X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers for Sacrifices....
    Spoiler:
    I was a little disappointed there was so little camera coverage of the rest of the team during the wedding ceremony. I would have thought this the perfect op to do SOME sort of thing - after all, Sam is engaged to....... to....... to...... I just can't say it!. They could have put a lovely look between Jack and Sam in here without it necessarily meaning ANYTHING to anyone except us, of course. I think they're consciously not putting them together in scenes so as not to encourage us, but all that does is drive me to see ship in the little bits they give us!
    *rails at TPTB*
    That said (focusing on the positive here ), I really enjoyed the ONE scene they did have between Sam and Jack. They did feel very comfortable with each other, and I liked it when Jack was holding her arms for much longer than necessary and when she dragged him away from ogling the pretty Jaffa Love the bit with the horse *tee hee*

Overall I enjoyed the ep a lot, not much ship, but wasn't expecting any. At least there was a Stargate in this one!

and that's all I have to say about that!

Comment

Hey Everyone!

I liked this episode!!
      Spoilers "Sacrifices"
      Spoiler:

Why did I like this episode? Because it had some freakin ACTION!!! Okay, I'd rather have all the action between Sam and Jack in Jack's cabin....cuddling....kissing....... okay, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, Stagate has been missing action this whole season...and we finally got some tonight!
      And I saw some ship! Okay, very little, but it was something that at least Christopher Judge had the mind to write it in. Jack was so stressed out that he first grabbed Sam's arm... and then later when walking down the hall, he grabbed both of her shoulders with his arms for just a little too long..(never too long for us shippers though.) And they both looked at eachother like, "ooopps, can't touch" and he dropped his hands. Very little, but at least it was something in the episode that I picked out and that I liked. The only thing I was kind of disappointed in was there could have been a Sam and Jack moment during the wedding scene.. where they both could have looked at eachother or something like that, but it didn't happen. Oh well. Still a good episode I thought.

Overall, I give it a 6 out of 10. A lot better than some of the episodes we've seen this season.

~*~Emilee~*~

Comment

Sacrifices, I agree that overall it was a good episode. Much improvement over what we've recently seen. IMHO.
        Spoiler:
        I think they're really playing up the Jack being out of sorts as the General. He seemed so lost walking the halls of the SGC. I didn't feel like he got back to his old self till he was talking to Teal'c by radio after the tent on the other planet got bombarded.
        "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
        "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
        Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
        Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
        "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
        Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
        Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
        (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

I posted a new fic to my website tonight!
          The third in the Life's Journey Series, Journeys. Sam's path has taken an interesting twist!
          This story is rated NC17. If you are not 18 years or older, please do not read it!

Comment

I was fine with the ep. I don't expect ship in every episode; it isn't the focus of the show. this was mainly a Teal'c episode. There were nice character bits between Jack and everyone on his team: the opening scene with Daniel, the ping-pong game (where poor Jack was the target, not the table!) and the scene in the corridor between Sam and Jack. Could be friendship, could be a hint of ship, but it was a nice bit and enough in an ep that was totally about something else.

J.
            "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Spoilers for S8's Sacrifices

Forgoing the usual ep review to merely say this...

Touching! Jack touched Sam twice! And the look on both their faces when they realized his hands were STILL on her arms... AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! Then as they continued down the hallway, Sam TOUCHED Jack to turn him around when he was eyeing some Jaffa chicks a little bit too much *JEALOUSY!*. Who cares about the rest of this ep, JACK AND SAM TOUCHED ONE ANOTHER!!!

*takes deep breaths*

Ship!

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Sally, gotta love you girl! You make every little ship detail sound totally awesome!!!!!! I love how your so enthusiastic! Makes me feel better about everything surrounding Sam and Jack!

~*~Emilee~*~

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  HAPPY BIRTHDAY SES110

I can't generate the same groovy smilies, but

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SES!

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    Spoilers for S8's Sacrifices

Forgoing the usual ep review to merely say this...

Touching! Jack touched Sam twice! And the look on both their faces when they realized his hands were STILL on her arms... AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! Then as they continued down the hallway, Sam TOUCHED Jack to turn him around when he was eyeing some Jaffa chicks a little bit too much *JEALOUSY!*. Who cares about the rest of this ep, JACK AND SAM TOUCHED ONE ANOTHER!!!

*takes deep breaths*

Ship!

Sally

I know!!!!!
                    Spoiler:
                    When Sam turned him around she was touching his stomach/chest area!!!! Oh and did you notice when they were walking down the hallway that little girl ran right in between them, Sam sort of had a funny look on her face, and they took a few more steps and there were kids playing on the floor......HELLO!!! IT'S A SIGN PEOPLE!!! LOL. Of course I loved the hand on the shoulder thing and the fact that Sam just kept talking, didn't care that Jack was in her space, and then when he noticed what he was doing and he took them down, Sam sorta took a breath like ahhh that was nice !!!!! Yes I'm reading between the lines, what else can I do!!! Amanda looked like she was biting the inside of her cheek a couple of times to keep from cracking up. Everytime Corrine (or however you spell it ) would say a line like "I can't marry a man that doesn't respect me" or "I'm not just an object for some man to worship" I kept wishing Sam was around to hear it. The only man who should be worshipping Sam is.......well Jack of course, although not as an object, which is what the thing sees her as!!! I don't know how much more twisting of the knife in my back I can take!!!! Must we continually scrounge around for crumbs!!! ::::breathe:::: breathe:::: alright, I'll be grateful for what I got......FOR NOW!!!!
                    Heidi
                    Jack and Sam=Grace

JOHN AND AERYN 4 EVER

HENRY AND HELEN=MORE THAN ABNORMAL

Comment

Ok My humble opinion

Contains spoilers for Instanity and Sacrifices

Spoiler:
                      I got a good look at her left hand when she put it on jack's chest (THUD)
                      She isn't wearing 's ring....

Ok. I'll stop grinning now. I think this has given me enough to go and finish my fic.

tpe78
                      Last edited by tpe78; 11 September 2004, 06:08 AM. Reason: Right what am I thinking it's left.....teach me for posting sooooo late.

Comment

Ok FIRST!!! I want to say THANK YOU to everyone in the Aleternate Shipper Therapy room for NOT spoiling me just prior to the episode you all are GEMS!!!!!

Now onto Sacrifices
                        Christopher Judge has just had a great season so far IMHO!!! Just another great performance turned in by CJ

now onto OUR FAVES!!!!
                        Sam & Jack
                        Spoiler:

I loved the moment in the hall Jack grabs her arm with no thought about it whatsoever....then AGAIN he grabs her shoulders and the look they both get when they realize they are just standing there like that...YES SALLY THEY ARE TOUCHING!!!!!! and then when Jack is eyeballing those scanyily clad Jaffa women and Sam turns him around..........so CUTE and so jealous moment AND so NATURAL like she just did it not even thinking about it.....no akwardness about it I loved it!!! It was so cool And yes it says alot about how easy they are showing the two of them in each others company again FINALLY....about time I say!!!! and YES SALLY THEY WERE TOUCHING!!!!!!!

Oh and I loved the beginning...
                        Spoiler:

Teal'c slamming that ping pong ball at poor Jack... he almost hit a high note or two there and Jack getting in that *one* point too funny

so many other fun things I liked but I will put that over in the episode thread
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                          Spoilers for Sacrifices....
                          Spoiler:
                          I was a little disappointed there was so little camera coverage of the rest of the team during the wedding ceremony. I would have thought this the perfect op to do SOME sort of thing - after all, Sam is engaged to....... to....... to...... I just can't say it!. They could have put a lovely look between Jack and Sam in here without it necessarily meaning ANYTHING to anyone except us, of course. I think they're consciously not putting them together in scenes so as not to encourage us, but all that does is drive me to see ship in the little bits they give us!
                          *rails at TPTB*
                          That said (focusing on the positive here ), I really enjoyed the ONE scene they did have between Sam and Jack. They did feel very comfortable with each other, and I liked it when Jack was holding her arms for much longer than necessary and when she dragged him away from ogling the pretty Jaffa Love the bit with the horse *tee hee*

Overall I enjoyed the ep a lot, not much ship, but wasn't expecting any. At least there was a Stargate in this one!

and that's all I have to say about that!
                          Spoiler:
                          At first I was jumping up and down - woo hoo SHIP!! but the moment was too broad for comedic effect. Yes we know, Gen. Jack is a horses a$$. If they had gone for romantic it would have been to sappy. I just don't think the writing for Jack and Sam is done well. It is pathetic and immature. Is that the take home message J&S are pathetic and immature, perhaps.
                          There was no reason for the Jaffa women to be on the base; they could have been on a number of planets - again clumsy effort for broad comedy. The rest of the episode was good. But at the wedding they could have thrown the Shippers a bone.
                          sigpic
                          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                            I posted a new fic to my website tonight!
                            The third in the Life's Journey Series, Journeys. Sam's path has taken an interesting twist!
                            This story is rated NC17. If you are not 18 years or older, please do not read it!
                            Thank you Mei Mei, you will make tomorrow brighter.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                              Spoiler:
                              At first I was jumping up and down - woo hoo SHIP!! but the moment was too broad for comedic effect. Yes we know, Gen. Jack is a horses a$$. If they had gone for romantic it would have been to sappy. I just don't think the writing for Jack and Sam is done well. It is pathetic and immature. Is that the take home message J&S are pathetic and immature, perhaps.
                              There was no reason for the Jaffa women to be on the base; they could have been on a number of planets - again clumsy effort for broad comedy. The rest of the episode was good. But at the wedding they could have thrown the Shippers a bone.
                              I'm sorry for being sooo grumpy, waking up before dawn with a lingering miagraine will do that but I needed to add
                              Spoiler:
                              it was nice to see Sam more at easy with the General. She wasn't the jumpy person we saw at the beginning of the season. He didn't have to say at ease - she certainly was at ease touching him. Maybe he was the one feeling more awkward hold her too long in the middle of the hall?

Still grump - need more sleep!
                              This is pathetic - no one else is here and I'm talking to myself
                              sigpic

Comment

OK, I've never used this term before, but your guys' enthusiasm has brought it out of me...

SQUEE!

Alright... Now that THAT'S out of the way, let's discuss CJ's recent magnum opus:

Spoiler:

First, I'll say that the whole ep was just great. I think CJ has a real talent, and I'm glad they are using it. The beginning with Daniel and Jack wasn't new to this season, because I think they've done the whole "long-take down the hall" technique enough times during the series, but it was enough to throw Daniel/Jack friendship fans a bone, while also appealing to my desire to see them in scenes together.

Then there was Jack/Teal'c. Hilarious scene! Just great. The physical comedy apparently is what they were going for, and RDA totally nailed it. It was another great friendship scene.

The scene with Sam/Daniel and Ry'ac and his fiancee was great, too. I thought it was just funny how the two of them got this look on their faces like, "Oh, crap... Jack's gonna hurt someone." It was a good scene, and showed that very endearing sisterly-brotherly relationship they've always had. I'm glad they did that again, because it's been lacking in past seasons.

Finally, there's the Sam/Jack combo, where the two of them apparently couldn't keep their hands off of each other. Haha! Just kidding. It was a great scene, because it was "physical" enough for us shippers, and also "friendly" enough for those who don't want ship. AND it finally showed how comfortable those two can be together. In the past - in the interest of showing overt ship - they always made it really awkward between the two of them. The fact that these two are friends first is a great way of approaching the ship, IMO, and they played it off very well. The whole hall scene had a humor that rivals the Daniel/Jack humor scenes, which is refreshing, and all of the kids/horses/general chaos made me smile.

I don't want to put the other writers of the show down, because they're great, but I have to say that I'm not surprised that CJ managed to put some great team-scenes in there, while still not having all four of them in the same room together.

Also, TPTB has done a phenomenal job of making it seem that Jack is always there. I almost forgot about RDA's reduced schedule, they did so well.

Definitely a 9.9 out of 10.

PS - Do you guys ever feel like these Smiley Faces are apart of some connect-the-dot art when you add spoiler space?

Comment

Working...
                                X