Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I am kind of jumping into the fray here from Shimmeringstar's question from *way back when*
    Being an *older* person (no I am not telling it again so stop asking)

In the last season and a half (seasons 7&8) we have watched Sam & Jack go from being *friends* to *being so completely angsty it ain't funny* to *acting as if they have never met* to acting like jilted lovers* to *buddies* and now *who the heck KNOWS*

TPTB have been ALL OVER the place with these two is it any wonder we are so totally confused.
    and then in the middle of all this TPTB throw in Spud Boy and one week Sam is dating him and all lovey dovey and then the next week Sam never acts like she ever heard of Pete OR Jack, Then the next week she is *having a moment with Jack* and then the next week

Affinity spoiler
    Spoiler:
    she is showing a ring to Jack and tearing his heart out, telling Spud Boy YES, yes, yes (ok we get the point) AND kissing while on an operation

And then the next week...it is like she NEVER heard of Spud Boy.......we don't see anything to indicate Spud Boy, Sam & Jack are acting like they can't stand to be in the same room and boy isn't this fun.

then the next week Sam & Jack are all *buddies and all comfortable with each other and Sam AGAIN acts like Spud Boy who????? Spoilers Sacrafices
    Spoiler:

and Jack is all touchy feely and Sam is like "No looky at the half naked Jaffa Chicks" and everyone is all grins and happy BUT Sam never once mentions her engagement Jack never asks about it...did she say yes....did she say no.....WHAT!!!! we never know how it all stands with the team BECAUSE NO ONE TALKS ABOUT IT!!!!

AND then we are back to Jack & Sam acting as if the other is some one they just met
    spoilers Endgame
    Spoiler:

Did Sam ever go to the SGC besides that first scene????? You pretty much have to just decide what feelings you want the characters to have because TPTB really don't do a good job of conveying ANYTHING in this episode IMHO until the end RDA is the only one I felt conveyed any tension or any frustration about anything. Sam, Daniel all just seemed a bit TOO happy go lucky for me.

once again TPTB left it up to us to make the ship. Which is fine EXCEPT THEY forgot one thing..........SPUD BOY!!!! how are we supposed to make ship with a potatoe hanging over our collective heads????? and how are we supposed to make ship when they keep changing the rules EVERY episode....they are NOT consistent at all these days and that is very frustrating

ok....maybe that isn't exactly the answer you were looking for Shimmeringstar....but I needed to vent and it is lunch time...so maybe I just need food
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

My son was home this weekend and we watched The Lost City episodes and the first episode of S8 together. He has watched all the episodes through season 6 (on dvd), and a couple of S7 when he was home, so this was his first time seeing The Lost City. He really liked it. After it was over, at 3:30 in the morning, I asked him: "So, what do you think? Should Sam and Jack be together?"
      Son: I don't care.
      Me: No, if you had to decide, what would you say, and disregard how you know I feel.
      son: ahhh
      Me: Well, would you have them be together?
      son: Yeah, I think so.

It's nice to know all those college $$$$ are paying off. He's really very smart.
      sigpic
      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
        My son was home this weekend and we watched The Lost City episodes and the first episode of S8 together. He has watched all the episodes through season 6 (on dvd), and a couple of S7 when he was home, so this was his first time seeing The Lost City. He really liked it. After it was over, at 3:30 in the morning, I asked him: "So, what do you think? Should Sam and Jack be together?"
        Son: I don't care.
        Me: No, if you had to decide, what would you say, and disregard how you know I feel.
        son: ahhh
        Me: Well, would you have them be together?
        son: Yeah, I think so.

It's nice to know all those college $$$$ are paying off. He's really very smart.
        Ooh yay! Another shipper!!!
        Unfortunately I haven't found any where I am yet besides Michy, and she was the onw who 'converted' me!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          Ooh yay! Another shipper!!!
          Unfortunately I haven't found any where I am yet besides Michy, and she was the onw who 'converted' me!
          LOL likewise i feel lonely where i am all my friends arent interested in stargate but ive converted my dear mommy into a jack/sam shipper lol
          Carolyn

Comment

Originally posted by samisjacksgal
            LOL likewise i feel lonely where i am all my friends arent interested in stargate but ive converted my dear mommy into a jack/sam shipper lol
            Intoduce your best friend to Stargate. That's what Mishy did, and I'm now a Gater and Shipper!!! (Mind you, I've been involved in Voyager fandom for five years!)
            I'd only ever seen a few episodes of Stargate, and one day when I was round at Michy's, she showed me 'Divide and Conquer' - I was not impressed. I didn't know who Sam and Jack were, I didn't know who the Tok'ra or the Goa'uld or the Zatarc were, so I didn't really care.
            A week later, she made me watch Window Of Opportunity and I thought it was hilarious! The next thing she knows id that I'm asking for a loan of her box sets, writing fanfic and talking to all you guys!!!

That's how I fell in love with Stargate and Sam and Jack!!!
            sigpic

Comment

My friends may not watch Stargate, but whenever they call me now, they tend to ask, not if I am busy, but, "you're not watching your favorite show are you?"
              And no one can remember the name *Stargate*, it's always *your favorite show*.
              sigpic
              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                Okay I am kind of jumping into the fray here from Shimmeringstar's question from *way back when*
                Being an *older* person (no I am not telling it again so stop asking)

In the last season and a half (seasons 7&8) we have watched Sam & Jack go from being *friends* to *being so completely angsty it ain't funny* to *acting as if they have never met* to acting like jilted lovers* to *buddies* and now *who the heck KNOWS*

TPTB have been ALL OVER the place with these two is it any wonder we are so totally confused.
                and then in the middle of all this TPTB throw in Spud Boy and one week Sam is dating him and all lovey dovey and then the next week Sam never acts like she ever heard of Pete OR Jack, Then the next week she is *having a moment with Jack* and then the next week

Affinity spoiler
                Spoiler:
                she is showing a ring to Jack and tearing his heart out, telling Spud Boy YES, yes, yes (ok we get the point) AND kissing while on an operation

And then the next week...it is like she NEVER heard of Spud Boy.......we don't see anything to indicate Spud Boy, Sam & Jack are acting like they can't stand to be in the same room and boy isn't this fun.

then the next week Sam & Jack are all *buddies and all comfortable with each other and Sam AGAIN acts like Spud Boy who????? Spoilers Sacrafices
                Spoiler:

and Jack is all touchy feely and Sam is like "No looky at the half naked Jaffa Chicks" and everyone is all grins and happy BUT Sam never once mentions her engagement Jack never asks about it...did she say yes....did she say no.....WHAT!!!! we never know how it all stands with the team BECAUSE NO ONE TALKS ABOUT IT!!!!

AND then we are back to Jack & Sam acting as if the other is some one they just met
                spoilers Endgame
                Spoiler:

Did Sam ever go to the SGC besides that first scene????? You pretty much have to just decide what feelings you want the characters to have because TPTB really don't do a good job of conveying ANYTHING in this episode IMHO until the end RDA is the only one I felt conveyed any tension or any frustration about anything. Sam, Daniel all just seemed a bit TOO happy go lucky for me.

once again TPTB left it up to us to make the ship. Which is fine EXCEPT THEY forgot one thing..........SPUD BOY!!!! how are we supposed to make ship with a potatoe hanging over our collective heads????? and how are we supposed to make ship when they keep changing the rules EVERY episode....they are NOT consistent at all these days and that is very frustrating

ok....maybe that isn't exactly the answer you were looking for Shimmeringstar....but I needed to vent and it is lunch time...so maybe I just need food
                I share your frustration. Its like the writers cannot decide how Jack and Sam should act toward each other. Where does the Spudster fit in? NOWHERE! I think it is from trying to please everybody.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by samisjacksgal
                  I've got two fanatical friends, and a couple of 'I like the show' type friends...working on turning one into a shipper...but its so hard to turn guys into shippers...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                  ~Imzadi
                  describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                  Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                    I share your frustration. Its like the writers cannot decide how Jack and Sam should act toward each other. Where does the Spudster fit in? NOWHERE! I think it is from trying to please everybody.
                    The unfortunate thing is that with all the wishy washy .....stuff.....all TPTB are succeeding in doing is annoying everyone instead
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                      I've got two fanatical friends, and a couple of 'I like the show' type friends...working on turning one into a shipper...but its so hard to turn guys into shippers...
                      I know of a few people that watch Stargate. My mum and Dad both watch the videos I've got; My friends Ryan and Spider both watch, but are casual viewers; My step-brother also watches it, buthe is an anti-shipper .
                      Mihsy and I are going to try and convert our friend Stacey into being a shipper. She sometimes watches the show, and she watched the Lowdown with us!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        Intoduce your best friend to Stargate. That's what Mishy did, and I'm now a Gater and Shipper!!! (Mind you, I've been involved in Voyager fandom for five years!)
                        I'd only ever seen a few episodes of Stargate, and one day when I was round at Michy's, she showed me 'Divide and Conquer' - I was not impressed. I didn't know who Sam and Jack were, I didn't know who the Tok'ra or the Goa'uld or the Zatarc were, so I didn't really care.
                        A week later, she made me watch Window Of Opportunity and I thought it was hilarious! The next thing she knows id that I'm asking for a loan of her box sets, writing fanfic and talking to all you guys!!!

That's how I fell in love with Stargate and Sam and Jack!!!
                        thats a good idea, actually when he's on the phone he usually asks me if im watching it or is it any good..i get the impression he might like it i shal investigate lol....and the other good thing is hes a hopless romantic aswell lol so sam and jack ship will be high on his list hee hee

it is hard to figure out what guys like at times lol
                        Last edited by samisjacksgal; 20 September 2004, 10:45 AM.
                        Carolyn

Comment

I am my nature a hopeless romantic and i'm trying to poison my kid sister into shipperdom.She's still doing the puberty thing though so there's time.I think the biggest thing keeping her from total ship is the 8 seasons and sam's upcoming cursed event.....She's so danged LOGICAL she's like 8 seasons either get together or enough already! I have to admit i see her point.....but Sam and Jack HAVE to get together.they HAVE TO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                            I am my nature a hopeless romantic and i'm trying to poison my kid sister into shipperdom.She's still doing the puberty thing though so there's time.I think the biggest thing keeping her from total ship is the 8 seasons and sam's upcoming cursed event.....She's so danged LOGICAL she's like 8 seasons either get together or enough already! I have to admit i see her point.....but Sam and Jack HAVE to get together.they HAVE TO!!!!!!!!!
                            i totally agree 10000000000%

lol
                            Carolyn

Comment

Tame I said similar things in an earlier post.
                              Spoiler:
                              I know most Shippers do not want to see it but IMO we need to see Sam telling Jack she is engaged.TPTB are trying to have it both ways and are trying to please everyone and it just does not work.TPTB have gone too far in trying to protect a guest character.The way TPTB have handled the Sam and Jack Ship I can sometimes understand where Non-Shippers are coming from.There was been to many stop and starts regarding Sam and Jack relationship.It really does feel like they barely know each other.

Comment

EXACTLY!!!! we need some action in that sector one way or another even(heaven forbid)a fight or a breakup or something like that as long as something HAPPENS.They should at least comunicate,we could have some acceptance angst or something but skirting the issue just doesn't become the show.It doesn't become the closeness we're supposed to feel after all these years.I mean to me,the team felt closer in the end of season 1 than the beginning of season 5.it was kindof awkward

Comment

Working...
                                X