This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    I wonder what we'll get at the end ..probably the fishing invite...and a pat on the back.

Caty
    Currently, I'm beginning to doubt even that. What's even more stupid is that
    Spoiler:
    scenes like this are going to make Threads even more unpalatable to the antis... they're getting what they want and we're not at the moment and Thread will change all that... unless Threads isn't as good as we're all hoping...

Comment

I see where you're coming from, as in the shippyness has stopped them so much as touching (except in extreme cases) for ages, so any sort of touch like this not only doesn't seem shippy, it seems anti-ship.

But I think, as I've said before that has made them feel more comfortable, like a barrier that stops them crossing the line.

The line's marked on the ground and then is the wall in between, stopping them cross it. If that makes any sense.

And if they can't cross that line because there's a physical barrier there, then they can do what the heck they like. It's when that barrier comes down again.

Wahey!
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
        Currently, I'm beginning to doubt even that. What's even more stupid is that
        Spoiler:
        scenes like this are going to make Threads even more unpalatable to the antis... they're getting what they want and we're not at the moment and Thread will change all that... unless Threads isn't as good as we're all hoping...

Spoiler:
        yeah they really are getting what they want ..and us ....not much at all.....just the subtle (and interpret it as you like ) scene they were all asking for .
        When threads comes up ..I wonder who will be happy.!!!!!..us completley or are they gonna try to please both anti and ship Sam and Jack ? They'll have to choose ....so far the anti-shippers are taking preference ..I just hope the Sam and Jack shippers will get the 2nd half of the season 8 just for them

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
          well, as he chucks hathor over, he pauses for a second, then, if you turn the sound up really really high, and this works best on a dvd, he says 'my love..carter'

ok?

i love hidden ship. RDA sneaks little things in all the time.
          oh, yeah I remeber now
          Thanks

I know i shouldn't question this but i'm feeling brave, isn't he just saying 'my love' to copy Hathor cause that what she called him all the time, and then he pauses and says Carter cause he wants to check she's ok?? So effectively hes not calling Carter his love...even though we all know she is and that when he said my love it obviously reminded him of Carter....

OK, Now i'm confusing myself, i'm way too tired to even type as fast as I usually do, but I have to stay awake cause Sacrifices hasn't finished downloading yet..

If i'm still online in a few hours but have posted nothing then you'll know that i've fell asleep on my computer desk

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            Yeah I like close ups ..and may be the scene in Sacrifices was lacking of that for me to really like it ..I don't really know !!!!

...and about New order ..I also thought about wedding vows...so see...I also included that scene in a video just where it says "I LOVE YOU"

Caty
            YAY! Not just me then
            and you just reminded me I need to download your new vids and Marimba's I think there are at least 5 I haven't seen
            Damn school!!!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
              New Order & A$$inity
              Spoiler:
              Well, seeing as she had a dream sequence about Pete in New Order (brought on by Fifth of course) I really hope that the next dream sequence in Gemini will be about Jack and that will be one of the many things that makes her re-think the whole Pete situation

and I noticed you quoted my post but it was actually Tracy who came up with the idea....

I agree ..This is what I thought you meant I hope so too ...although it would a little early in the series if Gemini is episode 11 or 12!!!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                YAY! Not just me then
                and you just reminded me I need to download your new vids and Marimba's I think there are at least 5 I haven't seen
                Damn school!!!

My last 5 videos are:

"Without you " Michael Bolton
                "You are my kind " Santana-Seal
                "Don't make me wait" Seal
                "Why don't you and I " Santana-Kroeger
                "Hold on " Jet.

Marimba also posted 2 yesterday and 2 the day before that.

Enjoy them all

Caty

Comment

Originally Posted by Tracy Jane

By the way, top Sam/Jack moment everyone?

In Metamorphosis When Jack offer himself for Nirrti to do anything to him but save Sam, then Sam in his arms as he carries her from the cell.
                  Also in the same vain in D&C when Sam calls him and Jack turns around to look at her as he goes off to get his brain zapped for her.
                  The hug from Heroes makes my knees weak.
                  Last edited by Zoser; 11 September 2004, 04:02 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                  My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                    Originally Posted by Tracy Jane

By the way, top Sam/Jack moment everyone?

In Metamorphosis When Jack offer himself for Nirrti to do anything to him but save Sam, then Sam in his arms as he carries her from the cell.
                    Also in the same vain in D&C when Sam calls him and Jack turns around to look at her as he goes off to get his brain zapped for her.
                    The hug from Heroes makes my knees weak.

I like that moment too ..quite nice for season 6 ....descent is not but either ...when they thought they were drowning for season 5 or 6.

Another favorite of mine is ...the end scene in Grace ...Sam and Jack at the infirmary..She calls him "Jack"..and he talks about cakes ..and I love Jack's smile.

caty

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      (((((((((((Lunar)))))))))))

Well now See I really didn't Sam's expression as annoyed and I saw it on the big screen.
                      Spoiler:
                      They both just looked like.........well like Jack was at the end of a rope and he grabbed onto Sam to tell him it would be alright........ A manic moment if you will and Jack wasn't afraid to grab her and Sam wasn't upset........it was the fact that they were just standing there that made it cute........Like ok you can let go it will be ok and then the added Sam turning Jack around from staring at half dressed Jaffa women was again very natural and they just kept talking. So While it was more Friendshippy it was sweet and it showed them being comfortable with each other.
                      AND she IS still with Potao Boy so.........we really aren't expecting much........
                      <snip>
                      General S8 Ship Observation & response to S8 Sacrifices scene comment:
                      Tame… I agree… I watched on the *big* TV & they certainly didn’t appear annoyed with each other to me either. I also liked that S&J are so comfortable with each other (FINALLY!) that they can be inside each other’s personal space & touch in front of others.… without all of the obvious fiddling, twitching & averted eyes that usually would be written in. That touch could be interpreted that Sam feels it “safe” because she’s otherwise involved… I’ll put my shippy little spin on it that it’s 8 years of ‘at-work companionship’ finally paying off .

At least… and ohhhh how I *HATE* to say this, especially in a Shipper Thread… but at least TPTB aren’t giving S/J ship while having Sam w/Pete. As Sam is probably my favorite character (Jack very close second runner up), I hated the thought of how her character was going to come off to viewers if TPTB wrote Sam & Jack shipping big time (or even little time) & at the same time she was supposed to be involved in making her Pete relationship work out. So……. ***grrrrrrrit’s killing me to say this*** I guess I am a smidgelet grateful to TPTB for not putting a lot of Ship there. Even though I *REALLY* want to see ship!

And you know what… I could almost *almost* survive with the current level of ship if there were eps of the caliber of the not-to-distant past, BUT... so far they’ve seemed (& remember this is my OWN HUMBLE opinion) lackluster… some bordering on ho-hum… I wouldn’t be anticipating ship if the writing & plot kept me focused on something else for the 40-some odd minutes….

I need a ShipNana cookie now….

*** goes off in search of ShipNana for some moral support & a fresh plate of cookies**
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        <snip>
                        Now I KNOW the only reason you were sitting in that chair drinking FLAVORED WATER was because you had already danced everyone under the table and you needed a breather

Tame says as she hides the therapy appt book from Di
                        *****locates therapy appointment book in the back of a closet in Tame's room which has a sheet of paper taped to the door stating "Jack's Closet" in crayon*****

****checks if coast is clear****

***whistles nonchalantly as she walks down the hallway to Di's room***

**hands book to Di w/a "grinch" smile curling up at the edges of her mouth...**

*sits down to enjoy the spectacle... errrrr.. show...*

What Tame??! Now you know the shipper thread needs a little excitement just about now.... if TPTB aren't going to give it to us... we must create our own.
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                          What is the second line in your sig from? I recognize the first as Shakespeare (Hamlet, I believe). And I have heard the second, but can't place it!
                          The first line was originally spoken by Shakespeare's Miranda, while the second is attributed to Voltaire's writing.

Sorry for the annoyance. Hope you can now write in peace.
                          In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Ok here is the updated list of those who deserve the Shipper Medal of Courage!

Anyone else?

This is for all the Shipper Family members who have SUFFERED through the entire, essentially Shippless, first half of the 8th Season and have the COURAGE to stick it out! (This of course includes anyone who has watched the entire first half via any method!!) You must however, have watched every episode to date!

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Caty
                            Ship Nana
                            Michelleb
                            Samisjacksgal
                            Critter
                            Tame
                            Emilee
                            Rogue
                            Zoser

Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              Ok here is the updated list of those who deserve the Shipper Medal of Courage!

Anyone else?

This is for all the Shipper Family members who have SUFFERED through the entire, essentially Shippless, first half of the 8th Season and have the COURAGE to stick it out! (This of course includes anyone who has watched the entire first half via any method!!) You must however, have watched every episode to date!

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Caty
                              Ship Nana
                              Michelleb
                              Samisjacksgal
                              Critter
                              Tame
                              Emilee
                              Rogue
                              Zoser

Could you add me, too, please? I've watched every episode and I check in here every day, but y'all just post too fast for me to participate in the conversation. By the time I think of a response y'all have moved on to three other topics.

Please? We also suffer who only lurk and wait.

Bucky

Comment

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been here in a week or so. Life sorta blew up for me -- school started (I'm not only teaching, but I'm going to school for my master's degree) and, of course, I'm still taking care of my gorgeous 9-month-old-twins.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say that the next installment of my fanfic is up. I'm very proud of it. It's a MASSIVE chapter, but ties up some big loose ends. And, of course, it has a few great sappy moments between the dashing General and the lovely Colonel.

I'm going to hold off on reading more of the back-posts here yet, because I still haven't watched all of Friday's ep. However, since my chapter is finally up, that's next on my list.

Hope you're all well!!
                                -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Working...
                                X