This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    My FAVORITE DANCING Lt you are the best!!!!!!!!!!

If Sam & Jack don't get together I will have to slap them just because you have danced yourself silly!!!!! from Delphi all the way over to here....

Gads at least here I think it was Ship Nana that found Pictures of you dancing but girl you just keep on and I will just keep on grinning!!!!

As long as you are dancing I KNOW there is hope for Sam & Jack and I KNOW there is HOPE that TPTB are going to get this whole thing RIGHT and Sam & Jack will *Dance* into each other's arms for that BIG PASSIONATE KISS*!!!!!!
    (((Tame))) it is my honor to serve! (psss...and JOna and Thera are off in that supply room AGAIN!)

//Pete is no threat to O'Neill."//

and Carter loves O'Neill. She adores him.~AT those are the words to live by shippers...

Marimba, I agree with everything you said about the OT stuff (p.146). And yes, the season finale of Alias was awesome...theres some PTB that LISTEN to their fans and know how to please the shippers. JJ Abrams (the creator) has said no more playing with the ship! ship forever! PTB, are you listening? the same for Sam and Jack please!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
    ~Imzadi
    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      <snip>
      Okay, now to more serious matters. This whole OT debate. We have ALL been guilty of being OT at one time or another--there are over 15,000 posts in the archive to prove it and I'm QUITE sure that not every post in that archive is serious and on-topic.

Lately we have had very little ship to talk about and so we have been getting to know each other on thread--a good thing IMHO. While I agree in principle that posts should be kept as close to topic as possible, it would be difficult to decide what is too far away from topic and who to penalize accordingly and it would probably devolve into bickering--not a pretty picture.

I'm quite sure I don't need to remind the vets here of the situation over at the Sam and Jack list--lots of bickering from certain people, not a pleasant place to be sometimes. Several people have come here because of the warmth and genuine affection that they see here. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that? I, for one, do not want to see that go away.

I hear the complaint that the OT posts are the reason the thread is going too fast. While they may be a contributing factor, they are not the ONLY reason. Remember that the number of people who post on this thread has grown SIGNIFICANTLY over the summer! The sheer number of people who delurked because of Affinity is AMAZING!! More people=more posts.

But here's what worries me folks...

We have always been a big shipper family and I'm worried that when we hurt each other, we are destroying that. We have always been about boosting people up, NOT tearing them down. We are all antsy of late because of Affinity (just like we were antsy over Chimera) but the key difference here is that we are so worried about Pete that we seem to have forgotten why we're here. In that spirit, I'm going to repost my reasons for being here...

1. I LOVE SAM AND JACK. I like them in a box, with a fox, etc. You get the idea.
      2. I have ALWAYS felt welcome and APPRECIATED here. And ONLY here! I have been part of various other forums and this is the ONLY place where shippers can go and have a SAFE place where they won't be attacked by antis or even each other (in the case of the S and J list). I've invited friends from other forums to come here BECAUSE of that WARMTH and AFFECTION!
      3. Right now you guys are the ONLY reason I'm even WATCHING. I have loved SG-1 for eight years but after Affinity I was ready to throw in the towel--you guys kept me going.

On a slightly different note, how can we reasonably ask for what we want from TPTB when we are ready to implode? The one thing that unites the antis and keeps them going is how much they hate the ship. If they agree on NOTHING else, they agree on that. Do we really want to forget about writing letters, postcards, etc. so we can fight amongst ourselves? I don't.
      We used to agree on our love of ship and I thought we had a nice rapport going. Seemed to be a fairly good balance of fluff/serious discussion. I guess I was wrong.

Okay, rant done I think! Whew!
      Well said. As in any Family, there will be conflicts from time to time, but let us all lace our words with kindness.
      Everyone together now... Sam and Jack Forever!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
        Ah, the shipper family is a good family to be in. No doubt about it, this is one of the best anywhere on the Internet for any topic of discussion!

As for RDA's involvement in Season 9 and S/J ramifications *if there is one* speculations and addressing Marimba's comparison to Alias.

Spoiler:
        I'd be absolutely thrilled about a season 9 and absolutely thrilled if RDA would be in it. Marimba's right. Lauren on Alias was a MUCH bigger pain in the mitka than Pete will ever be on SG-1. JJ Abrams, the creator of Alias, commented about how off-track the third season went, and how Lauren had a pretty big role in driving the storylines off target. He said next season, he's going to get back to some things which made up the heart of the show, like rooting positively for Sydney/Vaughn. Maybe SG-1 will take a hint. After all, they seem to have been copying several things from Alias this year. Need I mention the concept of a Covenant, and furthermore, a secret rogue organization called the Trust? I mean, supposedly there's a Rambaldi Trust on Alias now, too. They might as well continue the trend and off Pete. LOL.
        omg, if Stargate does an ALias and they blow Ptui away (in self defense of course) while making out? omg, I'd be SO unbeleivably thrilled. He can live, but still...I won't have a problem with this...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
        ~Imzadi

Comment

I don't know if anyone's interested, but there's a thread in the briefing room, in the fandom section, asking shippers and non-shippers to explain their reasoning and points of view..here's the link

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=4329

i don't know if anyone's interested in explaining how and why they ship, of even if they can, seeing how it can be such an emotional, visceral reaction, but it might be interesting to see what people come up with
          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Hmmmm.....There was something important to do today. Now, what was it?? Go grocery shopping? Wash the dog? Clean the lint from the dryer?? I know it is on the tip of my tongue.
            OH YEAH!!
            Stargate SG1's summer finale is tonight!!!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
              <snipped>
              We have always been a big shipper family and I'm worried that when we hurt each other, we are destroying that. We have always been about boosting people up, NOT tearing them down. We are all antsy of late because of Affinity (just like we were antsy over Chimera) but the key difference here is that we are so worried about Pete that we seem to have forgotten why we're here. In that spirit, I'm going to repost my reasons for being here...

1. I LOVE SAM AND JACK. I like them in a box, with a fox, etc. You get the idea.
              2. I have ALWAYS felt welcome and APPRECIATED here. And ONLY here! I have been part of various other forums and this is the ONLY place where shippers can go and have a SAFE place where they won't be attacked by antis or even each other (in the case of the S and J list). I've invited friends from other forums to come here BECAUSE of that WARMTH and AFFECTION!
              3. Right now you guys are the ONLY reason I'm even WATCHING. I have loved SG-1 for eight years but after Affinity I was ready to throw in the towel--you guys kept me going.

<snipped>
              Okay, rant done I think! Whew!
              Marimba THANK YOU For that reminder of why we were here and HOW much our being supportive of each other during this DRAUGHT of Ship is such a KEY factor in getting us through. AND that REMINDER of why GW is so DIFFERENT from so many other threads.

(((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Col Aga

//Me too.*sigh*I'm currently looking for some computer to download this stuff.I can't do this in the 'Net cafe where I usually go(owner forbids) and my home computer is out of question.Why is life so not fair and difficult? //

you can use aim express...no DLing at all...its on the aol site

//I'm not adjusting cos my college life doesn't exist yet. I'm starting on 28 September.Right now I'm taking care of various things like moving, shopping, paperwork(!)...*sigh*I'll be really happy when this is over.//

good luck! college is great, much better than high school!

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

To Dear Tame .....JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE .....from the Frenchie .

Video 70 "You'll be in my heart" Phil Collins.

Video 71 "I will carry you " Clay Aiken.

Have a smashing day AND enjoy some Sam and Jack shippy gifts.

Caty

PS: Now ..make sure you watch the videos up to the very end.
                  Caty TWO VIDEOS!!!!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you !!!!!!!!

Now all I have to do is make it through the day and get home to watch them !!!!

Two of my favorites and TWO VIDEOS Oh Thank You!!!!!!
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

NOW, I remember..........

Tame!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                      Stargate SG1's summer finale is tonight!!!!
                      oh, lord. <nervous swallow>. i shant get to see it till saturday morning (well, saturday morning here, which is middle of the night for most of you)..and then i'm at work, so i have to wait till lunchtime. i don't know why i'm so nervous about it, i seem to have been really anticipating this one, maybe cos i think there'll be ship?
                      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

THANK YOU for such wonderful Birthday wishes

Sally - a msg back to you I am SO EXCITED!!!!!

SamisJacksgal-And who am I to Keep Jack waiting where is that man

Kliggins - OH the Backwards Hat - How did you know I'm sure I NEVER said anything hehehe I know I will let him find me though

Athenktt - Thank you!!

Galaxy - Thank you - from ALL my nationalities!!!

Col Aga - Thank you

Mei Mei - I DEFINITELY expect you!!!!!! Party over HERE!!!

Tauripeg - Thank you and YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!!!

Now if we can just get TPTB to give us ALL the SAM & JACK KISS I asked for this will be a night to remember

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                          If the Family would allow me... may I present my humble gift for Tame....

A Wee Bitty B-day Ditty
                          dedicated

to
                          Tame *

Without Tame, GW just wouldn’t be the same –
                          Who else could be the Queen of Jack’s domain?
                          Oh yes… such a righteous hussy –
                          Keeping Jack all warm and fuzzy…

Tame… the Beta Extraordinaire
                          Always sweet, always fair…
                          On each-n-every one of us she’s made her positive mark
                          She only gives into the temptation of an *occasional* snark…

She posted, she played, she saw, she came
                          For most exciting things Tame’s always game…
                          Especially those certain skills she continues to hone
                          While dutifully engaged in Therapy with the JackClone.

Forever we’ll still think she rhymes with fame
                          For keeping it going - I’ll shoulder the blame!
                          Multitalented she is – as ShipperTown Activities Director,
                          GW Friend & Ship Cheerleader, she always leaves us wanting more…

So… yes, this ode may be a bit lame…
                          But just the same
                          FCOL
                          Just remember her name!
                          Our
                          Very
                          Own
                          Tame!

Happy Birthday Tame!

*as in rhymes with fame, for this ode…

Shimmeringstar... Thank you

I just want you to know this is the first time I have ever have an *Ode*
                          and you made me cry

Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            Caty TWO VIDEOS!!!!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you !!!!!!!!

Now all I have to do is make it through the day and get home to watch them !!!!

Two of my favorites and TWO VIDEOS Oh Thank You!!!!!!
                            ((((((((((((((Tame )))))))))))))))))..you made yourself wait a little but you are on board now ..so let's sail with the ship ....and no day off on that special day It's a shame but still..

Enjoy all your prezzies and you have some great ones so far

Caty
                            Last edited by Catysg1; 17 September 2004, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                              HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAME

I hope that your birthday is as special as you are. You are such a great part of this forum. Always with a kind word of support for anyone who needs it. You make us all feel welcome even from the first post. As a lurker I came to really appreciate your kindness and I wasn't disappointed when I de-lurked.

I have come to think of you as a friend (just like many others in this thread) even though we have never met. For some reason I know that I can come to you if I need a shoulder to cry on and that reason is your kindness. So please don't smack me up side the head and ruin the angelic pedestal I have put you on.

Now, just so that I stay on topic....I wish that I could give you a Sam and Jack kissy for your birthday because I know that is what you wish for the most. But you'll have to be satisfied with the knowledge that you'll get your wish next year sometime. Yes, I am sure. Have a great day Tame. You deserve it. Happy Birthday.

edited for spelling
                              Thank you Critter, thank you for you very kind words as well.

((((((((((((Critter)))))))))))))))

Ok new Birthday rule...No fair making me Cry

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                                I don't know if anyone's interested, but there's a thread in the briefing room, in the fandom section, asking shippers and non-shippers to explain their reasoning and points of view..here's the link

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=4329

i don't know if anyone's interested in explaining how and why they ship, of even if they can, seeing how it can be such an emotional, visceral reaction, but it might be interesting to see what people come up with

I don't think I will I don't want to be bashed ...I'll stay in that litlle cosy spot cuz it's TAME'S BIRTHDAY TODAY but I'll be off to make a video in a sec ..an unusual song ...which may be a bashing Sam video ..well I'll try to make it ...but only cuz I love the song...Should be interesting when it's finished .

PS: Marimba may be pleased with that one.

Caty
                                Last edited by Catysg1; 17 September 2004, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X