptic and yet *make* it *sound* really shippy and yet maybe not but really positive and yet make you think twice

see now you try

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                        Spoiler:
                        Don't get hungry, get mad Potatohead was the single biggest mistake in character introduction, ever. And not just introduced, but kept and kept. He wore out his welcome in Chimera and one little joke about stalkers in Affinity is not going to rehab him. As a catalyst for an eventual Sam and Jack gettogether he's an agonizingly slow one. The way I see it, a writer gets an idea, floats it by TPTB and nobody says....but..but..that doesn't fit in with(name a previous episode or one coming up). Like Teal'c with Kristin and Sacrifices coming up. Nobody said "but." So nobody says, "But Sam's engaged." Or better yet, if she must get engaged, have it later in the Season. I'm rambling, but why oh why is Potatohead hanging around damaging our psyches? And making our Sam unrecognizable at times?
                        True....true.......true......

Some days we can recognize Sam and she is that Kick A$$ Chick we all love....then others....who knows......once they brought out the Spud....it is as if Sam became an *Instant Flake*.....I crack myself up

Comment

I have to say I have been majorly disappointed with S8, because it isn't the same as previous Stargate seasons that have gone before... there's hardly any team interaction. I was watching some of the early season 7 eps they're showing on channel 4 here in the UK and I got all wistful remembering how it used to be... even with RDA on reduced schedule, there was still 'team' pieces. And inventive ways of not using RDA (The ep I was watching was Fragile Balance. What a fantastic idea that was, Jack and team just without RDA!!). Now it is constantly SG-1 member plus this week's guest star...
                          And lets not even get me stared on

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                            I have to say I have been majorly disappointed with S8, because it isn't the same as previous Stargate seasons that have gone before... there's hardly any team interaction. I was watching some of the early season 7 eps they're showing on channel 4 here in the UK and I got all wistful remembering how it used to be... even with RDA on reduced schedule, there was still 'team' pieces. And inventive ways of not using RDA (The ep I was watching was Fragile Balance. What a fantastic idea that was, Jack and team just without RDA!!). Now it is constantly SG-1 member plus this week's guest star...
                            And lets not even get me stared on
                            Another non-RDA ep I like is Nightstalker(season 6). It shows good team interaction with Teal'c, Jonas and Sam. It is also has good humor.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                              There are quite a few story lines they could revisit-Nox, Tollen, Achein. But instead we get the Trust. I know everyone misses RDA, but I am tired of hearing how RDA limited time has negativly impacted the show. To me that is the writers excuse for poor story lines and character development. What ever limited time RDA has to offer should just enhance the story line.
                              Very well said Rogue. Especially the bit about the writers using RDA's limited time as an excuse for their poor stories. I am sorry to say but I really feel the end of Stargate SG1 is near. If this is the best they can come up and they aren't actively searching for new writers (don't know if they are or aren't) then who's going to want to watch?
                              Desperate Thunker

Comment

Affinity spoiler
                                Spoiler:

Spoiler:

spoilers Endgame
                                Spoiler:

Yeah...what Tame said. (Especially since I love to steal her wise and witty words ). You hit all the nails on the head with this one.
                                Desperate Thunker

Comment

Working...
                                X