This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michelleb
    i've met her a couple of times....i even once found myself in the same bathroom as her..she is unbelivably beautiful, in RL, even more so than on screen, and funny, and clever, so touched by the attention she gets, so anxious to please us all, and totally adorable. and so easy to talk to! can you guess that, even though i'm a girl, i have a little bit of a crush on amanda? one of the reasons i have faith in the ship coming in is that i have faith in amanda (and RDA) sticking up for what the fans want.
    I've met Amanda once and she was the ONLY reason I went to the con. I like the way you put that; having a bit of a crush on her. I guess you could say I do too, because I idolize her so much. She not only plays a super cool and wonderful character, but the person in real life is even better. She's just plain and simply a nice and decent person - who I wish I looked like sooooooo much.

Now if I met RDA.... I could say there would be no words to describe my reaction, because there would literally be NO words... Just imagine a woman standing there in a pool of drool, with a dopey smile on her face. Then of course imagine the stupor ending and said woman jumping said hunk. Then insert woman in jail, hiding in a corner and waiting for Tame to bail her out. *blinks* I'm done.

Sally
    Last edited by majorsal; 31 August 2004, 12:11 AM.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
      Hi all!

KG did an excellent job giving all the shippy details at the con, so in that area I don't really have much else to add. The only thing I could think of is they showed a shippy video..."This is Your Brain on Love." It had a lot of "dumb" Jack moments and scenes with Sam. It also ended with the kiss from WoO which got a lot of cheers. I had the greatest time!

Hi, KG!!! Glad you made it home alright!
      Welcome back!

I want to see that vid! I think it's *so* neat that they showed a shippy vid there.

Did ya give Amanda the letters? *mineminemine*

Glad you had a great time.

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
        or he could just kiss her. that should make all thoughts of other men go out of her head.
        Originally posted by auralan
        I'm voting for this option.
        When Jack kisses her, as soon as his lips touch hers, she'll whimper and return it. As soon as Jack's tongue gently touches hers, she'll moan and suck it in. As soon as he presses her body against his.... she won't remember that she's got a boyfriend, let alone his name.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

SPOILERS for s7 and s8

Originally posted by Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
          I have just realized how incredibly long and snarky that entire post was, so have come to apologize.

Does anyone know of any good and fluffy fan fiction, as that I think is what I need write now. Or humor. Humor would be good.

Ship Nana, when you get a chance could you put my name on the Shipper Medal Of Courage? I think it would do my heart some good. Thank You!

And Thanks for being such a great family everybody! I never really noticed how hard it was to be a lone shipper until I started coming here and then stopped.

Together we shall triumph in the fight against !

Arrr!!!!!!!!, he'll walk the plank he will!

Sam and Jack Forever!

and the safe return of Jacob Carter. He'll set everything straight.

Ar!

[Jack!]

Sarah
          (((((((((((((((((((Sarah))))))))))))))))))))))

Sam won't marry PS. It's going to be Teal'c's son and some Jaffa chick. Sam will eventually dump PS. Read the 'Threads' spoilers on Gateworld, the spoilers will make you feel better big time.

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
            Hey SueKay, I'm reading your General's Hell fan fic. Only on chapter 3. I am really enjoing it. I haven't read much fan fic because I'm afraid it will ruin the show for me. But so many people have remarked about this that I decided to give it a try. I finally have a smile on my face....thanks.
            Thank you!!!
            It will be updated soon, but one of those pesky Writer's block Gremlins is camped on my doorstep!!!
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
              Actually, by best and biggest hope (as when it all somes down to it I am an optimistic shipper) is that due to some crazy alien ritual/influence....

Mr. and Mrs. O'Neill!

"But all we did was drink from the same cup!" (or something.)

"Sorry, but that is the law. And if you try to break the joining then we can't have a treaty with your people to mine all these giant deposites of trinium and naquadah. That's too bad really."

Yes!

I allways hoped crazy alien rituals would enter into it somehow.

See, this is why I love the sci fi!
              Yes!!!

I'll drink from that cup too!

*sends drink to RDA*

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                Ok guys this is my last post for 5 or 6 days!
                I'm going away with my parents for a few days (not really sure how many, depends on the weather) and I won't be able to post, I might be able to lurk and read through the posts but I doubts i'll get through them all

Anyway I just thought i'd let you all know I was going just incase anyone wondered where I had gone

((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))
                I'm going to miss talking to you all!!

But if Caty can cope for 2 weeks, i'm sure i'll be able to go 5 days without you all......
                [oh who am I kidding i'll be in withdrawl after a day]

and Welcome back Tasha, Kiwi and Lunar!!!
                Have a good time away! Are you going on holiday?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                  No new cookies yet!!!! But I am reposting them for all the newbies who have joined the Shipper Family.
                  I've got a new shipper cookie!

Margarita shipper cookie. It works on drowning your sorrows, or celebrating your shipper glee.

Sally

ps - the Presidente Margarita at Chillys that I keep talking about is a shade of green, but since those colors have already been used, I choose a combo.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Good morning campers!!

I'm lovin all of these con' reports btw!
                    I'm glad that I know that I don't act like a dumbstruck idiot around the actors. I've met several Star Trek Alumni, including Robbie McNeill (insert voyager style thunk) and I was fine!

I've just posted a biographical (sorta) piece at http://www.fictionpress.com/~suekay04 and I would be grateful if anyone would read it!

I've also posted the first chapter of my latest fic - MTV Generation, and yup, you guessed it - it's all about Jack's clone!! The links in my sig, and I LOOOOOOOOOVE feedback!

I've updated my story 'A different point of view' as well, but no-one seems interested

Ah well...
                    Gotta go and get ready for my 6th year induction day. Joy!!!

Suz
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      I've got a new shipper cookie!

Margarita shipper cookie. It works on drowning your sorrows, or celebrating your shipper glee.

Sally

ps - the Presidente Margarita at Chillys that I keep talking about is a shade of green, but since those colors have already been used, I choose a combo.
                      I'll one of those!!

I meant to ask, has anybody got high resolution pics of the various Jack/Sam kisses/hugs/moments that they could email me. I'm gonna try and make a graphics sig up, and I've got somethnig special planned. (If I can find a graphics host!!)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                        Well, I know how you feel totally. I've had to go to the land of denial (and gads I wish that were actually *in* Egypt!) to even watch these days. As for me, I'm kind of glad that we're getting a break in a few weeks. Funny, I used to hate haitus because it meant a long time with no Stargate and I used to hate to have to wait so long. Now, I'm of the mind that I need the break, a sad situation that I'm actually looking forward to the hiatus, oy. I am hopeful though that the second half will be better than the first half, it was last year. I think that hope is one of two things keeping me going (the other is making vids).

((((((((((marimba)))))))))))

*pushes JackClone foward*

Here, hon, he's new and improved AGAIN. *frowns at Tame who insists on breaking all the clones tongues*

As a wonderful movie once proclaimed: If you build it, they will come. Well, they've built this Sam/Jack love thing for 8 years, it'll come through and so will we!

*thus ends motivational speech number 5*

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Heres a pic for ya. =)

Comment

Originally posted by caseek
                            Hello from a life-long lurker! I'm wired from 2 cups of coffee not too long ago, and just decided to crawl out from underneath my SG-1 blanket which shields and protects me from all things . Like I said, I'm a lurker, so I've never posted on any forum ever before, but lately I've found myself checking the boards more and more often. The people that post around here are the only people I've found with the same passion for the Sam/Jack ship as I. So for that, I thank you.
                            Welcome, Caseek!

Pull up a chair and grab yourself a cookie.

Btw, can I have a blanket like that?!

Sally

ps - To all the newbies I've missed welcoming, WELCOME.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              I found it on the Season 8 page, under the Gemini heading. I'm going to assume that there's some basis in truth for this, but I've not been able to find their source for this.

Anyway, if you don't feel like going over there, here's what it says:
                              Spoiler:
                              "A duplicate of Colonel Carter seeks help from Stargate Command in defeating the Replicator Fifth, who she claims has found a way to counter the Asgard's new weapon."

Aside from a grammatical error, this looks interesting. Somehow I suspect that Replicarter has designs on galactic domination.

Thanks! This sounds great!

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColSamONeill
                                I just got home from Chicago early this morning (Monday) so I haven't had time to post about the con, so here goes.

As some of the con goers have mentioned Amanda did talk about Affinity, although she had to be vague because some people said they hadn't seen it yet. I had mentioned to her earlier at the breakfast that I thought Affinity was just one big ball of wrong and she said "You guys have seen that episode already?" and I said Yes and she said "Oh God, uh we'll talk about that later at the Q and A. LOL. Later at the Q and A someone asked her if she had ever read a script that shocked her and that's when she brought up Affinity. Being vague, she said that she couldn't believe that Sam had answered the way she did to Petes question and that she hated the way that Sam acted, being all lovey dovey with Pete while she was still basically on duty and doing her job. She said it was totally the wrong place and time to be doing that. It was hysterically funny when she said she went into Robert Coopers office and started saying BUT IT'S TOO SOON, SHE'S NOT READY FOR THAT!!!! and then said And what about that other fella that she has a thing for!!!. Of course that was referring to Jack.

I think Amanda is finally coming around to the ship, not that she hasn't been for it, just that she didn't want to become "Jacks girl". I think she's pretty much always hoped that Jack and Sam would end up together because she always says that she wants Sam to finally accept Jacks "fishing invitation".

Another funny moment was when someone asked her what her favorite planet was that they visited and she said probably the planet that Kynthia was on (Brief Candle) because it had a really cool beach, but then mentioned maybe they shouldn't talk about that episode because in that one "Jack had sex" and then she put her arm over her eyes and acted like she was crying. LOL.

Lots of cheers whenever Jack and Sam were mentioned together, a few for Pete and Sam but not alot. I think she got the message once again, because the cheers for Sam and Jack got alot of smiles out of her.

Someone asked her if any of them were like their characters in real life and she said that she thinks Richard is the most like Jack because he's saracastic and just this side of dim. Joking of course bahhhhhaaaa.

I have to say I've met Amanda three times now (way more than I ever thought I would) and the woman is just amazing. She's the sweetest, nicest person and really really gorgeous. She really loves her fans and makes sure she takes time with each one of them. When she was thanking us at the beginning of her Q and A she got really choked up and almost couldn't talk for a minute.

I started this thing with her the first time I met her where I bring her a shirt with Ralphie on it. If you don't know, Amanda loves the character of Ralphie from The Simpsons and when I first met her I brought her one and she loved it so much I just keep bringing them to her . Anyway, she was telling me that she wears them when she works out and that her trainer really loves Ralphie too and as she was saying this, she was like leaning really close to me, our faces were like inches apart, and I'm trying not to freak out because well, she's Amanda Tapping for pitys sake!!!!! Needless to say, I couldn't really get any words out, I just kinda nodded and smiled, until she backed away. LOL. I turn into a total dork around her, but it can't be helped LOL.

I do feel better about feeling like a dork, because she was telling this story about how her friend is doing the catering, I believe, for a play that Carol Burnett is doing in Vancouver? and that he's letting her assist him. Amanda loves Carol Burnett and she said that she'll probably act like a total dork and go up to her and say "Here's your sandwich, Ms. Burnett!!" LOL. So I guess Amanda would be my Carol Burnett LOL.

Anyway I guess I should shut up now because otherwise I'll go on all night. Oh I met Chris Judge too, but that is a whole other story LOL. It has to do with, how should I put this nicely, uh, family jewels and my knee. bahhhhaa. I swear I didn't do it!!!!!

Sam and Jack forever! Shippers rule!!!

Heidi

I'm loving these con reports!

Thanks, Heidi, big time!

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X