This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by auralan
    Then that wouldn't be off topic, would it?

Personally, I expect very good things to have happened for the ship by my next birthday. Of course, that's not until May.

As long as we include our favorite couple with our birthday gifts ..then it's all on topic .
    well you may then have a excellent Sam and Jack birthday gift if I happen to know the exact date

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      yeah but you see Auralan ...The birthday gifts could be Sam and Jack related . You'll see tomorrow

Anything else not link to Sam and Jack I agree ...but if it's linked to the shippy couple ..it should stay here .

Caty
      I like the sound of THAT!!

Ummm... I feel guilty now posting these random comments...
      If they're too OT someone please tell me and I'll got to the other place...

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        EXCELLENT idea Auralan!!!!!

I think that was a great idea and I have already posted in it

Although I will freely admit I am going to spend my Birthday HERE

ok Now onto Sam & Jack

I have taken a look at the little there is for the second half of season 8 and I am still unsure just which way TPTB are going.......BUT that is how they want it I am sure...They want us guessing all the way up to the end.

I don't really want to go out and read too much because I really don't want to get TOO sppoiled and I do want to *enjoy* the show itself as well as the Sam & Jack moments. I know that if I hear something bad I will be thinking about IT instead of just watching and enjoying a really good Teal'c or Daniel moment and if I keep myself basically spoiler free (aside from GW) then I can usually sit back and enjoy everyone AND *kindof* know what is going to happen.

So I am hoping that I will stick to that while the summer hiatus is going on.

One good thing is that since the UK will be getting the episodes first hand now we can discuss them all over again from a *Fresh View Point* so WAY TO GO UKers

Just make sure you say that you want Sam and Jack to be together at the end and why .... for your birthday to stay on topic ...and you should be alright ..remember SAM AND JACK... nobody else ..ok..repeat after me ... and breathe slowly cuz tomorrow is coming fast

Caty

Comment

I am gonna DEMAND my Birthday here you do know that

I love Sam & Jack to pieces and I love this Shipper Family
          and I have posted oh I don't know a BUNCH of heart felt -well thought out -in-depth discussion posts about Sam & Jack and I have posted a number of fluffs too in my time here. I abide pretty rigidly to forum rules too

BUT I am DEMANDING MY BIRTHDAY in THIS THREAD

SAM & JACK Are invited to EVERY POSTS

Don't worry tame ..Your birthday will be here ..like any other birthday Sam and Jack related ..Hopefully ..we'll have plenty of that tomorrow...with all the artists on board. we'll just have to stay on topic at all cost.

Caty

Comment

EXCELLENT idea Auralan!!!!!

I think that was a great idea and I have already posted in it

Although I will freely admit I am going to spend my Birthday HERE

ok Now onto Sam & Jack

I have taken a look at the little there is for the second half of season 8 and I am still unsure just which way TPTB are going.......BUT that is how they want it I am sure...They want us guessing all the way up to the end.

I don't really want to go out and read too much because I really don't want to get TOO sppoiled and I do want to *enjoy* the show itself as well as the Sam & Jack moments. I know that if I hear something bad I will be thinking about IT instead of just watching and enjoying a really good Teal'c or Daniel moment and if I keep myself basically spoiler free (aside from GW) then I can usually sit back and enjoy everyone AND *kindof* know what is going to happen.

So I am hoping that I will stick to that while the summer hiatus is going on.

One good thing is that since the UK will be getting the episodes first hand now we can discuss them all over again from a *Fresh View Point* so WAY TO GO UKers

yeah I'm gonna see the Stargate episodes on a bigger screen ..it will be great ...and for My christmas present I'm getting a recordable DVD player ..then I'll be able to tape the brand new episodes in excellent quality....isn't that great for Sam and Jack to be absolutley clear on DVDs..*sigh* can't wait for shippy Christmas now .

Caty

Comment

Mel,
              I can understand your frustration.

I know I have spent many evenings typing out a very well thought out post that has my heart and soul in it in order to hopefully get a discussion going and maybe feel like we are having some intelligent banter here. So when that gets lost in the shuffle I do understand I have had it happen more times than I care to even count.

There has been so much *Speculation* about HOW the show will end that I think we have all made ourselves a bit NUTS and people are trying to let off steam in some instances. And in others you are totally correct BUT we just have different ways of getting our points across

So don't give up your discussion we normally come around to the discussion because we REALLY DO WANT to talk about Sam & Jack because we DO REALLY WANT THEM TOGETHER and just right now we are feeling a bit bleak about it.......so we work on our spirits. I am really happy that your spirits are already so up and you are doing so good

Some of us aren't so lucky and we need a bit more to feel better about Sam & Jack. Hopefully soon NONE OF US will be resigned in our SHIPPING and ALL WILL BE HAPPY and SHIPPY ONCE AGAIN.

I hope that once the UKers see the episodes first hand they will bring *NEW JOY* to all of us and we will have a new view point to look at all of Season 8. and a whole new round of discussions.

So all I can ask is go easy on people they aren't all in the same place you are unfortunately but hopefully soon we all will be back on the *GOOD SHIPP SAM & JACK* !!!!
              Hear Hear!

This is my thoughts and my outline for what I think is to come in Season eight part two
              Spoiler:

I think Endgame will be ship-free. There is no indication of anything ship-wise whatsoever.
              I have high hopes for SHip in Gemini, especially in the rumoured Dream Sequences.
              I think there's be some UST in It's good to be king.
              I belive that Threads will be the penultimate ship resolution episode, but I don't think the spud will go in that episode. Citizen Joe - Auralan shared some side extracts, and it looks hopeful - Here's hoping that Sam like omlette!!!
              As for Moebius - I think that may be the episode that we've all been praying for!!!

I think the writers will get Sam and Jack together, but unfortunately, I think TPTB will make the relationship go quite slow to begin with. I don't think that that's a particulary bad idea as Sam and Jack will need to adjust from going from Colleagues and friends for eight years to a fully fledged adult relationship. I am hoping that Jack will leave the Air Force, as not only will it solves the regs problem, but it'll be more character development for Jack as he adjusts to being a civilian again. I read an interview with RDA in the Cult Times Stargate Atlantis Special, and it looks like he may come back if season nine is confirmed. He said that during the hiatus, he realised just how much he missed the warm friendly atmosphere on set.
              I DO want season 9 and I WANT TPTB TO GET SAM AND JACK TOGETHER ALREADY!!!!

Just my thoughts.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Mel,
                I can understand your frustration.

I know I have spent many evenings typing out a very well thought out post that has my heart and soul in it in order to hopefully get a discussion going and maybe feel like we are having some intelligent banter here. So when that gets lost in the shuffle I do understand I have had it happen more times than I care to even count.

There has been so much *Speculation* about HOW the show will end that I think we have all made ourselves a bit NUTS and people are trying to let off steam in some instances. And in others you are totally correct BUT we just have different ways of getting our points across

So don't give up your discussion we normally come around to the discussion because we REALLY DO WANT to talk about Sam & Jack because we DO REALLY WANT THEM TOGETHER and just right now we are feeling a bit bleak about it.......so we work on our spirits. I am really happy that your spirits are already so up and you are doing so good

Some of us aren't so lucky and we need a bit more to feel better about Sam & Jack. Hopefully soon NONE OF US will be resigned in our SHIPPING and ALL WILL BE HAPPY and SHIPPY ONCE AGAIN.

I hope that once the UKers see the episodes first hand they will bring *NEW JOY* to all of us and we will have a new view point to look at all of Season 8. and a whole new round of discussions.

So all I can ask is go easy on people they aren't all in the same place you are unfortunately but hopefully soon we all will be back on the *GOOD SHIPP SAM & JACK* !!!!
                This is going to be my last post on the topic.

I've never said that I'm in good spirits about the end of the show and that everyone who's uncertain about how Jack and Sam are going to end up should sit down and be quiet, which is what I'm getting from you. I understand that lots of people are uncertain — as for myself, I'm cautiously optimistic.

What I'm talking about is the propagation of completely off-topic posts that has been so rampant lately. The other night I was gone for about six hours, and when I came back there were ten new pages — that's two hundred new posts. A good chunk of them had very little to do with Stargate. And that's just ridiculous.

I don't think that this is unreasonable. After all, this section of the fora is for discussion of the show, not anything and everything. There's another venue here at GateWorld for that, and all I'm asking, along with several others, is that we keep the discussion in here related to the show and take the chit-chat elsewhere, like Auralan's shipper chat thread.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, but this is something that's been bothering me for a while. And I wasn't the only one who was annoyed by it.

Mel
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  Hear Hear!

Spoiler:

Just my thoughts.
                  Hear hear from me too!

Comment

I am gonna DEMAND my Birthday here you do know that

I love Sam & Jack to pieces and I love this Shipper Family
                    and I have posted oh I don't know a BUNCH of heart felt -well thought out -in-depth discussion posts about Sam & Jack and I have posted a number of fluffs too in my time here. I abide pretty rigidly to forum rules too

BUT I am DEMANDING MY BIRTHDAY in THIS THREAD

SAM & JACK Are invited to EVERY POSTS
                    Man, are you pushy!

Well, I, for one will be stopping by HERE and in the Thunkers Thread with gifts in hand.... (you hear that TAME! GIFTSSSSS!)

Listen, I generally try not to make off topic posts here...or anywhere...mainly because I'm not a chatterer...

But I do post pix that can slow things down for others...and if that is a problem, I'll stop. There are days that I just come and do my thing and post pix...and sometimes I actually post words and am ignored (but I really don't care)...

As someone who visits sporadically and as an observer, there have been many times that I've just come to read and have had to skim through a ton of off-topic posts!

I'm just wondering why today's spurt of off-topic chatter has been perceived as a problem and not other days...

Edit: Just to be clear - I'm not against chatter. I can live with ignoring it. Reading another thread to see what folks are up to in their 'real' lives would be too much for me. That's all I have to say about this, too.
                    Last edited by Mala50; 16 September 2004, 02:45 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't think we need spoilers for Crystal Skull since it is season three.

I loved the fireman's carry by Jack getting Sam out of there. Didn't think twice, just grabbed her and ran...

Although my fav scene in that one was between Jack and Teal'c where Jack tried to get out of bed against Janet's orders and fell in the floor. Teal'c yanked him back up on the bed by the back of his pants. I still crack up everytime I see that ep!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                        But I do post pix that can slow things down for others...and if that is a problem, I'll stop. There are days that I just come and do my thing and post pix...and sometimes I actually post words and am ignored (but I really don't care)...
                        Personally, I love the pictures. I probably don't say thanks for them often enough. They're really not a problem as long as people remember not to quote the images.
                        *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          Hear Hear!

This is my thoughts and my outline for what I think is to come in Season eight part two
                          Spoiler:

I think Endgame will be ship-free. There is no indication of anything ship-wise whatsoever.
                          I have high hopes for SHip in Gemini, especially in the rumoured Dream Sequences.
                          I think there's be some UST in It's good to be king.
                          I belive that Threads will be the penultimate ship resolution episode, but I don't think the spud will go in that episode. Citizen Joe - Auralan shared some side extracts, and it looks hopeful - Here's hoping that Sam like omlette!!!
                          As for Moebius - I think that may be the episode that we've all been praying for!!!

I think the writers will get Sam and Jack together, but unfortunately, I think TPTB will make the relationship go quite slow to begin with. I don't think that that's a particulary bad idea as Sam and Jack will need to adjust from going from Colleagues and friends for eight years to a fully fledged adult relationship. I am hoping that Jack will leave the Air Force, as not only will it solves the regs problem, but it'll be more character development for Jack as he adjusts to being a civilian again. I read an interview with RDA in the Cult Times Stargate Atlantis Special, and it looks like he may come back if season nine is confirmed. He said that during the hiatus, he realised just how much he missed the warm friendly atmosphere on set.

Just my thoughts.

Good thougths ...
                          Spoiler:
                          I hope Endgame will have a bit of ship though ..I mean we didn't know there was gonna be a scene between sam and Jack in sacrifice ..so why not!!??

After threads ..where Sam didn't manage to speak to Jack ..I expect they will in Mobius ..cuz I think Kawalsky will come back as a hologramm to ask for their help...If he is a hologram ..he can't do much ..can he ...

.....but I think he may well ask them to follow him through time and go back to 1996 tp prevent a set date for disaster for 2005..for example a new system lord ..ect...Jack, Sam ,Daniel Teal'c will get the necessary infos , go back to 2005 just before the awful event ocurrs and everything is alright with the world ...

Jack retires ...big party to celebrate Jack's retirement, the defeat of the higher system Lord!!! ....and while at the party Sam and Jack kiss for the first time ...dancing the night away ..
                          They then decide to go on the roof to admire the stars..and they hug ..kiss ...and sweet talk ...until Kawalsky interrups ...but not to worry ..he only want to say good bye and disappear forever .... then back to the party with Teal'c and Daniel ..they are happy and talk about what they gonna do next .....then back to sam and Jack ....

.....then a shot through the telescope ..and very very far away ..we see......something nasty I suppose ...but only us will know for movie 2...As far as sam and Jack are concerned ..they succeeded....and they live happily ever after...but we need a cliffhanger for the movie ....so got to be something big and nasty.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                            <snip>
                            There are days that I just come and do my thing and post pix...and sometimes I actually post words and am ignored (but I really don't care)...
                            Mala......You talk?????
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                              yep, well done honey, that was very vague, next thing you know you'll on the writers panel "make things happen..only not actually happen..and they can talk about it, just not finish a sentance. and don't annoy the shippers. or the anti-shippers. or the ones in between. don't forget our audience demographic ranges from 8 year old boys to eighty year old women. try to please all of them in one episode. and you know that thing that happened when the whatsit happened? it didn't really happen. well it might have, but it didn't. or it did. write it like it did. but it didn't.'. see, you'd be perfect.

(sorry, just teasing..i did get what you were getting at..i think)
                              lol, I know...its all part of my secret plot (only shipper read this!...no real spoilers)
                              Spoiler:
                              to take over TPTB Bwah-hahahahahaha!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                              ~Imzadi
                              describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                              Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                                Personally, I love the pictures. I probably don't say thanks for them often enough. They're really not a problem as long as people remember not to quote the images.

Please Mala your pics are on topic and beautiful....and don't even think bout not posting them here ......it's like me and Marimba if we stop posting the shippy videos here ..this thread may become a little tidious and real sad...The pics , videos and other creations give life to this thread. well this is my take

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X