Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, skimming through the forum... what exactly is the idylic Sam and Jack scene? (That may possibly be in Gemini??) Can anyone fill me in on EXACTLY what we know?
    And has anyone seen the apparent lift from Threads script floating about on the net (it may be here, I just haven't been able to read everything yet and I'm working from most recent back). If it's not a fan-made thing... sheesh. I'm a happy shipper.
    Just wondered how it got on the net though... a bit sceptical that a script could actually get out if it was real (and that someone wouldn't get the pants sued off them for doing it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
      Okay, skimming through the forum... what exactly is the idylic Sam and Jack scene? (That may possibly be in Gemini??) Can anyone fill me in on EXACTLY what we know?
      And has anyone seen the apparent lift from Threads script floating about on the net (it may be here, I just haven't been able to read everything yet and I'm working from most recent back). If it's not a fan-made thing... sheesh. I'm a happy shipper.
      Just wondered how it got on the net though... a bit sceptical that a script could actually get out if it was real (and that someone wouldn't get the pants sued off them for doing it!)
      I still think that this BIG thread is unwieldy... I'm just skimming, too! The THREADS spoilers were from a draft of the script. I think Caty put them up. She can probably tell you where to find the post. I can't find anything here ...

As for the 'idyllic' scene, that was something that AT talked about in a recent Cult Times article:

Spoiler:
      Cult Times Special #30 by Thomasina Gibson
      We Love Amanda in Uniform

<snip>
      Harking back to the relationship between Carter and O’Neill, Tapping muses, “I think that Grace – the episode last season – really dealt with Carter’s demons. Especially the scenes with O’Neill. Those scenes accentuated Carter’s subconscious and she allowed herself to say goodbye to O’Neill and allowed O’Neill to say goodbye to her. I mean, in her subconscious she was saying, ‘Okay, he’s letting me go. I can let him go.’ Even though it wasn’t her letting him go it was her subconscious letting her letting him let her go…” We laugh that we don’t have enough ink to be able to make that last sentence make sense, but Tapping is confident fans will know what she’s trying to say. “Stargate fans are the most intelligent people on the planet. They’ll get it.”

Shifting closer in her seat again, Tapping taps her nose and says, “O’Neill was back for a brief shining moment last week, wherein it was a bit of a dream torture sequence we were filming.” Oo-er. “The dream sequence was actually quite idyllic and it was interesting to see what actually goes on inside Carter’s head. What her ideal future is.” The tease won’t let slip what her ideal future is, but grins that a lot of the fans are going to like it. Hmmm.
      <snip>

Hope this helps.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh! I read this before, a while ago. So long ago in fact I thought it was for New Order...
        Spoiler:
        I thought the future referred to the Montana farm thing with Pete. That was 'idyllic' and yet she still wasn't happy with it... leading the shippers to speculate with O'Neill it would all be a different story...

But in terms of timing these comments actually relate to the filming of Gemini???

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

I'm loving these con reports!

Thanks, Heidi, big time!

Sally
          ME TOO! Thanks to all who've shared here. Seems like AT has seen the light!
          Maybe having been coerced/forced to have her character act 'out of character' was the wake up call she needed. At least it doesn't seem like she's defending the storyline as much as she did just a few months ago... And I, for one, am very glad.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
            Funny, that's almost the same time that I became a Dan/Jan shipper! Great minds I guess. Now THAT would be good. Teal'c has tried to get through to them both but neither one of them is listening apparently, maybe it's time for Daniel to give it a whirl.

did it, wrote it, it's called regrets, in the link in my sig (though i'm not entirely happy with the second chapter)
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
              Oh! I read this before, a while ago. So long ago in fact I thought it was for New Order...
              Spoiler:
              I thought the future referred to the Montana farm thing with Pete. That was 'idyllic' and yet she still wasn't happy with it... leading the shippers to speculate with O'Neill it would all be a different story...

But in terms of timing these comments actually relate to the filming of Gemini???
              The scene didn't show up in New Order, so the speculation, I think is that it MAY be in Gemini? Hey, we shippers ARE creative, you know....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                Threads spoilers
                Spoiler:

I was one of several people who've said the relationship is being kept a secret. Kerry says something in the scene in Jack's backyard to the effect that Jack didn't want anybody on base knowing about their relationship. It doesn't strike me as terribly characteristic, but there it is.

Personally, I agree with whomever said up thread that it's just contrivance to up the drama. They're all acting a little out of character lately for the sake of drama. We wouldn't get the shock value if Sam knew about Kerry, so it's a secret.

Whatever. They want their big drama. Don't try to look much deeper into it than that, it'll only make your head hurt. We just need to hang in there for the happy ending.

Sam admits she's not happy with Pete and feels like she's making a big mistake. Kerry dumps Jack because he's still hung up on Sam and notinvested in them. She even suggests a solution to the regs problem. No way this huge dramatic arc is going to end with Jack dumped by one womand and rejected by another so she can go make her big mistake and live unhappily ever after. No way. This ship's sailing.
                Thanks for explanation.Yes,I'm sure ship's sailing.But:

again, to be on the safe side:
                the fact that Jack doesn't want anyone on base to know about his involvement with Kerry doesn't necesserily mean that it's forbidden.There are many reasons for keeping low profile.It may be simply that he tries to keep his personal life to himself especially if he's not sure what his feelings are and avoid speculations on base.Or something other.Competely legal.He doesn't have to be breaking regulations and it's the only point I wanted to make.
                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                sigpic
                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
                  I've always been mocked by like, the only two people I know who also watch Stargate for being a Dan/Jan shipper, but I've been a fan of those two since Rite of Passage when he tells her that he'll be there for her if there's anything that she needs, and he's holding her hand for just a little *too* long for something not to be going on there. Also, his expression right after that when she leaves the hallway to get back to Cassie. That really settled it for me. I'm just wondering, how many S/J shippers are also Dan/Jan ones?
                  well, that's when i started to suspect that i may have been wrong about my teal'c/janet theory, but i didn't really buy into the whole dan/jan thing until lifeboat. but now i go back, and watch stuff, and wonder how i could ever have missed it. i think if you're a sam/jack shipper, you're pre-disposed to see ship in other places too..it just took a while longer for the dan/jan ship to get through to us. and just as i was getting into it..it ended. i still think thatscene with daniel sitting in the room where he died and thnking about her is incredibly shippy..and the look on daniel's face when bregman asked for the tape is just heartbreaking

Also, of everybody I think that Teal'c is the biggest shipper.
                  oh, definitly. look at the way he saw them in avatar. and the big grin on his face when they're reunited in new order (daniel's grinning quite a bit too). in fact, teal'c has been grinning at sam a lot lately..very worrying.....

Comment

Now if I met RDA.... I could say there would be no words to describe my reaction, because there would literally be NO words... Just imagine a woman standing there in a pool of drool, with a dopey smile on her face. Then of course imagine the stupor ending and said woman jumping said hunk. Then insert woman in jail, hiding in a corner and waiting for Tame to bail her out. *blinks* I'm done.

Sally
                    i don't think i'd get time to do all that, i would just pass out straight away (and then hopefully have MS doing the kiss of life to bring me back....whoops, better keep that to myself). but no, it would 'hi, i'm rick', and me 'ah..ah..i..fan..sex god....' and then i'd be on the floor. along with almost every woman, and some of the men in a ten foot radius

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      well actually that is Aunt Sally as Admin and Myself and GoneShippin as Advisors.....

So you ....*SAY* you are healed....from what exactly
                      Oh well, don't you remember any of it ... ... Once upon a time there was a Colonel who was in love with her CO, General Jack. Of course, General Jack was very wanted by all the other gals as well, who were thunking and drooling over him 24/7. Nonetheless General Jack immediately feel in love with Colonel Sam and although they couldn't express their feelings they had a bond that was much stronger than any physical one could ever be. Then the big bad Prince Piut came and kidnapped Col. Sam. He was very mean and General Jack was desperate. After 8 months of mourning most of the gals were so depressed because of their ever sad General that one of them ... she was a pretty crazy one ... named Estelle threw herself at the General. The gentleman General Jack was he did not immediately decline Estelle, however he summoned her father who regretful promised the General that his little girl was insane with admiration for Jack and wouldn't see sense. It was agreed upon sending her into a spire for an uncertain amount of time until her mental stability could be guaranteed again. And there she is waiting now to be again incorporated into the JM Shipper Commune. ... FIN ...

Estelle xxx
                      Abu: This is a woman?
                      O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
                      O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
                      Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
                      Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
                      Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
                      Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

When Jack kisses her, as soon as his lips touch hers, she'll whimper and return it. As soon as Jack's tongue gently touches hers, she'll moan and suck it in. As soon as he presses her body against his.... she won't remember that she's got a boyfriend, let alone his name.

Sally

ummm..sally? sally? SALLY!!! come back to us!! get out of that self-inflicted NC17 trance you're in! good thing you stopped that post right there...i'm at work, and i don't need asking 'why are you blushing and giggling, michelle?'

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                          *places own body in between Aga and any weapons in vicinity*

Aga, about the only people that'll shoot you or harm you are those vicious antis.

We don't shoot our own kind here.

(((((((((((((((((Aga))))))))))))))))
                          Wow.MG, I didn't know that you like me to the point of being ready to sacrifice your life for me! I'm touched,really.As Sam would say(and actually said):"Very dramatic.Thank you." And what about Kel'dor?He doesn't talk, doesn't write... What have you done to him???!!!!
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                            ummm..sally? sally? SALLY!!! come back to us!! get out of that self-inflicted NC17 trance you're in! good thing you stopped that post right there...i'm at work, and i don't need asking 'why are you blushing and giggling, michelle?'
                            Hey,I'm in the Internet cafe and people ARE staring at me and asking if everything's okay.Don't do that ever again Sally!! Although...you wouldn't be yourself, would you?
                            sigpic
                            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              I am hoping to be Member #4 if my application is accepted....crossing fingers and toes
                              Critter, what do you think is Tame dumb enough?

I'm biased ... Tame helped me with the sig pic, so if it were up to me then of course she could join.

Estelle xxx

Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                                Tame, we are honored to have you among us, although you may be more of an honorary member as well. I'm not quite sure that I would call you "dumb", at least not while you are still not feeling well....
                                Ah, I see ... so you're wavering too. Well I guess we give her an honorary membership. But we forgot Auralan, she's already member no.4. So Tame will be no. 5. Hope you don't mind Tame .

Estelle xxx

PS: Critter, I would only dare to call Tame dumb when she is ill. At least I'd have time to run then.
                                Last edited by estelle; 31 August 2004, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X