X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26
    Yes, but
    Spoiler:
    it is my understanding that she is a member of a civilian oversight committee that oversees the SGC, so it really could be an issue
    Old fashioned spoiler:

TPTB wanted Jack's new gf to be someone who had access to the Stargate, knew or knew of Sam, and was familiar with the military and its rules (so she can talk to Jack about them). They had Jack keeping the dating a secret, so Sam could be shown being shocked. If they just wanted Jack to have a gf they could have had him meet her outside of the Mountain. * They want a whole lot of exposition in just a few very short scenes. Hence this "all things in one" KJ gf. There still must be earlier scene or scenes that show who KJ is and what she does. Anyway that's my take on this "Oversight Committee." Will they address the aspect of whether it's kosher for them to date? Probably not, if we go by what's done with Pete's actions.
    *please--it's not a suggestion to TPTB
    Last edited by Gatetrixer; 26 August 2004, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Ok...so I'm at work today thinking about SG....how unusual is that! And I wanted to ask you guys a question....and it will come around to S/J in the end...

Anyway...last night we were watching Dead Zone on USA and a couple of other Sci Fi shows....and In Dead Zone we spotted the guy who played the Captain from the one where Jaffa are doing training exercises dressed as SG teams and
      and the General at the AF Academy from the one where Sam finds her protege and we've seen several other SG actors/actresses in some of our other shows that are shot up in Canada.... It's sort of hubs and mine's new favorite game to see who spots one first and can name who they were and in what episode.

So - does anyone else play that game.....and (here's the S/J part) when you see RDA or AT in other movies/series.....does it seem out of place for you? And further more...if they are having a romantic relationship in that show...does your mind go..."Shouldn't he be looking for Carter?"

Ok...so it's random and strange.....my thought process ....

S

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
        He fell off the turnip truck yesterday???

*IF* he had brains, he might be dangerous!!!

waterfall
        as it stands he's already dangerous! i'd hate to see him with brains, although if he had brains he might be able to figure out that sam is in love with someone else...

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
          Interesting posts Zoser, MichelleB, shelsfc…
          S8 Threads….

But Jack is still hiding...
          Spoiler:
          the Kerry relationship from his friends, the base and the AF/Pentagon PTB. Why worry about protecting or hiding her? She’s a big girl able to take care of herself well enough to get herself on the oversight committee. To me it too smacks of conflict of interest, and even if it weren’t… hmmm… you have someone on the oversight committee in a hot-n-heavy relationship w/the general running the base…. Yeah, right… It’s like the Mayor dating the head of the City Council or the PM dating the head of the House of Lords (did I get that right?) & trying to keep it a ‘secret’ or tell anyone there’s no influence of the other party going on… It just looks like Jack went after a hot piece of som-‘um & wants to have his cake & eat it. To me appears he’s in a worse position insofar as he’s running the show & no matter who he dates in house or attached-to-the-house like Kerry… any relationship like that is not going to appear seemly to anyone in their reality.

That’s why I think (as I posted last night http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4482 ) that TPTB need to address it & Threads seems like it’d be the perfect show & scene to
          Spoiler:
          let things rise to a steady boil in Sam. If they’re going to rewrite anything… rewrite that Kerry interrupting J/S scene. Let Sam be assertive & call him on the carpet about it. “If you can hide ship/protect Kerry, what about me? What about us? Define for me what we have and where will we be going?”

OK… MiniRant over with….
          And Sam is the only one who knows about it. That should be interesting.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
            I don't remember who said that in "Broca" Jack ends the locker room scene by kissing Sam's neck. Well, in looking for that-- I noticed something else: when Sam slams Jack down on the bench and she's lowering her head to kiss him, he puckers his lips!!
            That was me who brought up Broca. Okay, now I have to go watch it again! (Not that it's a chore -- who can resist seeing Sam and Jack in a liplock?)

I agree with Nana -- we need KISSING, KISSING AND MORE KISSING!!
            -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

Agreed. I can't wait to see how this plays out. I strongly suspect it's going to be very, very good.
              *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

wow i just came on again and found out my mom's name is on the shipper medal go mom, ok random moment over.
                -you know your crazy right?
                -...yes
                -ok just checking

-I'm only as paranoid as the voices in my head say i am.

Me and My Danielbot live in a cabin by the woods...

there's something fishy about our new puppy...

Comment

Originally posted by sacme

why, thank you!

ship sistah
                  I love your band! What's the name of it?

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

//Nope, in fact, I'd say they've just about lived up to their own worst fears. Another ep like this and we'll have a full-fledged evening soap on our hands. Funny, I remember reading a long time ago that some of the antis (on another site that is heavily populated with antis) were complaining that Sam and Jack were turning Stargate into a soap. Funny, we never even came close to soap territory until Ptui came on the scene.//

ironic yes? I still think my tv was channeling an alternate universe and I watched Soapgate instead of Stargate last week...

//So noted on Keith Urban. As for "Still Holding Out for You", I have a vid up for that song already. Made it for Tasha a while back! //

yeah, I realized that after I posted...I'd watched it and it was still on my computer...no wonder I thought it was a great song for a vid!

//Which is why I'm not watching Atlantis... I'm too scared to place myself in their hands for yet another show. And I mean that. I'm too punch-drunk to take anymore. //

I watch without expecting anything or hoping for anything...I'm just enjoying watching them interact...the show IS good though, so I guess I'm risking it....PTB, don't dissappoint me please

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                    ~Imzadi
                    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      Spoiler:
                      I think I heard somebody say that Kerry is there to oversee SG1 - not the entire SGC. Which does not put her in a place of authority over Jack, I wouldn't think.

BTW, I also watched *most* of the episode on Friday, and I was not impressed at all. Even the lab scene had holes. I'm with everybody who has posted that if the ship isn't resolved this season, I won't be watching S9.
                      - Mary
                      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                        I don't remember who said that in "Broca" Jack ends the locker room scene by kissing Sam's neck. Well, in looking for that-- I noticed something else: when Sam slams Jack down on the bench and she's lowering her head to kiss him, he puckers his lips!!
                        I love this episode.

Here's something else I noted in it, but it takes a bit of thought.

In the lockerroom scene, the first thing we see is Jack opening his locker and then wiping his face with a towel. He's dripping wet, fresh from the shower. Sam comes in, he pulls on his shirt, she jumps him, and we all know where it goes from there. Anyway, my thought was, since he was fresh from the shower when the scene began, there are only two possibilities for his attire when he carried her through the halls to the infirmary: he was in a towel only, or he wasn't wearing a stitch from the waist down! <g> After all, he opened his locker and *didn't* take out a pair of pants . . . just the shirt. <vbEEg>

Sure . . . that'll calm down a libidinous captain . . . <g>
                        - Mary
                        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                          Spoiler:
                          I think I heard somebody say that Kerry is there to oversee SG1 - not the entire SGC. Which does not put her in a place of authority over Jack, I wouldn't think.

BTW, I also watched *most* of the episode on Friday, and I was not impressed at all. Even the lab scene had holes. I'm with everybody who has posted that if the ship isn't resolved this season, I won't be watching S9.
                          BTW, Rogue - forgot to mention I love your name. (I'm a Rogue/Gambit shipper from my teenage years!) <g>
                          - Mary

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                            Why couldn't TPTB just have let Sam and Jacks relationship follow its natural course all along. If they wouldn't have made such a big deal about not getting them together than they probably wouldn't have had to make such a big deal about getting them together (I hope). There is enough to deal with Jack still having to send Sam out on missions and not being able to go with her, Sam helping Jack deal with running the SGC instead of going on missions, and disagreements all while still continuing with their relationship. They could show how couples working at the SGC have to deal with the fact that they may not see each other again after they walk through the gate. The point is it wouldn't have had to be the A story or the B story, it could have been the once in a while C story. They could still interact with each other as teammates and it would be unthinkable to think that Jack and Sam wouldn't act just as professional on base as a couple as they do now. Sam brings up a good point, if there is to be a season 9 (with RDA) why not show Jack and Sam considering a family and what exactly would they do? Again this wouldn't have to be the A or B plot to the story, just in the background along with SGC business. TPTB are making more of this than it really ever had to be.
                            I totally agree with everything you've said, and I've been saying it myself for years. I think that's part of why the Sam/PS relay bothers me so, because it's showing the struggles that I wanted to see between Sam and Jack. *my main reason for being against S/P is pure, unadulterated jealousy* But can you imagine if Sam and Jack had gotten together shortly after D&C? Where would they be now in their relay? I'd imagine they'd already be married -prob would have been a proposal at the season end of one of the seasons- and a marriage in maybe the mid-season finale of the next. And now?... maybe they'd be expecting their first child.... *sigh* Man, just thinking about it gives me bitter/sweet feelings. Sweet that I'd LOVE to have seen that happen, and bitter that it hasn't. And we're seeing some of those juicy relay issues being done now with the wrong man. I have this feeling, that if there's a movie.... we might just get some good ship. Real, relationship scenes! *fingers, toes, and internal organs crossed* But first we have to get the blasted couple together! Bring on Threads and bring our ship to port!!!

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

//Oh Lisa ..I'm downloading some Keith Urban songs right now ...and I'll see if I can pick one too. I'll download She daisy too and will let you know ..Marimba can be in touch with me so that we don't choose the same one if she decides to make one too.//

//I have listened to "Somebody like you" Keith Urban ..and I could do that one for you if you like !!!!!....I'll wait until Marimba tells me so ..I don't want to clash..I love that one ..it's great //

Caty and Marimba: that works for me <g> there are two great Keith Urban songs Whenever I run and Someone like you...and we have two great minds here, so whatever you guys decide is awesome...wish I had the time and skill to make em...

Caty: I can't figure out how to watch your videos on my computer. I can watch on a couple others computers, but on mine the musics superslow and sounds funny...help!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                              ~Imzadi
                              describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                              Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                                Spoilers Season 8 "Threads"
                                .After Sam sees Jack and Kerry together and goes to visit Jacob in the hospital I would like Jacob to pick up on the fact that something is wrong, but knowing Sam as he does if he were to ask her what was wrong she would say nothing so he would have to come at it from another angle. Realizing that she was having second thoughts, Jacob could re emphasize just how important it was that he married his wife because he truly loved her and couldn't imagine a life without her, etc., etc. So, after leaving Jacob Sam decides to go back to Jacks house to talk to him. Sidenote; Sams reputation, I think, has truly been destroyed through all of this, so I feel it would be important for Sam to be the one to make the first move for the talk. I guess my reason for saying all of this is because it would bring full closure to the questions raised in Grace. Sam would be confronting her fears rather than running or settling. Trust me I would take any kind of positive closure between Sam and Jack. Do I think it is all Sams fault, absolutely not. Jack has had as much to do with this confusion as Sam, with all the times she wanted to talk to him and he cut her off or they were interrupted, he never made an attempt.
                                First off, yes, it's just as much Jack's doing for their continued stupidity as it is Sam's.

I really like your idea for Sam returning to Jack's house to have that talk. Besides the logic to it, I really, really hope it goes that way!

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X